• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuroko's Basketball

Wow, fuck you Crunchyroll for spoiling the entire episode and the next one on the episode description. It wasn't even the right episode title or description! Jesus.

Gundam G Fighter, reeaddyy go!

Ofcourse the Pharaoh gundam wouldn't be complete without mummy toilet paper roll :D

TxqcZZo.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I forgot who it was who was watching Aria, but I found it! Here is the translation of the drama CD that continues the story after the ending of Origination!

http://snowbouquet.tumblr.com/post/31393355668/aria-of-continuation
Bonus if you can find the accompanying drama cd (on the youtubes) and listen to the actresses act it out.

---
Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA fin
It's finally over! They explained the mystery of the disappearing dried squid and tissue balls that made it look like Tsuda was fapping all the time!

But the megatonz was this:
HSKYwcBl.png

I hope it's real... but I don't think so. :(

Holy shit, awesome. lol

And you should, if you have any fondness for girls being perverted and making crude sex jokes.

Speaking of which, if you want more crude sex jokes and girls being perverted, check out the mangaka's new series, Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan.

It's almost basically the same thing!

• HOLY CRAP IT'S LOG HORIZON 06
olWRf3h.gif

The one thing about this show is that it's got SO much exposition to the point that it's almost too much. But it is appreciated, because it'll make things a lot less confusing when all these factors inevitably come into play later. What I'm worried about is if there will be enough time left in the rest of the show to get things done beyond rescue missions and raids.

Ironically enough, they're spending so much time explaining game mechanics that they haven't even thought about how the heck they got in this mess in the first place!

CRYPTIC CHARACTER FLASHBACK!
Paddy hat girl. Future rival love interest?
I1OWK2G.png

Minori too. Is she the girl opposite Akatsuki in the OP?

and thus the harem begins. Hopefully I get to see them meeting up properly by next episode.

and now we finally hear the title dropped. This next story arc is probably going to take a while to resolve. Not that I would know since I haven't read the manga yet (planning to read all of it after next week's episode)

Please let there be action next episode.
JUST KIDDING IT'S MCDONALDS

Jintor

• HOLY CRAP IT'S LOG HORIZON 06
The one thing about this show is that it's got SO much exposition to the point that it's almost too much. But it is appreciated, because it'll make things a lot less confusing when all these factors inevitably come into play later. What I'm worried about is if there will be enough time left in the rest of the show to get things done beyond rescue missions and raids.

Ironically enough, they're spending so much time explaining game mechanics that they haven't even thought about how the heck they got in this mess in the first place!

Log Horizon is a 25-episoder right? Seems like it's got plenty of time.

Log Horizon 05

Nice to get some perspective on the NPCs. Seems like the Good Guild can't do shit in Akihabara lol.

MMOs in anime are weird. I've been trying to think of 'legendary parties' in real-world MMOs, and the closest I can think of are either notorious individuals famous for single events (Corrupted Blood) or notorious corporations in EVE (like Goonswarm). Fuck, goonswarm in an mmo anime would be awesome. But I didn't play a lot of MMOs, so maybe I'm missing out, but the culture always seemed to be not really caring about what other players did unless the game was specifically engineered to be player-reactive.

Log Horizon is a 25-episoder right? Seems like it's got plenty of time.

Log Horizon 05

Nice to get some perspective on the NPCs. Seems like the Good Guild can't do shit in Akihabara lol.

MMOs in anime are weird. I've been trying to think of 'legendary parties' in real-world MMOs, and the closest I can think of are either notorious individuals famous for single events (Corrupted Blood) or notorious corporations in EVE (like Goonswarm). Fuck, goonswarm in an mmo anime would be awesome. But I didn't play a lot of MMOs, so maybe I'm missing out, but the culture always seemed to be not really caring about what other players did unless the game was specifically engineered to be player-reactive.

Yeah Log Horizon's got a lot of time to fully flesh things out.

The only legendary parties I can think of are griefing groups, heh.

Jintor

It is weird how everyone in Log Horizon is surprisingly calm about having being transported into a game world leaving presumably their IRL friends and family behind. Well, the main characters, anyway.

But the show is good enough that I have faith they'll deal with that in due course

cajunator

Banned
It is weird how everyone in Log Horizon is surprisingly calm about having being transported into a game world leaving presumably their IRL friends and family behind. Well, the main characters, anyway.

But the show is good enough that I have faith they'll deal with that in due course

The nervegear in SAO was a really stupid and forced idea but it does make me wonder what sort of thing is going on it Log Horizon.

Gazoinks

I was thinking when watching the OP ("the addiction of the system grows") that it'd be hilarious if the plot twist was that they weren't actually stuck and everyone was just really addicted to the game. Of course, that doesn't actually make sense with what they've presented us. Still, it'd be wonderfully trollish.

I forgot who it was who was watching Aria, but I found it! Here is the translation of the drama CD that continues the story after the ending of Origination!

http://snowbouquet.tumblr.com/post/31393355668/aria-of-continuation
Bonus if you can find the accompanying drama cd (on the youtubes) and listen to the actresses act it out.

I'll definitely check these out once I finally go through the Origination. I think I listened to one of the drama CDs that came out before the anime and the voices are weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird. Kaori Mizuhashi as Akari especially.

Vecks

I don't think they'll deal with it. So far the theme seems to be focused on making the most of their new life rather than leaving behind an old one.

Jintor

It seems more like they've been transported to a parallel universe that runs on game logic, rather than actually having being transported into the game itself, since I think Tank mentioned in Ep 3 about it being a monitor-based game and the UI they occasionally show is blocky and pixellated as shit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll definitely check these out once I finally go through the Origination. I think I listened to one of the drama CDs that came out before the anime and the voices are weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird. Kaori Mizuhashi as Akari especially.
Yep, I gave those a listen too. lol
The newer ones made for the animes have the anime cast at least!
(rip Athena).

It seems more like they've been transported to a parallel universe that runs on game logic, rather than actually having being transported into the game itself, since I think Tank mentioned in Ep 3 about it being a monitor-based game and the UI they occasionally show is blocky and pixellated as shit.

From what I've seen from novel readers,
that is indeed what has happened; the wolrd has become the game, they aren't in comas somewhere in the "real world".

• Kill THE Kill 06
The most powerful nipples in the world.

Nudist BEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAACH
Sexy Kamina is even better than the Free! boys.

Sanageyama is coming off to be a Starscream, at least right now. Lol young Satsuki looks the same as she does as a young adult.

Woah, a kendo mecha.

Well that was incredibly quick to fight one of the Elite Four, all the way in Episode 6. Although, we beat one of the Four Spiral Generals by this time in Gurren Lagann too.

This is different, two fights in one episode.

Kendo is lots of fun. Do it.

Wasn't paddy hat girl the leader of Debauchery Tea Party?

I don't think they've specifically said it in the anime yet, but I think she is going from context.

CorvoSol

how's Coppelion? I wonder if I should start to watch it.

It isn't that bad. I watch it and while the filters are waaaay too much, and Aoi is an awful character that I hate, the show is still decently entertaining.

GODANNAR 1

BUTTS
MECHS
MORE BUTTS
MILF
HIYAMA NOBUYUKI
HOT BLOODED MECH GATTAAAAAAAI
INSERT SONG

I came for the hometown and I'm staying for everything else, this is wonderful.

Hahaha, it's really all you need to know about Godannar.

I would put Macross Plus specifically on your short list. It's mandatory viewing.

On this note, is there a recommended order to view Mazinger, Getter, and Macross in? Like Gundam UC is a timeline, so there's that, but like, what do I do for these ns?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, so if anyone remembers Crimson Star Media and the attempt to license Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and release a DVD of it, the latest ANNCast goes over the whole sordid affair:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2013-11-08

So guy violated his parole (stay away from minors) by going to an anime con to promote the DVD release and then it turned out that he financed the entire company using student loans.

This is fucking insane.

cajunator

Banned
Wow, so if anyone remembers Crimson Star Media and the attempt to license Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and release a DVD of it, the latest ANNCast goes over the whole sordid affair:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2013-11-08

So guy violated his parole (stay away from minors) by going to an anime con to promote the DVD release and then it turned out that he financed the entire company using student loans.

This is fucking insane.

Wasnt this discovered before?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Episode 5:

The world building continues as we officially conclude the Serara Arc and get a, not going to lie, kind of dull explanation of how local politics have been shaping since Shiroe left and the news is not good. I am not sure if this is meant to be a meta-commentary on class warfare and the corruption of the human condition that take place but it sure ended up that way. Also, reason number 43,677 as to what Log Horizon is better then Sword Art Online, this show address farmers, in this case loot farmers. At any rate, we finally get our next arc as Shiroe must save some more friends and now he seeks the power to revolutionize the world and we also get our title drop. Oh, right, some how they have created Cajunator in anime form with Henrietta; so much so that I honestly find it unnerving.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 6

Kuroko's new move is revealed and the reactions from Shutoku were good. The ending of the game is pretty bad though because
it ends with a tie

Next episode is going to be good because
it's a flashback of how Seirin Basketball Club began.

cajunator

Banned
I guess the arrest is old news. But I don't really pay attention to this stuff anymore, and hearing the guy who was "hired" to translate the anime tell the story is kind of funny/sad.

It is an insane story but Im really glad it wasnt allowed to continue and people didnt get scammed.

Log Horizon Episode 5:

The world building continues as we officially conclude the Serara Arc and get a, not going to lie, kind of dull explanation of how local politics have been shaping since Shiroe left and the news is not good. I am not sure if this is meant to be a meta-commentary on class warfare and the corruption of the human condition that take place but it sure ended up that way. Also, reason number 43,677 as to what Log Horizon is better then Sword Art Online, this show address farmers, in this case loot farmers. At any rate, we finally get our next arc as Shiroe must save some more friends and now he seeks the power to revolutionize the world and we also get our title drop. Oh, right, some how they have created Cajunator in anime form with Henrietta; so much so that I honestly find it unnerving.

Yeah, Henrietta just has moegasms at the most forced times, that if this show was darker I'd think she had ulterior motives.

DATABASE WOWOWOW

Damn Fire Emblem Awakening is great game. First game in years that I have literally played all day. 3DS purchase justified.

Waifu Emblem AOTY

Jintor

Maybe they answer this in Log Horizon 06, but I wonder what they're gonna do with Serrara and stuff. Maybe there'll be a lower level party with the twins after they rescue them or something.

Seems they trekked like for a week to go rescue her basically because they're nice, which is great and all, but I thought she'd maybe be the Guild Leader's sister or something specific. Oh well, guess there's no reason a Guild Master can't look out for their super low-level guildies

Also, she is totally weaponised cute

cajunator

Banned
Well, it's more that this guy ruined his life trying to release an anime. Taking out student loads and basically going to jail... what was he thinking.

Im all for enthusiasm and even stupid finnancial decisions to follow a passion, but violating parole? Stupid stupid stupid.

Maybe they answer this in Log Horizon 06, but I wonder what they're gonna do with Serrara and stuff. Maybe there'll be a lower level party with the twins after they rescue them or something.

Seems they trekked like for a week to go rescue her basically because they're nice, which is great and all, but I thought she'd maybe be the Guild Leader's sister or something specific. Oh well, guess there's no reason a Guild Master can't look out for their super low-level guildies

Also, she is totally weaponised cute

yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom