• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 1-27

Fuck I thought it would be a happy ending but then they pulled that. :(

Still gathering my thoughts but the last battle was a terrific way to end it,show went out with a bang. Was a bit afraid the quality dipped after the timeskip but the last set of episodes was pure awesomeness.
I didn't like a few things. There was too much fanservice and the battles relied too much on the power of "believe". Show could also spend more time highlighting the various background characters (Kittan and the others), the impact of those few last episodes would be much greater. None of this has ever stopped me from enjoying those amazing series though.
GL is beautifully animated (the goddamn episode 15) and so full of energy I was buzzed hours after watching an episode.

Attenborough rocks:

attenboroughv1kcb.gif

Fuck Rossiu.
Also thanks to the the cosmicblizzard for introducing me to the series in the KlK OP. :)

Glad I could help and that you enjoyed it :D

Einbroch

Banned
I haven't watched anime in quite a while, but a friend who plays FFXIV with me said that there was an MMO anime (SAO) out there and thought hey, what the heck.

It really makes me wish someone would make a super hardcore nerd anime with stats, lots of loot, and so on. Maybe I'll check out that one in the OP if it's any good.

CorvoSol

Google, when I say "Getter Robo" I don't mean fucking "Shin" or "New" or "G" I just want results that show me fucking "GETTER ROBO". I clicked your goddamn verbatim setting and you're STILL throwing words in.

I haven't watched anime in quite a while, but a friend who plays FFXIV with me said that there was an MMO anime (SAO) out there and thought hey, what the heck.

It really makes me wish someone would make a super hardcore nerd anime with stats, lots of loot, and so on. Maybe I'll check out that one in the OP if it's any good.

Please don't watch SAO

Love,

Your Future Self

Gazoinks

If you're looking for an MMO that actually feels like an MMO, definitely check out Log Horizon. It's also just good.

Disregard whatever your pal said and watch Log Horizon instead.

Vecks

Yes, at least watch the first half of SAO. But also don't forget to check out Log Horizon.

CorvoSol

I'm afraid I have to stop watching Getter Robo for now. The copy I bought stopped having subs last episode and none of the episodes after that have subs on them. I'm pissed as hell, and a search of the net makes it look like nobody even believes there was a show called Getter Robo that didn't end in New or Shin or Armageddon, so yeah. I was enjoying this show, but I cannot learn Japanese and understand it, and since episode 22 looked fairly important, I'm just going to have to stop, because I'd rather understand what I'm watching.

So yeah, shelving Getter for now, which blows, but there it is.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Ars Nova Episode 8
Im really falling inlove with Kougou's design, however haruno remains best girl, I forever love when they take her coat off and put it back on

Mortemis

Banned
Flamenger 11

WAAAAIITT WAAAAT Mechs? THEY WENT THERE

Oh my god they went there. They totally, completely, utterly went there. Nothing stops this train. Nothing.

There is no train anymore. The train went off the tracks and took flight. NOTHING STOPS THIS FLIGHT

Golden Time - 12

Well shit went down. Banri of course
chose the wrong girl and I think the whole forgetting the past shtick will come back and stir up more problems, seriously you bring closure to the past not throw it under the train tracks.

So overall Linda is still best, Koko is still cray, and Mitsuo is manly man.

e_i

Fate/Stay Night

Nice series. Lots of action. Goddamn the main guy
gets stabbed a lot
. Also, what's with Saber at the ending?
She goes back to her world, but tells her second in command that she's going to sleep for a long time? Her second in command asks if Saber is dreaming again? I don't get it. Does Saber die? Or does she go back to the main guy?

Also, Illya is a bitch. I prefer the magical girl version better.

Jintor

The big bro in Non Non Biyori is amazing.

Non Non Biyori 11

Legit tier everyone comedy. Even Big Bro gets a nod in.

Skiing is awesome, snowboarding is even better.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm afraid I have to stop watching Getter Robo for now. The copy I bought stopped having subs last episode and none of the episodes after that have subs on them. I'm pissed as hell, and a search of the net makes it look like nobody even believes there was a show called Getter Robo that didn't end in New or Shin or Armageddon, so yeah. I was enjoying this show, but I cannot learn Japanese and understand it, and since episode 22 looked fairly important, I'm just going to have to stop, because I'd rather understand what I'm watching.

So yeah, shelving Getter for now, which blows, but there it is.

Did you accidentally buy bootlegs or something?

Mortemis

Banned
Is Kill la Kill on break or is CR just fucking up again like with VVV?

EDIT: Nvm, it's out on Daisuki, just not english. :/ So CR is just fucking up. >_>

CorvoSol

Where did you purchase it? I would demand a refund/file a paypal claim/whatever you have to do.

I bought it at a local store and took it in today and got my full refund. That's great and all but now I'm sort of out of luck when it comes to watching the founding series of one of the three most important mecha series of all time.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nobody seems to know why this is the case and it is making the Kill la Kill thread hard to read, so many Spoilers, NO!

Non Non Biyori 9

When you notice something, it becomes more obvious in your life afterwards. Like someone's obsession with Australia, or Pretty Cure references.

And an awful lot of "I want to cave your face in" intent.

Log Horizon Episode 6

I am a bit confused. Why did he tell the girl to cough in response to his questions? The communication system is telepathy. Nobody can overhear it. So why not just have her use complete sentences? Or at least just answer yes or no normally.

Log Horizon Episode 6

I am a bit confused. Why did he tell the girl to cough in response to his questions? The communication system is telepathy. Nobody can overhear it. So why not just have her use complete sentences? Or at least just answer yes or no normally.

why did 9000 damage take out a monk with 14+k hp?

Theonik

Is aniplex just delaying the english version? I mean it's out in 4 languages other than english on Daisuki.
Aniplex at the very least provides the English script both Daisuki and CR are using. (since the translations are the same for both) so for whatever reason there would seem to be a holdup in there somewhere.

RE: Kill la Kill: Wakanim delayed a few hours earlier than everyone else, citing no English subs. I'm going to blame Aniplex on this one, considering they're the only ones making English subs for this series and that everyone else's English stream has been delayed.

Yowamushi Pedal 8

Does AnimeGAF have a "Bro of the year" award that we can vote for?

Because Naruko deserves to win it.

That friendship scene between them was beautiful.

Onoda really does have that charm that can affect everyone. Imaizumi certainly must have noticed it now that he's actually having fun as well.

CorvoSol

SDF Macross 22

"Singing mustn't be defeated by weapons of barbaric war!"

And then I realized that the first Macross series had become complete and utter shit.

Samurai Flamenco 11

And people thought this would go back to being about a wannabe super hero in a real world setting.

People didn't "thought this would go back", people more like... hoped* it would go back. A subtle difference. :p

*Even then, it was a silly hope, it was clearly impossible after a gorilla beheaded that hope. Like, how you go back after it?

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 3

So basically Mizuki is like idol Batman.

What's more distracting about the CG sequences than anything else is the crowds. They look like what you'd see in the crowds of an early Xbox 360 baseball game. Or in next-gen Madden.

Do they really have idols make appearances on financial news shows and the like? Or is Mizuki so special an idol that she can comment on the subject of new taxes and shit and sound reasonably intelligent while doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom