• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

klk 12 wow it's
the power of friendship
zzz

Still enjoyable, I had some gripes with the way they executed some moments but the animation was very on-point and at least things are happening.

People asking for cheap "If we die in the game we die in real life!" consequences for Log Horizon? smh

But it isn't "die in the game die in real life." The game for all intents and purposes, has become real life. And I don't see it as cheap. Regardless, I'd be fine with death not being a consequence. I just want some sort of permanent consequence, so that failure has a bit more meaning. That said, I'm not sure if Shiroe ever actually fails. He hasn't yet.

Also Japanese J-dramas are so fun to watch. Hakuba no Oujisama is great.

Lain

Kyokai no Kanata 12

What an end. I was ready to get on here and post that the end disappointed me, but then, at the last minute, I was
tearing up and smiling at the same time
Wish there were some explanations, especially
about Akito
, though.
Anyways, loved this show from start to end.

Valvrave - 23

Yamada ;_;. Dammit, why couldn't you take down Q-vier along with you? Why?!?

But wait! What's this....?

Yes.

YESSSSSS.

YEEEEEEEAHHH! L-ELF IN DA HOUSE! LOOK AT YOURSELVES NOW EVIL PRICKS! AHAHAHAAHAHAAH.

I needed to see a moment like that after everything that's happened in this show so far.

Quasar

Because at worst if Shiroe ever fucks up a plan (does he ever, or is he basically perfect) the worst that happens if everyone gets sent to cathedral and he tries again. Or there might be temporary social consequences. But there does not seem to be such a thing as permanent consequences, which means there really isn't a way for the hero to ever fail meaningfully.

And yes, I get that pain can be a problem for unimportant characters that the hero has to save. But it doesn't make the hero's life dramatic.

Oh I think theres plenty of room for permanent consequences without permadeath for Adventurers.

I'm kind of more surprised that none of the players, who must mostly be kids, arent freaking out about not being able to even contact their families.

Golden Time 12

Ok so Koko may have her obsessive girlfriend side. But at least she acknowledges it and is honest over how hard it is for her. Linda on the other hand is too fucking dishonest with herself to the point she fucking pisses me off. Koko likes what she gets, Linda just lies and does so with a smile. I can't stand that kind of people.

So I'm still team koko. Banri manned up and was honest this episode, you gotta give him props. When he tells you the truth he goes full on.

Oh I think theres plenty of room for permanent consequences without permadeath for Adventurers.

I'm kind of more surprised that none of the players, who must mostly be kids, arent freaking out about not being able to even contact their families.

Maybe they were avid Pokemon players and adapted their mindset around that?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
VVV S2 w/e episode

This entire season sort of sucks. This episode seems to follow that path. Cool action aside, fuck this shit.

jman2050

Golden Time 12

Koko is still pretty loco and I love her for that. Banri you are a dummy, but you're still a cool dude when your Linda-obsessed past shadow thing isn't mucking things up for you.

Speaking of which, Linda keeps digging her hole deeper for no good reason at all and it's not going to end well for her if this continues. Even Minorin would be shaking her head at this level of self-denial.

Yeah I'm surprised there are still as many Linda fans. I swear most people just want best friend/childhood friend to win automatically. Linda, besides the not being psycho and being helpful, has not that many good qualities. Koko is best girl. KO KO FIGHT DA POWA

Samurai Flamenco 11

I uh... I said it'd be hard to screw up the ending of 10. And somehow, for me personally, they managed to screw it up. What the fuck. Not only did I not get Iron Man, the episode transformed into Power Rangers within 5 minutes and expected me to go for the ride. The introduction of the new characters was fucking done in like 2 minutes. And now the team is established. And the new plotline began with no rest.

Sorry I know I'd enjoy this more if I watched more japanese sentai-type shows, but this pacing and characterization is horrible for somebody like me. Hopefully the next episode slows the fuck down and brings in character development and a cooldown period for talking. I can't go from climax to climax.

Infinite Stratos 2 12
So an ok fight scene and a gathering of the harem in a hot spring. About as best of an ending this show was going to get

Gazoinks

Yeah I'm surprised there are still as many Linda fans. I swear most people just want best friend/childhood friend to win automatically. Linda, besides the not being psycho and being helpful, has not that many good qualities. Koko is best girl. KO KO FIGHT DA POWA

#teamnana

08th MS Team 04

Soooo
the super weapon is a flying morbidly obese Zaku? That's kind of disappointing. The fight was pretty awesome though, so I'm not complaining much.

Aina has a really long neck, and I feel like I'm supposed to like dark-haired casual Zeon guy less than I do.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time 12

Ok so Koko may have her obsessive girlfriend side. But at least she acknowledges it and is honest over how hard it is for her. Linda on the other hand is too fucking dishonest with herself to the point she fucking pisses me off. Koko likes what she gets, Linda just lies and does so with a smile. I can't stand that kind of people.

So I'm still team koko. Banri manned up and was honest this episode, you gotta give him props. When he tells you the truth he goes full on.

Golden Time 12

Koko is still pretty loco and I love her for that. Banri you are a dummy, but you're still a cool dude when your Linda-obsessed past shadow thing isn't mucking things up for you.

Speaking of which, Linda keeps digging her hole deeper for no good reason at all and it's not going to end well for her if this continues. Even Minorin would be shaking her head at this level of self-denial.

Koko is the best girl by every unit of measure. Her insanity only makes her more perfect.
then again I like yanderes a lot.

zeroshiki

Are there seriously people rooting for Linda? Really? Are these people really afraid of girls with character or something?

If Linda "wins" I swear I am dropping all romance anime forever. I still have scars left over from True Tears. Don't do this to me again.

Are there seriously people rooting for Linda? Really? Are these people really afraid of girls with character or something?

If Linda "wins" I swear I am dropping all romance anime forever. I still have scars left over from True Tears. Don't do this to me again.
Why would you remind me about True Tears AAAAAAAAAA.

JCG

Valvrave - 23

But wait! What's this....?

Yes.

YESSSSSS.

YEEEEEEEAHHH! L-ELF IN DA HOUSE! LOOK AT YOURSELVES NOW EVIL PRICKS! AHAHAHAAHAHAAH.

I needed to see a moment like that after everything that's happened in this show so far.

Definitely.
ERUERUF does it again.

I liked the majority of the episode, all things considered, but that was something we were particularly lacking lately.

Looking forward to next week even if I'm still fairly sure Valvrave will end here.

wonzo

Banned
Samumenco 11
samuraiflam11.jpg
samuraiflam11a.jpg

samuraiflam11b.jpg
samuraiflam11c.jpg

This show is so utterly insane it's like writers have written themselves onto a tightrope made of barbed wire hanging above a volcano and yet they're just calmly pulling triple backflips on it with their barefeet like they don't give a fuck. Better than VVV.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Ars Nova Episode 10

So many feels, I cant take it! :(
I knew something was up when maya was talking to her in that lil construct room

Koko is the best girl by every unit of measure. Her insanity only makes her more perfect.
then again I like yanderes a lot.

I have a soft spot for yanderes. Hence why the choice of Shuffle! was so hard when yandere was introduced.

Oh god True Tears. Basically yes that's the perfect example. Girl and guy who keep denying the feelings towards each other to the point they go for others. At least Golden Time has the bright side that Koko is main girl. Unlike in True Tears. So that should be a hopeful glimmer.

Outbreak Company 12

Lol this episode came out of nowhere with govt conspiracies and shit. All of a sudden I was shedding some manly tears at the pleas of the elf maid. I cry too easily man.

edit: this seems to be the series end. If so, it was enjoyable enough. Nothing to write home about or really recommend, unless you've exhausted other comedies/feel good shows. Or are really looking for an otaku humor show with fantasy/magic background. In which case your tastes are specific.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Infinite Stratos just ends. I can't believe it. What a mess of a season.

Also, I can't tell if I think Golden Time is better or worse than Pet Girl in terms of just finding ways to churn the love triangle over and over.

It's kind of funny in a way. I watched three light novel adaptations and they all reveal the problems with the light novel format - just like a shounen manga, they need to find ways to keep pimping new novels, and so things have to end with the characters in a static position until it is time to end the actual series. Hell, even Free from last season had to end with them losing in order to have them keep swimming again in more novels.

I'm not really sure if there's much of a solution. I suppose in the case of Infinite Stratos, it's a case of the source material itself going nowhere because the author is lazy/insane/whatever, but for stuff like Pet Girl or Golden Time... maybe don't go through the love triangle arcs over and over again. Especially when it is so clear that Koko is the winner and Linda is the Kanna.

Perhaps this is just another way of saying I should go back and watch Monogatari instead. lol

zeroshiki

Oh god True Tears. Basically yes that's the perfect example. Girl and guy who keep denying the feelings towards each other to the point they go for others. At least Golden Time has the bright side that Koko is main girl. Unlike in True Tears. So that should be a hopeful glimmer.

I still don't understand why
Hiromi
won in True Tears. Its, like, they spend all this time developing this one character and then boom, haha, fooled you, this other soulless character gets to win. To top it all off they added
that stupid brother incest subplot to Noe's story
. Arrgghhhh... thinking about this has gotten me pissed off all over again.

I still don't understand why
Hiromi
won in True Tears. Its, like, they spend all this time developing this one character and then boom, haha, fooled you, this other soulless character gets to win. To top it all off they added
that stupid brother incest subplot to Noe's story
. Arrgghhhh... thinking about this has gotten me pissed off all over again.

Whenever bad romance dramas puts me in a bad mood, I watch comedies with romance to make me feel better. Even if there's little development in the romance department, at least I'll laugh with other shit to make me forget the pain.

Though for some reason now I'm reminded of my love/hate relationship with the author of Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha. Her will they/won't they trope should've been gone after like 2 shows but it seems to me her thaaaaaang if my Maison Ikkoku synopsis is anything to guide myself with. I guess that's why shit like Golden Time is so refreshing. It's not particularly the best romance anime/drama ever, it's just that shit happens early on and I can move on to other drama.

kyoukai no kanata 12

iQ6ZgBN8oI0n9.gif

i dont know what happened but it was sure pretty.

so why did she
go poof.... and come back?

most of the plot just glosses over me head.

CorvoSol

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Monogatari SS 7

So it looks like this arc is about Hachikuji, which I'm sure means that Cnet fist pumped the air when he found out. Can't say I'm super upset, 'cuz Hachikuji is pretty funny. Shinobu being along for the ride is pretty meh to me. Also can we talk about Ougi Oshino for a sec? Who is this person? Why does she have a horrible, soulless face? Can she never ever ever ever be on screen again? Good grief what a nightmare creature.

Anyway Time Travel happens and it sends Araragi back TO THE EARLY 2000s!!! Armed with his futuristic knowledge Araragi can now tell the people of the past that Obama is gonna win the election, FFXIII is going to blow freaking chunks, and also maybe warn somebody about that whole nuclear fiasco in Japan.

I guess that this is all going on technically at the same time that Hanekawa's arc is going on, which means that Araragi was in the past while Hanekawa and Senjougahara were getting it on in the shower.

Time travel makes you miss out on all the things in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom