• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kare Kano Episodes 1-4 is the best romance anime ever.

Yeah I forgot about this one. I remember watching it early on and being surprised this happened. Then I read the manga was better/went further so I read it. And then it was my introduction into tropes of romance manga when people get together (I have a dark side, oh look here's a rival for your love, let's break up for a bit, sex, etc...)

I just want a show. A show about a couple. That gets together early on. And enjoys the fucking honeymoon period for at least half of the show. And that the issues comes from real shit like work, tiredness, etc... instead of husbando/waifu issues.

First world waifu issues.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yes. Switch to the monk class. Didn't pick a monk and can't switch? Serves you right for not picking the monk class.
monks are for losers.
CFlJhvk.png

CorvoSol

You are certainly corny though *shrugs*.

Not really too interested in picking up other winter shows at this point. eugh.

I'm gonna make an exception for Nobunaga the Fool because that show is too stupid to skip, but otherwise yeah, not gonna pick stuff up for the Winter.

wonzo

Banned
Yowapeda 11

yowapeda11.jpg

will buy johnny bepp's personal soda brand

I'm still enjoying this but I really do wish they'd up the pacing a little bit and just get to the race already.

The after-credit sequences are still the best.

I'm gonna make an exception for Nobunaga the Fool because that show is too stupid to skip, but otherwise yeah, not gonna pick stuff up for the Winter.

...I guess I considered fall for winter..... whoops...

Then again, I only remember that, Space Dandy, and maybe Sakura Trick....

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Monogatari SS 7

So it looks like this arc is about Hachikuji, which I'm sure means that Cnet fist pumped the air when he found out. Can't say I'm super upset, 'cuz Hachikuji is pretty funny. Shinobu being along for the ride is pretty meh to me. Also can we talk about Ougi Oshino for a sec? Who is this person? Why does she have a horrible, soulless face? Can she never ever ever ever be on screen again? Good grief what a nightmare creature.

Anyway Time Travel happens and it sends Araragi back TO THE EARLY 2000s!!! Armed with his futuristic knowledge Araragi can now tell the people of the past that Obama is gonna win the election, FFXIII is going to blow freaking chunks, and also maybe warn somebody about that whole nuclear fiasco in Japan.

I guess that this is all going on technically at the same time that Hanekawa's arc is going on, which means that Araragi was in the past while Hanekawa and Senjougahara were getting it on in the shower.

Time travel makes you miss out on all the things in life.

Im gonna tell you now that your experiencing nisio trolling, but not gonna tell you in what way.

Golden Time 12

Really good episode! Thought the club scene was nicely done. Love how active Mitsuo became, was rather funny.

Koko's still my favorite, but I still love Linda. Dat purple wig. It'll be really interesting to see how things develop further, how many more memories he'll recover.

I was surprised how
Forgiving Koko was after seeing Linda and Banri together like that. We know how hot-headed Koko is, but she just wants to be loved and not lied to either.

One of the better love triangles in Anime I've come across in recent memory.

Gazoinks

...I guess I considered fall for winter..... whoops...

Then again, I only remember that, Space Dandy, and maybe Sakura Trick....

Wizard Barristers > All

But yeah, not a lot that seems super interesting to me this winter. I'll sample a bunch and see if there are any surprises, though.

Golden Time 12

Really good episode! Thought the club scene was nicely done. Love how active Mitsuo became, was rather funny.

I'm still a fan of Linda. It'll be really interesting to see how things develop further, how many more memories he'll recover.

I was surprised how
Forgiving Koko was after seeing Linda and Banri together like that. We know how hot-headed Koko is, but she just wants to be loved and not lied to either.

One of the better love triangles in Anime I've come across in recent memory.

On the spoiler

She understands it was a weird situation. Hence when Linda said it was her she said she understood that. The slap had to do more with her thinking Banri was ignoring her, combined with the surprise of:

- finding out he's working, unlike what he said
- lying to her about the work
- Having Linda in the same work in that situation when she's already confused as hell about why he's not telling her the truth and what they could have had.

Hence why she went full psycho mode.

I think that's why the explaining scene in the apartment works so well. They sat down, talked it out, told each other the truth about their issues and even went one more step above in their relationship by being so honest and passionate about it. Linda on the other hand is still on the NOPE GONNA LIE state.

On the spoiler

She understands it was a weird situation. Hence when Linda said it was her she said she understood that. The slap had to do more with her thinking Banri was ignoring her, combined with the surprise of:

- finding out he's working, unlike what he said
- lying to her about the work
- Having Linda in the same work in that situation when she's already confused as hell about why he's not telling her the truth and what they could have had.

Hence why she went full psycho mode.

I think that's why the explaining scene in the apartment works so well. They sat down, talked it out, told each other the truth about their issues and even went one more step above in their relationship by being so honest and passionate about it. Linda on the other hand is still on the NOPE GONNA LIE state.

Good points. You gotta hand it to Koko for
Even going back to Banri's apartment in the first place. I was a little surprised myself she even took the key, then actually being there at the end.

I think someone mentioned this early, but how the hell did she even find them at the party? Maybe the manga shed more light on this.

OceanBlue

Hunter X Hunter 80

Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed. This anime is great, by the way. Thanks for recommending it. Fuck this though. And apparently CR comments are saying it gets even worse. :|

Hunter X Hunter 80

Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed. This anime is great, by the way. Thanks for recommending it. Fuck this though. And apparently CR comments are saying it gets even worse. :|

Love the review. :jnc

I've been contemplating checking it out myself, but it sounds like both good and bad advice. xD

Good points. You gotta hand it to Koko for
Even going back to Banri's apartment in the first place. I was a little surprised myself she even took the key, then actually being there at the end.

I think someone mentioned this early, but how the hell did she even find them at the party? Maybe the manga shed more light on this.

Yeah I was surprised a bit she found it. I'm assuming she investigated and maybe one of the folks working mentioned it to a friend that Koko got in touch with. Either ways I assume the LN is more obvious about it.

The LN and anime are two different beasts with the story telling from what I hear. The anime is a bit more vague like real life tends to be. While the LN is more direct about stuff. I guess this comes down to choose what you prefer.

OceanBlue

Love the review. :jnc

I've been contemplating checking it out myself, but it sounds like both good and bad advice. xD

Lol, don't let me scare you away. It's great. In my opinion, things really start rolling past episode 30 or so, but it's still very good up until that point.

The only problem I have is with the lack of females (especially in the beginning) :V. At least the show has gone from having almost no females to having a few.

Yeah I was surprised a bit she found it. I'm assuming she investigated and maybe one of the folks working mentioned it to a friend that Koko got in touch with. Either ways I assume the LN is more obvious about it.

The LN and anime are two different beasts with the story telling from what I hear. The anime is a bit more vague like real life tends to be. While the LN is more direct about stuff. I guess this comes down to choose what you prefer.

Indeed. Did you also see the Vita game coming out next year? 20 routes, and dat Koko statue :D

Dds X gj I g gj jh g ffdssssghjjiucb b jok if ffddfhiik ml lbvgf g huytfccddfvv
*dies

Yeah, that gif is pretty :cajun

:)

Hunter X Hunter 80

My god, you really blew through this. 80 episodes in 3 days is something I could never do these days.

So yeah, if anyone is on the fence about Hunter x Hunter, you can easily see how awesome it is if people are willing to watch so much of it in a short period of time.

Indeed. Did you also see the Vita game coming out next year? 20 routes, and dat Koko statue :D

No I haven't. But even if it magically decided to come to the west, I wouldn't play it seeing how the only way I get to play Vita games are by borrowing my friend's Vita and renting the games. And then he'd see what I'm playing. He understands I watch anime and all, even watches a few with me, but this might be the thing that makes him judge me with that

emWwkJ3.jpg

HRMMMMMMMMMMMMPH?

The extents of my anime viewing are greatly... the opposite word of exaggerated.

No I haven't. But even if it magically decided to come to the west, I wouldn't play it seeing how the only way I get to play Vita games are by borrowing my friend's Vita and renting the games. And then he'd see what I'm playing. He understands I watch anime and all, even watches a few with me, but this might be the thing that makes him judge me with that

emWwkJ3.jpg

HRMMMMMMMMMMMMPH?

The extents of my anime viewing are greatly... the opposite word of exaggerated.

True, but you could always get it for the awesome Koko figure, which you do not need a Vita for, and your friend never has to see ;D

Gazoinks

True, but you could always get it for the awesome Koko figure, which you do not need a Vita for, and your friend never has to see ;D

I personally draw the line at swimsuit (or fanservice in general) figures. None of that in my imaginary figure collection because I don't actually have any. :p

CorvoSol

Monogatari SS 8

LOL. So much. I just. Loli Hanekawa. Shinobu Hanekawa. The end of the world. Manages to save the girl with more ease than The TIme Machine had lead me to believe. This arc is either going to troll like nobody's business or it is going to get depressing as hell.

fertygo

Hunter X Hunter 80

Wow you watching 80 eps in like 2 days?
LOL

But its sure worth it doe.

Koko is lovely. Would much prefer a figure of her in her dress or at least that pink outfit in the ED.

Bikini Koko is nice, but I agree. She's classy, she should be in one of her pretty dresses! Might hold of on this LE for that, as we'll probably get some PVCs of these sometime soon.

Hi guys. I'm pretty new to the world of anime, just started during the summer this year when I was bored. Looking for suggestions on what to watch now that I'm on winter break between semesters.

Here is what i've watched so far:
Girls und Panzer
K-On! & K-On!!
Kokoro Connect
Lucky Star
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica & the third movie
Neon Genesis Evangelion
NHK ni Youkoso!
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Sword Art Online
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I'm currently watching Kill La Kill and enjoying it. However, I'm only watching whatever is the current free episode on crunchyroll so I'm a week behind.

I've watched all of SAO and I didn't find it as bad as some of you found it. I played WoW really hardcore during it's first two or three years so the concept of the show really appealed to be. The first half of SAO was pretty good but the second half of the SAO was really bad.

My favourites so far have been Madoka and NHK. The cutesy nature of Madoka initially turned me off but after the third episode I was hooked. NHK's exploration of social anxieties and depression was so different from the other anime that I've watched and I found it really interesting to see how the main character would escape his anxieties.

Oh, I also just finished A Link Between Worlds. Totally deserving of Gamespots GOTY imo.

Gazoinks

For a follow-up to Madoka I'd highly recommend Fate/Zero. Same writer, so it's a similar torrent of nihilistic depression, but in a different way. Really well developed characters, awesome fights, high production values.

If you like SAO, check out Log Horizon this season. 'nother MMO anime, but it does some stuff to set itself apart and it's very enjoyable so far.

I will also highly recommend Steins;Gate to anyone who asks because it is so good. :p

Some day I want to find someone who's never watched anime and make them marathon Utena Clockwork Orange-style.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hi guys. I'm pretty new to the world of anime, just started during the summer this year when I was bored. Looking for suggestions on what to watch now that I'm on winter break between semesters.

Girls und Panzer
K-On! & K-On!!

Tamayura!

For a follow-up to Madoka I'd highly recommend Fate/Zero. Same writer, so it's a similar torrent of nihilistic depression, but in a different way. Really well developed characters, awesome fights, high production values.

If you like SAO, check out Log Horizon this season. 'nother MMO anime, but it does some stuff to set itself apart and it's very enjoyable so far.

I will also highly recommend Steins;Gate to anyone who asks because it is so good. :p

Some day I want to find someone who's never watched anime and make them marathon Utena Clockwork Orange-style.

I tried watching one or two episodes of Log Horizon but I found it didn't start as strong as SAO so I kind of lost interest. Does it get better as you go along?

cajunator

Banned

Girls und Panzer
K-On! & K-On!!
Kojoro Connect
Lucky Star
Neon Genesis Evangelion
NHK ni Youkoso!
Sword Art Online

I'm currently watching Kill La Kill and enjoying it. However, I'm only watching whatever is the current free episode on crunchyroll so I'm a week behind.

I've watched all of SAO and I didn't find it as bad as some of you found it. I played WoW really hardcore during it's first two or three years so the concept of the show really appealed to be. The first half of SAO was pretty good but the second half of the SAO was really bad.

My favourites so far have been Madoka and NHK. The cutesy nature of Madoka initially turned me off but after the third episode I was hooked. NHK's exploration of social anxieties and depression was so different from the other anime that I've watched and I found it really interesting to see how the main character would escape his anxieties.

Oh, I also just finished A Link Between Worlds. Totally deserving of Gamespots GOTY imo.

Welcome!
Happy squees and penguins to you!

Tsuritama and Golden Time are really good. Also kill la kill, Humanity has declined, and From the New World and Steins; Gate

I wish you many happy days.

Gazoinks

I tried watching one or two episodes of Log Horizon but I found it didn't start as strong as SAO so I kind of lost interest. Does it get better as you go along?

I'd say so, yeah. Depends what you want from it, though. Action is pretty low outside of the first ard so far, and it's actually had a surprisingly political bent in the last arc.

Girls und Panzer
K-On! & K-On!!
Kokoro Connect
Lucky Star
Neon Genesis Evangelion
NHK ni Youkoso!
Sword Art Online

I would recommend Bokurano, which Madoka borrowed a lot of ideas from. It's essentially a mecha version of Madoka.

foxuzamaki

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Ars Nova Episode 11
Oh man, its getting so good, plus it ends on my favorite ending of this show, good fucking stuff, why did it have to be a 1 cour show :( does anyone know if this caught up with the manga or anything?

I'd say so, yeah. Depends what you want from it, though. Action is pretty low outside of the first ard so far, and it's actually had a surprisingly political bent in the last arc.

The whole concept of being trapped in an MMO intrigues me and how people would live their lives inside the virtual world compared to the real. Sounds like it could get more interesting, I'll give it another shot. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

foxuzamaki

Monogatari SS 8

LOL. So much. I just. Loli Hanekawa. Shinobu Hanekawa. The end of the world. Manages to save the girl with more ease than The TIme Machine had lead me to believe. This arc is either going to troll like nobody's business or it is going to get depressing as hell.

Keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom