• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyoukokun

There was one part which seemed weirdly fan-service though. firehawk mentioned the "data exchange" scene in the first OVA but here you have (possibly NSFW) a completely naked girl randomly showing up. She's watching a couple of the kid characters and they mention they haven't seen Misago for awhile. "Is she a robot person too?", "Don't know". "Why is she always naked?", "Don't know". They then carry on talking about other things. I'm assuming she's in the manga but did the staff know there wasn't going to be any more and it was just a favor to manga fans or was there originally going to be more and that was more just a tease of her character?

She is indeed in the manga. Mild spoilers ahoy:
It's never entirely clear what she is (though strongly hinted that she's a robot, since she appears not to age). She typically only allows herself to be seen by children.

Seconding LayLa here - definitely definitely go read the manga. And Isaki's Cub, too. To this day I remain sad that the manga never got picked up for US distribution; it's a classic.

Nafe

Santa is kind of like an ojou-sama. Just has to put his hand up to the side of his mouth during the whole "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

---

For me I instantly think Miyafuji in this case because she has a scene just like in that episode on the Strike Witches movie same line and delivery and everything. For your second question refer to:

I haven't seen Strike Witches yet. Have you happened to have played the scrolling shooter game? I think that was how I first found out about the series.

I somehow missed that, sorry. :(
Did you give Chet a choice or is there a particular fluffy tail show you had in mind?

I am also a huge sucker for the emotional points in Zelda games, like Wind Waker's ending or Zelda's confession in Skyward Sword.

As much as Nintendo's practices can seem dumb at times, I do still enjoy their games and the adventures you go on. Multiplayer can be fun but so many games are going multiplayer only or the single player is more just a glorified tutorial mode. If the game doesn't get popular then nobody is playing it just a few months later...

I prefer things like Zelda where you can explore these worlds and meet characters and just see what kind of stories the creators come up with.

As for your question mark I forgot to put down the original context. You were talking with KirbYayoi and said something like "Zelda fans just seem to like to complain". Caladrious took that statement and changed it more to "Video game fans just seem to like to complain." responding with "fixed". Seeing that just reminded me of the Halo thing as one of the stupid examples of video game fans complaining about things.

Hello again, pals! Did I miss any other birthday in the meantime?

I was just about to mention that I hadn't seen you for awhile. I was thinking you were either just taking a break or busy with other things such as work/school.

THE ART OF The Tale Of The Princess Kaguya was supposed to come out today (December, 20 in Japan). Saw that it was delayed. Panicked a little thinking on how all things related to this film are always delayed. Later saw that the new release date is December, 24. Felt immediately relieved. Not so bad after all:

Amazon.co.jp: ジ・アート・オブ かぐや姫の物語: 本
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4198100160/

Seeing such beautifully crafted art on each still, that even not in movement is so meritorious to achieve, must present this as one of the worthiest artbooks for an animated film... don't you think?
Yeah, that is me searching for the consolation of this being the only way of watching, having anything from this movie, for a long time to come.

I don't really have anything to add but I figured if I was quoting your post anyway I might as well leave this part just in case people missed it.

Last time I went to the thread there was constant bickering about something... I think it was scantly battle robes being too distracting, or distasteful, or something like that. Did that discussion calm down? I had enough at that time, and I'm too scared now to enter again!

Since I haven't since it yet, I came close to getting spoiled on Gurren Lagann a couple times when looking at the Kill la Kill thread so I've been avoiding it. I'll have to go back and read it after watching the show instead.

I also highly enjoyed skyward sword, twilight princess is still my favorite though, still stumps me on how people can downright hate TP

I don't really pay much attention to the Zelda fandom but it sounds like maybe because TP is similar to OoT? OoT was successful and they basically just wanted to somewhat change around something that worked or perhaps ride a bit on peoples nostalgia? That's how it comes across anyway.
It might not be my favorite but I still like the game so ultimately it's kind of "whatever" to me,haha.

Wind Waker is my favorite. The Hyrule reveal is the best moment in the series, I think. The Rito are my favorite race, too. All it is missing are my favorite items: The Roc's Cape and the Bow-wow.

I like all the Zelda games enough that ultimately any kind of ordering doesn't really matter to me. It's like giving a game a 9.7 compared to a 9.9 or something. My favorite character in Wind Waker might be the guy who runs the battleship type game though. "Sploosh...", "Kaboom!",haha.

I know nothing about Super Sonico but it just seems kind of funny hearing Sugita do the voice for this PV and what the show looks like.

Nice post! Obviously I can't put it in words as nicely as some, but I was pretty stunned by just how pretty these OVAs are. Normally when I constantly pause to take screenshots it's to capture lewd things, but in this case it was because everything looks so wonderful. It's more than likely never going to happen, but I'd love at least one full TV series of this eventually. Really gotta check out the manga it seems.

It's been a few days since I've seen it so I might have forgotten some more specific things. I'd like to watch them again anyway though.

Yeah, starting from a pretty early age I've liked and been interested in drawing so I don't mind works like this where there's not much dialogue or maybe a whole lot happening and you can just admire the art. It's definitely one of those kinds of shows where you could just make a bunch of wallpapers out of screen captures.

Not really related but since you like Strike Witches, have you played the scrolling shooter game? I was just wondering what you might have thought of it if you have.

Do it! The manga is even better than the OVAs imo.
The mangaka recently completed another series called Kabu no Isaki which is almost as good & has the same mood & gorgeous artwork.

Sounds like I'm definitely going to have to read it. :)
I just quickly looked up Kabu no Isaki's Wiki entry. Sounds like it could be interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

hOEaRha.jpg
7eTJl3T.jpg

Non Non Biyori 9

That blush.

Never going to let Natsumi live that down.

Her brother is amazing though.

Being Koma-chan has to be suffering. Least she's got Hotaru worrying for her and Konomi being such a considerate friend.

Nordicus

Yuushibu 10-12 (end)

From the beginning this looked like 2nd rate Hataraku Maou-sama, but now I'm starting to think it's 3rd rate. Why? When in Hataraku Maou-sama, picking a character that I dislike is as hard as picking a character I like in Yuushibu, there's quite frankly a huge gap in writing between the two. Seriously, while Fino is a gender-swapped moe'fied version of Maou, which should be great, even then, the actual Maou wearing a dress would have resulted in much much funnier and cuter scenes. Don't you dare say that you wouldn't watch that version of this show!

Watch the YT clips I guess.
This is about as big of a recommendation as I could ever give this show.

Even then, I'd have no idea which clips you should watch since there's not really a single scene in this series I'd like to re-watch. Maybe the fight where Elza and Boss fight using superpowered household appliances?

I guess it was a non-terrible ending. The whole cramming in of a 'serious' story in the last two episodes kind of bothered me though, just as it did with Outbreak Company.
I've grown to expect it whenever watching romantic ecchi comedies, personally. 1 episode of plot, X number of episodes faffing about, 1-3 episodes of DUHRAMA. I'm not happy about it at all, but it's stopped surprising me.

Not that the stories were bad in concept...in fact those kinds of stories were VERY obvious right from the premise. They just felt kind of shabbily treated in a way.

Though I guess if those stories were treated more seriously, that would ripple right through the shows and make them not comedies anymore.
Though when we've got "seriously taken story vs sub-par comedy", I wouldn't mind at all if the former got more attention in the writing. But that's rarely if ever going to happen

Bombless

I'll be doing a Arpeggio of Blue Steel rewatch this weekend to be fully charged for the monday episode.

Sad for it to end but looking forward to dat finale.

Speculation :
The American Fog Fleet is here to kill Kongou, Gunzou will end up rescueing her.

Cry havoc and let loose the corrosive torpedoes!

Yuushibu

That was actually a pretty good finale for this series. I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout.
This series was pretty weird in that it had one character basically pulling everything and it certainly showed the last couple of episodes delivered on some good action and comedy that you can sort of forgive its failings though I'd still be reluctant to recommend it to anyone.
Watch the YT clips I guess.

Why did I get images of some blonde girls tits and underwear when I googled this. You have much explaining to do.

I'll be doing a Arpeggio of Blue Steel rewatch this weekend to be fully charged for the monday episode.

I would too, but I have the Last Exile Fam blu-rays sitting here, along with Summer Wars.

Speculation :
The American Fog Fleet is here to kill Kongou, Gunzou will end up rescueing her.

Of course. This is a
harem anime, and girls are like pokemon in these shows. None of it matters unless the main character gets the whole set.

It's been a few days since I've seen it so I might have forgotten some more specific things. I'd like to watch them again anyway though.

Yeah, starting from a pretty early age I've liked and been interested in drawing so I don't mind works like this where there's not much dialogue or maybe a whole lot happening and you can just admire the art. It's definitely one of those kinds of shows where you could just make a bunch of wallpapers out of screen captures.

Not really related but since you like Strike Witches, have you played the scrolling shooter game? I was just wondering what you might have thought of it if you have.

I haven't played any of the Strike Witches games since it'd be either a pain in the butt to import and/or some of the games like visual novel for the DS (which is actually in my avatar!) would be incomprehensible to someone like myself who knows nothing about reading Japanese. I think this browser (or was it Android?) game came out recently too. They seemed decent enough though I'm probably not going to have a chance at playing them.

Why did I get images of some blonde girls tits and underwear when I googled this. You have much explaining to do.
I'm not sure what warrants an explanation.

Yuushibu 10-12 (end)

Seriously, while Fino is a gender-swapped moe'fied version of Maou, which should be great, even then, the actual Maou wearing a dress would have resulted in much much funnier and cuter scenes. Don't you dare say that you wouldn't watch that version of this show!

Not sure if I want pictures.

Jintor

Anyone have good ideas about how to sell off this giant box of anime DVDs and blurays I have that I don't want anymore? (I really need the storage space)

I ebayed one or two but the process is pretty annoying. I was thinking of basically advertising on my former anime club's facebok wall but I'm pretty sure they just pirate all their anime anyway...

cajunator

Banned
Wind Waker is my favorite. The Hyrule reveal is the best moment in the series, I think. The Rito are my favorite race, too. All it is missing are my favorite items: The Roc's Cape and the Bow-wow.

Wind Waker is definitely in my top 3 Zeldas. Musically and aesthetically for me its the very top. Especially the HD one.

Yu-Sibu
A Better Deal

Though conceptually similar to Hataraku Maou-sama!, this series was announced before but aired after, and the thing is... I think I may like it more than Hataraku. My reasons are a few.

The first is because it takes place inside the magical world, and one going through a cultural and industrial revolution at that. While a fish out of water story has its appeal, focusing on a world that's like, but not like our own has its merits, one that I felt was one of this series' strengths. While this means the world ended up looking a lot like modern Tokyo, that's a product of where the LN was created. The idea of a magical world that's not in crisis but still has a booming economy is interesting, pulling it closer to Maoyu (which I have not seen, but want to), while Hataraku holds onto its state of war.

Another is the focus on female characters, and all the fanservice that came with them. Some would call this a negative, but for me, these are things I'm almost always looking for in my anime. Everybody had the proportions of Chiho, and the animation to emphasize those proportions, and it was amazing. I love the characters for more than their boobs, though. Fino was a great character, partially because she has Aoi from Aikatsu!'s voice, and because of her situation.

I can compare Fino to someone from The Addams Family. Her upbringing wasn't what one would call normal, and she certainly has a very different set of cultural values, but she still loves family, making friends and feeling good about her work... even if that work involves making deathtraps. As Fino was the crux of this show, I believe she had a strong enough character to pull it off. The rest of the surrounding cast was also great, with Lore being a good example of the cool type, coupled with that down and dirty worksmanship that I can appreciate in a girl.

Another difference between Hataraku and this is how it focused on the job. While Maou and Chiho and the gang certainly held down jobs, all of the things that pushed the plot forward came from the magic world outside their jobs. In Yu-Sibu, almost all of the things that set the story in motion came from the inner workings of the job itself. The same kinda thing that makes Karino Takatsu's works so appealing (including the focus on the boobs.)

The final arc was the only time the show really got into the magical war stuff, but here it was presented more as an anomaly instead of the status quo - a post-(magic) war world. I can really appreciate that. The way the show tackled things like big box stores was interesting, too. The voice cast of newbies did a good job, and, as is often the case, made it somewhat easier for me to focus on the characters.

The OP was really catchy, and I love the dance associated with it. The ED by Sphere is also pretty nice. Sphere themselves making a few appearances in the show was probably something brought about by Lantis, but it wasn't quite as invasive as Afilia Saga over in NouCome, and if it means Tomatsu and the gang get to appear in an anime as themselves, hey, no argument here.

Final Thoughts: The fantasy work comedy that I actually ended up enjoying better than Hataraku Maou-sama. Boobs, fanservice, idol plugs and all, it had a unique world setup and a nice bit of workplace comedy. This show can make figuring out magical electrical wiring into a good drama piece, and the cast is all pretty lovable, even with oddities like the pervy old man. Not my favorite of the season, but it's very close to the top.

I really love this series. I like that it still takes place in the magic realm and how that ties in with their economy and way of life.
its not simply set on Earth and gives the show a more exciting feel.
Fino is completely and utterly adorable. Love her so much. The competition between the small store and the huge chain conglomerate is a fun dynamic.

Viz's Ranma 1/2 BD set one (3/25/2014)
tumblr_my4fd5Ne3u1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

I might have to get this. Ive got the entire series on dvd and it takes up a looooooot of space.

Kyousougiga - 10 [end]
Kyousougiga%20-%2010.jpg

Very good casting
I certainly had my scares when i was watching this episode but in the end , every bad path it could have taken has been carefully avoided .
Kyousougiga told a well uneven story , but it was entertaining because the cast was unique , the setting was unique and the theme used ( familly ) hasn't been aborded like this in anime since ages.

I finish this anime with a nice sense of fullfillment and a good mood , something that kyoukai no kanata failed to do so , despite having infinite superior animation and budget.

A solid 8/10 anime.

Andrew J.

First off, I'll say that the show has completely betrayed all my expectations of it many times now. I've had theories and ideas about where the show was going and what sort of story it's been trying to tell, and I've been wrong every single time. But in spite of that, I'm not annoyed or disappointed, because every week the show is really enjoyable for me.

I think there's a lot in common between Samurai Flamenco's narrative flow and Edgar Wright's comedies or an even better example would be Cabin in the Woods. It's the show which promises certain things in a misleading way, turns out to be something you don't quite expect, and then escalates it more and more in really ridiculous ways, while keeping everyone in character.

These parts here make it sound like Homestuck. In related news, I think you just sold me on the show.

Theonik

I haven't seen Strike Witches yet. Have you happened to have played the scrolling shooter game? I think that was how I first found out about the series.

Did you give Chet a choice or is there a particular fluffy tail show you had in mind?
I haven't played any Strike Witched games no. Maybe I should I don't know.
Also Strike Witches of course!

Yuushibu 10-12 (end)
Even then, I'd have no idea which clips you should watch since there's not really a single scene in this series I'd like to re-watch. Maybe the fight where Elza and Boss fight using superpowered household appliances?
The house appliances is one yes. Maybe a Fino laughing compilation and this. That's about it though

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

cnet128

Banned
Outbreak Company 12 END

Another series comes to a satisfying sort of end. The "drama" in this show's final two episodes was nothing super-special, but it resulted in some nice little "hells yeah" moments and never felt like it compromised the series' overall tone. I think it was the best way to wrap this series up. And of course, I certainly wouldn't be averse to a second season of this if it should happen to materialise at some point.

Final thoughts: Musel best waifu, Elbia best mofumofu, Petralca best Petralca.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Santa is kind of like an ojou-sama. Just has to put his hand up to the side of his mouth during the whole "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

---

As much as Nintendo's practices can seem dumb at times, I do still enjoy their games and the adventures you go on. Multiplayer can be fun but so many games are going multiplayer only or the single player is more just a glorified tutorial mode. If the game doesn't get popular then nobody is playing it just a few months later...

I prefer things like Zelda where you can explore these worlds and meet characters and just see what kind of stories the creators come up with.

As for your question mark I forgot to put down the original context. You were talking with KirbYayoi and said something like "Zelda fans just seem to like to complain". Caladrious took that statement and changed it more to "Video game fans just seem to like to complain." responding with "fixed". Seeing that just reminded me of the Halo thing as one of the stupid examples of video game fans complaining about things.

I was just about to mention that I hadn't seen you for awhile. I was thinking you were either just taking a break or busy with other things such as work/school.

I don't really have anything to add but I figured if I was quoting your post anyway I might as well leave this part just in case people missed it.

Since I haven't since it yet, I came close to getting spoiled on Gurren Lagann a couple times when looking at the Kill la Kill thread so I've been avoiding it. I'll have to go back and read it after watching the show instead.

I don't really pay much attention to the Zelda fandom but it sounds like maybe because TP is similar to OoT? OoT was successful and they basically just wanted to somewhat change around something that worked or perhaps ride a bit on peoples nostalgia? That's how it comes across anyway.
It might not be my favorite but I still like the game so ultimately it's kind of "whatever" to me,haha.

I like all the Zelda games enough that ultimately any kind of ordering doesn't really matter to me. It's like giving a game a 9.7 compared to a 9.9 or something. My favorite character in Wind Waker might be the guy who runs the battleship type game though. "Sploosh...", "Kaboom!",haha.

I know nothing about Super Sonico but it just seems kind of funny hearing Sugita do the voice for this PV and what the show looks like.

Sounds like I'm definitely going to have to read it. :)
I just quickly looked up Kabu no Isaki's Wiki entry. Sounds like it could be interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

twilight princess came about like this: "wtf is this? cartoon kiddie zelda, we hate this, bring us a zelda like ocarina of time, thats what it should be lke, man OoT was the last great zelda, we really wanted something like that again, not this celda crap" after TP comes out:"why is this like ocarina of time? this game sucks, it should have been more original, like windwaker! Oh btw we love that game now but this feels too familiar(even though if you actually play it, it doesnt have that many similarities to OoT and has its own story thats nothing like it) I'm also like that with zelda games, I like them all and when having to choose favorites its like choosing a 9.7 to a 9.9 and stuff.

Logo_Hunter_x_Hunter.svg

Episodes 31-40 - Two and a half Nen.

640px-Gon_killua_Zushi.png

Y'know, that title of mine kind of makes sense considering the events of this arc.

So the main purpose of this arc was basically to train Gon and Killua to get their trademark Shounen abilities and to demonstrate how they worked to the audience. It was also nice how they semi-introduced the Phantom Troupe they’ve been mentioning all this time. Damn show threw me for a loop making me think Hisoka was one of them, then being all lolnope they’re just another target.

I was actually relieved when they showed that Hisoka wasn’t a member. It makes him a unique character as opposed to someone’s minion.

I almost laughed when it turned out that a video game is becoming a central plot device as to finding Gon’s Dad, who sounds like a total ass. “Yeah I don’t want to see you son, so if you want to see me good freaking luck.” Oh and I’ll bet anything that Gon not hearing any info about his mom is gonna backfire on him one way or another.

But seriously though, the majority of episode 39 was Gon and Killua trying to find out more about a long-lost video game. I never thought I’d see that happen in a fantasy adventure show of all things. Then they show that Killua’s other brother is a major otaku. Pfft, this guy’s going to recreate an entire game from a save file on a memory card? I can only imagine the chaos that would happen if that was actually possible.
tumblr_lum5781PIG1qbemnz.jpg

Ahh...the Joystation 1.
When the Starting Reality franchise wasn't tainted with Thunder.

Ah, good to see Kurapika getting some more screen time after being absent for a while (not counting that appearance when he learned about Nen). Second favourite character next to Killua.

So, we’re finally at Yorknew City! (LOL) Can’t wait to see these Phantom Troupe guys in action. I can’t believe I actually plowed through 40 episodes of this show in a week.

NEEEEEENNNN

foxuzamaki

Logo_Hunter_x_Hunter.svg

So the main purpose of this arc was basically to train Gon and Killua to get their trademark Shounen abilities and to demonstrate how they worked to the audience. It was also nice how they semi-introduced the Phantom Troupe they’ve been mentioning all this time. Damn show threw me for a loop making me think Hisoka was one of them, then being all lolnope they’re just another target.

I was actually relieved when they showed that Hisoka wasn’t a member. It makes him a unique character as opposed to someone’s minion.

I almost laughed when it turned out that a video game is becoming a central plot device as to finding Gon’s Dad, who sounds like a total ass. “Yeah I don’t want to see you son, so if you want to see me good freaking luck.” Oh and I’ll bet anything that Gon not hearing any info about his mom is gonna backfire on him one way or another.

But seriously though, the majority of episode 39 was Gon and Killua trying to find out more about a long-lost video game. I never thought I’d see that happen in a fantasy adventure show of all things. Then they show that Killua’s other brother is a major otaku. Pfft, this guy’s going to recreate an entire game from a save file on a memory card? I can only imagine the chaos that would happen if that was actually possible.

Ah, good to see Kurapika getting some more screen time after being absent for a while (not counting that appearance when he learned about Nen). Second favourite character next to Killua.

So, we’re finally at Yorknew City! (LOL) Can’t wait to see these Phantom Troupe guys in action. I can’t believe I actually plowed through 40 episodes of this show in a week.

NEEEEEENNNN

Well technically Hisoka is a member, but he's only a member until he gets what he wants, you'll find that out later.

Theonik

Mobile Police Patlabor: Early Days 01
A very decent opener with some organic character introductions and good humour.
The Alphonse stuff was hilarious as was the 'rocket punch'
An unrelated complaint was that who-ever did this BD release decided it was a good idea to use yellow subtitles that covered 25% of the screen.
They also have some very weird ideas about subbing the OP/ED. What the hell.

twilight princess came about like this: "wtf is this? cartoon kiddie zelda, we hate this, bring us a zelda like ocarina of time, thats what it should be lke, man OoT was the last great zelda, we really wanted something like that again, not this celda crap" after TP comes out:"why is this like ocarina of time? this game sucks, it should have been more original, like windwaker! Oh btw we love that game now but this feels too familiar(even though if you actually play it, it doesnt have that many similarities to OoT and has its own story thats nothing like it) I'm also like that with zelda games, I like them all and when having to choose favorites its like choosing a 9.7 to a 9.9 and stuff.

That's one way to put it I guess.

Dokidoki precure 44

If SDBurton watches dokidoki precure 44 one day , he will have a heart attack.
DokiDoki%21.Precure.44.jpg

I don't blame you for thinking that
Ah Regina , your plan was actually good... The thing is , Mana actually recruited capable people in her harem ( and you're on it too , that's official now) so the result is not that much unexpected , it's just great that it went that way.

As for the confession , this was magnificent , regina red face afterwards was trully excellent . Same for her act just after ...

So now , it's finally time for the end game,, the finale is near and we have the return of blue eyed regina and a very nice preview that will hopefully deliver since we have the final duel between regina and cure Ace i dunno what truth this crown will tell us , but i really don't think the writter will be able to make something worthwhile that we haven't found out already

foxuzamaki

Sad for it to end but looking forward to dat finale.

Speculation :

A bunch of american fog fleet show up and they mysteriously are named after states? I feel this is a setup to a season 2 and we're gonna get introduced to a bunch of mental models

A bunch of american fog fleet show up and they mysteriously are named after states? I feel this is a setup to a season 2 and we're gonna get introduced to a bunch of mental models

Impossible to know if those new ships have mental models in them ..would be quite intresting if they do .....

Mobile Police Patlabor: Early Days 01

An unrelated complaint was that who-ever did this BD release decided it was a good idea to use yellow subtitles that covered 25% of the screen.

As I've been watching Yamato 2199, I've actually been longing a bit for yellow subtitles, as ugly as they are. White subtitles can be nearly impossible to make out sometimes when they're against a very light background.

Theonik

As I've been watching Yamato 2199, I've actually been longing a bit for yellow subtitles, as ugly as they are. White subtitles can be nearly impossible to make out sometimes when they're against a very light background.
That's why you do white(ish) subtitles with a thin dark outline. I should have mentioned they also used a font not optimised for HD rendering thus it was pixely AND yellow.

That's why you do white subtitles with a thin dark outline.

It has a thin dark outline and it still doesn't help! At least not if you're sitting any distance away from the TV screen. Got to be a moderately thick dark outline, at least.

I should have mentioned they also used a font not optimised for HD rendering thus it was pixely AND yellow.

Yeah, well, that's Sentai for you.

3mxaAch.jpg
u5x3N9Y.jpg

Hime, Hime~

Yowamushi Pedal 9

HE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frnXxyM.gif

Race to the top was just fantastic. Actually stood up and cheered once Onoda crossed that line first.

Can't wait to see how he improves so he can ride alongside Naruko and Imaizumi again.

Reaction shots from inside the van were great. Captain had the best one of all once he removed those glasses and Miki holding his hand was absolutely sweet.

Bombless

I'm pretty sure those are US vessel class names from the 2nd world war, just like the japanese Fog fleet.
And I definitely hope for a season 2!

MVM actually in this case. (UK set) Also I don't think Sentai did the US one either and I don't know how that faired.

The US release (which I own) was published by Maiden Japan, which is another label of Sentai's parent company, Section23. MVM sub-licenses US releases for the UK market, so they would have just used Maiden Japan's version.

AReed

Added some new shows to my crunchyroll queue now that I'm done with finals.

Xamd Lost Memories
Rurouni Kenshin
Space Brothers
Monogatari
Samurai Flamenco

Logo_Hunter_x_Hunter.svg

Is it just me or did you also think that kid's nen teacher was some weird pedo or someone with evil intentions? He seemed super shady.

Golden time - 12

"We're doing the right thing banri "

Best line out of this episode , no contest .

I want to say to banri , that telling the truth was probably the best move , but damn if this wasn't risky that was such a minefield even a second to pause could have meant "death"... Even then congarts , you're still in the game after this ordeal , with better stats too !!

I have to say that koko
actually finding the party was
probably the best moment of this episode , it was a sh*t has hit the fan moment that only those kind of drama can provide.. Regardless i have to say that despite the fact that i dislike Linda ( regarding this whole mess ) her attitude at the end was pretty good ... koko is without a doubt the best girl , her cries were genuine on screen and i can't help but think that she did the right thing

This was an excellent episode.

Ps: ghost banri CAN DIE IN HEAVEN for all i care , disapear vile creature !

cnet128

Banned

I'm not particularly in-touch with the prevailing opinions about Twilight Princess's failings, but the ones that come to mind for me are:

• Ganon coming out of nowhere. I have no problem with Ganon taking over the plot in principle, but it didn't feel very well earned, didn't lead to anything story-wise, and the story felt more interesting when Zant seemed like a legitimate threat. Overall I didn't feel the game's story was very strong outside of the character of Midna.
  • The overworld, while impressively expansive, felt largely pointless. Aside from the few set pieces that took place in the big field areas, there was rarely any reason for the player to actually go out and traverse them, and there were barely any interesting secrets hidden out there to reward exploration.
  • Twilight Princess was the main originator of the "my god will this introductory tutorial section ever end" trope that people like to point to as everything that's wrong with modern Zelda. Personally this never really bothered me, but I know a lot of people haaaaate it.
  • On a related note, I believe a lot of people detested the mandatory wolfy item-hunt sections that accompanied the introduction to each new area (which also never bothered me, but hey, I liked the Tadtones in Skyward Sword too and EVERYONE seems to hate those, so maybe I just have an item-collecting fetish).
  • The dungeon items were largely useless outside of their specific dungeons. This is a problem to a greater or lesser extent with a number of Zelda games, but it definitely feels most prominent in TP, particularly since TP introduced some really cool new dungeon items and the coolest ones suffered from this the most (most notably, of course, the Spinner).
Despite feeling that at least some of these are legitimate issues, I still really like Twilight Princess and think it's a very strong Zelda game in general which did more than enough things very right to make up for all this many times over. It was certainly inspired by Ocarina of Time's style and the fan love for it, but it feels very much like its own beast (er, no wolf pun intended) to the point where I don't really associate the two.

wait why are we discussing Zelda in the anime thread again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom