• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I completed Hajime no Ippo (the early 2000 series, I plan to watch the new season at a later point), so I have been searching for new anime to watch. I decided to jump back into some older anime, once I complete my watch of Hyuoka.

Right now I am targeting two series, Legend of the Galactic Heroes (this will be watch, no matter what), and Sailor Moon. My question is for the latter. Is it truly worth watching? I barely watched it when it was on the air a decade back. I also plan to watch it in its original version (so no craptastic dub).

Time of Eve

Fantastic film. I want to know if there are any plans in creating a sequel?

Im pretty sure there was a kickstarter or something. I might be mistaken though.

duckroll

I see, thanks for the answer. Was aware he has worked at TRIGGER Inc., (we precisely talked about this, remember?), what I was thinking is if he could have been a USPI producer acting as a external producer on the project for Purple Cow Studio, you know.

So, what do you think? Is there no main studio involved or it simply hasn't been disclosed yet? A collaborative effort between studios inside the holding perhaps?

I have no idea. At one point the theory was that USP might have absorbed Purple Cow Studio. That's not the case, instead it looks like they absorbed their staff, and left the actual studio to rot. So who knows what's going to happen after Anime Mirai. Maybe they'll all just stay with Trigger, or they'll form a new studio within the USP brand.

I actually wish Koyama was the art director as he's knocking it out of the park in Kill La Kill.

Koyama isn't the art director in the way you're thinking. The art director of Kill la Kill is Yuji Kaneko, the same guy who did LWA. The art director is generally in charge of background design and direction. The "art director" credit for Koyama in Kill la Kill in katakana clearly refers to something else. In the English credits on Aniplex's site it says "Creative Director". I think he probably does illustrations and some concept art instead.

Strike the Blood 12

Playing the full ending song made it worthwhile but the final two minutes was like they realized they had to make up for the lack of any harem moments in the action moment so they went all out with throwing everything involving misunderstanding at once. Incredibly...dull.

goyj7Zi.jpg
PkfNyjQ.jpg

Strike the Blood 12

+1 harem member.

Folia scene was the only good thing, in an otherwise bad episode.

Mature

Captain Earth

Staff:

Director: Takuya Igarashi
Series Composition: Yoji Enokido
Original Character Design: Fumi Minato
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Satoshi Ishino
Engine Series Design/Main Design Works: Shigeto Koyama
Machine Good Fellow Design/Mechanic Design: Takayuki Yanase
Mechanic Design: Shinji Aramaki, Takeshi Takakura
Quilt Gang Design: Masaki Asai, Takeshi Yoshioka
Concept Design: okama
Graphic Design: Tsuyoshi Kusano
Design Works: Masatsugu Saito
Effects Director: Yasushi Muraki
Art Director: Masaru Yanaka, Koji Eto
Art Design: Takeshi Takahashi

Assistant Director: Yoshiyuki Asai
Music: MONACA/Satoru Kosaki
Animation Production: BONES
So this is Star Driver part 2 isn't it...

You've burned me enough BONES!

Gazoinks

DATABASE Log Horizon 12

I'll echo what Shard said about people watching this needing to power through the first four episodes. After that (which weren't bad or anything), this show has turned enormously enjoyable. I like both sides of the story in this one. The politics are engaging as usual, and the battles, while the noobs are less interesting characters, are cool because of the teamwork and MMO elements the employ.

LordCanti

Monogatari 25

So good.gif

Dat
baby-face Kaiki turn
, dat
Nadeko not buying it
, dat
Gahara-san flirting.

He's basically her version of
Hanekawa; She owes him a lot, but she'd never love him. I'm not sure if she knows that or not.

Oh and...yeah...
Nisemonoshino

There better be an episode next week ><

Log Horizon 12

M8kDtNHl.jpg

Interesting politics on one hand and how MMO parties self destruct in the other. Just without all the flaming and other stuff that happens afterwards.

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children)
Thank you to zeroshiki for the suggestion. The story was so heartfelt and touching I couldn't help but cry a bit at the end. The journey through motherhood to raise "different", to say the least, children and their growth to find their own ways in life was beautifully told. This movie was absolutely fantastic and highly recommend it.

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children)
Thank you to zeroshiki for the suggestion. The story was so heartfelt and touching I couldn't help but cry a bit at the end. The journey through motherhood to raise "different", to say the least, children and their growth to find their own ways in life was beautifully told. This movie was absolutely fantastic and highly recommend it.

You poor soul. If only you'd seen the truth as presented by ANN and realized that nobody could have possibly made a good story out of this because they've never had the perspective of being able to turn into a wolf. :(

(It's a great movie, definitely among my favorites in the past few years)

Log Horizon 12
tumblr_my687i6X5Z1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Wow Log Horizon is definitely starting to stand on its own as an actually intriguing trapped in a game type series. The writing and action gets so strong and intense when it focuses on the Tohya team and has been one of the few moments so far in this anime where I actually stayed focused constantly and consistently. This small crew going into the dungeon, using their abilities, which are quite good in design, and just the feelings of the suspense of it all. If we can get more like it and more Rudy Tohya antics even.

Theonik

Ojamajo Doremi &#9839; 11
I kinda feel sorry for Hadzuki. Her mom means well but she's suffocating her.
And it seems like she's on her mom's footsteps too.

Gazoinks

White Album 2 12

I miss when Haruki was a cool, likable protagonist.
It's all downhill since he had a girl who had a crush on him sing a love song for another girl.

So yeah this episode was sad, but it was tempered by the fact that I kind of don't want Haruki to end up with either girl at this point, considering the second half of the series has basically been him betraying them over and over.
This especially killed the impact of the last scene. Oh great tearful admittance of love, kissing all very nice. Hey, remember your girlfriend you ran out on and ignored the calls of to go after Kazusa? No? Cool.
Forever alone ending for Haruki friendship ending for the girls pls.

I blame cosmicblizzard for that! Too much of his contagious and evangelical enthusiasm towards both series can make people being not very careful with the spoilers in the spur of the hot-blooded moment! :p

Sorry :(

To be fair, I was purely in the no spoiler camp when it came to comparing the two shows. I love TTGL too much to want to see it spoiled for people. Others thought it was past the "no spoiler date" though.

jman2050

Monogatari S2 25 (Koi 5)

WHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

I'm torn between whether Kaiki legit screwed up or if this was part of the plan anyway. Regardless, WHELLLLLLLP

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 37
tumblr_my6ao7hBfo1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_my6ao7hBfo1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Perhaps one of the best sports episodes in an anime this year. Such creative positioning of products and just plain fun all around. Koga and Izuki moment was the real highlight as well as
Aomine offering up the challenge. I thought his match would actually come later. Its going to be painful to see if he loses somehow, but Kagamis powerup in america might be worthwhile

I hope theres a future episode with all of the GoM in a spring of sorts.
And hyped for Akashi.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 12

First half of the episode is comedy and we find out who Seirin will be playing in the first round of the Winter Cup.
That will be Aomine and his school.

Rest of the episode was dedicated to training.

Next week though we finally get to see Akashi. His appearance will be special.

Quasar

Log Horizon 12 - sigh - and this is where my Shiroe/Henrietta shipping started. Also..poor Akatsuki. The training dungeon thing actually worked better for me seeing it visually than as prose.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Captain Earth

Staff:

Director: Takuya Igarashi
Series Composition: Yoji Enokido
Original Character Design: Fumi Minato
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Satoshi Ishino
Engine Series Design/Main Design Works: Shigeto Koyama
Machine Good Fellow Design/Mechanic Design: Takayuki Yanase
Mechanic Design: Shinji Aramaki, Takeshi Takakura
Quilt Gang Design: Masaki Asai, Takeshi Yoshioka
Concept Design: okama
Graphic Design: Tsuyoshi Kusano
Design Works: Masatsugu Saito
Effects Director: Yasushi Muraki
Art Director: Masaru Yanaka, Koji Eto
Art Design: Takeshi Takahashi

Assistant Director: Yoshiyuki Asai
Music: MONACA/Satoru Kosaki
Animation Production: BONES

I shall watch this..

And then drop it after it eventually get's BONE'D :(

Little Busters! Refrain Episode 12

Surprised they animated such a bus scene, I watched it three times, felt bad for the dude that seemed to go from the back of the bus to the front and through the windshield, what even.
. Second half was rather dull while everything largely felt like they could have ended things with this episode combined with whatever is in the next episode.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 12

Shit went down just as expected, though it was impressive that
Kouko managed to show up at SUCH an incriminating moment
. Props to Kouko and Banri for resolving the situation in such a mature and reasonable (if DRAMAtastic) manner. Good to see them
finally getting everything they'd been hiding out in the open and using this crisis to push their relationship forward instead of hinder it. Heck, in the end Kouko didn't even blame him for lying to her!

So that leaves
Linda as the only liar around here. And though I feel bad saying this because I still quite like her, quite honestly she can go fuck herself at this point because she can't compete with Kouko on any level and she's only being an idiot denying her patently obvious feelings.

What I can't say I'm exactly looking forward to is seeing Ghost Banri's next move now that
his new self has promised Kouko AND Linda that he'll essentially kill the guy off, and even Linda is doing everything in her power to screw him over.
Somehow I don't think he's going to just go away that easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom