• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Ponpo gets an anime before I even do, ;-;.

Haven't you had a couple?

u2jd07F.jpg

boyteHPl.jpg

Also a genre focusing on male relationships?

Jex

[Monogatari Series S2] - 25

Oh snap!
Kaiki revelations! Snake Gods who aren't easily deceived! And long phone calls!

Between the Tiger Arc, the Nadeko Arc and this Kaiki arc Monogatari S2 has almost redeemed itself after the extremely turgid and creepy Nisemonogatari. Of course, Monogatari S2 also features lots of little girls and fanservice so, really, that's still dragging the series down quite a bit.

Then again, saying that, one of the most prominent features of this arc is that there's practically zero fanservice which is kind of crazy for this series. I guess that's just going to be the case based on the lead narrator but it's still rather refreshing.

What I'm trying to say is that, this series is the most "legit" that a -monogatari show has been since Bakemonogatari (except that the direction isn't really as good) and that was not something I was expecting considering how hugely disappointing Nisemonogatari was.

Branduil

Hobitto ryū ni ubawa reta ōkoku

Balin is the best dwarfu. Smaug is the best dragon. Also, so much NTR. I can already foresee a really great .gif from one scene.

Narag

Hobitto ryū ni ubawa reta ōkoku

Balin is the best dwarfu. Smaug is the best dragon. Also, so much NTR. I can already foresee a really great .gif from one scene.

Would have thought far more poorly of the movie if Ken Stott and Martin Freeman weren't so good in their roles.

Theonik

Wanda to daiya to yasashī yatsura
This was pretty hilarious. Thanks to who-ever it was on IRC when we were talking about comedies that mentioned it.
Some fantastic performances and absolutely beautiful writing.

*been removed*

17rMWed.jpg
Lasted long enough for me to watch it I guess.

cnet128

Banned

Oh my god the main character and pink Ojimajo (Yoshikawa Satoshi / Innovation President) is voiced by Nakata Jouji. This is incredible.

Rest of the cast:

Seki Toshihiko as Iida Shuntarou / Sunshine Windowside (Yellow)
Namikawa Daisuke as Soejima Ryouta / Catharsis Mid-Career-Recruit (Blue)
Nakai Kazuya as Katada Naosuke / Global Sales-Manager (Green)
Matsumoto Yasunori as Inoue Haruka / Venture Inoue (Purple)
And Ishida Akira as a cat named Elizabeth.

Anime WHEN.

cajunator

Banned
Oh my god the main character and pink Ojimajo (Yoshikawa Satoshi / Innovation President) is voiced by Nakata Jouji. This is incredible.

Rest of the cast:

Anime WHEN.

Thats just....what

Jarmel

Banned
Koyama isn't the art director in the way you're thinking. The art director of Kill la Kill is Yuji Kaneko, the same guy who did LWA. The art director is generally in charge of background design and direction. The "art director" credit for Koyama in Kill la Kill in katakana clearly refers to something else. In the English credits on Aniplex's site it says "Creative Director". I think he probably does illustrations and some concept art instead.

Ah alright, thanks. Still the staff list seems pretty decent. The key is really going to be the writing though, as always I guess. I wonder if Enokido acknowledged that something went wrong with Star Driver. Probably not.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hello All,
I have a Space Bros. related question:

Is Hibito a pedophile?

That is all and thank you in advance for your informative answers.

Gazoinks

Rest of the cast:

Anime WHEN.

Pre-emptive eventual anime of the year!

Make it so, Japan.

DokiDoki Precure 45 Preliminary commentary

So yes a theory was proven right. Max Hearting confirmed. Regina for Darkness, Ace for Light of Ange. Yet Regina was rather loving, yet Aguri was a super bitch,.

Ange was never there. The popsicle was a lie.

Aguri certainly felt like super bitch here. Making people cry just because she cried.

Makopi literally cried out for Mana when she was helpless as fuck. And looks like KJ is coming out of his shell.

Strangely enjoyable outside of that.

Midonin

Doki Dokingdom Hearts 45

The writers have been hiding their plot twists in plain sight all year, and threw us just enough curveballs in order to hide their tracks. The final magical doodad not only makes an appearance, but shakes up the plot something fierce. Let's see what we learned this week.
The imprismed Queen was a lie. Ace is free from her time limit. Regina is the darkness of the Queen's heart. So those who were saying that the Queen is Ace and Regina is Ace are both, in a way, technically right. The Trump Kingdomers major role here mean that Mana and friends don't have much to do, but I don't care. We got PLOT. And left off on a pretty major cliffhanger.

The battle was super exciting, too. Regina vs Ace, each using their full strength, with all Makopi being able to do is watch as her world comes shattering down. This is legit exciting stuff. And the new year is basically going to begin with a long flashback that explains everything.

I love endgame season.

I wish DokiDoki actually stayed more consistent with its first 7 episodes and what we're getting now, but eh. Having good third cours is rather uncommon for Precure.

KirbYayoi: Sounds illuminating.

Indeed. Although last episode and this one pretty much tells me they cannot be sucking Mana's dick harder.

Either way, I still dislike Aguri... even moreso.

10 year old lolicures seem to be the worst thing to happen to Precure, because they represent a major decline in the show.

Theonik

Indeed. Although last episode and this one pretty much tells me they cannot be sucking Mana's dick harder.

Either way, I still dislike Aguri... even moreso.

10 year old lolicures seem to be the worst thing to happen to Precure, because they represent a major decline in the show.
Reboot that shit. Give it to the people responsible for the Mana harem and aikatsu. Save HaCha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom