• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
FF12 was fucking garbage. 2nd half of the game was just straight up trash.

Can't wait for the FFX / X2 HD to hit the states, X2 was the last good FF game, stateside anyway.

(not counting Dissidia which is also awesome)

Quasar

And into season 2 of Natsume's Book of Friends I dive. Simply adore this show. Though with every episode I burn through
i feel a sense of regret that it will be over soon. Kind of wish I could hold back so it lasted longer.

CorvoSol

Cartridge since the PSN store is region locked. Unless you want to tie your account to the Japanese store then by all means (SRW Z3 is digital only on Vita)

Oh gosh I really don't know how I'm going to play Z3 and that kills me. But yeah, I bought the cartridge. Hopefully it arrives while I'm still at home, considering the shipping I paid and all. Then again I'm STILL waiting on my gunpla to get here.

Thinking back I spent way too much on myself this year, so there's my resolution: less personal purchases.

CorvoSol

Welcome to the club!

I was gifted Tearaway, after some clever delayed purchase ideas planted from my cousin's comments.

I got the Walking Dead Bundle, so I have TWD, Retro City Rampage, Sly 4, Uncharted, and I bought Gundam Breaker, P4G, and UMvC3. So I'm stacked on that front. Really I think I'm good on games for basically all of next year at this point.

Monogatari SS 13

"So you're an airhead and you're quiet. Do you know what they call people like you, here in Japan?"
"E-Evil?"
"Enchanting."

Hoooooooooooooooooo snap. Shinobu with the scathing burn of somebody right there. Good grief. Girl spends the last five minutes of the episode just tearing Nadeko a new one full stop. And I'm not sure if it is undeserved or not, since Nadeko is literally so stupid she agreed to help out a serpent without any sort of actual contract. She's helping out a snake that is like Kyubey, Satan and the Basilisk from Harry Potter all in one convenient container. It's sort of hard to tell when someone is being fairly criticized or not. Except when Oshino said that it was Hanekawa's fault her legal guardians were abusing her. That was some major bullshit for a guy who is normally as levelheaded as Oshino.

Za Desorassun no Smaugo-kun
Tuariel so kawaii. Kili wants them hot elf babies. Smaug is a straight up Swagon, Wizard battles galore and also Orlando Bloom.

zeroshiki

I got the Walking Dead Bundle, so I have TWD, Retro City Rampage, Sly 4, Uncharted, and I bought Gundam Breaker, P4G, and UMvC3. So I'm stacked on that front. Really I think I'm good on games for basically all of next year at this point.

April 10th!! Keep $80 handy. Probably closer to $100.

I'm still not sure whether to just get it on PS3. I want that disc.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Monogatari SS 13
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=298251
"So you're an airhead and you're quiet. Do you know what they call people like you, here in Japan?"
"E-Evil?"
"Enchanting."

Hoooooooooooooooooo snap. Shinobu with the scathing burn of somebody right there. Good grief. Girl spends the last five minutes of the episode just tearing Nadeko a new one full stop. And I'm not sure if it is undeserved or not, since Nadeko is literally so stupid she agreed to help out a serpent without any sort of actual contract. She's helping out a snake that is like Kyubey, Satan and the Basilisk from Harry Potter all in one convenient container. It's sort of hard to tell when someone is being fairly criticized or not. Except when Oshino said that it was Hanekawa's fault her legal guardians were abusing her. That was some major bullshit for a guy who is normally as levelheaded as Oshino.

Za Desorassun no Smaugo-kun
Tuariel so kawaii. Kili wants them hot elf babies. Smaug is a straight up Swagon, Wizard battles galore and also Orlando Bloom.

I really want you to just keep watching monogatari nonstop for this arc to see your range of emotions with each impression you write up

Jintor

Urufu Obu u~ōrusutorīto
This was a good movie. It was on the long side weighing at around 3hrs but it was worth it.
Pacing felt great given the duration, and while it was not an action film the excitement was solid throughout. Some great performances all round.
Also I must say this movie had the most TAD that I've seen in a movie all year at least. I'm impressed. You'd think you were watching TLRD with that shit. Dayum.

What do you think, Ookami no U~orusutoriito or U~orusutoriito no Ookami?

Kite

And into season 2 of Natsume's Book of Friends I dive. Simply adore this show. Though with every episode I burn through
i feel a sense of regret that it will be over soon. Kind of wish I could hold back so it lasted longer.
*highfive*
I don't know where they found the money to make four seasons but I hope it continues. The anime really is chicken soup for the soul.. as cheesy as that sounds. Wish it could last forever.

edit: Porco Rosso is the best Ghibili movie

Pooya

Coppelion - End I guess

this was the most sappiest shit I've seen in sometime, I think I'm going to vomit.

1388049097-1.jpg

GoHands after they saw their sales number

1388049092-2.jpg

All the red that was sucked out of the show is here in last episode.

1388049098-3.jpg

oh LOL.

ok, I was wrong about the children's names, it was even worse than that.
They just forgot about Ozu sisters in the last scenes?!!

Quasar

*highfive*
I don't know where they found the money to make four seasons but I hope it continues. The anime really is chicken soup for the soul.. as cheesy as that sounds. Wish it could last forever.

Yeah. I'm pretty amazed that they were able to bankroll 4 seasons. Reminds me of Chihayafuru in that respect. Chihayafuru the manga though is pretty popular which might help that. Dunno how popular this is/was.

Bombless

Monogatari 20

Nisio, buddy, I fucking hate your guts right now. Well played you bastard.

I feel I said the exact same words during the Katanagatari watch, but it's well deserved.

Conan-san

Zac and Justin are very self-absorbed as content consumers, and that tends to amplify itself when they are with one another. If something does not explicitly align itself with their world views or personal background they tend to be dismissive or write something off as small minded where it is reframed as uneducated and offensive (i.e. C3 Stella is suddenly holding the flag for American gun culture.) Wolf Children got slapped with the uneducated label and they work their way back from that to do the necessary mental gymnastics to justify that to themselves. Then you wind up with discussions about how Hosoda is a latent furry that inadvertently stumbled backwards into the culture. Also he is not a mom.
And just watch as they turn around and blow smoke up the ass of such quality shit such as; Madoka Film 3: A two hour grugdefuck that was made to ensure they can keep doing a story that is over, Eva 3.3 : the "Whoops, nevermind, let's go fuck Shinji over again" film of the eva quintology and Flowers of Evil: The show that was all talk, no trousers and even less animation.

And let's not even get started about how much Zac has a boner for Watamote and it's want to press everyone's nose into shit.

Narag

Yamato 2199 - 2

NQiOjfbl.png
Gqnddu9l.png
2CYYEpxl.jpg

pooooooorn

Lost my shit when the rusty Yamato turned its guns on that carrier in the beginining

I'm surprised how much I care about the characters already. I think the goodbyes made everyone really endearing.

cnet128

Banned
Monogatari SS 13

"E-Evil?"
"Enchanting."

Wait, they translated "mashou" as "enchanting"? That's awkward. "Enchanting" has largely positive connotations, while the connotations of "mashou" are almost entirely negative.

"Mashou" is mostly used in the phrase "mashou no onna", meaning a woman who uses her charms to manipulate men (generally ruining their lives), and the kanji literally mean "of a magical/demonic nature". I know there's no exact English equivalent, but seeing as the whole point of this line is that Shinobu is choosing a very particular word, the translator could at least have tried. Presumably he was going for the supernatural angle with "enchanting", but if that was the case, "bewitching" would at least have made it more obvious. "Devilish" could even be more on the mark.

Theres another film that wowed me yesterday. Its a disney film called the Princess and the Frog. What was amazing was the animation and how smooth it was. Disney should do more films like that instead of crap like Planes >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom