• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

I guess I should switch to my Irisu avatar for real pic. January,haha.
Unless the new Sailor Moon really is airing, then it will be visor Minako.

Hyouka 11

And so this arc comes to a conclusion. Heh at Oreki coming to all these realisations. Irisu is pretty best.
Another thing I liked and didn't quite catch at the start is how the chat at the start of the arc was Irisu. Wonder if that comes up again. Especially the "disconnected" part.

This is what I was referring to earlier. In one of your earlier episode comments you mentioned that it was kind of funny how Oreki kind of used or played everybody. Knowing his relationship to Chintanda and his sister and now Irisu in this arc, that remark just got a chuckle out of me knowing what was about to happen in the story.

Sadly, I seem to remember some of the computers being hit by the Engrish stick.

Having watched Gunbuster now, I thought it was funny how after the return of a certain character, Analyzer put the message "Okairinasai" on the monitor and it even flipped the イ so it was backwards. I'm not sure if that was used anywhere else, so as far as I know that's a little nod to Gunbuster.

Hyouka 11.5

rnvyXsU.jpg
Upon re-watching this episode a little bit I noticed Chitanda grabs Mayaka's chest just before they go down the water-slide. Maybe Hyouka isn't as classy as people think it is. ;p.

I was going to say it's just Oreki's face, but lol.

I don't know if you've seen it already or not but there is also this art of Tomoe which shows her face. http://i.imgur.com/D6vbx.jpg

Uraizen

Banned
Upon re-watching this episode a little bit I noticed Chitanda grabs Mayaka's chest just before they go down the water-slide. Maybe Hyouka isn't as classy as people think it is. ;p

Uh oh... UH OH...
I never watched the .5 episodes.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It makes me thing the writers must actually be pretty talented to fuck everything up so badly. That kind of stupidity has to be masterfully calculated.
Yes I just suggested that harem writers are GENIUSES.

LOL those sneaky bastards! XD

Gingitsune - 06

I've learned that little fox is a passionnate girl but also tsundere.

Case in point :

Other than that , it was yet again a nice and cosy episode that filled me with warm feeligns.

I like this show

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Having watched Gunbuster now, I thought it was funny how after the return of a certain character, Analyzer put the message "Okairinasai" on the monitor and it even flipped the イ so it was backwards. I'm not sure if that was used anywhere else, so as far as I know that's a little nod to Gunbuster.
Buncha nerds working at Xebec! lol
I don't know if you've seen it already or not but there is also this art of Tomoe which shows her face. http://i.imgur.com/D6vbx.jpg
I remember that, but is it official art?

Hey man, sometimes you gotta be an asshole to get your point across.
He's a major asshole to everyone! And it's all because of his stupid amnesia shtick. :p

You obviously have no understanding of practical military equipment. :p
On the one hand, at least there are women on the ship this time. On the other hand, their designs are their designs. lol

Gazoinks

Yamato 2199 05
Zku8uEOl.jpg

Why is there a dude on their console

One of the things I like about this show is that the protagonist is in a commanding role. Usually in these sorts of shows the protag is the maverick ace grunt who impresses everyone with his natural talent at fighting, so it's cool seeing someone who, while he's not afraid to get his hands dirty, has a different place on the ship.

This was the start of what I expect to be a pretty awesome battle.

Romance is coming! Romance is coming!

On the one hand, at least there are women on the ship this time. On the other hand, their designs are their designs. lol

Baby steps.

Hyouka 6

I guess after dealing with last episode's conclusion, we're in like a transitional period, figuring out why Chitendo got angry at her teacher. She was trollin' around with the fellas before getting to that point though. Even mislead Oreki for a moment.

She really does like to get up close and personal though when she's curious, and she has some dangerous imagery to show what it's like to be sucked into the curiosity vortex.

And Habanero got angry at Mr Database. They work well with each other since they're in the bottom half tier.

Ace of Diamond 06

All that SHOUNEN EMOTION.

It's pretty enjoyable cause the emotion and the intensity of it just carries you through the episode. So much overreaction too.

I FEEL LIKE ITS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING

BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT

This anime has everything. A magical girl, a mech, musings on sensible energy policy and the economic viability of nuclear power.

It has it all.

Log Horizon 06

God I love Shiroe, and I'm glad his group already consists of 4 badasses that work well together. It's been a while since I've liked an MC so much only for being smart.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 06

God I love Shiroe, and I'm glad his group already consists of 4 badasses that work well together. It's been a while since I've liked an MC so much only for being smart.

I hope Nyanta stays as a permanent party member, he wasn't there at the end of the episode when they were leaving.

Jarmel

Banned
Are there any good anime musicals? No, not Valvrave. I'm listening to a bunch of Disney stuff and I was wondering if there was an equivalent for anime. Damn, Disney in the 90s was flawless.

Hyouka 7

Might as well be the lets defile Chitendo's innocent ideas through the power of MYSTERIES! Although... I can't say I have her ideal version of a sibling, so yeah.

Oreki needs to lay in a hot tub or something, dude's weak from the heat
of imagination!
. Can't be sure, but it's as if Oreki's senses has increased for this episode, or it's merely a reminder of what he has from that last major mystery.

Database and Habanero still getting less screen time, dialogue continues to improve at least.

Ace of Diamond 06

All that SHOUNEN EMOTION.

It's pretty enjoyable cause the emotion and the intensity of it just carries you through the episode. So much overreaction too.

This episode came at an opportune time, because I was considering dropping it. Thank god they finally let him pitch.

Ookiku Furikabutte The Summer Tournament Chapter 04

Oh boy, all that character development that's gonna hapen. Nice to see Hanai getting some.

Pretty cool to see the opposing team prevent themselves from self-destructing too. This game is a lot more enjoyable than the previous ones.

Gazoinks

Yamato 2199 06

The attention to detail in this show is awesome. That fuse!

That was an awesomely epic battle for so early in the show, can't wait to see future ones.

Now into the far reaches of space! I hope we meet some non-humanoid aliens at some point.

Space Nazis are dicks.

Poor Setsuna,
having to sing a love song that your crush wrote about another woman. Or so it seems. The Drama is a coming.

Yeah that's a bit awkward. I'm really hoping they handle the drama as elegantly as they've been handling everything else in this series. I'm impressed that so far they've made me like both girls perfectly equally.
Harem ending.

Yeah that's a bit awkward. I'm really hoping they handle the drama as elegantly as they've been handling everything else in this series. I'm impressed that so far they've made me like both girls perfectly equally.
Harem ending.

that's obviously best ending, but only few anime have such a great ending.

Firefly is pretty amazing, but that's closer to Cowboy Bebop than to Yamato if you had to choose a sci-fi style. Yamato is closer to Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gingitsune Episode 6:

I am still enjoying the show for the most part but I am really starting to grow weary of all of the focus going to the most boring person in anime Satoru. Fuck, it feels like he is becoming the main character and he just isn't interesting, like, at all. The sooner this arc ends the better.

Gazoinks

Firefly is pretty amazing, but that's closer to Cowboy Bebop than to Yamato if you had to choose a sci-fi style. Yamato is closer to Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek.

Oh Cowboy Bebop? Well nevermind then! No one likes that!

I have watched some Star Trek, I've heard pretty mixed things about Battlestar, but I should probably get around to trying that sometime too.

Backlog...
HZdtlei.png

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy Specials

V7hgiN5.jpg

Is this what I think it is?

Poor Misao, even in the specials, she's suffering in a hackjobbed Cinderella story

lol Magical Girl Lyrical Amira (dat anagram)

That Batman

That TEASE OF A MOVIE! The feelings of not having anymore of Pretty Sammy ._.

Guess it truly comes to a close now.......

. . . I liked Battlestar Galactica.

Where is the anime equivalent of Farscape, though?

So did many others and critics, considering it's considered among the best tv dramas. You'll always find people who hate stuff like the Sopranos and the Wire too.

And the anime equivalent of Farscape? That's a good question, maybe Space Dandy lol considering the heavy emphasis on aliens.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
. . . I liked Battlestar Galactica.

Where is the anime equivalent of Farscape, though?

so far Space Dandy seems to match some of the more comedic episodes of Farscape
aka bestest scifi tv show ever, if you haven't watched it yet go watch it right now
based on all 3ish minutes of footage we've seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom