• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Abenobashi!

Great show! Dancing shrooms and general Gainax WTFness.

It's not BONES dying. Just my soul.

*hugs Ducky

It's not Hyouka that isn't classy, it's KyoAni. Hence that and the first ED. Gotta sell blurays.

And yet they still failed somehow.

Hyouka spin-off where they all join a band and play light music.

Oh man. I bet that would sell so well :D
Throw some tea time and fuwafuwa. Maybe a bit of genki. Yeah thats the shit.

I FEEL LIKE ITS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING

BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT

This anime has everything. A magical girl, a mech, musings on sensible energy policy and the economic viability of nuclear power.

It has it all.
It has it all yet in the end it has nothing , but i won't tell much , you should embrace yourself with what you're seeing because there is a BEFORE and an AFTER.

Mhmm, all these Yamato impressions warm my cold, dead heart.
I'm intrigued ... i'm considering watching it now .
*puts into the backlog list ..

Now the hard part will be to clean up my backlog list before i can watch this.
Gingitsune Episode 6:

I am still enjoying the show for the most part but I am really starting to grow weary of all of the focus going to the most boring person in anime Satoru. Fuck, it feels like he is becoming the main character and he just isn't interesting, like, at all. The sooner this arc ends the better.
You're right it's been 3 episodes already , time to get back to daily life now.. I hope we'll have an arc with the class rep soon.

Hyouka spin-off where they all join a band and play light music.
Ah Ah

No way kyoani will waste ressources on idol or music stuff , This just doesn't sell !
Wait why am i crying ?

Gundam Build Fighters Episode 6:

So this is what toyetic plastic model duels look like when they have the animation budget to buy Belgium with, so very pretty. Indeed.

It's pretty .... it's also entertaining not worrying about the silly things

Also best mother of 2013/2014.

cajunator

Banned
Hi AnimeGaf.

I've been showing some anime to some friends and they seem to like the comedy parts of the relationships between Yuichi and Ayu + Yuichi and Makoto in Kanon 2006, Tomoya and Fuko in Clannad and Kyosuke and Kirino in Oreimo. Any other similar stuff I can show them without too much fanservice and where the main guy doesn't nosebleed all the time?

Toradora

duckroll

PA Works will be releasing a Key Animation Collection book for Toshiyuki Inoue's work on Uchoten Kazoku sometime in December. The book will also contain discs featuring selected cuts with audio commentary on the process. The selected cuts are divided into three difficulty categories - easy, medium, and advanced. They have posted samples of each of these categories on Youtube.

Audio Commentary Sample for an easy cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrH6s9OIx5g

Audio Commentary Sample for a medium cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK00iq3yuEg

Audio Commentary Sample for an advanced cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EFYQVT1K4w

PA Works will be releasing a Key Animation Collection book for Toshiyuki Inoue's work on Uchoten Kazoku sometime in December. The book will also contain discs featuring selected cuts with audio commentary on the process. The selected cuts are divided into three difficulty categories - easy, medium, and advanced. They have posted samples of each of these categories on Youtube.

Audio Commentary Sample for an easy cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrH6s9OIx5g

Audio Commentary Sample for a medium cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK00iq3yuEg

Audio Commentary Sample for an advanced cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EFYQVT1K4w

What a treasure trove for animation fans. I might look into picking this up.

Nordicus

Hi AnimeGaf.

I've been showing some anime to some friends and they seem to like the comedy parts of the relationships between Yuichi and Ayu + Yuichi and Makoto in Kanon 2006, Tomoya and Fuko in Clannad and Kyosuke and Kirino in Oreimo. Any other similar stuff I can show them without too much fanservice and where the main guy doesn't nosebleed all the time?
Lovely Complex might be what your after.
You two just nailed it

Hi AnimeGaf.

Nodame Cantabile.

Gundam G Fighter

Gundams have more than one purpose

gundamclockgfighter9sdv2.png

Doki Doki Precure - 39 - Ace attorney edition

Not bad for a 3/4 season episode .

So the precure have improved, not only in fighting power but in skills too.

It feels good that FOR ONCE , the heroines do not fall to a stupid scheme, bell attempt was ridiculous easy but the way they saw throught it was good .

DokiDoki%21.Precure.39_01.jpg

Objection !
DokiDoki%21.Precure.39_02.jpg

This is it ! we have proved that you're a fake !
DokiDoki%21.Precure.39_03.jpg

Rahhhh
Lance on alice head always make me smile

but anyway , when precure heroines are getting too smart that just means that there is something else ... And there was !

The long awaited regina is BACK ! Mana again talks to her about LOVE , about spending a long night together "talking" ..Gezz Mana , i know you still want that harem but you're so blunt !

The episode (being a mid season episode ) was not bad, it was decently animated so it was much enjoyable , the fact that regina is back is yet again another reason to rejoice ... and everything flowed together properly .. i like that

Too bad that after raising the stakes , we're back to a regular episode next week ..

DokiDoki%21.Precure.39_04.jpg

Yeaaaarh.Dark regina is cool , i still enjoy mischef regina but i'd take any regina i can.

So now this episode gave us enough hint toward the ending so here are my predictions:
Princess Anne , when she was struck while escaping the trump kingdom Was separated into .... 4
1 - Her body
2 - Ai
3 - Regina
4 - Aguri

The way i see it , Ai got her "potential" , Aguri got her knowledge , Regina got the darkness part of her heart ( that is present in everyone as experienced in the dokidoki serie ) and her body was left. All the part have an uneven amount of power , but all of them have a bit

This would explain all the forshadowing so far , including the clashes between Ace & regina, aguri , feelign when she went into trump kingdom , why bell and the others didn't know about regina at first , why regina can use the spear ( cure ace can probably use it too ), also explain the freaking time limit on cure ace.

Now if this is true that means that the finale will be a gigantic mess ( because as of ep 39 ai is still a baby ) , because unless princess anne stay is her ice prison forever , either regina, aguri , ai or all of them has to disapear... and honnestly i can't wait to see how they will deal with it.

Any dokidoki precure followers want to see my theory ?

OceanBlue

Damn, the animation in episode 6 of the new Yozakura Quartet is nuts. The animation has always been better than average, but this episode just took it to another level. I don't understand why Touka was sitting in the car the entire time, but otherwise this episode was hype.

Also it might've just been me, but I thought the pacing was great. The slight breaks and following buildups kept everything exciting and, for me, the comedy was on point. I love the soundtrack too. Lol, I can't stop editing this post to add more praise to the episode.

Joe Molotov

Hi AnimeGaf.

Acchi Kocchi

X TV 15

I guess this is where the deaths start stacking up. I wonder how many people will die this time.

At least with Daisuke he died doing what he wanted. I'm still annoyed at how "destiny" forced Fuma to play his role against his will.

Jarmel

Banned
IB4vvph.jpg

OOOOOOO OOO!!
ソウルイーター NOT!!

OOのOOOO
棺姫のチャイカ

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

smdh.gif

Should be fixing their fuckup from the original instead of moving on to the spinoff.

e_i

Doki Doki Precure episode 39

Oh, give it up Regina. Mana will make you her waifu! Let the rebefriending BEGIN.

Hah at placing Battlestar Galatica in the same company as The Wire or even the Sopranos.

You're welcome to your opinion, I'm talking critics-wise. The show throughout its first two seasons was highly loved, it began to slow down in its 3rd and the fourth just ended really bad. Nobody is denying that. But 2 great seasons, one solid 3rd season and a bad 4th one? Not every one of the greats have been good throughout. Someone out there stopped watching Breaking Bad because season 2 was so "boring". Same with the earlier seasons of the Wire.

Going back to animu, I've been loving the Attack On Titan OST. I listen to it everywhere I go and friday during one of my many long trips with friends in the car we pumped up the first song at full volume. DAT CHOIR.

Jarmel

Banned
You're welcome to your opinion, I'm talking critics-wise. The show throughout its first two seasons was highly loved, it began to slow down in its 3rd and the fourth just ended really bad. Nobody is denying that. But 2 great seasons, one solid 3rd season and a bad 4th one? Not every one of the greats have been good throughout. Someone out there stopped watching Breaking Bad because season 2 was so "boring". Same with the earlier seasons of the Wire.

Wire S2 arguments here we go. Zigggyyy!

Yozakura Quartet - Hana no Uta 6

Just as good as the last episode, maybe even better. The animation continues to be mind-blowing, and this episode was a showcase of absolutely wild effects animation all over the place, especially in the last scene. The hand-to-hand action is no slouch either. The direction is again sharp, with cool transitions, and the pacing keeps everything moving fast but not too fast while balancing action, drama, and humor deftly. The cast chemistry is really shining with everyone's individual skills being put to use somewhere. With this arc, Yozakura has become my most anticipated airing show.

I got a real chuckle out of Hime at the end essentially saying, "Akira, go back to the kitchen!"

PsionBolt

Dokidoki 39

I've finally caught up. It's kind of soul-crushing to think about how busy one has to get before they can no longer spare 30 minutes a week to watch sunday morning cartoons.

Anyway, Dokidoki is as great as ever. The episodes about eating your carrots and brushing your teeth were pretty painful, and the episode about Rachel was mighty impure, but overall the show continues to impress.
Mana's swag makes me happy.

So now this episode gave us enough hint toward the ending so here are my predictions:
Princess Anne , when she was struck while escaping the trump kingdom Was separated into .... 4
1 - Her body
2 - Ai
3 - Regina
4 - Aguri

The way i see it , Ai got her "potential" , Aguri got her knowledge , Regina got the darkness part of her heart ( that is present in everyone as experienced in the dokidoki serie ) and her body was left. All the part have an uneven amount of power , but all of them have a bit

This would explain all the forshadowing so far , including the clashes between Ace & regina, aguri , feelign when she went into trump kingdom , why bell and the others didn't know about regina at first , why regina can use the spear ( cure ace can probably use it too ), also explain the freaking time limit on cure ace.

Now if this is true that means that the finale will be a gigantic mess ( because as of ep 39 ai is still a baby ) , because unless princess anne stay is her ice prison forever , either regina, aguri , ai or all of them has to disapear... and honnestly i can't wait to see how they will deal with it.

I've seen this theory around. It's as sound as any other, I suppose.

I have a hard time imagining good-side characters disappearing forever in a modern Precure. If nothing else, Mana definitely won't stand for the loss of 2 (potentially 3) of her harem members.
Personally, I'm betting on the last treasure coming into play, and by their powers combined, Captain Planet Ange will be miraculously revived without losing anyone. Maybe not the most interesting development, but it seems to me the most likely.

But hey, Dokidoki has hardly gone by-the-numbers so far, so I really have no idea what's next. I've been hoping for an ending like this since the beginning. But maybe it'll be something no one predicted at all.

Hagi

UK news: the All the Anime delayathon continues. Turns out they hired a bunch of monkeys to handle their case printing for their Perfect Blue BR + DVD combipack and the DVD version of Cowboy Bebop and they cocked it up, so they're having to do it over again. Both have a new date of 2nd December.

I'll be surprised if i get my copy of Perfect Blue at all at this rate. I hope there won't be this amount of fuck ups for Gurren Lagann.

Strike the Blood 06

This show literally can be described as low budget Majutsu No Index. But that's not a bad thing as I like that show, and this one doesn't have loli girls (Even the younger one/main love interest at least looks a bit older physically).

As to this specific episode, it was mostly set-up for more harem and a future serious episode. I don't mind, my issues with harem is that best girl 90% of the time doesn't win.

Doki Doki Precure episode 39
Oh, give it up Regina. Mana will make you her waifu! Let the rebefriending BEGIN.
She is struggling , resisting but the outcome is inevitable..

Dokidoki 39

I've finally caught up. It's kind of soul-crushing to think about how busy one has to get before they can no longer spare 30 minutes a week to watch sunday morning cartoons.

Anyway, Dokidoki is as great as ever. The episodes about eating your carrots and brushing your teeth were pretty painful, and the episode about Rachel was mighty impure, but overall the show continues to impress.
Mana's swag makes me happy.

I've seen this theory around. It's as sound as any other, I suppose.

I have a hard time imagining good-side characters disappearing forever in a modern Precure. If nothing else, Mana definitely won't stand for the loss of 2 (potentially 3) of her harem members.
Personally, I'm betting on the last treasure coming into play, and by their powers combined, Captain Planet Ange will be miraculously revived without losing anyone. Maybe not the most interesting development, but it seems to me the most likely.

But hey, Dokidoki has hardly gone by-the-numbers so far, so I really have no idea what's next. I've been hoping for an ending like this since the beginning. But maybe it'll be something no one predicted at all.

One could argue that the power of love and friendship will turn the tables , but you're right and that's why i wrote that it might become a mess because they will have to solve the "problem" in the finale without killing characters .. That will be quite difficult.

Not bad for a 3/4 season episode .

So the precure have improved, not only in fighting power but in skills too.

It feels good that FOR ONCE , the heroines do not fall to a stupid scheme, bell attempt was ridiculous easy but the way they saw throught it was good .

Lance on alice head always make me smile

but anyway , when precure heroines are getting too smart that just means that there is something else ... And there was !

The long awaited regina is BACK ! Mana again talks to her about LOVE , about spending a long night together "talking" ..Gezz Mana , i know you still want that harem but you're so blunt !

The episode (being a mid season episode ) was not bad, it was decently animated so it was much enjoyable , the fact that regina is back is yet again another reason to rejoice ... and everything flowed together properly .. i like that

Too bad that after raising the stakes , we're back to a regular episode next week ..

1 - Her body
2 - Ai
3 - Regina
4 - Aguri

Makes sense. I mean nevermind the OP where
Ace and Regina are standing together.

Although... The time limit for Cure Ace hasn't been relevant at all since they killed off the Selfish rejects, it's safe to assume she dooesn't have it anymore.

Wire S2 arguments here we go. Zigggyyy!

Wire Season 2 was great. Season 5 was the clunker.

I'd say you are greatly overestimating BSG's critical reception if you think it's regarded as one of the best TV dramas ever.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 5
tumblr_mw0dugYMl61stbsjuo1_500.png

Seeing the jealously in the back with whoever is on the end of the text screen about Goto only being interested in Masayoshi was hilarious. Even more since she was like him not seeing Masayoshi was making him unhappy. I hope Goto and Masayoshi can meet back up and meet common ground again, was always the best part
which I guess is certainly going to happen now that he finally parted ways with Flamenco girl. Flashy skills and great singing voice but pretty aggravating and making Samumenco take a backseat sulking wasnt good.

Kind of want more songs and more Masayoshi being happy.

Wire Season 2 was great. Season 5 was the clunker.

I'd say you are greatly overestimating BSG's critical reception if you think it's regarded as one of the best TV dramas ever.

Well by among the best I didn't mean right up there at the top, but easily among the top 20. And that I can say with confidence since I've seen it duke it out in viewer-based competition and reach decently far.

Strike the Blood 06

This show literally can be described as low budget Majutsu No Index. But that's not a bad thing as I like that show, and this one doesn't have loli girls (Even the younger one/main love interest at least looks a bit older physically).

As to this specific episode, it was mostly set-up for more harem and a future serious episode. I don't mind, my issues with harem is that best girl 90% of the time doesn't win.
No lolis ?
Not sure about that

Mage teacher is a loli , so is the new "maid"
But you're right on that aspect strike the blood is much better than index so far ( but index has much more intresting "ladies" later.

Makes sense. I mean nevermind the OP where
Ace and Regina are standing together.

Although... The time limit for Cure Ace hasn't been relevant at all since they killed off the Selfish rejects, it's safe to assume she dooesn't have it anymore.

The time limit for cure ace is still there, it probably has been extended once she got the lovely pads .. if it was not a problem anymore they would have talked about it

No lolis ?

The time limit for cure ace is still there, it probably has been extended once she got the lovely pads .. if it was not a problem anymore they would have talked about it

Problem being is that the "extension" hasn't been talked about either. Who knows, the movie might have some details considering what part of the show it takes place in, but for right now, the time limit isn't really relevant.

...Someone else actually noticed this before me, but I gave it a few episodes to verify his statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom