• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yozakura Quarter Hana no Uta 06

Train rocket was pretty amazing seeing animated. Highly impressed.

The fight was pretty well done too. High praises all around.

Theonik

rip ponpo
( -̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄◞ω◟-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )

duckroll

This has less to do with card games then I would have imagined.

The funniest part about this is that the Bushiroad anime story plan pre-dates the entire Bushiroad card merchandising empire company. It was originally going to be a cross-media franchise headlined by the anime produced by Gainax. Then the writer died, and everything went into limbo, and later on the main producer started up a company to do merchandising and stuff, and he named it Bushiroad for sentimental reasons.

Now we've come full circle. Lol.

Non Non Biyori 6
Very cute
x5z.png

She's a bit obsessive, but who wouldn't want a room full of Komari
25z.gif

I find this hilarious

Oh, the Sword Art Online Extra Edition is going to have a new song from Eir Aoi called Niji no Oto (Rainbow's Sound). Good news for everyone who liked INNOCENCE more than crossing field, I guess.

https://twitter.com/eir_staff/status/400066515354910720

Eir Aoi is a blessing to the anime world and we need more songs, cant wait to hear, though if only it wasnt airing at an extremely inconvenient time for the american world.

Theonik

Hyouka 15
itVmR99zS7Hor.gif

Kinda wish CLAMP was involved in Hyouka now.
And so the myster of Jyumoji thickens. Also
Damn at the Mayaka bullying. this is heavy. #TeamFatyaka grows stronger.
Similarly Satoshi's secret envy of Oreki also thickens and Chitanda tries to use the powers she got from Irisu in combat but fails.
And ha! As if Oreki's trade puzzle was going to end at that!

That character is the only reason I consider going back to that show. Such hilarious expressions.
You should go back because the show is awesome.

Yowamushi Pedal 6

Been enjoying the show so far! I'm glad it's slated for 30+ episodes as I like the pace it has set for itself. I don't think I'd be enjoying the show as much if they tried to condense it into one cour. This show seems to be going at a slower pace than other sports anime, but I feel like it fits the tone of the show. We'll see if I still feel the same once races versus other schools start.

Also,
I'm so happy Onoda finally has a proper bike! Looking forward to how he handles it.
Have a feeling I'll continue holding off reading the manga until the anime finishes so that I can continue watching the show blind.

Also hello everyone this is my first time posting in the anime thread.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 6:

Well then, I can definitively say that Yozakura Quartet is the recipient of One Piece syndrome, in that this program gets so much better once things get all dark and serious. Though also like One Piece it also has time for some quick comedic bits in the middle of things. Also, this show is still not above a panty shot or two even with things this grim.

CrazyDude

Watched the Kenshin Kyoto movie remake. Makes me wish they would remake the whole anime. At the very least someone animate the last arc.

CorvoSol

Bakemonogatari 1

Visually speaking, the show is very attractive. There's a lot of detail and wonderful use of color and all those things for people who aren't filthy plebs like me and cannot really appreciate that. The show is pretty and hell, even the CG looked nice.

The plot though . . . was pretty confusing. Like, here's what I got out of it. Arara (I know that's not his name, but it reminds me of the bird and those birds are awesome) is like, hanging around planning the school festival with a girl whose panties he saw while thinking about a girl I guess he caught after slipping on a banana, and then he follows her and she is crazy skilled with school supplies as weapons, and they go to meet a man who can cure her of her absurd lack of weight (caused by a Crab God). They know he can help because he cured our parrot protagonist of being a vampire.

I think that's more or less the set up, and you'll all surely forgive me for going "Uh, what?" at that.

Syrinx

Bakemonogatari 1

Visually speaking, the show is very attractive. There's a lot of detail and wonderful use of color and all those things for people who aren't filthy plebs like me and cannot really appreciate that. The show is pretty and hell, even the CG looked nice.

The plot though . . . was pretty confusing. Like, here's what I got out of it. Arara (I know that's not his name, but it reminds me of the bird and those birds are awesome) is like, hanging around planning the school festival with a girl whose panties he saw while thinking about a girl I guess he caught after slipping on a banana, and then he follows her and she is crazy skilled with school supplies as weapons, and they go to meet a man who can cure her of her absurd lack of weight (caused by a Crab God). They know he can help because he cured our parrot protagonist of being a vampire.

I think that's more or less the set up, and you'll all surely forgive me for going "Uh, what?" at that.

Yeah the first episode was kinda confusing. But it becomes clear enough soon.

Okay, good, because I'm not ready for 2 List shows at once, and if the plot continued to progress as it did in this first episode the show'd be pretty Listy.

Don't worry it's nowhere close to the LIST , it's legit fun and legit entertaining , aren't you seeing people posting impressions each sunday ? We are loving this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom