• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdrVcjc.jpg
ybRmYvX.jpg

Blazblue Alter Memory 6

Some shit happens with Ragna fighting Lambda and
Taka rewinding time

Nothing important.

What IS important is that Bang finally appears.

tumblr_mqc0vxS28e1sye8gzo1_500.gif

Which automatically makes this the best episode yet.

Arpeggio of the blue steel - 06
This episode focused on friendship ..... i approuve.

Haru learning friendship was kinda great. kirishima struggling in her new body was quite fun. overall the episode delivered properly in term of entertainment.

I do like the fact that the 401 group is already rogue , i like that .. I guess now it is takao time next week , can't wait .

CorvoSol

Ahah, yeah, I think everyone is a bit overwhelmed by the series at the very beginning. It does just kind of dump you in there. Gets a lot easier to follow before too long, though. Supernatural phenomenaaaaaassssss.

Also I believe they threw in an incredibly condensed summary of the prequel Kizumonogatari right at the beginning of the first episode for no good reason other than to confuse everyone's asses off (and make us hate them more for not releasing the goddamn movie).

So the story of how Araragi was a vampire and got healed is a whole other story that they just casually mention for the sake of messing up my head, then?

So the story of how Araragi was a vampire and got healed is a whole other story that they just casually mention for the sake of messing up my head, then?

Well it's actually important , they will give you hints and basic information on what happenned across the series.Just barely enough but you'll get some.

Everything else is enjoyable as long as you understand a couple of things

CorvoSol

SHIN MAZINGER Z 5

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

THANK YOU SAINT IMAGAWA, FOR THIS HOLY AND GLORIOUS EPISODE.

Friggin' BREASTO FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

This episode had a significant emotional punch to lay into you, some more signature moves, Mazinger Z being INVINCIBLE, and also Kouji on a roaring rampage of revenge. I LOVE roaring rampages of revenge! And when people tried to talk some sense into him, Kouji's like "SCREW YOUR GODDAMN PLAN I AM GOING TO GET SOME EVER LOVING JUSTICE. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

So goooooood!

Hyouka 14

Wow, even better than Mama

Everyone contributes to the cooking contest, thanks to trading sequences!

Some Juumonji shit be going on though.

At the time the Bakemonogatari LN was written, yes, but the second title in the series is Kizumonogatari, which tells that very story. Shaft has been delaying the movie based on it for quite a while now, and the way things are going, they'll probably have adapted the entire series before the Kizu movie comes out.

It's really getting to be annoying, because they've had a character from Kizu appear in Monogatari S2, and the only other time he's appeared in the anime is in the super-condensed flashback in the beginning of the first episode of Bake, and I hadn't read Kizu at the time, so I was kinda confused as to who he was. The latest arc also has some stuff in it that was mentioned in Kizu, about Shinobu's past.

cnet128

Banned
BlazBlue Alter Memory 6

Oh hey, this wasn't a bad episode. The production values are of course in the gutter as ever, but the pacing doesn't feel completely screwed. I actually quite liked the way they incorporated Takamagahara's interference.

And of course this episode finally introduced Bang, who proved that it was worth the wait for his appearance by generally being the most awesome guy around. Honestly it was worth it just to hear his theme in the introduction scene, but his scenes with Jin in CS were really nice, so it's cool to see them given a fair bit of attention here.

Also it was nice to see Lambda again. I've kind of missed her in Chrono Phantasma.

BlazBlue Alter Memory 6
I'm still lost on the story overall. Most of the characters seem to be congregating towards this town and someone was almost killed. Aside from that, I've got nothing

Branduil

The new "Shadow of Mordor" game sounds like what would happen if anime writers wrote Lord of the Rings.

Soon to be a KyoAni anime.

Dresden

orange working on cg mecha

piloted by anime legolas

voiced by tomozaku sugita

fighting a tsundere anthropomorphic war-elephant girl robot

voiced by miyuki sawashiro

can it get more animegaf than this? I guess a hyouka argument could fit in there somehow.

Hyouka 15

The Juumonji case still continues.

Vocaloid cosplayers are apparently assholes still, but they have the balls to do it in front of the person they're shit-talking. I don't know why I'm expecting someone to cave someone's face in considering there has been 0 violence in Hyouka, but it's something that I'm craving.

Other than that, our 3 active mains seem to be tired in a sense. Not in the same way though.

I don't think that's what Irisu meant when she taught you her techniques, Chitendo.

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 104

Komugi why you so amazing.

Morau why you such a cool customer.

Random ant whose name I can't even remember why do you have such a classy ability.

Togashi why you no write more.

I quite liked that one shot while the King was listening to Komugi's explanation, where the camera was resting behind him at just the right angle to emphasise his deadly tail and remind us that he could slaughter her at any instant if he so desired. Not that he would need his tail to do that. He could probably do it with a blink of his eye if he wanted to.

CorvoSol

The new "Shadow of Mordor" game sounds like what would happen if anime writers wrote Lord of the Rings.

Soon to be a KyoAni anime.

Looks neat to me.

This just makes me want a LORD OF THE RING anime all the more.

Yeah, me t-

Well not anymore.

Getter Dysfunction 5

WOULD THESE THREE JUST BEAT EACH OTHER UP ALREADY SO THEY CAN BE BROS? Somebody needs to wipe that smug look off of Hayato's face. Also, Prof. has two paintings in his office. One is of a spiral galaxy and the other looks like a naked photograph of his daughter Michiru.

cajunator

Banned

piloted by anime legolas

can it get more animegaf than this? I guess a hyouka argument could fit in there somehow.

I would watch this. Zach would just for Miyukichi. Bonus points for fuwafuwa.

Hyouka 16

The wanton need to choke a bitch is going strong with this episode... and the Sis appears again. We're never going to see her face I bet...

Seems like clues are starting to fall into place, but I don't get the feeling of everything being smooth between the cast. Mainly Oreki and Mr Database. In Habanero's case, it's that Manganerds are jerkasses... especially those dressed up as Vocaloids (well, actually in this case I don't think it was a vocaloid problem, or it was but they weren't cosplaying).

Things just keep escalating while trying to hold itself back from bursting from frustration from the characters, and I wonder what is the extent to their limits.

Theonik

They disbanded the 501st because the Neuroi occupying that region were defeated. Also Shizuka is definitely great, she'll hopefully appear in the OVAs or S3.
That gif makes me feel bad for shelving the SW movie.

piloted by anime legolas

An argument on the entertainment value of manga perhaps?

CorvoSol

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross 5

It's a giant robot. With a town inside of it. The entire space ship is a GIANT ROBOT WITH A TOWN IN IT.

It's everything I wanted out of airships in old Final Fantasy games. BUT IN SPACE AND WITH A GIANT ROBOT TRANSFORMATION.

I really like this show so far. Even the Hikaru Minmay romance is cute.

Mature

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross 5

It's a giant robot. With a town inside of it. The entire space ship is a GIANT ROBOT WITH A TOWN IN IT.

It's everything I wanted out of airships in old Final Fantasy games. BUT IN SPACE AND WITH A GIANT ROBOT TRANSFORMATION.

I really like this show so far. Even the Hikaru Minmay romance is cute.
What's more, it gets better! Is this the first Macross related show you've seen?

Articalys

Are Sugita and Sawashiro really the most discussed male and female seiyuu here respectively? I mean, I guess Sawashiro is for the girls, but I didn't think Sugita was #1 on the guys' side.

That gif makes me feel bad for shelving the SW movie.

The fact that people got to see it on the big screen may be the only thing I've been envious of ever. Also get to it (whenever you can)!

Are Sugita and Sawashiro really the most discussed male and female seiyuu here respectively? I mean, I guess Sawashiro is for the girls, but I didn't think Sugita was #1 on the guys' side.

My stance on Miyukichi is known and Sugita is my favorite male seiyuu if that means anything.

Theonik

Nichijou 17
ip9KBE7fiyBDS.gif

That nose
Decent episode. Poor Sakamoto.
Also poor teacher being exploited like that but he sorta set himself up for it. eeeeeeeeeeeeeee x3

Acchi Kocchi 11-12 -END-
Remarkably unremarkable

Tiger and Bunny 16-18
This show has kind of taken a nosedive all of a sudden. It's difficult to watch. At least we got more of Kotetsu's daughter but really I feel like they are hell bent on ruining the show.

The fact that people got to see it on the big screen may be the only thing I've been envious of ever. Also get to it (whenever you can)!
Yeah SW on a 300" Cinema screen unf unf

CorvoSol

What's more, it gets better! Is this the first Macross related show you've seen?

Yes, this is my first time through Macross, Mazinger and Getter Robo. Not Gundam, though.

Mobile Suit Gundam 5

So in this episode several worthwhile things to point out. First, that the Earth is treated as a valuable natural resource, with its massive supply of land and water, evidenced by the old man's asking Amuro if he'd ever even seen Coffee beans before. Second, that Char has, in 5 episodes, lost 8 Zakus to the one Gundam. Poor Char. Third, I'd forgotten how little of a battle the first reentry battle really was. And lastly, this episode introduces us to Garma Zabi. Oh, poor, poor Garma.

Toward the Terra 1

The production values are mediocre, but the setting is compelling sci-fi, with a good old "utopia" in which darkness lurks just beneath the prestine surface. The first half, featuring Jomy's normal life, wasn't very interesting, but when things kick into gear in the second half they get very exciting indeed, with the classic formula of an ordinary guy thrust into something way over his head that worked so well for Hitchcock, among others. It certainly got me hooked.

Theonik

Hyouka 16
i3uFAkkvCgHRm.gif

Oh look it's firehawk again.
And would you look at what Oreki's trading sequence has yielded.
I still hate the manga society. What a punch of bitches. (is that the right word? Fuckin' Japan) Sasuga Miku fans.
This is gearing up to be pretty neat. Let's see if they will nail the landing.

Hyouka 18

Oreki actually did something he wanted to do!

just squish already!

Not really sure if there will be one last arc... well maybe, but there's 4 episodes to spare.

Can't speak for anyone else, but they're my favorite male and female VAs, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom