• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phi Brain S3 Ep 6
tumblr_mw3d9degi91ro78gio1_500.jpg

I guess Ill just agree most nearly and almost entirely with Articalys post on the episode, hyped especially for the spoiler part
Freecell ftw, hopefully it means were moving in a direction more towards getting the dream team together at last (That is to say, Rook, Kaito, and FreeCell).

Shirokuma Cafe 44
n5yvian.jpg

For fuck's sake what's with the anime I'm watching recently and hitting me with the Feels guts punch. What masterful pacing and performances by everybody. I gotta give the most props to the voice actors of Penguin-san and Panda-kun as they showed their mastery during this whole episode.

I was crying intensely during three scenes. The letter, seeing Panda-kun break down in the middle of the street and Penguin-san's
outburst at the couple as he defended Panda-kun because the couple didn't realize how hard he was working. Full time Panda I miss you :'(
were two of the most emotionally investing scenes this show has done outside of the Shirokuma/Grizzly flashbacks. Fantastic episode, among the best if not THE best of the series.

Somebody watching Jojo for the first time? Man it must be so much fun to just marathon it. I'm trying to do that with the manga but part IV isn't done with the switch from Duwang.

It's almost done, though. Those last few volumes were painful to go through after the much better retranslation.

I really need to pick up where I left off in Part 5.

Still can't unsee inflatable bodysuit on Cars.

Sharp ass, would not bang.

Hyouka 22 END

Considering the circumstance here, I'd say there was the power of imagry here.

I mean one scene in particular had a vibrant pink sky, and a rather dull looking sky in comparison. For the former, Chitendo and Oreki were walking towards it, and away from the latter. It's like it's telling me that Oreki is approaching "the rose colored" life of a High school student, and away from his previous grey life. And appropriately, with that person who dragged him out bit by bit. Then again, this wasn't something that just happened in the span of a 1 cour show at least.

It's clear that Hyouka is filled with mysteries, and it's part of what makes Hyouka interesting. The other part, and probably the main part of Hyouka is character interactions, how characters develop over time, and comparing their actions of the now in comparsion to the past. And everything is done at a gradual pace.

However, initially, it was a bit rough, mainly because it threw metaphors at your face, which was kind of unbearable at times, and it felt like it was force feeding you what everything meant, but perhaps it served a purpose for after the initial arc. Primarily, such metaphors decrease over time, to help make a more natural world, on top of beating words into your skull for later comparisons. It tells you about, lets say, Oreki for example. The grey life. Brought up quite a lot, on top of his energy conservation. The latter only appears, which is nice at least. But not just that, but it's like.... he's not acknowledging the grey life as the show goes on, mainly because he doesn't have that now (thanks Chitendo).

There's also the element of self-awareness that goes on, Satoshi being an example to the extreme. Probably gonna leave that bit out
He's kind of nutty...

Err. Musically fitting, it fits well, to say the least, not out of place in any area as far as I'm aware.

Anyway, going back to interactions. It certainly scales pretty well over the course of the show, things just aren't... THRUST upon you in regards to important character aspects, and as a result, nothing is really painful once an issue is out in the air. Instead, it just gives you hints
Although the SatoshixIbari thing was stated right around the time she was introduced, even that was built up over the course of the show. Although how that went.... my.... Hell, Oreki got angry at that conclusion. He could've been angry just because Chitendo was hurt, but that's reaching. No, not true. No one was hurt with the Silk Spider Society thing. But two people got hurt by Satoshi's stunt. So yeah, he was pissed for both. Ibari was happy with that...
. I think there was also the mention of Oreki lacking emotions, but he clearly shows that over time.

Lets see... I like what I mentioned. Rough start, but became better over time. It's something I can definitely recommend, that's for sure. Also a nice change of pace compared to what I've been watching recently.... well... I'm not entirely sure, Ojamajo Doremi does work on the Interaction basis to flesh itself out. So maybe I was right at a more... normalized home.

Syrinx

Ouran High School Host Club 18

I at least have to give his brother this: how in the fuck does Honey-senpai even have enough space in his body to eat all that cake. And then he has special cake night once a week. Plus the three cakes he eats for dessert daily and all the cake he eats at the host club. And those are big fucking cakes too. I can understand why his brother would think he's an alien.

His love of cake is so great that even Mori-senpai underestimated it. And he knows everything about Honey-senpai. They're soul mates.

zeroshiki

Male seiyuu talk and no mention of Fukuyama Jun :( I'm so sad.

Also, anyone who prefers Ranka to Sheryl is either a lolicon or damaged. Perhaps both.

First key visual for Baby Steps, the tennis series where hard work, practice, and real training are the theme instead of crazy kill-the-dinosaurs super moves:

Also, looks like the animation production is by Studio Pierrot.

http://moca-news.net/article/20131113/201311131220a/01/

Airing Spring 2014 on NHK-E, for 25 episodes. Probably going to take over either Phi Brain or Log Horizon's timeslot.

color me intrigued. I've been a sucker for good sports anime that isn't just about the manly bond the team forms. But since so many sports are team based, those that tend to focus on solo-sports are the ones that explore other aspects I like. Prince of Tennis and all, even if that also has manly bonds

wonzo

Banned
Almost caught up on the Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha manga right now and I'm really looking forward how the adaptation of this great series is gonna turn out. A shame it probably won't get to all the touka x uka stuff though. ;_;

First key visual for Baby Steps, the tennis series where hard work, practice, and real training are the theme instead of crazy kill-the-dinosaurs super moves:

Airing Spring 2014 on NHK-E, for 25 episodes. Probably going to take over either Phi Brain or Log Horizon's timeslot.
I was already looking forward to this after hearing all the praise of the manga but even moreso now that it'll most likely be filled with CG Tennis Matches!!!!!

cajunator

Banned
The fact that people got to see it on the big screen may be the only thing I've been envious of ever. Also get to it (whenever you can)!

My stance on Miyukichi is known and Sugita is my favorite male seiyuu if that means anything.

Indeed youve always had pretty good tastes in things.

Phi brains rate limited to 25 episodes?

Hunter x Hunter 104

Komugi why you so amazing.

Morau why you such a cool customer.

Random ant whose name I can't even remember why do you have such a classy ability.

Togashi why you no write more.

I quite liked that one shot while the King was listening to Komugi's explanation, where the camera was resting behind him at just the right angle to emphasise his deadly tail and remind us that he could slaughter her at any instant if he so desired. Not that he would need his tail to do that. He could probably do it with a blink of his eye if he wanted to.
komugi is awesome because that's what the world needed !

Also togashi will probably output 3 more hxh manga chapters very soon ..he is ..STILL alive
*cry tears of joy
Phi Brain S3 Ep 6
tumblr_mw3d9degi91ro78gio1_500.jpg

I guess Ill just agree most nearly and almost entirely with Articalys post on the episode, hyped especially for the spoiler part
Freecell ftw, hopefully it means were moving in a direction more towards getting the dream team together at last (That is to say, Rook, Kaito, and FreeCell).
Lol , the dream team as appealing as it seems should be only be reserved for a final arc , because it would be too awesome. i honnestly fear for the ennemy that will have to tackle all those "monsters" head-on.

Ouran High School Host Club 18

I at least have to give his brother this: how in the fuck does Honey-senpai even have enough space in his body to eat all that cake. And then he has special cake night once a week. Plus the three cakes he eats for dessert daily and all the cake he eats at the host club. And those are big fucking cakes too. I can understand why his brother would think he's an alien.

His love of cake is so great that even Mori-senpai underestimated it. And he knows everything about Honey-senpai. They're soul mates.
Honey -sempai does a lot of exercise.. that's where all the cake are going.
the trick is simple
Eat -> exercise -> sleep.

Phi brains rate limited to 25 episodes?

NO season 4 annonced so far , it's safe to assume that the slot will be taken once this season ends.

cajunator

Banned
Miss Monochrome

this show about a little android idol is so damned precious. Hnnnnnnnngh. Vocaloid voice is best voice. She has an outfit that reminds me of Nyaruko san.

love the cg dancing too. Adorable all around.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
First, I'd like to apologize for making Anime-GAF the dumping ground for my strangest questions.

That said...

I have a strange question: I've gathered from general interaction with males and the anime community for about 20 years now that guys probably find lesbian relationships titillating an the reason may perhaps be the slight notion that they can imagine themselves some how being apart of any sexual activities the lesbian coupe may have. This of course is antithetical to the idea of lesbianism. The question is the largely female-dominated side of otaku-dom whom have an extreme-interest gay relationships. First, I say extreme interest because I don't even know how to begin categorizing the mental response: is it titillation, some form of sexual arousal, or just a voracious appetite for the subject matter and nothing more? Secondly, is "Rotten Girls" the generally accepted name for women who would fall into this categorization? Finally, if the response isn't sexual in nature then how are the extreme version of a female caricature depicted by having nose bleeds such as their male counterparts who do, in fact, have nose bleeds because of implied sexual responses. I mean why use such a known archetype like nosebleeds which already have a heavy connotation rather than using something different and equally unique. I like how Green Green handles the subject of titillation with the explicit actions of the male side-leads who could only get it up while eating a hot bowl of rice while sniffing used female underwear. There's no mistaking what he's imagining.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
This is what a Madoka fan's room looks like:

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/w8eiwul.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/Aja797g.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/hvn4iEP.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/NXEeruV.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/jJvkCB7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/YGt3e75.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/gdRGJuG.jpg[/IMG]

I swear to god this better be a guy's room!

EDIT:
It's a girl's room

BYsvixjCcAAkor7.png:large

Weak!

cajunator

Banned
Yuusibu

wow this show is weird. Random tentacles and giant boobs everywhere. A bit much for my tastes but still very fun series so far. I like the
big store moving in
which changed everything.
The girls are all pretty cute but Fino is cuuuuuuuuuuute.
just sayin.

It's a girl's room

BYsvixjCcAAkor7.png:large

I'm sure she's a lovely and absolutely charming individual, but after my initial eerie assumption of a man owning it, the whole Urobutcher fucked-up sens of the show, and that picture of her I'm a bit scared. Her face is a bit yandere in that pic. If I were a senpai I'd HAVE to notice her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom