• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Busters! Refrain Episode 6
tumblr_mw27l8AQPP1rrcjudo2_500.gif

Powerful episode at times. Kengo having his moment in the baseball moment
leading to things just falling down. To think Kyousuke who was seemingly the leader and one pushing everyone forward would just end up looking like the bad guy once his plan was put into action was shocking. Even more so that Kengo would react in such a way and want to beat him up, and Riki just abandoning it all and saying its just not for him anymore. I don't think I like where its going unfortunately as its losing its charm, but if this is truly what we must do to see the secret of this world, then Ill steadily just keep on holding on.

Vocal song was a good one.

More Voice Actors for Haikyuu!! were revealed.

Miyu Irino - Kōshi Sugawara: Hopefully he sounds like Chizuru/Haru in Tsuritama/Kimi to Boku

Satoshi Hino - Daichi Sawamura: Would like him to use Sosuke's voice from Hakkenden!

Yuu Hayashi - Ryūnosuke Tanaka and Not my first pic choice or even anyone who I imaged, hasnt he only been in JJBA? I hope he delivers as Tanaka is one of the major personalities that must be nailed correctly.

Kuttsukiboshi 1-2 END

RYXLvEy.jpg

I'm tempted to say this percolated more than boiled, though. It's nowhere near as special as BRS.

It DID deliver on the yuri, though.

I can't help but feel that I recall hearing about this.... and
it made someone insane, but I don't know why.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 31 – I Surpassed You Long Ago
tumblr_mw4zu1sKvW1qi34sfo1_250.gif
tumblr_mw4zu1sKvW1qi34sfo3_r1_250.gif

Phenomenal point in the match with Kuroko's drive being amazing. Most shockingly
the moment when he used it on Midorima and he was stunned there and then poor Takao too :(

OST is pretty underrated this season. Looking forward to hearing it used even more especially in the heated moment.

First episode in a while where Ive wanted to peak into the manga volume to see the result.

fertygo

Internet off for a days, my Hyouka's rewatch already got past the helicopter episode.. I didn't even realize I already burn that much of eps. now I'm sad..

Iriya No Sora, UFO No Natus [Series]

What started out as a slice of life romance with a possible twist ended up as a tragedy with a bit of abstract characterization and 180 personalities. And it's fucking depressing.

I have officially watched like 3 back to back depressing-tone anime, I can't believe I'm saying this but I need a moe high school comedy.

Mature

Evangelion 1
I'm probably the last person to watch this so I'm going to keep it brief. My first impression of the show is that it's very well animated, the setting is quite mysterious yet interesting.
I've definitely noticed some religious themes here and there i.e. Misato's clothing, her cross, the st. peter's cross explosion, the whole "father sending his son to save everyone" theme. There's probably more that I didn't catch. The NERV secret base reminded me of the underground Atlantis in Nadia :)
It's definitely an interesting show for sure. Oh and I like Misato, she's pretty cool.
Don't put too much thought into the religious symbology. It's been said that it's there strictly as an aesthetic.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Coppelion Episode 7:

I seem to be the only person in this universe still watching this program and that is a shame because it has been shaping up to become one of the stronger shows of the season, in spite of its art and filter abuse.
At any rate, we learn how much abuse a Coppelion can take as Haruse is nearly killed by a tank mortar. I still don't understand why the First Division did this since they need them alive. Also, Aoi does the sensible thing and locks herself in the storage locker, I commend this and hope she stays in there for the rest of the series. One thing I really like is how the stakes have been gradually elevating as we have learned what The First Division has planned and it seems to be random terrorism. They have been hinting at a reason for all this and we are going to need it soon. The uptake is there is a pregnant woman who needs attention and a lot of driving though enemy lines and we end things with the meeting of the Ozu Sisters. There are no surprises for them being traitors but the question is why and are they working with the 1St Division?

Coppelion 7
Well good thing is she isn't dead. The bad thing is that there looks to be another group of Coppelion and they do not seem friendly
Edit:
and Aoi locked herself up so we don't have to deal with her for a while, yay!

CorvoSol

Coppelion Episode 7:

I seem to be the only person in this universe still watching this program and that is a shame because it has been shaping up to become one of the stronger shows of the season, in spite of its art and filter abuse.

I still watch it, but I really, really hate Aoi. Especially her awful 3rd person speech.

Tenumi

Banned
Does anybody here have a real life acquaintance who could be considered a fujoshi?

All the women that I know that watch anime are very, very annoying. Obsessed with Hetalia and Korean male singers. They truly scare me.

I was specifically talking about boners.

The way you phrased it was in conflict with human anatomy. The process of erection happens for both men and women.

...I've got a sudden interest in a ecchi-style medical anime. This is a very bad thing.

Hattori

Banned
Evangelion 2
It uneventful for the most part except for the last 5 or so minutes.
So are EVAs biological or was that just Shinji hallucinating? Either way it's weird and my interest is definitely piqued.
Pen-pen is pretty badass though.

Don't put too much thought into the religious symbology. It's been said that it's there strictly as an aesthetic.
It's way too apparent to be ignored though. It's pretty lame if they are just using it for the hell of it.

jman2050

Kyoukai no Kanata 7

Well that was... anti-climatic. Even the action scene was pretty weak this time around.

Honestly, the DTL-esque shenanigans are the best part of this show right now, and I can't believe I'm saying that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Beyond the Boundary 06
Disjointed, lame, plodding, this episode literally wallows in feces. Sakura is a bland character with flimsy motivations that awkwardly inserts herself into the larger plot, which only grows more obtuse and removed from the main cast.

Kuttsukiboshi 1-2

70zptdJ.jpg

Better than expected... which isn't saying quite a lot, although I think it went places to the point that it was straight up hilarious. This is, however, a Yuri dream filled with character development and [ir]rational actions (but hey that's love for you).

No teasing or anything, it's straight to the point on what it is, unlike say, Yuru Yuri, who plods around the lines, although it does have kissing in it (Yuru Yuri is a better watch though).

Art was pretty... bad, but other than that, it's a 2 OVA series that Yuri fans will definitely love, and hopefully, they come to love the two main characters almost as much as they love each other.

Evangelion 2
It uneventful for the most part except for the last 5 or so minutes.
So are EVAs biological or was that just Shinji hallucinating? Either way it's weird and my interest is definitely piqued.
Pen-pen is pretty badass though.

Someone watching Eva for the first time? This'll be fun to read.
Yes, they are.

Haha I guess I am. I'm liking Shaft in general. I might eventually give another try to the Monogatari series since I first watched it when I wasn't too interested in this style.

At least check out Bakemonogatari. It's still the artistic peak of the franchise, although the current season has its moments. It's also worth noting that if you watch it on Crunchyroll (or Daisuki, for that matter), they don't have the last three episodes, as those were released as ONAs, due to production issues (or at least that's the story I heard). I guess the streaming license didn't include those three. They're not bonus episodes, and are pretty important to the plot later on. That said, the 12th episode is a good ending point for the TV series.

Another thing that bothers me about the official subs is that they romanize Senjougahara's name as Senjyogahara, which is kind of weird (it sorta resembles the Japanese government-created Kunrei-shiki romanization system, but doesn't follow it exactly; I can't exactly explain why it bothers me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom