• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coppelion 7

Please stay in that closet Aoi and never come out.

ad1Emjp.jpg

Now she's inside of the closeeeeeeeeeeeet~
She's in the closet tooooooooooo~

Gasp

Sora no Otoshimono is on Netflix! and Subtitled! Wow, surprised that's on there, seems a little on the edgier side for Netflix, but I'm glad.

Only watched about 10 episodes of it before, good to see all 26 available. :D

Word of warning.

Episode 3 has CG much worse than the ones from EP 2

Currently watching it , the cg is a little more bearable if only because things are moving and they are hiding the CG winthin a 2D plan a little better.

In ep 2 it was kinda too obvious , so far it's kinda better ?

Infinite Stratos S2 OVA AKA The 12 minutes they cut out from the first episode

You know after the borefest that was last weeks episode, watching this was actually quite pleasant.

Excluding Britannia's early betrayal, the harem got along well with each other and didn't resort to the violence that usually accompanies them.

Of course, the main draw here is still seeing the girls in their swimsuits and yukata, which were without a doubt, fantastic.

Even Pika-tan managed to make a rare appearance. Sorely miss seeing her since this season began.

Also, that was a nice subtle change to the ending.

Syrinx

Gasp

Sora no Otoshimono is on Netflix! and Subtitled! Wow, surprised that's on there, seems a little on the edgier side for Netflix, but I'm glad.

Only watched about 10 episodes of it before, good to see all 26 available. :D

They used to/do have Girls Bravo (I don't even know with them anymore) which I'd say was way raunchier than what I've seen in Sora no Otoshimono, of which I've seen most of the first season.

They used to/do have Girls Bravo (I don't even know with them anymore) which I'd say was way raunchier than what I've seen in Sora no Otoshimono, of which I've seen most of the first season.

Girls Bravo has raunchier than flying pantsu?
Even if it was pretty funny xD

Never seen it, is that worth watching as I like Sora?

Syrinx

Girls Bravo has raunchier than flying pantsu?
Even if it was pretty funny xD

Never seen it, is that worth watching as I like Sora?

I personally enjoyed GB a lot more, but that's just me.

Episode 13 is specifically what you need to watch for. Makes flying pantsu seem like Sunday School.

Pikachu and Ash have been getting weaker every season all for the sake of "friendship eventually wins the final battle!"

Ash you're a shitty trainer. Red managed to become champion in 4 fucking OVA's.

If there's one thing you gotta give Tokyo Ravens props on, it's how they screwed with harem trope expectations by essentially merging potential love interests into one character in such a creative way.

zeroshiki

Pikachu and Ash have been getting weaker every season all for the sake of "friendship eventually wins the final battle!"

Ash you're a shitty trainer. Red managed to become champion in 4 fucking OVA's.

Ash is the worst trainer ever. Its been 10 years and all he has to show for all his adventures is a Pikachu and some starter Pokemons.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Who the hell still cares about Pikachu now that there's a Dedenne in the show? Superior electric rat.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
the discussions about the way the game operates & the character introspections are far more interesting than the action scenes

They could have explained everything in half the time of the episode. The part about the other guilds, their modus operandi, and the exp pots was interesting. Having him walk around a couple of times wasn't. Just save the kids already.

Jintor

Log Horizon 06

Dat namedrop.

Okay, well, this was pretty much guild politics: the episode with a lot of rambly game mechanics exploration layered on top, but it still held my attention throughout. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread XP pots are a dumb idea, but we'll see where it goes.

I'm still getting a weird level of dissonance regarding the game/real life societal parts of the episode, but I guess they're 100% focused on dealing with the world as-is and not wondering anything about the Apocolypse. Which is weird, but okay I guess?

I mean, I just really like all the characters basically so I'll go along with whatever. And the politics is kind of cool, if also a bit neutered by issue of them talking about MMO terminology all the time and dying being a weird issue cos of respawning.

Syrinx

Sora no Otoshimono 14

Wow. Tomoki just doesn't know when enough is enough. You'd think he'd learn after the last time he got too excited and overloaded the quantum converter. But I guess hardcore perverts and peeping toms don't operate by that logic.

And how does Sohara still want anything to do with this fucker?

Nymph is now on a mission to discover what it is she dreams of and wants for herself. But if it turns out she's dead set on finding a new master anyway, I propose Mikako take on the role. That would be fun.

jgminto

Either read the manga or wait for the show before you watch the OVAs. It doesn't really do justice to all the great characters in part 3.

They're both pretty damn great. Every other JoJo is a buzzkill compared to them except for MAYBE Jolyne, who is pretty much a subdued female Joseph.

I'd put Jo2uke, Johnny & Jolyne on/near Joseph's level and Josuke not far behind.

duckroll

Beyond the Boringness - Episode 7

Awful episode. The only thing I learned here is that KyoAni is telling girls to stop trying to act like they can be fighters and just stay in the kitchen because that's all they're good at.

"Now go make me another sandwich Sakura!"

Gazoinks

Either read the manga or wait for the show before you watch the OVAs. It doesn't really do justice to all the great characters in part 3.

I'd put Jo2uke, Johnny & Jolyne on/near Joseph's level and Josuke not far behind.

^Yes. Johnny and Jolyne beat out Joseph for me. Gappy I don't really know yet. Joseph beats everyone else though.

Awful episode. The only thing I learned here is that KyoAni is telling girls to stop trying to act like they can be fighters and just stay in the kitchen because that's all they're good at.

KyoAni should learn from Tatsunoko. Make the men stay in the kitchen!

duckroll

Honestly, the Jojo manga is pretty hard to read. Especially the earlier stuff. The way the layouts are drawn can make the scene really confusing and hard to decipher. It's just a mess sometimes. The entire mansion fight between Dio and Jojo in Phantom Blood is just visual nonsense in the manga.

Branduil

Honestly, the Jojo manga is pretty hard to read. Especially the earlier stuff. The way the layouts are drawn can make the scene really confusing and hard to decipher. It's just a mess sometimes. The entire mansion fight between Dio and Jojo in Phantom Blood is just visual nonsense in the manga.

I guess the adaptation was faithful, then!

Gazoinks

Yamato 2199 11

AW MAN.
Humans shot first!
This just got more interesting!

Disappointed Melda wasn't added to the crew after all.

Phantom Blood's definitely visually a mess, yeah. Battle Tendency to a considerably lesser degree. After that I didn't really have any trouble.

jgminto

That's because Phantom Blood is ass

Jarmel

Banned

sakura-in-the-kitchen.jpg

Type-Moon outsourcing to KyoAni for Heaven's Feel route confirmed. If only this show came out a year later, we could have had two chef Sakuras on the air at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom