• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
AhjT95n.gif

That doesnt hurt.

Beyond the Boundary 7

KyoAni, what you've just shown us is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever watched. At no point in your rambling, melodramatic episode were you even close to anything that could be considered rational writing. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having watched it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Well thats as great a reason as any!

It's amusing to see those posts next to each other. You certainly won't find a hive mind here!

As someone who doesn't watch the show, I will say it's easier for me to believe dresden's side, since Tachikawa's style of directing seems too serious to easily fit inside a wacky Imaishi show.

more inclined to believe dresden simply because his name's red

While I'm probably late on this, I'm quite surprised that Toriko is going to be on CR now.

I have the show on hold for now while I finish something else. Last episode I watched was episode 14 so I have a long way to go.

cajunator

Banned
I didnt even know there was a darker theme until you guys pointed it out about a month ago. It really hurts my eyes though so I stay away from using it.

Articalys

Kill la Kill ep.7

Okay. A bit predictable after about the halfway point but
the Ryuko vs. Mako fight was pretty good, especially Mako's speech at the end

Samurai Flamenco ep.6

Great. This show definitely took a while to find its groove but it's really on a roll now, even if it is slowly killing Manglobe.

Galilei Donna ep.6

Haha, just kidding, I told you all I was dropping this trash and I stuck to my word.

Toward the Terra 3

Despite the clumsiness of the visuals - poor drawings, bland backgrounds, the most weightless CG ships ever - there's some good storyboarding at times that justifies the visual presentation of the story. Jomy's interrogation is an example of that, where the use of the reflection in his eye emphasized the illusionary nature of what was being done to him together with the truth struggling to reassert itself. It was solid storytelling.

Samurai Flamenco - 6

This entire episode was unabashedly goofy, and I loved it. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but it looked better than the past couple of episodes (which isn't saying much, since the last two episodes looked horrible).

Masayoshi
getting an endorsement from a stationery company and becoming Senjougahara in episode 1 of Bakemonogatari getting weaponized office supplies
is so ridiculous, but it was hilarious. It could've been incredibly stupid, but it actually worked somehow. I do like how he's slowly turning into more and more of a superhero, even though it's more in the vein of Batman. But that's okay, because I like Batman. Of course, Batman has actual supervillains to fight, so it's probably more like Kick-Ass, but I've never read Kick-Ass, nor have I seen either film. I just know what it's about.

Mizuki continues to be my favorite member of MMM. I'm glad she and Moe are getting more screentime. By the way, is it just me, or does Moe always sound like she's high as fuck whenever she speaks?

And now Mari is convinced Goto is dating Masayoshi because he turned her down.

The show's definitely hit its stride now, and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite thing this season. Possibly even better than Kyousougiga for me, yes. Although I'm a couple episodes behind on that.

Nordicus

Golden Time 7

[
Loved the idea of her parents being like "Wait, you want to date my daughter. Oh god I'm so sorry I hope she doesn't ruin your life."
Before she said that, it seemed to me that Koko had something in her house that she wanted to hide.
Still might be the case, but that really does sound like a thing Koko's parents would say. Also, am I the only one slightly creeped out by Koko saying how they might each get poisoned a la Romeo and Juliet?

And the mention of the dog who died while waiting for its master?

Koko doesn't fuck around, she's inching towards being a complete yandere

In the end, another nice episode. I'm yet again a bit confused about what's going to happen next, and I like that feeling in this anime's case. Because whatever it is, it's likely going to be good.

MORE NANA PLEASE!

I think I figured out what my boredom with Kill La Kill is, besides when it's not doing action and it's trying too hard to make me laugh with Mako.

My biggest issue is that nobody is wearing Kamina glasses. Also, sexy sensei isn't a bigger character.

I think I figured out what my boredom with Kill La Kill is, besides when it's not doing action and it's trying too hard to make me laugh with Mako.

My biggest issue is that nobody is wearing Kamina glasses. Also, sexy sensei isn't a bigger character.

I don't think there's enough screen space if sexy sensei was a bigger character.

cnet128

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata 7

I actually kind of enjoyed this episode. I don't think it was actually particularly good, but I enjoyed it a fair amount. Maybe I've just got used to lowering my standards for this series.

I strongly predict Nudist Beach as a whole will have a bigger presence in the series as the story progresses, so just wait.

I strongly predict Nudist Beach as a whole will have a bigger presence in the series as the story progresses, so just wait.

Unless everybody else gets killed and sexy sensei has to save the world with his majestic shining abs I d-

oh god what has anime done to me. What is said in animeGAF stays there.

cajunator

Banned

Shows without Kamina glasses far outwiegh shows with them and thats just sad.

mhs004

Whenever someone mentions Toriko nowadays, I can't help but remember this cover and just lose it.

cisq3ctynfw6xku5x.jpg

SO GODDAMN MANLY!!

People are probably going to hate but I think Toriko is the best shonen right now. Better than OP, Naruto, Bleach, and even HxH.

Toward the Terra 4

Wow, Soldier is getting killed off already? I had thought he would have a little more time as a secondary protagonist, but apparently not.

It's interesting to see how the Mu, despite being a peaceful people, have their own prejudices and snap judgements. In that sense they aren't that much different from the humans who persecute them.

Samurai Flamenco 6
Pretty damn good. Now we finally get gadgets and Flamenco girl gets rejected. Also, that last second scene was humorous

This show is legit awesome. Fino is adorable as hell.
Unfortunately every girl has boobs that are way too big :/

Anime is about extremes lol

Either they're too big and the male protagonist can't stop staring at them, or they have no breasts and the male character can't stop making flat jokes.

Though the best flat jokes imho were in Baka Test where in one episode she literally transformed into a giant washboard haha

Nordicus

Also, because it's a thing I do to report R1 anime acquisitions, Maiden Japan picks up 2007 VN adaptation Myself;Yourself.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-14/maiden-japan-adds-myself-yourself-tv-anime
God, I don't remember much about that show anymore except
mountain of letters that were never answered, several suicide attempts, and how the accusations of incest were getting so tough for the twins to handle that they had to move away

So yeah, it was kinda dark I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom