• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Oh you crazy folks getting PS4 at launch. It isn't out yet where I am (and in fact, since I'll probably be importing a Japanese version, I wouldn't be able to get it for a few months either way), but even when it does come out I'm not planning on getting one right off the bat. Imma wait until it actually has software I care about and stuff.

Though I do admit I have a bit of healthy gamer-lust for the hardware. But still.

Valvrave 18

Ahahahahaha great episode. This is the kind of crazy drama I like to see from Valvrave.
Haruto's mad scientist father
is a wonderful character and just what this series needed, and it's great to see
L-Elf finally reunited with his beloved Lieselotte. I hope he does succeed in "abducting" her, since everything is better with moar princesses.

MEGANEBU! Episode 6 – MR
BZJR9aeCQAA4RxA.png

Lorenzo for the best one. I like this HIma Council and hope they stick around in the remaining episodes, could have a larger role. Otherwise just the same typical things we love about Meganebu! continuing to chug along.

It's crazy to think that Hyouka was only last year. KyoAni has already done four different shows since Hyouka with another slotted next season and then I think Tamako S2 was rumored too?

The fact that all four have been varying shades of boring or just plain bad isn't helping matters.

A whole second season? :( I thought it was just an OVA.

Mature

Macross- 1
Great to see more people picking up this show— especially to see some impressions of where the series goes. Looks like we just need Jexhius to occasionally do an explanation of an elaborate scene in Macross every once in awhile to drum up enthusiasm.

cnet128

Banned
Great to see more people picking up this show— especially to see some impressions of where the series goes. Looks like we just need Jexhius to occasionally do an explanation of an elaborate scene in Macross every once in awhile to drum up enthusiasm.

For what it's worth, Macross has a firm place on my list of Shows I Totally Need To Watch At Some Point.

...There are quite a few shows on this list. Someday, when I find enough time to actually watch things that aren't currently airing (and get through the rest of Precure...), I'm going to have a lot of awesome stuff to work my way through.

And speaking of awesome stuff,

Kill la Kill 7

HOLY YES MAKO YOU ARE AMAZING. BEST EPISODE.

It was obvious it was never going to happen, but I kind of wish
the family could have just gone back down to their first, reasonably-well-off lifestyle upgrade instead of being dropped all the way back down into the gutter. That house looked like a nice place to live.

...Can Ryuuko at least keep her new pyjamas that actually fit? >.>

CorvoSol

I think it's dead.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I know you're probably right.

Jexhius had to do an elaborate explanation after I'd started watching because I'm dumb.

Shin Mazinger Z 6

I tell you it is not legal for a show to be so good when it is technically doing a breather episode. Man I'm enjoying this thing, though. Super Robot Anime at its best here, folks.

Pokemon Origins 1 (DubWatch)
Oh hey, there can be budget for Pokemon cartoons, turns out this was a LA dub (JYB was Brock, Kyle Hebert is Prof. Oak and there's word out that Bryce Papenbrook was Red). They didn't have whoever did Charmander do a "OH SHIT HE'S BITING MY THROAT OUT" scream (The bite was there for all to see but it was one short scream and then struggling sounds) but I can't tell if that's for censorship purposes or "not have the VA's voice go out on him/her on Ep 1" reasons.

Kinda wish if they had the means to tone down throatgate they would mix in the GB Sounds for the save menu but eh, life is life.

Not worth re-watching then.

Uchouten Kazoku 5

cE85V76.jpg

Yasaburo daruma is adorable.

Somehow I can't finish an episode with dry eyes. It's impressive how this series can nail both comedic antics - Yasabuto's hot pot battle with Hosoi - and a bittersweet atmosphere of je ne sais quoi - Benten gazing up at the moon. The familiar yet strange nature of the magical realism - even something so simple as the drinks lowered to Benten and Yasaburo via a conveyance - ties the whole thing together into one odd gem.

The animation was below the norm, due to being outsourced to Sakura Create, but the episode still looked good. The backgrounds never fail to impress:

B0xaIig.jpg

I love the angles and the light earthy browns of the wood.

Diabolik Lovers Episode 8
tumblr_mwbnu3EgYy1scr8d9o1_500.gif

It felt like one of the most well done cutscene moments in a game, the music was excellent and greatly complemented the action on screen with Cordelia as she was fleeing from Yours Truly. He had such a wonderful moment there savoring the blood, love it. The rest though was quite good until the end.
Though Subaru could hold back but even he gave in to Yui. Wonder what is his mothers story behind the locked tower and how he is implicated in with Laito, Kanato, and Ayato

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 7

So it seems like Musashi and Ryo are starting to work together, but then again, it could just be that their shared desire to bone Michiru is what is leading them to do these things. Hayato also wants to bone Michiru, but he's a COLOSSAL DOUCHEBAG so he can't be a team player yet. They have to rely on him anyway to help fight Sonic the Hedgehog, but in the end Musashi gets to be the hero when he clobbers two Mechasaurs in one go and saves all of New York, er, Hong Kong, no um, Tokyo from the giant monsters.

ALSO IN THIS EPISODE: Ryo admits that he thinks that Hayato has a sexy body!

Lain

Kill la Kill 7

Finally, the Mako episode where there is a lot of Mako to make us all Mako.
The only downside is that Mako wasn't as Mako as I'd like, but still, she had enough screen-time.

Valvrave 18

I see this show still has some more to give in the absurdity department. It's actually amazing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill la Kill

Marathoned through 7 episodes today. The costume are silly and the and the action is absurd and I'm loving it. I was worried that it was going to turn into Ryuko just destroying everyone left and right after she got the second form of the suit but it's nice to see her lose every now and again.

Uchouten Kazoku 6

"If I'm going to die anyway, I might as well let my death nourish someone else's life." I can see the merit in this philosophy.

That interesting conversation about the relationship between the eater and the eaten was bookended by two incredibly beautiful scenes featuring Benten. She seems to be at the heart of the show's most evocative scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom