• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
the S.A.V.E green borders are trully the second worst thing that happened to anime localisation in the last decade.

worst thing ever ?
the one piece 4kids dub.

SAVE is terrible diarrhea shit. Dont ever buy the SAVE sets.

Kill la Kill

Marathoned through 7 episodes today. The costume are silly and the and the action is absurd and I'm loving it. I was worried that it was going to turn into Ryuko just destroying everyone left and right after she got the second form of the suit but it's nice to see her lose every now and again.

Your avatar is goddamned glorious. Just sayin.

Narag

Kill La Kill 7

Best episode so far. Not just because it was Makocentric either. Felt like events could be properly appreciated and digested instead of rushing into the next bit of action or silly joke.

Narag

Oh boy, dis gon b gud

HZZcClkl.jpg

Super Seisyun Brothers Episode 9
BZJyfK3CAAAFLTy.png

They make him look so pretty always. Anyway he did bring up a nice point at the end that made me start to get caught up in the emotions. Always something that does make school life stories hit home and get characters to grow somewhat and what not.
Chika realizing how important Mao is to him and just the short time they have left and their future plans. I hope it follows a few other series I read in which one goes to university close by and he goes to either stay with him and work or stay near enough to constantly visit him. It would be nice and the least sad outcome

Infinite Stratos S2 7

hclftp9.jpg

jake.gif

OMG Houki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That entire first half with her and Ichika at the photo shoot was excellent.

And the scene with them walking together afterwards was absolutely sweet as well.

Poor Laura though.

But that's her punishment for not knowing big sis Chifuyu was around to protect her dense little brother.

Bombless

Gallilei Donne 1-6

Episode 5 can go fuck itself.
Sobbed like a little kid.

Didn't notice the first episodes but it's gradually getting darker. Will continue watching.

Articalys

Outbreak Company ep.7

Well, that was a fun game of "spot the anime reference/ripoff". Except for the Milky Homes stuff, because Suzuko Mimori. And of course the culmination of it all being
the parody of the "It's been five years" AoT scene, complete with fake-Sawano music
, which had me collapsed in laughter.

Episode was pretty good overall.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 7

Love this show. I can see what people meant about the pacing being perhaps a little fast this episode - certainly there were a lot of things happening quickly one after another, which may have slightly lessened the impact of the big development of
Banri and Kouko finally getting together, woo!
, but honestly I thought it worked really well. This show just kind of sweeps you along in its pace and each scene is a joy to watch. If I hadn't seen people mentioning it on here beforehand, I probably wouldn't have even noticed that there was anything unusual about this episode's pacing.

As expected,
having Kouko as a girlfriend doesn't exactly seem like a stress-free experience, and I salute Banri's ability to take all her excesses in his stride. The two of them really are pretty perfect for each other. Now get booking that ticket to Paris! XD

Meanwhile on the less all-Kouko-all-the-time side of things,
Linda's friend Nana-senpai is pretty amazing XD She doesn't exactly mess about, does she? And though Banri didn't recognise her, I get the feeling this isn't strictly the first time they've met...she has to be the same person as the singer back at that concert they went to after Kouko got rejected by Mitsuo, right?

And now that things seem to have just about settled down for Banri, it looks like we're about to get some drama of some sort from Mitsuo next episode. Hopefully this means some kind of progress incoming in his status with Chinami. Lord knows the guy could do with some luck.

cnet128

Banned
Dammit, Hummingbird seems to be broken. Every time I try to login, it assures me I've logged in successfully but just keeps loading the not-logged-in versions of pages, so I can't update my watchlist at all. I've tried it in two different browsers on two different internet connections, and same deal on both, so it must be the site just being screwy. As if Hummingbird wasn't annoying enough already.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Golden Time 7

Dang this show really is moving at a fast pace. Still pretty cliche at times but the dynamics not only between Banri and Koko but the whole
Linda-Koko-Banri-Yana-Oka
love polygon is really cool.
Poor 2D-kun. I know your pain.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 7

Dang this show really is moving at a fast pace. Still pretty cliche at times but the dynamics not only between Banri and Koko but the whole
Linda-Koko-Banri-Yana-Oka
love polygon is really cool.
Poor 2D-kun. I know your pain.

...Yeah, 2D-kun is nakama. ;_;

Dammit, Hummingbird seems to be broken. Every time I try to login, it assures me I've logged in successfully but just keeps loading the not-logged-in versions of pages, so I can't update my watchlist at all. I've tried it in two different browsers on two different internet connections, and same deal on both, so it must be the site just being screwy. As if Hummingbird wasn't annoying enough already.

Thanks for the warning. Considered updating it as per weekly schedule but I forgot.

One day that site won't attempt to kill my laptop.

Mature

Star Driver episode 1

Well this show reminds me vaguely of Utena. Time to start watching this.
Hope you liked the formula!

Uchouten Kazoku 5

Somehow I can't finish an episode with dry eyes. It's impressive how this series can nail both comedic antics - Yasabuto's hot pot battle with Hosoi - and a bittersweet atmosphere of je ne sais quoi - Benten gazing up at the moon. The familiar yet strange nature of the magical realism - even something so simple as the drinks lowered to Benten and Yasaburo via a conveyance - ties the whole thing together into one odd gem.
Ugh, I was the same way. Every episode of The Eccentric Family is a delight on several levels.

Branduil

I'll never understand why KyoAni refuses to license Hyouka for the west in any form, but then I'll never understand why they've inflicted all this crap on us lately either.

Theonik

I'll never understand why KyoAni refuses to license Hyouka for the west in any form, but then I'll never understand why they've inflicted all this crap on us lately either.
I don't think KyoAni is refusing to license it. More likely is licensors are cheap.

Shit, same thing for me.

Well, I wanna watch episodes 4 and 5 of Kyousougiga tonight. I always feel weird if I can't update my watchlist, though. I guess I could go to MAL and update everything to how it is now (I haven't logged into MAL in roughly two months), but I assume this problem will probably be fixed sometime tomorrow (I hope).

mhs004

Okay guys I have a question. I just got my friend into anime. So far we have watched or are watching AoT, Champloo, and Kill la Kill, his favorite being Aot. Would FMA Brootherhood be a good thing for him to watch next?

cnet128

Banned
Wait what is this about? Is some company lifting images from other anime and putting them in its shows?

Outbreak Company is all about an otaku introducing anime/manga to a parallel world, so it contains a metric ton of incredibly thinly-veiled references to other series. Even the character profiles that it uses as eyecatches list specific favourite series for every character, which are invariably real series with the names slightly adjusted.

Okay guys I have a question. I just got my friend into anime. So far we have watched or are watching AoT, Champloo, and Kill la Kill, his favorite being Aot. Would FMA Brootherhood be a good thing for him to watch next?

Without a doubt.

And then go for Hunter x Hunter and JoJo!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
A couple choice not-quite-animes from the latest Outbreak Company:

So the entire industry perpetually cannibalizing itself with slightly-retooled characters, premises, and narratives separated by only the barest minimum necessary degree of distinction? That seems pretty true to life to me.

CorvoSol

Throw everything out of the window and then watch The Big O. It's like Batman, except healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom