• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
There's an unconfirmed rumor out now that Jojo Pt3 will air in Spring 2014

AW HELLS YEAH! :D Kind of expected since this is when the reair will be concluding, but still excellent news.

and that they're doing their own casting for it independent of the Jojo All-Stars game, so the VA will be different and it'll be announced at Jump Festa in Dec.

AW HELLS NAW! D: I hope this rumour turns out to be complete bullshit, because the casting in ASB was great and CONSISTENCY IS IMPORTANT GAIS.

Ono Daisuke as Jotaro is amazing and should not be touched, but more importantly, changing the cast for Part 3 would greatly increase the chances that they'll change the cast for later Parts if and when they materialise, too. Which would mean no most-perfect-voices-imaginable for Josuke and his bro in Part 4, and no Miyukichi (complete with greatest ORAORAORA ever uttered) for Jolene in Part 6. AND THAT WOULD BE A CRIME.

The Jojo rumor I posted earlier about Stardust Crusaders being Spring 2014 has been confirmed by someone with the latest Ultra Jump: http://9gal.com/read.php?tid=417705

Tokyo MX will also be broadcasting compilation specials for Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency next year. The main focus for Stardust Crusaders will be the action in the Stand battles, so hopefully they actually have animation this time. Like how they went from Phantom Blood to Battle Tendency, there will also be a visual tone shift in Stardust Crusaders making it unique and different. They also mention wanting to do something "new" without ruining the established concept of Jojo.

Fuck, if this means the "new cast" rumour is confirmed I will hit something. Interesting how the actual confirmed leak doesn't mention anything about a complete cast renewal, though - maybe the initial leaker got the wrong end of the stick, and it's still possible that they'll be sticking to the ASB voices at least for the most part, with the cast announcement at Jump Festa just being a confirmation of what we already knew (and/or reveals for less major characters that didn't appear voiced in ASB...if there even are any of those?)

I WANT TO BELIEVE

AW HELLS NAW! D: I hope this rumour turns out to be complete bullshit, because the casting in ASB was great and CONSISTENCY IS IMPORTANT GAIS.

Ono Daisuke as Jotaro is amazing and should not be touched, but more importantly, changing the cast for Part 3 would greatly increase the chances that they'll change the cast for later Parts if and when they materialise, too. Which would mean no most-perfect-voices-imaginable for Josuke and his bro in Part 4, and no Miyukichi (complete with greatest ORAORAORA ever uttered) for Jolene in Part 6. AND THAT WOULD BE A CRIME.

If there's no Miyukichi when/if they get to Part 6 then I will be disappointed forever.

Theonik

So anyway, here's that Saber & Deedlit picture by Takeuchi, from Comptiq, via yande.re. Click through to a larger resolution.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

If there's no Miyukichi when/if they get to Part 6 then I will be disappointed forever.
Sexy voice Miyakichi for Jolyne Kujo. You know it must be so.

How did you get that? Wasnt it only available with the discs?

Well....fuck.

The OST appears to be a standalone 3-disc limited edition set, and the first pressing may be sold out (at least on CDJapan).
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%AE%87%E5%AE%99%E5%85%84%E5%BC%9F-ORIGINAL-SOUNDTRACK-TV%E3%82%B5%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9/dp/B00F93N8CU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384620340&sr=8-1&keywords=4534530070395
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7965

And yes, I hope a lot of what Bandai Ent. never released and/or finished is picked up in both anime and manga fronts.

Mature

I'll say, though- the show completely failed to engage me on a dramatic level. I found it rather hard to care for the characters, especially due to the obtuse storytelling and direction the show likes to use. But episode 10, directed by no other than Ohira himself, is a treat. I actually watched the series just to see that episode.
I'm sort of on the same page regarding the direction. I was hoping it might eventually level out a bit, but if pretty much stays the same, maybe I'll just skip to episode 10.

pffffffff, so not only did they add more showings in the city, they are 3 weeks earlier and at a better location than the ones they first announced. Thanks, Aniplex.

Yes that was an extremely memorable part of the series. I wish it was so short. WIll you be reading the manga once finishing up the anime?

Most likely, probably.

Makoto got so much love for his birthday.

All that merchandise.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's no unshitting that bed, so get ready for ten episodes of truly awful endgame with Mana being Cure Christ as she beatifically makes effort after selfless effort to save Regina from her sins. Expect to hear the phrases "torimodose", "ai no chikara", "todokeru", "mamoru", and "minna no egao" frequently.

Ideally, the final episode ends with King Jikochu killing everyone only for Sailor Moon to appear and kill him with her weakest attack.
Amazing. lol

Tayutama 5-6
Entertaining, but still seems pretty mediocre. It seems like they are making all the heroines have some relation to the gods. It seems its switching between serious and silly each episode.

duckroll

What's the point? Saving money using cheaper VAs?

Because the anime is the anime and the game is the game? It's not like the anime staff had any input in the casting for the game, so I guess they don't want to be restricted to someone else's creative choices. They want to hold their own auditions and casting sessions to find a voice cast they're happy with for the show they're making. I don't see how it doesn't make sense.

It's no different from how lots of anime adaptations choose not to use the same cast as previous drama CDs for the same manga, or how FMA recast the entire supporting cast when they remade it, even though it was the same studio. The game didn't use the voice cast from the Jojo OVAs either.

BlazBlue Episode 6: False World
tumblr_mw79f1Lxhe1qegfwuo5_250.png

Jin had excellent moments
though that moment when he was stabbed I was about to quit the anime even. How could they kill him off first? Fortunately, I guess the staff knew how great he is and decided to let us redo that part and avoid such a bad end. I did chuckle when they went by and it seemed a few of the characters knew memories had been altered from this shift.

Art can be pretty wonky, a few times Jin's face was rather drawn weirdly :(

jman2050

Alright, time for Lolimonogatari final--

Dear DAISUKI.net users

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the new episodes of our simulcast series (the pending VALVRAVE episode, today's Monogatari Series Second Season and Magi 2) have to be postponed due to system problems.
Once the problems have been fixed, we will announce it in our news.

arnold-stare-o7puhk.gif

cajunator

Banned
That's because Yes is the best.

Yes

Ei Aoki (Fate/Zero's director) is directing a new anime at a new studio http://troyca.jp/

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4573401.html

This is quite promising. I really enjoyed Fate Zero.

Welp. At bare minimum, the new F/SN will be better than the Deen version.

Even as a fan of Deen, another studio could easily do a better job of it.

Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? is getting a TV anime. Directed by Hiroyuki Hashimoto at WHITE FOX, series composition by Kazuyuki Fudeyasu and character designs by Yousuke Okuda.

http://ieee80211abgn.blog58.fc2.com/blog-entry-3007.html

Well, I'm sold!

LordCanti

Samumenco 06

Yessss, yesssss. Feed me with your stupidity. Inject it directly in my veeeeeeinnnnnnnnnsssssss.

A crazy scientist toiling away on "legal" office supply weapons/gadgets? Yessssssssssss.
Flamenco Girl trying to get dat popo D? Yessssssssss.
Flamenco Girls out of nowhere with no explanation? Fan. Tastic.

Alright, time for Lolimonogatari final--

I'm also proper gutted.

Gazoinks

Samumenco 06

Yessss, yesssss. Feed me with your stupidity. Inject it directly in my veeeeeeinnnnnnnnnsssssss.

A crazy scientist toiling away on "legal" office supply weapons/gadgets? Yessssssssssss.

Y'know, when I started this series I expected it to be a down-to-earth show about two men's definition of justice, framed by a superhero theme. I was wrong.

cajunator

Banned
Samumenco 06

I'm also proper gutted.

So it appears to be a bit more than just Japanese Kick
Ass.

LordCanti

Y'know, when I started this series I expected it to be a down-to-earth show about two men's definition of justice, framed by a superhero theme. I was wrong.

It's so off the rails that I just want it to keep getting more absurd. I want a "super" villain that is completely jank next; Spying on girls toilets, jaywalking, not paying his taxes, etc.

So it appears to be a bit more than just Japanese Kick
Ass.

Mmmm...it's still basically a Japanese Kick-Ass.

duckroll

I learned things about SamFlam today. Frightening things. I think some people are going to be -really- happy with the next episode. Lol.

LordCanti

I learned things about SamFlam today. Frightening things. I think some people are going to be -really- happy with the next episode. Lol.

Please tell me that Goto-san is really
a nutter with a fake girlfriend and that he'll soon break bad and start droppin fools.

duckroll

Well, I really don't like posting pre-screening spoilers, but since I'm part of the problem now and I've read them and I teased them in the thread, I guess I'll spill the beans for those who want to know. Anyone talking about them or replying/reacting to the spoilers should probably spoiler tag everything so those who aren't contaminated yet can ignore them if they want to.

Warning! Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 spoilers!

Apparently in the second half of the episode, it goes completely superhero with Samurai Flamenco teaming up with Goto when some guy transforms into a monster called Guillotine Gorilla. It's not a one-off either, since at the end of the episode they reveal King Torture - the leader of the evil organization behind it. The next few episodes will be about Tokusatsu monster dudes attacking Japan, and Samurai Flamenco and the Flamenco Girls have to team up and get real. Loooooooooool.

Gazoinks

Well, I really don't like posting pre-screening spoilers, but since I'm part of the problem now and I've read them and I teased them in the thread, I guess I'll spill the beans for those who want to know. Anyone talking about them or replying/reacting to the spoilers should probably spoiler tag everything so those who aren't contaminated yet can ignore them if they want to.

Apparently in the second half of the episode, it goes completely superhero with Samurai Flamenco teaming up with Goto when some guy transforms into a monster called Guillotine Gorilla. It's not a one-off either, since at the end of the episode they reveal Doctor Torture - the leader of the evil organization behind it. The next few episodes will be about Tokusatsu monster dudes attacking Japan, and Samurai Flamenco and the Flamenco Girls have to team up and get real. Loooooooooool.

THIS SHOW IS APPARENTLY GOING IN THE EXACT OPPOSITE DIRECTION I THOUGHT IT WAS. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad.

This is the real reason I'm worried about the recasting. In the chance that a Stone Ocean anime gets made, I want Miyukichi as Jolyne. Badly. While I haven't played ASB yet (waiting for the Western release), the videos I've seen of Jolyne show that she does an amazing job as her.

duckroll

Sorry, there was a typo in the spoilers. I fixed it lol.

THIS SHOW IS APPARENTLY GOING IN THE EXACT OPPOSITE DIRECTION I THOUGHT IT WAS. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad.

Yeah it's not exactly what I was expecting either, but I think the show has done a really good job of shifting from the mundane into the insane. The character interactions and motivations still feel very down to Earth, but everything they actually end up doing is more and more over the top, and indicative of mental shortcomings. It's a really interesting show, lol.

Apparently in the second half of the episode, it goes completely superhero with Samurai Flamenco teaming up with Goto when some guy transforms into a monster called Guillotine Gorilla. It's not a one-off either, since at the end of the episode they reveal King Torture - the leader of the evil organization behind it. The next few episodes will be about Tokusatsu monster dudes attacking Japan, and Samurai Flamenco and the Flamenco Girls have to team up and get real. Loooooooooool.

Lol, this is perfect. Show's going full toku, and I love it.

Gazoinks

Sorry, there was a typo in the spoilers. I fixed it lol.

Yeah it's not exactly what I was expecting either, but I think the show has done a really good job of shifting from the mundane into the insane. The character interactions and motivations still feel very down to Earth, but everything they actually end up doing is more and more over the top, and indicative of mental shortcomings. It's a really interesting show, lol.

Yeah, it's definitely got an interesting dynamic on that front. It makes it almost play like a more exagerrated version of a standard superhero story, pointing out the contrast between the masks and the people behind them.

Andrew J.

From up on Poppy Hill

I was worried that a Ghibli film without any fantasy/adventure elements would be dull, especially given Goro's reputation, but the drama was genuinely engaging.

That clubhouse is a masterful example of investing a location with a sense of character and atmosphere.

I suppose this is is the best fauxcest anime ever made, if only by default.

LordCanti

Samurai Flamenco 07 Leak Discussion

That's the kind of crazy I was hoping for. I mean, not exactly the type of crazy, but still. What a trainwreck.

Spoiler tag all leak discussion or posts will vanish. >_<

I didn't spoil anything though O_O

I don't think its fair to people who don't want to be spoiled to see reactions to leaks. It makes it harder to avoid knowing anything at all.

Aah, makes sense.

Rather excited, although considering the tone, it does sound like it's a shift from how things are, but I'm still not sure how the entire episode plays out to even say that.

Other than that, Precures helping the main lead goooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom