• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log Horizon 07

More reasons we should get a Food Smut adaptation.

I really like seeing this plan take action. It's very interesting and I am already wanting to see the next episode.

Mature

From up on Poppy Hill

I was worried that a Ghibli film without any fantasy/adventure elements would be dull, especially given Goro's reputation, but the drama was genuinely engaging.

That clubhouse is a masterful example of investing a location with a sense of character and atmosphere.

I suppose this is is the best fauxcest anime ever made, if only by default.
I got the opportunity to see in this in a theater. Liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Really want to get that BD.

Gazoinks

White Album 2 07

Aw.
Love triangle is going to be in full swing now, obviously. Poor Touma. Haruki doesn't seem to think of her romantically at all, just admires her as a friend. I liked Setsuna making the first move on Haruki. Now... the moment of truth is upon us: Will this show handle its love triangle drama as well as it's handled everything else so far?

The first half of this episode was basically a combination music video/recap.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 7

It's weird that there wasn't any
overtime
. Rest of the episode was the
beginning of the flashback on how Seirin basketball club was formed. I believe the next episode will finish that story.

Qs816qP.jpg
vQBPK20.jpg

Strike the Blood 7

Yep, Sayaka is definitely the Tsun in Kojou's ever growing harem.

NeonZ

Well, I really don't like posting pre-screening spoilers, but since I'm part of the problem now and I've read them and I teased them in the thread, I guess I'll spill the beans for those who want to know. Anyone talking about them or replying/reacting to the spoilers should probably spoiler tag everything so those who aren't contaminated yet can ignore them if they want to.

Warning! Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 spoilers!

Apparently in the second half of the episode, it goes completely superhero with Samurai Flamenco teaming up with Goto when some guy transforms into a monster called Guillotine Gorilla. It's not a one-off either, since at the end of the episode they reveal King Torture - the leader of the evil organization behind it. The next few episodes will be about Tokusatsu monster dudes attacking Japan, and Samurai Flamenco and the Flamenco Girls have to team up and get real. Loooooooooool.

Huh... I might actually pick the show back now.

I was initially hoping that it'd go full crazy super hero from the early promo pictures, but I also liked the initial premise of the actual series. However, the introduction of the girls, who seemed very over the top compared to everything else in the show, kind of annoyed me and seemed to hurt what the initial episodes were doing. So, I had stopped watching the show in the last couple of weeks... but now that they're going full super hero I guess they aren't a problem anymore.

Gazoinks

Did you notice how the episode used no music until the ED song at the very end? That made the whole experience even more painful and raw.

One of the most memorable aspects of the show as a whole for me is the way they brought in the ED each time. The episodes inevitably end in various bad places and then you hear that disjointed singing slowly fading in and it really enhances the effect.

thenexus6

I recently finished Persona 4: The Animation I thought it was pretty good, never played any of the games always wanted to play 4 especially. Awesome music in that series.

Currently working through Sword Art Online, on episode 12 it's good so far, heard many things about it taking a turn for the worst about half way through but not reached that far yet..

After looking at starting both Attack on Titan (hype, hype, hype) and Bakuman (got all 20 volumes and very much enjoyed it all)

Also can people recommend me some freaky, thriller, horror, gory anime please?

Beyond the Boundary Episode 7 - Color of Clouds
BZOFhMxIgAAdTQo.jpg

Well I thought the screen capture on ps4 was limited to just the menu and selection but even in episode on crunchyroll app is nice...now if they could work on the quality. For episode it had many moments of comedy and joy, particularly Akkey and Hiromi and even one of Mirai
when she stumbles in the house when Sakura is there and says that line about Akkey's wasite being more than hot for Hiromi, best thing all episode since the Nekkid Salarymen

The action still feels dull, something needs to spice it up.

cajunator

Banned
So anyway, here's that Saber & Deedlit picture by Takeuchi, from Comptiq, via yande.re. Click through to a larger resolution.

Thanks!

The OST appears to be a standalone 3-disc limited edition set, and the first pressing may be sold out (at least on CDJapan).
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%AE%87%E5%AE%99%E5%85%84%E5%BC%9F-ORIGINAL-SOUNDTRACK-TV%E3%82%B5%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9/dp/B00F93N8CU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384620340&sr=8-1&keywords=4534530070395
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7965

And yes, I hope a lot of what Bandai Ent. never released and/or finished is picked up in both anime and manga fronts.

Ive been looking for these. Too bad theyre sold out :(

I recently finished Persona 4: The Animation I thought it was pretty good, never played any of the games always wanted to play 4 especially. Awesome music in that series.

Currently working through Sword Art Online, on episode 12 it's good so far, heard many things about it taking a turn for the worst about half way through but not reached that far yet..

After looking at starting both Attack on Titan (hype, hype, hype) and Bakuman (got all 20 volumes and very much enjoyed it all)

Shiki, it is slow-paced though. I think it is good in spite of its pace though.

space bros 82

Must suck to have a family and be a space man. and that ending twist. expected.

not sure if mentioned but i really love the endings of this show.

Nice on Bakuman, anime is amazing and really had great music (OST and songs chosen) as well as actually good pacing and perfections choices for voices (Nanamine for one, and Yuki Kaji there too). Only had one criticism and that was one arc not being animated. But them actually giving voices to characters in the in manga manga and some anime ops for stuff in the manga was one of the highest points of the anime.

CorvoSol

Dual!! Parallel Trouble Adventures 11

This was actually a really sweet episode. If I was ten years younger I'd've eaten this stuff up, and it is no wonder that people in the Mecha OT called this one of their favorites. Mitsuki and Kazuki finally got some time together, which was some great development for her, and the break from our usual adventures did not last longer than an episode, which is good. It was also nice to see Sanada and Rara work together.

Hajime no Ippo Rising 7

Sawamura arrives, and he means business!
How he hasn't had his license revoked is beyond me.
The music is still dumb, I mean holy shit, lyrics for the final scene... that make it sound like I'm watching a fucking Halloween special. Jesus christ, they're making light of Sawamura's character.

Takamura is such a dork though, but that's what we love him for!

Andrew J.

Yamato 2199 08

Whoa, there's a Garmillas general nicknamed the "Space Wolf"? Earth is fucked now if Leman Russ is going after it.

Desler doesn't actually seem so bad in this episode, relatively speaking. He respects his opponents, he shut up some blabbermouths, he helped out Schultz's family...I honestly expected him to have them all executed.

Coppelion Episode 7 - Haruto -
tumblr_mw9bz6nmBy1r37x8yo1_500.png

Stunning episode for Haruto, having Ibara out of commission for a bit allowed us to take in Haruto fully in all his glorious ways. Great skills and truly the personality needed in a cleanup crew
Disappointed we needed Sisters in this and that plan going all weird because of the pregnant lady. Id rather time was spent on the Sarcophagus issue. Which in speaking of, how did they even construct it in the first place if it is so dangerous that even people in hazmat suits cant even get close. I guess robots is a simple solution maybe, but then that is a huge construction issue that is probably beyond the scope of a robot capability.

mhs004

I would never have expected it but I have seen alot of anime fans at my college, University of Arkansas. I'm a sophomore and as I've looked in just around a year it's popularity has boomed here. I've seen random people watching it in halls, in lunchrooms, talking about it in and out off class. Hell I've gotten some people you would never expect to like anime into it like musicians and jocks. Makes me happy.

Andrew J.

Yamato 2199 09

We gettin' a little Ghost in the Shell up in here.

This has been the most emoting Akira's done up to now.

Of course Sanada takes the "humans are moist robots" view.

cajunator

Banned
New anime came in. Looking forward to Wolf Children and One Piece:Strong World
BZOO9C-IYAA6LVD.jpg

Nice pick ups!

I would never have expected it but I have seen alot of anime fans at my college, University of Arkansas. I'm a sophomore and as I've looked in just around a year it's popularity has boomed here. I've seen random people watching it in halls, in lunchrooms, talking about it in and out off class. Hell I've gotten some people you would never expect to like anime into it like musicians and jocks. Makes me happy.

Anime is popular down south in general it seems like. Popular here too.
Possibly because of ADV and Funimation being located around Houston.

Quasar

Log Horizon 07

More reasons we should get a Food Smut adaptation.

I really like seeing this plan take action. It's very interesting and I am already wanting to see the next episode.

Wonder where its going.
Buying the whole guildhouse building?

White Album 2 #7 - Nice. This is all going to end in tears for poor Setsuna. I think less of Haruki too I think.

Gazoinks

Wonder where its going.
Buying the whole guildhouse building?

White Album 2 #7 - Nice. This is all going to end in tears for poor Setsuna. I think less of Haruki too I think.

(Log Horizon)
I hope he buys the entirety of Akihabara.

(White Album 2)
Yeah, Haruki is sending out some MIGHTY mixed messages all over the place. I do hope it doesn't do too much "This girl or that girl" drama. I mean, it's a love triangle so it's obviously going to, I'm just saying. :p

Gbraga

Beyond the Boundary Episode 7 - Color of Clouds
BZOFhMxIgAAdTQo.jpg

Well I thought the screen capture on ps4 was limited to just the menu and selection but even in episode on crunchyroll app is nice...now if they could work on the quality. For episode it had many moments of comedy and joy, particularly Akkey and Hiromi and even one of Mirai
when she stumbles in the house when Sakura is there and says that line about Akkey's wasite being more than hot for Hiromi, best thing all episode since the Nekkid Salarymen

The action still feels dull, something needs to spice it up.

H-H-H-H-H-H-IROMI?????

They really should just stick to the fun stuff, the plot is killing me.

Toriko Episode 126 Playing Dirty! Roaring Ahead! Brunch Overtakes Everybody in a Single Spurt!

Hilarious episode but now finally at the good part (physical stuff is boring since Komatsu cant do anything, but Brunch's tricks were hilarious).
Though with no Melk Knife its not looking good for him. Hope the ingredients treat him well.

Whoever voices the narrator needs to keep voicing, the Really!? scenes going with his start of episode comment is melodious.

Valvrave the Liberator - 7

WELP.

Aaaand one of the innocent nice girl characters is the one that ends up tasting first blood. All because of one of L-Elf's old buddies whom I'll refer to that young evil one as Little Sadist.

I love how casually L-Elf hijacked the entire school. He sounded like he didn't give damn about anything going on. This guy's awesome.

Wonder what the connection this new girl has to L-Elf. Wonder if it's his sister or something.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Precure 40

It was all worth it for that fight scene in the middle of the episode. I love it when there are really cool insta-transforms, and also when there are fight scenes set to music. One of the better uses of Makopi's idol career, even if it was a bit merch-heavy. With Davi putting on her headphones (which are buyable) and Ai giving the team the harp add-on for their iPods, which is also buyable and necessitates creating a giant magic circle to ring holy judgement upon thine enemies.

Of course the Regina that Mana befriended is still somewhere in there. And it's not just Mana who's going to get her out. (Even if it is mostly Mana.) It's clear Makopi's song had some sort of effect. I'm glad the show's not forgetting its minor characters in all this. Next week has the return of Reina, Alice's rival from very early on in the series. I know we're in the endgame, and it's really feeling like it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom