• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
White Album 2 Episode 07

Hoo boy.

Really strong episode, even an improvement on last week's which was also really good. The fruits of their labor have finally come to pass making this episode seem like it could be the finale of the show. Can't say I wasn't expecting that ending to happen but it was still pretty surprising. What it could mean for the second half of this show makes me both anxious and excited to see what happens. Excited because it's good to see some actual development happen but also very anxious due to people who are familiar with the VN saying
the drama supposedly comes full force after this event
soooo I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

You've been a good show so far, don't let me down now.

FACK really? Well as long as it's not similar to the level of White Album 1. Though seeing they're the same name, it very well may be

cajunator

Banned
God my might was just ruined due to a college football match. Time to watch animu to heal the wounds. HEAL THE WOUNDS DATABASE DATABASE.

That song will never ever leave will it?

iiSNYZJwhypIB.gif

I need a larger image of this. Onegai

Samurai Flamenco Episode 6 - Capture Samumenco!

I miss our Goto Masayoshi dinner moments too separated these days, but at least seeing Masayoshi on patrol alone for once happened. Kind of funny and intense at times.
loved the office supply weaponry, made it funny and actually kind of realistic of sorts. I was expecting lasers and high tech gadgetry when he introduced himself from some R&D Big company so that was a surprise.

The way they do the ending song, it almost seems like the scenes should play in the middle of the ending song, one verse, clip, then the next one to close it out.

Gazoinks

White Album 2 07

Man, what a fantastic episode. I'm not a big fan of idol music but that saxophone and dat guitar solo. Now I need more saxophone in anime. In fact more jazz/blues in general, which is where that instrument shines. Kids on the Slope and Cowboy Bebop weren't enough.
lhsWvVH.gif

Like others have said, first half was enjoyable, and second half really tried to catch up with Golden Time in development speed.

As much as I agree with apparently most people that Touma is best girl, I can't fault Setsuna for being so open and straightforward about her feelings. Obviously protag is interested in both, but it seems like he still has a bigger crush on Touma. Either ways, good going Setsuna.

Saxophone: Best instrument.

I don't know, I might be reading it wrong, but it feels like Haruki has more mixed feelings about Touma, whereas his affection for Setsuna is more straightforward. They had that scene in the piano room where it was all "You think of me as a person and her as a girl"? Maybe Haruki just isn't being honest with himself, but it feels to me like his romantic affection is kind of tangled up with admiration as a friend and teacher.

Also, it seemed like Touma's mother might've been at the performance, did anyone else catch that? Or at least, I don't know why else they'd show a brief shot of a formal-looking adult woman while hiding her face.

cnet128

Banned
Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono 7

You guys tease Koharun too much XD Poor Koharun.

Disclaimer: I was going to write that as my impression post even before the practical session at the end happened. Then the practical session was Koharun Teasing Central, soyeah.

Valvrave the Liberator - 9

what in the world.

So the entire city was part of the military, and everyone was supposed to get a Valvrave? The entire city was used for the Valvraves?

What?

That's just...I...I can't even. The entire city was in the army. That's a plot point in this show.

Space battles were awesome as always, but still, what?!?

Monogatari SS 20 (Onimonogatari 4 END)

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

YOU CAN'T KILL MAYOI OFF THAT'S NOT ALLOWED
Actually it's time to let go.
When they played that instrumental version of happy bite when she was making her decision...ugh. And then dat kiss. How can something so wrong be so beautiful >.< LOVE/HATE YOU TOO NISIO.
See ? you love it ...you can't help but continue to watch ...
Aside from that, uh...Gaen is pretty cool, but we knew that already. Also
Ougi's creepiness levels are increasing rapidly, which is vaguely impressive since they started so high. From the way she was talking at the end of this episode, it sounded rather like she's related to that darkness thing somehow, if not one and the same phenomenon. So I guess that makes this whole thing her fault. Just like the events of Otorimonogatari were largely her fault. And Hanamonogatari, actually. brb imma go find Nadeko and convince her to murder Ougi first before she does the whole final boss battle thing.

And you're 200% right , unless the author is trolling everyone ( and you know that can happen ) , she is
set as the final hurdle , the final boss of sorts ...she does mess a lot with everyone... The events of otorimonogatari were 200% her fault...like everything

Btw i was under the impression you knew that already , haven't you read monogatari ? i recall seeing some impressions of yours , was i mistaken ?

sonicmj1

The vacuum of space should be acting as a temperature sink to suck out the heat; at least the parts that aren't facing the sun if nothing else. The only way I could see them overheating is if they're moving in a constant linear path facing the sun.

It's counterintuitive, but because space is a vacuum, it's very difficult for heat to actually transfer. Conduction through the air is impossible because there's no air, so all heat transfers are done through radiation. It's a big problem for making space suits and such.

Saxophone: Best instrument.

I don't know, I might be reading it wrong, but it feels like Haruki has more mixed feelings about Touma, whereas his affection for Setsuna is more straightforward. They had that scene in the piano room where it was all "You think of me as a person and her as a girl"? Maybe Haruki just isn't being honest with himself, but it feels to me like his romantic affection is kind of tangled up with admiration as a friend and teacher.

Also, it seemed like Touma's mother might've been at the performance, did anyone else catch that? Or at least, I don't know why else they'd show a brief shot of a formal-looking adult woman while hiding her face.

huh. you might be right on both accounts. But if Setsuna's assumption on the song he wrote is correct, then shit is even more complicated. Love triangle away

cnet128

Banned
Btw i was under the impression you knew that already , haven't you read monogatari ? i recall seeing some impressions of yours , was i mistaken ?

I'm still working my way through the novels. Reading Onimonogatari at the moment, so I'll be caught up with the anime soon.

Quasar

huh. you might be right on both accounts. But if Setsuna's assumption on the song he wrote is correct, then shit is even more complicated. Love triangle away

See that assumption is why I was down on Haruki.
Those lyrics put his really strong feelings out there forcefully. So for him to then turnaround and accept Setsunas (who I'll admit is my preference) love bothered me. Then again...the whole person and girl line consfuses me on the issue a bit. So maybe the song wasn't meant for Touma after all.

Erigu

Monogatari 20
If they don't air those skipped (were they in the novels?) Kanbaru helping Gaen moments in Hanamonogatari I'm going to be even more furious than I am now!
[Hanamonogatari spoiler kinda-sorta]
Sorry!
(and no, the novels haven't covered that... just fleeting references here and there)

Narag

Aku no Hana 11

Exhausting episode in that I can't believe how everyone is defeated in this. New OP lyrics were fab though. dream was beautiful, i like to think that's how nakamura sees the city.

damn, that shattered Baudelaire photo was a good way to end it.

It's counterintuitive, but because space is a vacuum, it's very difficult for heat to actually transfer. Conduction through the air is impossible because there's no air, so all heat transfers are done through radiation. It's a big problem for making space suits and such.

Yeah I was actually reading about that cause I got pretty interested for a moment, and then I got brought back down to reality:

The problem here is that you're trying to apply science to a series about body-jacking vampires.

I keep forgetting logic and anime don't mesh well a lot of the time.

cajunator

Banned
If there's something I hate more than Banderas.gif it's doge. Such overuse. Nothing against you personally, the internet just ruined it for me.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that Database Database it's the new Row Row Fight the Powa for me.

I think you might be right.

Oh god 11eyes. A show where each time there's a dramatic moment, you need to have a low angle pantsu shot. I am crying of laughter.

Ah yes this show. I bought it a while ago to see what it was like. Lol.

Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 1

MORE magical girls! Because why not~

No Doggy this episode ;=;

WHAT MAGICAL GIRL SHOW DOESN'T HAVE A MILF!? Oh wait, Smile Precure, wait but there were both MILFs and not MILFs....

Wait, but can it really be magic? I mean it is based more on Science since grandpa was a scientist... and it was a lab... and he just had Communes on a couch to let em transform... I think there were like 5....

They sure are skirting around with the skirts though.

Tayutama 8
Another serious episode. Poor Ameri can't catch a break. She can't get her love and she gets possessed serving as a battery for the for a bigger spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom