• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Valvrave the Liberator 15

All of this could be averted if Haruto just told her to talk about it later instead of in the middle of a life-or-death battle.

Valvrave the Liberator 16

I guess that explains the constant photo-taking.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 8

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

Steins;Gate 8

That got inappropriate fast.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave the Liberator 15

All of this could be averted if Haruto just told her to talk about it later instead of in the middle of a life-or-death battle.

Valvrave the Liberator 16

I guess that explains the constant photo-taking.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 8

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

Steins;Gate 8

That got inappropriate fast.

It's.... not a trap?

Andrew J.

Yamato 2199 13

Joji Nakata as
captain of the space submarine?
Sign me the fuck up.

This show's commitment to the sea/space metaphor has never been stronger than this episode, and I loved every second of it.

cajunator

Banned
I need a drink.

FOSFDrr.jpg

Joe Molotov

Speaking of Anyamal Tantei and MILFs...

Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 45

It took 45 episodes, but we finally got a beach episode.

Totally. Fucking. Worth it.
YlVGJ.png

Also, in the previous episode, three penguin brothers showed up whose last name was Cobblepot. That made me chuckle.

I don't eat tereyaki frequently, it's more of a every few months or so kind of thing. Hard to get sick of it. Chicken is more problematic
and we're a black family no less...
but it's something I can still deal with. Especially if it gets exotic.

EDIT:
D6SXJZf.jpg

For some reason now I want to buy Ghost Stories dub. I've seen some clips in youtube and apparently it's an abridged series. Is this series in the animeGAF list?

It's not an abridged series (for one, there's no abridging being done), but it's almost a precursor to them. I'm not sure if LittleKuriboh was even aware of its existence.

It's kinda funny, but those YouTube clips compile most of the best parts.

Gazoinks

Yamato 2199 19

They've done a nice job of making the Garmillans fairly sympathetic despite being the antagonists.
Even Desler had some softer moments in this episode.

Every time I see Melda I'm disappointed she didn't stay on the Yamato. Looks like she's going to be joining a rebel group though.

I am ready for big battle!

Narag

Infinite Stratos 2 - 7

That's it, it's over. I can't believe this. All the artistry, all the craft, all the subtlety and nuance of the first season is gone now. Admittedly, season 2 had been shaky to start but it's clear it peaked with the brilliance of episode 5 and the audacity of episode 6.

Here now, we get something that's no better than your standard LN fare, no better than your standard harem anime episode, and I'm sorry that anyone has to sit through it. Oh IS where did you go astray?

Articalys

Various bits of news for the Girls und Panzer OVA from the Oarai Anglerfish Festival:

- titled "This Is The True Anzio Battle!"
- two more characters from Anzio will appear: one who was also in the manga, Carpaccio, and a brand new character, Pepperoni
fv9Vrbr.jpg

Pepperoni on the left, Carpaccio on the right
- well-known mecha designer Hajime Katoki is involved
- theatrical screening sometime in the spring

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19962.html

cajunator

Banned
I don't eat tereyaki frequently, it's more of a every few months or so kind of thing. Hard to get sick of it. Chicken is more problematic
and we're a black family no less...
but it's something I can still deal with. Especially if it gets exotic.

EDIT:
D6SXJZf.jpg

I live across from a mall. I eat teriyaki fairly often actually.

Depends on how you make it, just a touch of Brown sugar and you're alright ;)

What's Cajun been watching lately?

KLK, KNK, Non non Biyori, Golden Time, Miss Monochrome, Yuusibu, Gingitsune, Unbreakable Machine Doll, SamFlam, Log horizon

Lol 11eyes turned grimdark and yandere. I don't know what to think anymore. It's trying so hard to be edgy it's kind of endearing. If I had to describe the show, it'd be like this puppy
otd1fSz.gif

edit: oh god the main villain's last name is WRECKMESITER. Somebody kill me now I've gone to cheese heaven

Various bits of news for the Girls und Panzer OVA from the Oorai Anglerfish Festival:

- two more characters from Anzio will appear: one who was also in the manga, Carpaccio, and a brand new character, Pepperoni

I'm fucking dying at Pepperoni. I hope there's another character named Macaroni or something.

Bombless

Katanagatari 7

As if Konayuki's episode wasn't enough...The feels man, THE FEELS T_T
And that short clip at the ED's end...I'm dead.

So Monogatari is from the same guy? Will definitely watch that, unless by then I've been torn to pieces.

Zetsuen no Tempest 1-7

I was totally convinced that this was your generic urban-fantasy show with a goddess voiced by Miyukichi and I guess lots of :DTL but theeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Zetsuen no Tempest 8-9

ABDIBGVPOLEJGFVJABFG THIS IS DUMB. My brain is actually hurting because it's either trying to forget such fucking nonsense or leap out of my head to stop me from watching this.

Jarmel

Banned
Infinite Stratos 2 - 7

That's it, it's over. I can't believe this. All the artistry, all the craft, all the subtlety and nuance of the first season is gone now. Admittedly, season 2 had been shaky to start but it's clear it peaked with the brilliance of episode 5 and the audacity of episode 6.

Here now, we get something that's no better than your standard LN fare, no better than your standard harem anime episode, and I'm sorry that anyone has to sit through it. Oh IS where did you go astray?

Dude the 2nd season as a whole has been Riley shit.

Soma

Infinite Stratos 2 - 7
"Now"

I've never watched any Gundam before and watching Valvrave has convinced me I need a good mecha show (that isn't Valvrave). Any advice on where to start? Which Gundam series are good?

Various bits of news for the Girls und Panzer OVA from the Oorai Anglerfish Festival:

And Mitsubishi X GuP
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/jp/events/motorshow/2013/tms2013/tie_up/
The app looks worth download

Narag

I've never watched any Gundam before and watching Valvrave has convinced me I need a good mecha show (that isn't Valvrave). Any advice on where to start? Which Gundam series are good?

Start with the 0079 movies. Can move on to other UC stuff from there or possibly an AU show better suited to your personal tastes.

fertygo

Infinite Stratos 2 - 7

I can't...

Are you serious?

Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 2

Giant Testicat makes his debut!

I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT SLIGHT CHEEK FROM THE UPSKIRT WAS A HINT!
They're nude when they change back
. Pretty sneaky sis!

A new MILF joins the fray, that one girl from episode one is sharing a school, and Nagisa is the dawg. Awww yeah!

Bombless

The one question Gundam GAF keeps fighting about. I came to Gundam with SEED (which is great) and it's sequel, SEED Destiny (which is kinda bad).

CorvoSol

Good Gundam shows to start with are Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam X*, Gundam Wing, Gundam SEED, and above all else, Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

Gundam shows to avoid like the plague they are: VICTORY GUNDAM and Gundam AGE. Other subpar Gundams include 00 (Second Season and beyond. 1st season is just fine to start with, its a bit like Full Metal Panic! and Gundam Wing, but again, not a bad place to start.) and Gundam SEED Destiny (which I am partial to, but admittedly sucks.) and Stardust Memory.

Zeta, ZZ, CCA, Unicorn and F91 are good, but you should see MSG before you see them. It's an older show, but definitely a good one. 08th MS and War in the Pocket take place at the around the same time as MSG and are good, but a familiarity with MSG makes them better (I'd say, at least. War in the Pocket is excellent either way.)

Turn A Gundam is incredible but should be saved until after you've seen some Gundam shows.

*I haven't seen X yet.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Monogatari 20
Well we're back to bad Monogatari, where all the visual imagery is lazy and meaningless and the dialogue is plodding and obvious.

People don't comprehend just how complex Infinite Stratos is. I bite my thumb at thee!

It's obviously commentary on the current world's affairs. Think about it. Here we have all these representatives of different countries. There's wars and techs that apparently only a specific few can use, so they work together to figure out the best course of action, but ultimately they all want the same thing but due to humanity's petty and selfish nature they want all of this said resource to themselves. Obviously the girls are the UN representatives. Chifuyuu-nee is the United States as she's overpowered yet also has her own selfish thoughts that want to protect/take the resource.

And Ichika is nuclear weapons. He's the only one of his kind and a dangerous weapon that people don't know how to use just yet. That's why he's so dense.

So next time you focus on the harem aspect of the show and how cute the girls are you should try and go deeper down the rabbit hole.

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

duckroll

Girls und Panzer OVA news!

- They'll be doing event screenings in Spring 2014 first. Similar to Gundam Unicorn, Akito the Exiled, and Yamato 2199. They plan to screen it in at least 12 cities in Japan.

- There will be new characters like Pepperoni and Carpaccio. Lol. Looool.

- The OVA will be storyboarded by Hajime Katoki. It might or might not feature Gundams.

- The official title of the OVA is "This is the real Anzio battle."

Pepperoni and Carpaccio:
ld4CSmj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom