• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Still reading (now ancient) pages of this thread, and reached this:

Did you end up getting any of the Shiranui figures? The SEGA capsule toy ones?

TRIGGER Inc., keeps winning at everything... :)

No, I havent found any good Shiranuis. Ive only actually seen one figure and she was in a swimsuit.

Also yes TRIGGER is on a roll.

not sure if this is the right thread to ask for this, but...
could you recommend me some animes?

what I have watched and loved
Blood / Blood+
Serial Experiments Lain
Paranoia Agent
NGE

so, yeah. I guess I'm looking for something serious and a bit strange.

Kino's journey
Texhnolyze

cajunator

Banned
Little Witch Academia (リトルウィッチアカデミア)

little-witch-academy-trigger.gif

really *nice*, I'm ready for the next episode.

The bluray is really pretty. Cant wait for 2.

I'll always suggest Kino's Journey just because. It's slow, talky, and episodic, but pretty though-provoking.

I always suggest it. My second favorite anime. Everyone should watch it.

Lol 11eyes turned grimdark and yandere. I don't know what to think anymore. It's trying so hard to be edgy it's kind of endearing. If I had to describe the show, it'd be like this puppy
otd1fSz.gif

edit: oh god the main villain's last name is WRECKMESITER. Somebody kill me now I've gone to cheese heaven
11 eyes was kind fun to watch , and then they pulled "that" ... i'll never forgive this anime.
Zetsuen no Tempest 1-7

I was totally convinced that this was your generic urban-fantasy show with a goddess voiced by Miyukichi and I guess lots of :DTL but theeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Zetsuen no Tempest 8-9

ABDIBGVPOLEJGFVJABFG THIS IS DUMB. My brain is actually hurting because it's either trying to forget such fucking nonsense or leap out of my head to stop me from watching this.
Ns3cEJY.gif

Infinite Stratos is very complex. There are so ,many cat ears and fetishes and stupid come-ons that it can be quite confusing.
Lol selective view even within an anime.. i like that !
KURUMI PILLOW HNNNNG
breathe down .. you'll be fine.

Monogatari

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fucking Nisio why you do that, Fuck

Because it's not a Nisio story without a
"why do you do that ?" moment

See katanagatari
final arc
, medaka box
Ajimu Najimi

It's like he does this on purpose , lol

fertygo

He hates us.

Sure, but if you're going to make an arc named Shinobu Tiemu, you shouldn't have it be mostly about Mayoi. I mean, it was good in its own way, but dammit, I've been waiting for Shinobu Tiemu forever because I thought it was...you know...Shinobu centric.
That from where the low blow come from.

Also, sonuvabitch at that ougi revelation.. wow, we got played.. grrr

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighter is looking to be in the upper tier of Gundam.

True. Like Turn A, though, I wouldn't recommend watching it without having seen a few Gundam shows, first. Not that you couldn't, it just is better if you have.

Fun facts:

The VA who performed Falan Fa from Garzey's Wing did Wakaba and Kozue in the Utena dub.

Hassansan was originally voiced by Aya Hisakawa.

That explains a lot about my feelings for the Utena dub.

Articalys

A brief history of the popularity of the Oarai Anglerfish Festival, before and after Girls und Panzer invaded it:

Average yearly attendance pre-2012: about 30,000
2012 attendance (just after the show had started airing): about 60,000
2013 attendance: about 100,000

/XX/

Yeah meant to say "not enough" source material. Nevermind now haha. Either ways does this mean the Hyouka author is the japanese GRRM? aka taking forever to release highly anticipated novels?
The author commented that he takes this literary series as something similar to a refreshing past-time in-between other releases. He still wanted to continue it, though.

I have a strange question: I've gathered from general interaction with males and the anime community for about 20 years now that guys probably find lesbian relationships titillating an the reason may perhaps be the slight notion that they can imagine themselves some how being apart of any sexual activities the lesbian coupe may have. This of course is antithetical to the idea of lesbianism.
Not the only reason, I think, and surely a overt generalization having seen thrown around the idea of lesbianism as a purer ideal of "forbidden" love... that is the concept some find the most thrilling or interesting, leaving aside anything about own sexual arousal or self-insertions.

Don't put too much thought into the religious symbology. It's been said that it's there strictly as an aesthetic.
That is not true either, some the symbolism as actually rather central to the proceedings.
It's central in that it's a vehicle for what's being driven in the story's fiction, but to say anything else is incorrect. GAINAX members and Anno himself have seemed to repeat this this ad nauseam...
Yep! There is interest in relating symbolism to some visual concepts linked together throughout the plot, but not much outside of that... Mr. Anno himself even brought the word 'pedantry' to the table:

bochan_bird said:
According to a very frank and open 40-minute interview by Anno on the NHK TV program "Top Runner" (www.nhk.org.jp/tr/) about a week or so ago, all religious and philosophical references, while providing a coherent setting for the story, were used for the specific purpose of looking cool and to make Anno & company appear intelligent.

Anno himself called it "pedantry" (the display/parading of one's intelligence), and this is backed up by comments by Tsurumaki and other staff as well. So get over the religious inferences, because THERE IS NO DEEPER MEANING!!!
http://eva.onegeek.org/pipermail/evangelion/2004-May/001289.html

But what Mr. Yamaga said about the topic strucks me the most, with the supposed fears of censorship Hideaki Anno felt that could have affected the series as it was airing, and the consequent change of scenario for it he worked on, due to the Tōkyō's 'Subway Sarin Incident':

Carl Horn said:
On the reasons for use of Judeo-Christian symbology in Eva

YAMAGA: I don’t know exactly why. I suspect that Mr. Anno may have read some book on it, and there was some thoughts he wanted to express on it. I personally am glad that, rather than Christianity, he didn’t express some obscure Buddhist theme, because then it would have been linked more with Aum Shinri Kyo. [LAUGHS]
http://eva.onegeek.org/pipermail/evangelion/2006-September/003693.html

Theonik

Super YoYo 01-03
Kinda disappointed. Not sure why. I guess I expected more. Some 'amazing' dubwork and absurdity though.
Not sure if it would be list material though. Will have to see more to find out.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 06

lCOjeU6l.jpg

Cool to see the whole training session and the resulting gym battle. Show still looks pretty nice.

But, whatever! Next week is the coveted childhood friend route! GO GO GO!

I mean, it was good in its own way, but dammit, I've been waiting for Shinobu Tiemu forever because I thought it was...you know...Shinobu centric.[/spoiler]

Seems like every arc in S2 has been Shinobu Tiemu, plus you've had Neko (Kuro) and Kizu coming up. Where are Crab and Monkey?

Mayoi's punchline was glorious.

One Piece 621

Sometimes, I wonder how Nami's bikini top doesn't just snap and expose her breast to everyone. But that's only a moments notice before not caring and just continuing to enjoy the show.

The guys admiring General Franky while the girls not caring even slightly is always hilarious. Usopp and Nami finally get their time to shine by taking down Buffalo and Baby 5 and capturing Caesar.

Looks like only 1-2 more episodes before they leave the island.

Kuroko no Basket 2 07

ZaJXYQ5l.jpg

Tetsuya #2 is the real star of this show.

Flashback is pretty interesting. I always enjoy seeing more focus on the seniors of the team.

fertygo

Hyouka - 19 (Rewatch)

Oreki is too hax at his stuff, gg.

And boy he sure enjoying himself now lol
It's no snake girl arc, that's for sure.
Hit me harder though because
snail
>>>>> snake girl

Articalys

Phi Brain S3 ep.7

It takes like half a day to fly from Japan to England. Was Freecell just wandering around in the sewers for that whole time?
I can't believe Kaito and Gammon were stupid enough to get tricked into standing on the trapdoors.
lol Jouji Nakata betrayal, of course.
Cliffhanger! Though the next episode preview kind of ruins it.

Whew, that's a lot of spoiler bars. The episode itself was okay, though to be honest I was kind of hoping
Kaito wouldn't get involved for once

Also, Pinochle is Freecell's husbando so much it isn't even funny. As my top two VAs, Sugita and Kamiya need more roles together.

cnet128

Banned
Monogatari episode 20

Fuck!!!.
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYOOOOOOOOOOI(IIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I have come up with a new headcanon.
Ougi is secretly an assassin from the future who was sent back in time to murder Mayoi because she was literally TOO BEST GIRL TO LIVE. If Mayoi survived, Araragi would inevitably come to realise that there was no point staying with Senjougahara when Mayoi was so much better. Then Senjougahara would wipe out the population of Earth because she's like that.

None of this changes the fact that Ougi needs to die, because clearly Mayoi is more important than the population of Earth.

LordCanti

The real tragedy is that Daisucki still hasn't aired their simulcast. The whole point of a simulcast is that it's simul, bros.

KAMIMASHITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They sent me that Gundam Plamo I won in their contest, so they're still in my good graces. They've got to fix their shit though.

(Monogatari 20)

I have come up with a new headcanon.
Ougi is secretly an assassin from the future who was sent back in time to murder Mayoi because she was literally TOO BEST GIRL TO LIVE. If Mayoi survived, Araragi would inevitably come to realise that there was no point staying with Senjougahara when Mayoi was so much better. Then Senjougahara would wipe out the population of Earth because she's like that.

None of this changes the fact that Ougi needs to die, because clearly Mayoi is more important than the population of Earth.

Makes sense.

I'm still kind of annoyed that Ararararararararararararararararararararararararararagi-san didn't
cop one last feel ;_;

Now that I've dropped so many shows throughout the week I just realized that the best shows for me are wednesday through saturday. Then nothing. COLD COLD EMPTY sunday-tuesday

Articalys

Now that I've dropped so many shows throughout the week I just realized that the best shows for me are wednesday through saturday. Then nothing. COLD COLD EMPTY sunday-tuesday
It's funny you say this because Crunchyroll just had this guest blog post show up as a feature article:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2013/11/17-1/feature-do-you-drop-anime

edit: actually now I'm kind of laughing at how this guy says dropping four shows in a season is more than ever before for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom