• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny you say this because Crunchyroll just had this guest blog post show up as a feature article:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2013/11/17-1/feature-do-you-drop-anime

edit: actually now I'm kind of laughing at how this guy says dropping four shows in a season is more than ever before for him

I've dropped plenty of shows before, but this is the second anime season I'm watching shows as they're airing. First anime I did this with was Shingeki No Kyojin then I went on with Gargantia and Eccentric Family on a weekly basis. But the shows he's dropped are ones I never watched to begin with or am considering dropping pretty hardcore. Especially KnK. If this episode doesn't reel me in I'll drop it.

That's irrelevant, is the overall show shit despite that one moment?

Yes. I dropped it. It's like the denseness of Ichika from Infinite Stratos, with the extremely bad perverted humor and none of the charm of the girls. Plus the main girl, who obviously isn't best girl, is extremely annoying. Everybody wants main character but he's so boring. This is something that would be better if it were an eroge or hentai because the plot is boring as shit.

Yes. I dropped it. It's like the denseness of Ichika from Infinite Stratos, with the extremely bad perverted humor and none of the charm of the girls. Plus the main girl, who obviously isn't best girl, is extremely annoying. Everybody wants main character but he's so boring. This is something that would be better if it were an eroge or hentai because the plot is boring as shit.

The main girl usually aren't the best girls, so it's not surprising.

Gazoinks

Now that I've dropped so many shows throughout the week I just realized that the best shows for me are wednesday through saturday. Then nothing. COLD COLD EMPTY sunday-tuesday

That's what backlogs are for, Admiral. I have the same thing, actually. Thursday-Saturday is the golden time (ar har har) for me.

Is the show shitty?

Won't say shit, but more like your predictably average/bad eroge adaption.

MC is dull and the main girl is bad. Everyone else in the show is lackluster aside from Celia, Akane, and Noel.

Also, there's (and I'm stretching this) implied
horse rape
in the first episode, so there's that.

Bombless

Katanagatari 11

I...I...

pJJbRoD.gif

Narag

MC is dull and the main girl is bad. Everyone else in the show is lackluster aside from Celia, Akane, and Noel.

horse rape

Urge to watch rising.

horse rape

Well then that saves me the troub--- wat....

Well then that saves me the trouble.

The first and second are actually pretty good imho, with the added bonus that they turn a bit dark here and there (also yandere). The third is a bit more light hearted and probably not up to the caliber of the other two, but still not bad at all. I'd say it's more average to good.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I watched katanagatari years ago, recommended by a friend, never remembered the name and found out only a few weeks ago it was created by nisio, and htinking back to when I watched it, it all makes sense, I watched like 6 episodes or so before putting it on hold accidentally and never seeing it again, now I feel like picking it back up and finishing it

cnet128

Banned
Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- 7

This was actually a really good episode, probably the best one for me since Episode 1.

That said, all the action and drama still pales in comparison with the adorableness of Aoi:

iJsq75T28ozRi.gif

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Walkure Romanze 7

:SDBurton Alert

Two girls. Naked. Inside a windmill.

Even better that involves best girls Akane and her precious Celia senpai.

Easily the best episode yet.

Ooooh my god! Will get on this shit today! Just started outbreak company too. :lol

Nordicus

Hajime No Ippo Rising 7

Holy shit Sawamura, god damn.

Katanagatari 11

I...I...

pJJbRoD.gif
DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, DIDYA?

Edit:
The second half is when shit gets good yes. First half is standard harem high school comedy. Then the yandere occurs. HERE I AM. STARE AT YOU LIKE A YANDERE.
I think Shuffle was my first exposure to yandere

It felt weird. Out of all the girls, why did I want the protagonist to bang the nearly homicidal crazy chick?

Then I embraced the knife... Not physically, mind you. I don't mean that way.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 32 - Give Up
tumblr_mwdoiyllV61t0pj6co1_500.gif

Of all the outcomes it had to be the one I didnt even anticipate. Oh well.

I think Im definitely becoming a Koga fan, he has great faces and in the backstory was pretty funny. If only most of the didnt lean towards him and Mitobe but instead Izuki.

With Toonami airing Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa next month as part of their movie months and me having never seen the 03 anime I guess now is as good a time as any to marathon the original Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. I have read the manga but I will try to compare this to the manga but as an original take on the story.

Jintor

Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA 08

Weird. I remember seeing the first part of this episode, but not the last.

The hot springs bit was frickin' hilarious. I love the other student council president, she's hilariously deadpan.

Jarmel

Banned
Macross 11-
iLWVGE1fuHRYO.jpg
iyDsq8xFRlbie.jpg

It just wouldn't be an anime otherwise.
ALL DAT DECULTURE. This show is a metaphor about the white man educating the savages and enlightening them on culture. I laughed at the reactions to the kiss. I expected someone to have a heart attack in that room. Kyun kyun all day every day.

Fullmetal Alchemist 1 Dub 2003

I really like how this series starts a lot better then Brotherhood, less filler and better pacing. Ed's kind of a douche so far, he pretty much craps on Rose's dreams with his science. Pastor is a great first villain, apparently Rose plays a bigger role in this series which I'll have to get used to. The reveal of Ed's body being metal gave me goosebumps, FMA any version is truly the best

CorvoSol

Dark Cat summed up in one sentence:

"It's like, I feel, like I'm gonna go crazy . . . just like a prisoner."

Those are not cat noises. That is a drunk man inside of a drunk can making what a Martian would assume are cat noises based upon the descriptions of a deaf man. Pshaw, Psychic cats you ain't Bagi.

The girls in this movie sound like a man trying his best to imitate a drunk woman talking to each other.

"mtrdanddepressmd". Kid sounded stoned as hell.

"What's wrong with you?" "Nothing." "Okay I don't care about your problems anyway." THEN THEY WENT AND SWEPT THE GRASS.

cajunator

Banned
Dark Cat summed up in one sentence:

"It's like, I feel, like I'm gonna go crazy . . . just like a prisoner."

Those are not cat noises. That is a drunk man inside of a drunk can making what a Martian would assume are cat noises based upon the descriptions of a deaf man. Pshaw, Psychic cats you ain't Bagi.

The girls in this movie sound like a man trying his best to imitate a drunk woman talking to each other.

"mtrdanddepressmd".

Its the list. You must respect it. You must fear it.

CorvoSol

Its the list. You must respect it. You must fear it.

I do. Dark Cat left my brain in a new place. First bad dub since Garzey's Wing to be worth my time. I propose a new subcategory on the List for it: Not-as-good Wolf Children-esque movies. It and Bagi can go together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom