• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Im afraid I cant help you there.

I lost it at this one point where the teacher tries to seduce the younger cat boy and then a giant penis demon crawls up her throat. I can only assume this is where Michael Bay got his inspiration for that scene in Transformers Dark of the Moon.

Fullmetal Alchemist 2 Dub 2003

Ed and Al's plan to expose the pastor as a fraud is just as brilliant as I remember it from the manga. Music really hypes the finale of this episode and the song in the OP is fantastic. I'm not sure if I prefer 03 Al's voice or Brotherhood Al's voice.

Rose is still a massive idiot, I feel like I keep needing to say this.

cajunator

Banned
I lost it at this one point where the teacher tries to seduce the younger cat boy and then a giant penis demon crawls up her throat. I can only assume this is where Michael Bay got his inspiration for that scene in Transformers Dark of the Moon.

Well, it did come before the movie..

Branduil

Fullmetal Alchemist 1 Dub 2003

I really like how this series starts a lot better then Brotherhood, less filler and better pacing. Ed's kind of a douche so far, he pretty much craps on Rose's dreams with his science. Pastor is a great first villain, apparently Rose plays a bigger role in this series which I'll have to get used to. The reveal of Ed's body being metal gave me goosebumps, FMA any version is truly the best

The original FMA does a number of things better story-wise than Brotherhood. It's a shame about the BONES ending.

The Michiru Oshima OST is also great.

Ace of the Diamond: Episode 7 The Batteries
BZT6dA-IIAAs-sP.jpg

Takigawa Chris Yu and Eijun delivered. Their off to a great start as a pitcher catcher pair. Curious of his history though to see why he is that way and kind of outcast by the team its not nice. Biggest other moment for me was Kominato, need more action on their front.

So I should watch the second half only?

Well, I wouldn't recommend it as with Clannad AS the first part is to introduce you to the characters and get you to understand them. The Yandere starts basically once the protag is pretty sure about which girl he wants to go for.

I think Shuffle was my first exposure to yandere

It felt weird. Out of all the girls, why did I want the protagonist to bang the nearly homicidal crazy chick?

Then I embraced the knife... Not physically, mind you. I don't mean that way.

Honestly I'm kinda glad he didn't go for her. It would have felt like pity. I liked his girl decision since she was my best girl since the beginning.

CorvoSol

It represents truth always being disappointing. This is like nihilist Utena up in here.

It represents ridiculous space fleas with baby voices.

Thats bad. Gotta have the beard. Beards are epic.

WORD. Beards turn the tides of battles. JRR Tolkien wrote an entire book series about this.

Are we sure it isn't really spidergod that we need to look for?

Spider-God would certainly defend us from Flea God.

Did it have a nice ass?

It was a Flea. It did not have an ass.

WORD. Beards turn the tides of battles. JRR Tolkien wrote an entire book series about this.

Then yes, it really is disappointing

Fullmetal Alchemist 3 Dub 2003

How do I hold onto so many feels :(

I like the actual set up to human transmutation in this version better, but the actual scene was done better in Brotherhood. It's hard to find words to say about FMA without just giving it glowing praise it's simply that good.

cajunator

Banned

Fleas require no ass, let alone a god.

Mature

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
It was lovely. I especially liked the various euphoric environmental shots— God knows I'm a sucker for those in movies. All of the various locations, be it in her home, around the school yard, or on the commute home, felt very natural and had a great sense of "place". Something I also felt in Wolf Children, as I can distinctly think back to the locations in that pretty vividly. Will probably do Summer Wars next, but I'm also excited to see Our War Game. Oh, and I hope as long as Hosoda keeps creating great films, Sadamoto continues to do the character design for them. I thought they were especially well designed in this— even for how minimalistic each design was.

Cwarrior

Fullmetal Alchemist 1 Dub 2003

I really like how this series starts a lot better then Brotherhood, less fillerand better pacing. Ed's kind of a douche so far, he pretty much craps on Rose's dreams with his science. Pastor is a great first villain, apparently Rose plays a bigger role in this series which I'll have to get used to. The reveal of Ed's body being metal gave me goosebumps, FMA any version is truly the best

Lol good luck, it goes into filler pretty early on before it goes into canon again then back to filler then back to filler for good in the later half for rest of the half.

Get used to a bunch of fruitless fake philosopher stone wild goose chase fillers, also alphonse elric, mustang,arm strong or anyone not named Edward Elric is absolutely useless in this series.

Although the early canon with nina and Hughes is done well and brothers Russian singing ost is nice.

Lol good luck, it goes into filler pretty early on before it goes into canon again then back to filler then back to filler for good in the later half for rest of the half.

Get used to a bunch of fruitless fake philosopher stone wild goose chase fillers, also alphonse elric, mustang,arm strong or anyone not named Edward Elric is absolutely useless in this series.

Although the early canon with nina and Hughes is done well and brothers Russian singing ost is nice.

Man that's like the polar opposite of the manga and Brotherhood lol

Bombless

Katanagatari END

Na0TwDq.gif

This entire series was amazing. I know this because I want to strangle Nishio, that bastard, for what he put me through. Loved every minute of it.

cajunator

Banned
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
It was lovely. I especially liked the various euphoric environmental shots— God knows I'm a sucker for those in movies. All of the various locations, be it in her home, around the school yard, or on the commute home, felt very natural and had a great sense of "place". Something I also felt in Wolf Children, as I can distinctly think back to the locations in that pretty vividly. Will probably do Summer Wars next, but I'm also excited to see Our War Game. Oh, and I hope as long as Hosoda keeps creating great films, Sadamoto continues to do the character design for them. I thought they were especially well designed in this— even for how minimalistic each design was.

First time seeing it? That movie is so good.
I wish she had ended up with him though

Fullmetal Alchemist 4 Dub 2003

Well this was a decent filler, until the ending when it got dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

so the girl you love isn't dead she lost her memory and has been with you the whole time you just didn't notice it. NO YOU'RE LYING ARRGHALJFIOANLFUAIL *gets killed*

I did like how this episode helps to establish Ed and Al as good guys who can't turn a blind eye to those in trouble. That's about it though

Fullmetal Alchemist 5 Dub 2003

Apparently Roy has the same VA as in Brotherhood but it sounds different, like he hasn't found the right voice for the character yet.

The train hijack scene was awesome, though I feel like Bald looks a bit too much like Bradley. The introduction of Hughes was hilarious, and seeing the interactions between Roy's team was great.

Shergal

Perhaps this is what I'm thinking of? I wasn't aware Hosoda directed two Digimon movies.

OGW is the more famous one, and the one people bring up all the time when they bash Summer Wars. The other one is a 20-min pilot from before even the series. It's great because it has little plot, no strained ties to the TV canon and it focuses intently on atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom