• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Hyouka 18
i6VikXfICNLYP.gif

Almost GAFcopter
This episode was pretty damn fantastic. Self-motivated Oreki is a terrifying thing and more OxC build-up. Can they deliver on all this tension?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gingitsune Episode 7

A much better episode then last week now that they have stopped making Satoru, black hold of charisma, the focal point of the stories.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I like watched an episode of Gingitsune yesterday (the firth one?) and basically three girls want to throw a party for one guy. This guy has the attention of three, I assume nice looking, girls and he sulks. Talk about a dweeb alert.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So I like watched an episode of Gingitsune yesterday (the firth one?) and basically three girls want to throw a party for one guy. This guy has the attention of three, I assume nice looking, girls and he sulks. Talk about a dweeb alert.

Meet Satoru, the albatross of this series.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Honestly it wasn't really that bad. Found it on /u/ last night for shits and giggles. And then I decided to check out /a/. Not sure how long the fanbase was there, but eh.

Pretty rational stuff.

Been a solid array of discution since before smile precure. /a/ went into steady precure mode since heartcatch ( before that it was just normal discussions ), /u/ went crazy when smile was airing , geared up with dokidoki since mana is making her harem.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 7:

I suppose it is a testament to the quality of the show that it can keep me quasi-entertained through a Beach Episode, though that is really more of a segment of this episode. The real meat of things is when this show sadly falls into some genre conventions that I can't stand. Namely Gunpla being SERIOUS BUSINESS to the point of settling property disputes. Also, there is enough ship teasing going on in this episode to fill a half season worth of Korra. All and all, I am ready for the real tournament to begin.

sonicmj1

Gundam Build Fighters Episode 7:

I suppose it is a testament to the quality of the show that it can keep me quasi-entertained through a Beach Episode, though that is really more of a segment of this episode. The real meat of things is when this show sadly falls into some genre conventions that I can't stand. Namely Gunpla being SERIOUS BUSINESS to the point of settling property disputes. Also, there is enough ship teasing going on in this episode to fill a half season worth of Korra. All and all, I am ready for the real tournament to begin.

Personally, I can't take a show built around a children's game seriously unless loan sharks are willing to use that game to resolve disputes.

As a result, this episode was excellent. Especially since it featured some 08th MS Team stuff.

Theonik

Hyouka 19
If this were the current/old KyoAni the end of this episode would serve a cue
for Oreki to discover he has the power to make his theories real followed by angst and drama about it.
It's not though so I rest east.
The tension continues and we have another fun episode this time focusing entirely on OxC.
You better do it Oreki or else...

Defuser

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta ep 7
Nice conclusion to a rather radical action episode. This is way better than the first TV series in terms of animation and better understanding of the plot which I didn't get it in the first TV series.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Strike the Blood 7

While I still don't like anything that has to do with Kojou and Sayaka interacting, the rest of the episode was pretty good. Pretty sure the next episode will be the conclusion to this "chapter", so I'm pretty excited to see how it goes.

The first of those Kyokai no Kanata "Idol Trial" mini videos is now up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf36RFqbwSA

Man, this is weird.

Skip directly to the chibi CG dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf36RFqbwSA#t=270

Or if nothing else, at least listen to the special ending song, which has some nice art accompanying it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf36RFqbwSA#t=342

RIP, Megane-Sama. (That was pretty amusing)

Oh boy, can't wait to see what's coming in the next two waves.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 7:

The competition for Show of the Season is heating up fiercely as Yozakura Quartet proves to be quite the dark horse entrant. Indeed, we find ourselves at arcs end and many revelations have been unfurled before order is restored. I am actually dreading next week's episode because this show does serious shonen action a hell of a lot better then breezy and light comedy slice of life.

Seitokai no Ichizon S2 OVA
Pretty good episode. Liked how Chizuru was acting like a broken robot and loved her face after she gave the chocolate. Kurimu's chocolate giving was cute as well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You should be more positive. Im positive that your negativity positively creates a negative outlook on things.

I like being negative, I like having hatred for the things that are awful, it is what gets me though the weekly drek of Bleach and Sword Art Online.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 7:

The competition for Show of the Season is heating up fiercely as Yozakura Quartet proves to be quite the dark horse entrant. Indeed, we find ourselves at arcs end and many revelations have been unfurled before order is restored. I am actually dreading next week's episode because this show does serious shonen action a hell of a lot better then breezy and light comedy slice of life.

Don't worry, we'll get even bigger and better shounen action based on a few of the characters in the OP.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 7

"Ao's been asleep for a while, better sneak her panties in while we have the chance" said somebody working on this show. And so this panning shot was raised by a few degrees. Sneaky.

The episode was a solid end to a really enjoyable arc. The action continues to look cool as fuck and Kotoha used her power in a way I didn't know was possible. While not a complete surprise, the revelations of the episode present a more interesting version of the original problem the characters were dealing with, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Also, where is that witch from episode 1.

Anybody here watching Gingitsune? I'm curious if it's worth watching, but the posters make it look like there's some furry lovin' and that's a no-no for me. I burn any copies I see of Disney's Robin Hood.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 7

"Ao's been asleep for a while, better sneak her panties in while we have the chance" said somebody working on this show. And so this panning shot was raised by a few degrees. Sneaky.

The episode was a solid end to a really enjoyable arc. The action continues to look cool as fuck and Kotoha used her power in a way I didn't know was possible. While not a complete surprise, the revelations of the episode present a more interesting version of the original problem the characters were dealing with, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Also, where is that witch from episode 1.

Haven't seen the latest one, but I'll still argue the panty flashes are extremely unnecessary and kind of detract from my enjoyment as they were not there for the most part in the manga.

As to the witch, I feel it was a bit of a mistake to show her that early on since she won't show up for about 2 to 3 more story arcs. There's the story arc covered by the OVA, then I can't remember if her story arc or another.

It's coming!

OH SHIT! Everything goes on hold once it's time!

Been a solid array of discution since before smile precure. /a/ went into steady precure mode since heartcatch ( before that it was just normal discussions ), /u/ went crazy when smile was airing , geared up with dokidoki since mana is making her harem.

Ah thanks for the info. Settles my curiosity

AnimeGAF, I bought a drink just for you at the Japanese grocery on my way out of Chicago on Friday.

I don't think we have something like this ._. maaaan
a

Anybody here watching Gingitsune? I'm curious if it's worth watching, but the posters make it look like there's some furry lovin' and that's a no-no for me. I burn any copies I see of Disney's Robin Hood.

Haven't seen the latest one, but I'll still argue the panty flashes are extremely unnecessary and kind of detract from my enjoyment as they were not there for the most part in the manga.

As to the witch, I feel it was a bit of a mistake to show her that early on since she won't show up for about 2 to 3 more story arcs. There's the story arc covered by the OVA, then I can't remember if her story arc or another.

I definitely agree. At first the fan service shots made me laugh with how brazen they were, but at this point it's just distracting, unnecessary and effort put into cramming them in just seems weird. Weirder still if they aren't present in the source material like you say :/

Sounds like they planted the witch seed super early then. The material that has been focused on has been good enough that it's not a problem really, but it did make me wonder.

Yozakura Quartet - Hana no Uta 7

Duckroll was right - this really is this season/year's Code:Breaker. I love it.

This episode wasn't quite as flashy as the last one, but it was still pretty flashy with more amazing animation, stylish direction, and cool layouts. The revelations were handled in a very exciting manner visually, which helped to sell the increased threat to the main cast.

Hmmm....

Looks like I actually attempted to watch Shuffle once, since it was on Netflix and I was going on a harem spree for a month or two.
Nothing compared to the Magical Hell though

And then I gave up because it was boring. Hah.

thetechkid

I tend to mostly watch actiony anime but this week I decided to change things up and watched both Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru and Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!I enjoyed both so I'm looking for recommendations similar to them or some comedy/slice of life/school days(not school days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom