• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of harems, are there any good ones
in which the mc isn't a complete pussy and isn't scared of women
?

There's the one with the ninja girl gif people keep posting, somebody else can remind you of the name. I wouldn't call it good though, read a bit of the manga and it got stale quick.

Best option is probably Amagi Brilliant Park, looks good the MC is Kanye West and it looks like it'll go to the harem route any time now. It already has two possible girls for MC.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also ranma ain't afraid of no girls. He's just got shit to do and can't have people hanging onto him.

So ranma 1/2.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ataru of Urusei Yatsura chases after every girl he sees except the one that actually wants to sleep with him.

Finalow

Rage of Bahamut, good stuff. OT is dead already so here are some gifs

tumblr_nde5wsDO9F1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

tumblr_ndenm0G4Hh1qh6swzo1_500.gif

tumblr_ndedrxbUNI1s307p6o1_500.gif

tumblr_nde7wvBicV1qcsnnso1_500.gif

I was curious if other people were expecting the same so I'll post mine here too.

I think I've been conditioned by quite a few anime to expect a female character to come onto the male character when intoxicated.

I'm glad that we got the complete opposite in this case. The dance segment was probably the best part of this episode. Can't wait to see how the group dynamic changes once Kaisar joins.

MikeMyers

The 2003 tokusatsu version streamlines, slightly modernizes and generally reworks the concept of Sailor Moon, doing its own take on the Dark Kingdom arc. That's my favorite take on it. It has the best Ikuko, the best Naru, and the most demonic-looking Luna plushie this side of Toei's budget. Sure, it has some ballet fighting and really cheap CGI effects, even for its era, but in terms of story? Blows the classic anime out of the water, in my opinion.

Though next is R, and I have even less frame of reference for that than the original series, and no other show to compare it to. This is going to be fun.
Yeah, I prefer the characterization in PGSM, especially for the Shitennou. Also, when you watch R, you'll notice how
Chibiusa
was basically the blueprint for PGSM Sailor Luna.

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis 2

Another fantastic episode.

Amira is definitely the best girl of the season, though I loved her previous outfit with her hair down much more than the current one. Her killing the demon was all sorts of badass That dance scene was absolutely gorgeous and the entire bridge sequence was exciting and funny.

This show has no right to be this good. The action is great, the humor is on point and the story is getting interesting. They even have a heavy metal intro. MC is such a dick but hes awesome. Really warming up to him now. His "Am I A Liar?" face is so funny, he just looks like such a goofy ass dude.

Rage of Bahamut 1-2

You guys were right. This show is legit. The characters all have personality and the animation is great save some questionable CGI elements. Give me more!

Speaking of harems, are there any good ones
in which the mc isn't a complete pussy and isn't scared of women
?

Adding to this question: Has there ever been a harem anime that was mostly in the same style of a "cute girls doing cute things" show a la K-ON! or Non Non Biyori?

GJ-BU was the closest I've ever seen that fits that description.

Jarmel

Banned
Inou Battle-2

This was a much better episode than the opener. I did think the first half wasn't that interesting but the confession scene and forwards was really good. I would prefer the show try to tell more natural stories in the context of their superpowers instead of Chuuni dialogue and jokes.

The show would be much better if Andou shut the fuck up more often and instead of being a chuuni dialogue spitting machine, he at least try to act like a normal human being.

Narag

Rage of Bahamut Genesis 2

I never realized how much I didn't want angst ridden dark fantasy between the cold open and the OP. I also never realized how much I wanted goofy shit when the rest of the ep pulled me back in.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rage of Bahamut Genesis 2
I never realized how much I didn't want angst ridden dark fantasy between the cold open and the OP.
All of the higher fantasy flashbacks have been unbearable. I can't pay attention to anything going on in them.

Narag

All of the higher fantasy flashbacks have been unbearable. I can't pay attention to anything going on in them.

They're just sort of loud and while I get the sense that they're present to tie into the main story later, right now it's whogivesashit.

Teremap

Banned
Denki-Gai 02
Still enjoyable, but didn't grab me as much as the first episode. I very much enjoyed "Master" backstabbing the rest of the crew in the end. What a twist!

Grisaia 02
I am really enjoying this. Nice and relaxing and a MC that takes no lip. Such a refreshing change of pace. I think I'm gonna be in for the long haul with this one.

Gundam Reconguista in G 01+02
Weeellll... it's a Tomino work, alright. I need to get caught up before I make any real judgment calls, but the low budget is really painfully apparent even now (and it just gets worse from here?!). Also wondering where all the technological advancement is if it really takes place centuries after the last UC Gundam series...

Fate/stay night UBW 02
What is there to say? It's Fate done right. The budget is truly ridiculous. Cannot be touched. Well, except maybe by Shingeki no Baham- haha, yeah, not even.

Log Horizon 2 02
'Nother setup episode. Still enjoyable, especially Shiroe's teasing of Demi-Demi. Tetra kind of annoyed me at first but I'm looking forward to seeing her(?) story.

Gotta catch up on Bahamut, Kokkuri-san, maybe pick up a few new series... so much stuff, not enough time to watch it all.

Ojamajo Doremi - 21

This episode was a lot weaker than the previous ones.

I mean, the only thing that was learned was the fact that Majo Ruka's effective items had some bad side effects, that witch hairs make the magic items work, and that's pretty much it.

Ah well. Next episode is level 6 exam, so at least I can expect the plot to move forward a bit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom