• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Background art, I remember you linking some here before or in the KLK thread.

Was hoping you might have some leads on buying some.

Yes I have a background art piece by Kaneko.

The only lead I have for you is to go to a convention where Trigger is at, and prepare to empty your wallet because people are thirsty. Either that or fly to Japan and try to go to those underground meetings things they might do later for Ninja Slayer(they did one for KLK).

TUSR

Banned
Yes I have a background art piece by Kaneko.

The only lead I have for you is to go to a convention where Trigger is at, and prepare to empty your wallet because people are thirsty. Either that or fly to Japan and try to go to those underground meetings things they might do later for Ninja Slayer(they did one for KLK).

so im looking at least 10k

Branduil

Mushishi 6

iPI5YEIxFyIND.jpg
iblSxwtr9sIChI.jpg

ibxE77aoZ6Zuw5.jpg
iQ96MEXcQsf8X.jpg

Even if you can cure someone physically, sometimes the mental damage is irreversible.

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 1

Philosophical musings. Bad melodrama. Incestual (sub)text. Subways. Destination. Fate. Penguins. Bears. Plot devices. Voguing. Fanservice.

If this wasn't nice to look at, I wouldn't be feeling all that motivated to continue on.

Edit: Why spell check got "instinctual" out of "incestual" is a head scratcher.

Jarmel

Banned
so im looking at least 10k

lol god no

It depends on the piece but you're looking at a bare minimum of 3k but probably closer to a baseline of 4k for anything decent. Takafumi Hori's LWA and KLK sketches went for around 3.1-3.3k.
My piece went for 4k but it was IMO a much better piece (really iconic and the style matches the show very well) than either of those sketches and it was done by an art director. Also I feel Hori's stuff isn't really 'on-model'. That said, I got lucky on mine. I talked to the guy I was bidding against and he flat out stated that the only reason I had won at 4k was that his funds were in between banks or something but he really was going to bid a lot higher. If that piece had been at Anime Expo, I have a feeling it would have gone for a lot more. A crappy sketch of Ryuuko by Sushio went for 4.2k.

Now the Yoshinari sketch I have is probably something else entirely on the price scale. Of course I got that one by pure luck so it was free. :)

Now I will say this, my piece and the ones at Animazement might have been boosted in bidding prices due to the fact that we saw them painted/made live. That never ever happens at these conventions. Anime Expo did something similar for Sushio but really it's very abnormal to see an animator work in front of an audience.

faridmon

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 1

Philosophical musings. Bad melodrama. Instinctual (sub)text. Subways. Destination. Fate. Penguins. Bears. Plot devices. Voguing. Fanservice.

If this wasn't nice to look at, I wouldn't be feeling all that motivated to continue on.

I agree. It was salvageable, until mid-way where it turned out Meta x1000 than it was on ep. 1

This guy might be the one that could dethrone Kojima from the intellectual self-wankery crown he have been on since forever.

Gazoinks

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 1

Philosophical musings. Bad melodrama. Instinctual (sub)text. Subways. Destination. Fate. Penguins. Bears. Plot devices. Voguing. Fanservice.

That sounds like an Ikuhara show alright!

I know Penguindrum is supposed to be heavily flawed, but I really need to watch it before YKA comes out. Gotta get the whole Ikuni ouvre.

TUSR

Banned
lol god no

It depends on the piece but you're looking at a bare minimum of 3k but probably closer to a baseline of 4k for anything decent. Takafumi Hori's LWA and KLK sketches went for around 3.1-3.3k.

My piece went for 4k but it was IMO a much better piece (really iconic and the style matches the show very well) than either of those sketches and it was done by an art director. Also I feel Hori's stuff isn't really 'on-model'. That said, I got lucky on mine. I talked to the guy I was bidding against and he flat out stated that the only reason I had won at 4k was that his funds were in between banks or something but he really was going to bid a lot higher. If that piece had been at Anime Expo, I have a feeling it would have gone for a lot more. A crappy sketch of Ryuuko by Sushio went for 4.2k.

Now the Yoshinari sketch I have is probably something else entirely on the price scale. Of course I got that one by pure luck so it was free. :)

Now I will say this, my piece and the ones at Animazement might have been boosted in bidding prices due to the fact that we saw them painted/made live. That never ever happens at these conventions. Anime Expo did something similar for Sushio but really it's very abnormal to see an animator work in front of an audience.

There was one piece of background art that featured Honnōji academy that I really liked. I really wish there was an easy way to get some of these pieces, I don't see myself going to any cons in the near future.

Hopefully when LWA2 comes out ill be able to pick up something then.

Thanks for the info.

Jarmel

Banned
There was one piece of background art that featured Honnōji academy that I really liked. I really wish there was an easy way to get some of these pieces, I don't see myself going to any cons in the near future.

Hopefully when LWA2 comes out ill be able to pick up something then.

Thanks for the info.

Kaneko and the background team did super good work in KLK.

You're gonna have to go to one of the conventions if you really want one of the pieces. That said, I'm not sure how many more Kaneko is going to be doing. It's probably much easier to get character art. It took a lot of prep work for Kaneko to do my piece and he spent a full hour on it.

They should be at Anime Matsuri in 2015.

Fate Stay Night - 1
That fight scene, that shit is good.
I enjoy the fact that each episode is 40 minutes long.

Bahamut - 2
That huge budget is still a reality.
Dancing, stars, and faces getting slapped all around.

Grisaia - 2
"bow down and lick my feet".
This show had more humour than I thought.

Magic Kaito - 2
I am enjoying this more than I thought i would.
Well, it is magic kaito.

phaze

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 5-9

Man this ED is deranged. Coupled with the OP and show's title makes me afraid for Nozomu's future. Being main character of the harem show can be a dangerous occupation. Though there are more seasons so he should be safe.

The show remains hilarious and might very well become my favourite anime comedy show. (not that I watched a whole lot of them) I always liked the usual Shaft style and I think it reinforces greatly the completely off the wall nature of the show. I do think series would be even better if it toned down the aforementioned harem hijinks and the large doses of fanservice it sees fit to expose me to.

The Chie Sensei x Hikikomori student thing is disturbing.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm really curious how ufotable is going to handle the HF movies. The stuff they've covered so far is almost one movie in of itself.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Episodes 8-9

Great pair of episodes here. Nanoha's face when Yuuno reveals his true form was the best. After a little negotiation they join the Bureau in saving time and space from being messed up by the Jewel Seeds.

Nanoha managing to explain the whole thing to her mother without mentioning magic was pretty impressive. For some reason she trusts her 8/9 year old(?) daughter to do all that. OK.

It was also a bit of a coincidence that the last six Jewel Seeds were right next to each other in the ocean although considering how many episodes are left in this it makes sense to get that out of the way quickly.

Next we have Fate's mother finally doing something, for better or for worse.

Akatsuki no Yona 2

I'm eager to watch Yona go from useless ex princess who just cries and goes Soo Won Soo Won all day into Arrow.

Watching the mob of soldiers standing around and getting slaughtered by Hak and his new friends felt like Dynasty Warriors.

Chaika 1-12Just realized this. Im expecting some twists in S2.

Holy crap, I never noticed that before. Whaaaaaaaat.

Defuser

Inou Battle ep 1
Man, seeing Okamoto Nobuhiko doing that weeping sound is fucking hilarious. SOLD.

Inou Battle ep 2
258qke.jpg

Dammit Jurai you dumbass. You got a pretty cute deredere student president as your girlfriend through a mistake but you blew it! Should have take it to your grave man!!

Poor Mirei. From a little annoying person from the previous ep to best girl of the show.

This show although it's generic LN harem show but it's a well made generic LN harem show.

Midonin

Touka Gettan 09-14

This stretch of episodes was a little easier to watch in reverse, since a lot of them are one-off stories, though that doesn't mean there's no continuity. Character relationships can change even in an environment like that. Christmas episodes, hot springs episodes, episodes with a cute puppy
that get killed off because Yumiko hates happy endings and can change reality. Why do you have to do this to the puppies?
Like with a lot of VNs, there's an underlying layer of tragedy to everything - especially since I already know where it will lead. Then there's episode 14, which takes advantage of the same staff on the VN and anime sides.

It's a YamiBou crossover. It's been a while since I've seen YamiBou, but I remember most of what went on there. Having an episode featuring the cast of another show was certainly a little odd, though not entirely out of place with the premise of either one of them. Shouko and Makoto remain my favorite characters.

Fireblend

Banned
Denki Gai 2 - Didn't enjoy this as much as the first episode. I'm giving it one more episode before dropping it. The lewd stuff isn't really my thing, don't even know why I gave this a chance in the first place.

Sora no Method 2 - It's alright. Not something I have to be super attentive of so at least I get some Super Smash battles/Spelunky runs while watching it :p

Gundam Reconguista 3 - That was fun to watch, I enjoyed it a lot more than the first 2 episodes actually. Gender roles weren't cringeworthy, although the cheerleading girl is getting on my nerves. Gundams with toilets was amusing.

Fate Stay Night 1 - This continues to be very awesome, specially considering this is my first exposure to the story/universe. The episode itself had considerably less action than episode 0, but I knew what was coming in the end, so I didn't mind. It did took me by surprise that red-haired guy was a magic user, I thought he'd be some nobody.

Shingeki no Bahamut 2 - Not much to be said that hasn't been said. CGI is bad, but otherwise the show is really, really good. Looking forward to the rest.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 1 - This was pretty decent! Watched the first episode with my gf and we both decently enjoyed it. OP is nice.

I'm thinking these are the ones I'll be sticking with (although I'll most likely drop Denki Gai sooner or later). Not sure I can make time in my schedule to try Brilliant Amagi Park. Damn, I'm watching too much stuff.

phaze

Akatsuki no Yona 2

Yeah even that flash forward with hardened Yona did nothing for me. Dropped.

Shingeki no Bahamut 2

It was a very well executed but rather cliched story;cynical rogue betrays his friends, suffers from acute case of pangs of conscience, saves the day and redeems himself at the last moment. All well written and produced, glad to see the premiere was not one-off thing and am eager to see more.

Think I will stick with Parasyte, UBW, Shingeki combo for the time being.

Jex

Shingeki no Bahamut 2

It was a very well executed but rather cliched story;cynical rogue betrays his friends, suffers from acute case of pangs of conscience, saves the day and redeems himself at the last moment. All well written and produced, glad to see the premiere was not one-off thing and am eager to see more.

Think I will stick with Parasyte, UBW, Shingeki combo for the time being.

Umm...

That's not quite how it plays out. Favaro decides to sell her out, feels a minor pang of conscience but then it's his horse who kidnaps him to save the girl. He just ends up having to 'play along' with saving her because that's how it would appear anyway to the knights. Faced with no other option, he once again teams up with the girl to help enable his escape.

Yes funi got akatsuki no yona, will probably buy when it comes out!

FUNimation Entertainment has acquired simulcast and home video rights to the anime series Akatsuki no Yona, which will now be known as Yona of the Dawn. Based on the epic fantasy and romance manga series from creator Mizuho Kusanagi, whose series Mugen Spiral, Game X Rush, and NG Life were released previously in North America.

The 24 episode series which will run in the Fall and Winter simulcast seasons, features animation from Studio Pierrot, known for Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul, and Fushigi Yuugi. The title will launch October 21 at 11am EDT on FUNimation.com, with a new episode posting every Tuesday.

Hak!!!!!

Welcome to the NHK - 01-04

Liked the first episode and was really looking forward to seeing the girl drag our MC out of his mess and what followed were 3 episodes mostly about cheap ero-games humor. Fucking are you kidding me?

I fucking despise any ero game episodes because it's always the same, unfunny shit about what stereotypical girls there are, how those games function and how they contrast to the real world. When I watched The World God only Knows that entire aspect was funny for maybe one episode but then it simply gets old. There's simply nothing interesting about that topic to cover.

While I stayed strong in ep2 and 3 I just skipped through most of ep4. Now the ending to that episode is a bit more promising and I hope that'll turn out to be true. But otherwise I'm either dropping it or just skipping through all the lame parts quickly.

I recall having seen this show's name mentioned in topics about disappointing animes/ones that seemed to have some potential initially. After these bunch of episodes I can clearly see why.

phaze

Umm...

That's not quite how it plays out. Favaro decides to sell her out, feels a minor pang of conscience but then it's his horse who kidnaps him to save the girl. He just ends up having to 'play along' with saving her because that's how it would appear anyway to the knights. Faced with no other option, he once again teams up with the girl to help enable his escape.

The "acute" part was a gross exaggeration on my part but he could have still tried to escape from the smoke alone and leave Amira on her own. He even regrets not doing that at the end: "Why did I go and save her." So I think this episode more or less fits the bill. Especially since he clearly will end up tagging along with her on the journey.

Saoynara Zetsubou Sensei 10

"Do it the proper way" girl aka Chiru is clearly the best.

I love the main theme especially when they play it over the pseudo romantic scenes.

manfestival

Last season of anime I watched was kill la kill. some devil working at a mcdonalds, and a couple other shows. Any shows this season or the last that are noteworthy? I like the traditional shonen, action, mecha (gundam gunpla show was cool, gaogaigar, and etc are all cool), non moe, and comedies are fine as long as they arent too muddled into slice of life crap. This new shingeki show seems interesting and I got the first two episodes last night but other than that, I need some guidance.

Last season of anime I watched was kill la kill. some devil working at a mcdonalds, and a couple other shows. Any shows this season or the last that are noteworthy? I like the traditional shonen, action, mecha (gundam gunpla show was cool, gaogaigar, and etc are all cool), non moe, and comedies are fine as long as they arent too muddled into slice of life crap. This new shingeki show seems interesting and I got the first two episodes last night but other than that, I need some guidance.

I'd recommend Parasyte, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and perhaps Gugure! Kokkuri-San (maybe you like that kind of comedy).

Buddy Complex is one of the most noteworthy mecha in years, same for M3 and Aldnoah.Zero.

Id also highly suggesting watching Hamatora, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, and Mekakucity Actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom