• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acosta

Sabagenu 9

Anime needs more characters like Momoka. Who is with me?

IoqKlc6.jpg

Kz4CHB6.jpg

Clov

Another one it seems, posted 5 hours ago by some dude from Crunchyroll.fr:

Seems it's scheduled for Spring 2015 in Italy, nothing about the Japanese premiere at all.

I wonder if it's being dubbed in Italian and airing at the same time as Japan, sort of like what happened with Space Dandy here.

Tenumi

Banned
Digimon Tamers: 03

If there's anything this episode set out to do, it's to show to the main characters that this isn't a game. When Ruki forces Renamon and Guilmon to fight in a parking garage, Terriermon and Lee show up to try and defuse the situation. In a tense moment of near death, Terriermon evolves into Gargomon, going out of control and nearly shooting everyone else in the parking garage.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Episodes 10-13 [END]

A great conclusion to a second half full of some great action and some pretty emotional moments.

It truely is a bizarro version of Gundam but with mages instead of mobile suits so this was definately up my alley. Apart from the slow first 3 episodes + Episode 5 this was pretty damn good and I hope the next series is even better than this one.

I'll take a little break before tackling the next series. Don't want to get through this watchbet too quickly do we!

Glad to hear that you liked it! Most people don't really enjoy how the first season ended due to the fact that
there was no real final battle between Fate and Precia. I wanted at least for there to be a fight of some sorts, but thankfully the second season more than makes up for that.

And as for taking a break before the next season, go right ahead. I did the same thing. Because once you start A's, you will not be able to stop until it finishes, it's that much of a ride.

Now, I'll definitely try and fit in some more Doremi episodes tonight. You sure went through Nanoha really fast! Hopefully I'll be able to watch a bit more before you start A's!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Garo 1
This show ooze with coolness factor. I like it. The opening animation deserve special mention for being pleasing in the eye. Character design by Hiroyuki Takei of Shaman King fame, so yeah, the MC body sometime looks too thin.

Inou battle 2

I enjoy this more than i should be. A decent harem comedy, and shame Andou refuse her.

Glad to hear that you liked it! Most people don't really enjoy how the first season ended due to the fact that
there was no real final battle between Fate and Precia. I wanted at least for there to be a fight of some sorts, but thankfully the second season more than makes up for that.

And as for taking a break before the next season, go right ahead. I did the same thing. Because once you start A's, you will not be able to stop until it finishes, it's that much of a ride.

Now, I'll definitely try and fit in some more Doremi episodes tonight. You sure went through Nanoha really fast! Hopefully I'll be able to watch a bit more before you start A's!

It was a little disappointing that they didn't fight but it made sense seeing as Fate still had some connection to Precia even though she was beaten up by her.

You're getting close to Episode 23 which is one of the best episodes of the first season so you're in for a treat!

Mr.Jeff

Glass Fleet 1

I was unprepared for this vortex of incomprehensible nonsense and utter incompetence. I don't know how someone writes this and thinks "yeah, this is great".

It's a horrific mish mash of ideas which are fine on their own but taken as a whole make zero sense. All topped off with a dub which lacks any kind of sincerity or realism.

Wonder what plot twists await Michelle Michel!!

cajunator

Banned
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Episodes 10-13 [END]

A great conclusion to a second half full of some great action and some pretty emotional moments.

It truely is a bizarro version of Gundam but with mages instead of mobile suits so this was definately up my alley. Apart from the slow first 3 episodes + Episode 5 this was pretty damn good and I hope the next series is even better than this one.

I'll take a little break before tackling the next series. Don't want to get through this watchbet too quickly do we!

<<Spoilers below. Skip the rest of this post if you don't want any spoilers>>

Nanoha and Fate have a decisive battle to stop all the fights they keep having. The battle was really well done, Nanoha had definately improved her technique since they first met, actively dodging shots and using diversionary tactics to gain the advantage.

The Bureau start an assualt on Precia Testarossa's version A Baoa Qu to stop her from causing a massive dimentional rift. The battle scenes with the knight mooks was similar to the raid in Episode 25 of Gundam Build Fighters but on a much smaller scale. It was still great to see them all work together to get through the fortress (even if Yuuno couldn't really do all that much due to him not being as powerful as the others).

Later Precia was disowning Fate as her daughter. I mean she had tortured Fate throughout the series but Fate still stuck with her despite all of the abuse she dished out. So it was pretty terrible to see the scenes of her disowning her as at that point Fate knew there was never a bond between them at all and she was just used to be able to bring Precia's real daughter back to life.

Episode 13 was simply an epilouge to tie up all the loose ends in the story, such as Fate's well...fate in the courts, more information on AlHazard, everyone returning home and Fate and Nanoha being friends which was very cute to see.

A's is a treat. Definitely take your time through it. Savor the over the top craziness of it. Watch OP girls go nuclear on each other. quite a delight.

Akatsuki no Yona Episode 2

Though it took a step back to fill in blanks from last week, it was just as intense for the whole story. Really stands out for anime this season.

Also my Haikyuu!! came. TsukkiHina.
Bz8MAgGCcAA2kup.jpg:large

My Little Monster 4

Nw92HNw.png

Been meaning to get back to this series. Haru should smile more.

I really like how stuff happens every episode instead of drawing shit out for the entire cour. No blue balls here so far.

^ What's with the rapper names?

----

Btooom! 5

Man this can be quite depressing, even more so now that I know why these people are in this situation.
That chain letter from earlier was actually real.

Btooom! 6

Noooo. Taira :( F-U, komodo dragons!

Well, at least what I thought was gonna happen based on this episode's title didn't actually go down.

fleeting joy

Btooom! 7

Another good ep., with some nice action to boot. And the ending;
of course there are a bunch of crazy ass (probably rich) mofos watching these people try to survive. Battle Royale and Hunger Games out the woo. And old guy lives to see another day! I'm genuinely surprised.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 27
Bz8dQSECEAAuWqm.png
Bz8ezFpCMAAO0gW.png

Yes, Shiveru got to duel finally, and someone got the shivers, lol. I need his Sketch Beast cards, like Sketch Beast Tyranno and Sketch Beast Stego!.

Good potential matchups for everyone else, Sora is the duel I look forward to the most.
guess it suggests Shun will be immediately knocked out of this tournament, no way Des Toy Scissor Bear will lose, though those Raid Raptors

Bonkoi Episode 1
tumblr_ndc6tpssFa1r0cxo1o1_500.png

Good start to this otome, easily red hair, once again proves that they are the best in these and Kouzoki doesnt fail to deliver, he even has that type of personality that I love in these characters.

Funny stuff with the female characters though arguing in the hallway, crony arguing about being called a crony from the other crony, lol.

cajunator

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park 02

This has a protag with the confidence and swagger of Sora in No Game No Life combined with some high end silliness and a really REALLY cute princess.
Really enjoying this for what it is. Kanye will save them all.
Better than Hyouka.

Akatsuki no Yona 2:
A lot of hyped up moments in this episode. I loved the moment where
Hak pounded his staff into the ground after what Soo-won said.
After last episode's character focus, this was a lot more focused around action, but it was all pretty exciting. Yona was quieter this episode, but the ending seems to promise some pretty strong development from her in the future.
Min-soo's death was obviously coming after he decided to split off, but it was still sad. Soo-won's explanations for his actions still make him come across as a jerk, but they do show that the King might not have been such a nice guy (and it explains why he was so opposed to the idea of Yona marrying him).
I'm enjoying the feel of this show. The music creates a really specific atmosphere, and the story is pretty solid through two episodes.

After the first couple weeks, I think I'm keeping up with almost 10 shows...

Wtf.

I'm at 8 right now, although there's possibly one or two other series I might check out if I feel like it. Definitely a pretty loaded season right now.

Ya know, as good as some OPs are, I'd rather they not exist or be shortened to no longer than 30sec. A little music, anime title, done; episode in full swing.
I'm only half serious.

--------

Btooom! 3

Thankfully they went on and revealed what happened before everyone was on the island now instead of the memory loss thing being drawn out for several episodes. Older guy seems pretty cool too.

And I don't know why I'm just now realizing this considering how obvious it was from the jump, but this show is definitely Battle Royale-inspired.

Btooom! 4

That was a good ass episode. That music, the action, (the fight with) the psychotic kid. So, so good.

I know a lot of people felt differently but I really liked Btooom!

It had that great Madhouse vibe to it and the way it paced itself was almost Death Note-ish. I enjoyed my time with it. Plus that OP was awesome.

Clov

I'm at around 8 shows this season so far. More than I planned on picking up, actually. I think the only thing left for me to pick up is Mushishi.

Sabagebu 01

Well... That's one way to get club members.

Interesting gun shop, announcer, ghillie suit, cosplay and revenge shots.

Sabagebu 02

Everybody do the matrix.

All fun and games until somebody wants revenge, natto training montage and more cosplay as well.

Sabagebu 03

<insert Chuck Norris joke here>

I see Ritsu became a teacher...

And there's girls vs hornets and hag vs kids but in the end everybody enjoys a bath.

Oh man Mike. This show..... it's so funny. I loved it.

Amagi Brilliant Park 02

This has a protag with the confidence and swagger of Sora in No Game No Life combined with some high end silliness and a really REALLY cute princess.
Really enjoying this for what it is. Kanye will save them all.
Better than Hyouka.

Kanye is pretty cool. But I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of the park mascot characters and their interactions with everyone else. I definitely want to see more of Tiramie and Macaron, theyre great.

Yup.

I should also find an Amira avatar.

Yes! You should!

cajunator

Banned
Kanye is pretty cool. But I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of the park mascot characters and their interactions with everyone else. I definitely want to see more of Tiramie and Macaron, theyre great.

Yes! You should!

Lol I love the mascots fighting it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom