• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - 01

I laughed way more than i should.

Even the most useless power is still a power. ... and it explains
why , 6 months later , he is still doing that obvious chuuni thing.

Yeah this show is pretty fun. I hope to watch episode 2 tonight.

Damn I have 16 currently airing anime I'm watching and that's before Toonami and the few back log shows I'm working on O.O

None of the new fall shows I'd consider dropping outside of World Trigger but I liked the manga enough that I'll stick with it till when the story picks up in hopes that Toei is just saving budget for then with these early episodes

I know that feeling. Its even worse for me though because I like to rewatch a lot of things. It really never ends.

Spring 2012 had Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama, Hyouka, Fate/Zero S2, Space Brothers and Mysterious Girlfriend X. That was pretty stacked.

I don't know that this season can top that unless almost every show lives up to its full potential. If so, then maybe it has a shot (but hell, at this point in that season Fujiko seemed like it was going to be great and Eureka Seven AO seemed promising). More likely it will fall a little short, but it's probably still one of the better seasons of the past 5 years. It looks like a slightly deeper season, but will anything manage to reach the levels of the top shows from Spring 2012?

That was a great season for Tsuritama and space Bros alone. It was a good year overall.

Majin Bone 29

Yep Nepos is a super nature loving beautiful place, but the fact people there mostly live the same kind of lives as Earthlings is clearly going to become a major point of the rift between Revolt and the Eques who don't agree with Revolt's extreme mindset. Fight felt like too much of a rushed one sided beat down until an out of nowhere come back to win that wasn't earned at all.

My Little Monster 7

CZFRgiQ.png

OJHyjaI.png

0nuQZWN.png

Natsume is awesome. Need a whole episode about her. Hope her and Sasayan freakin go out already. The barricade named Mizutani Shizuku slayed me. Haru is just great.

Also loved this little bit at the cram school.

Damn I have 16 currently airing anime I'm watching and that's before Toonami and the few back log shows I'm working on O.O

None of the new fall shows I'd consider dropping outside of World Trigger but I liked the manga enough that I'll stick with it till when the story picks up in hopes that Toei is just saving budget for then with these early episodes

This is a really strong start to the season. It looks good so far.

fertygo

Spring 2012 had Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama, Hyouka, Fate/Zero S2, Space Brothers and Mysterious Girlfriend X. That was pretty stacked.

I don't know that this season can top that unless almost every show lives up to its full potential. If so, then maybe it has a shot (but hell, at this point in that season Fujiko seemed like it was going to be great and Eureka Seven AO seemed promising). More likely it will fall a little short, but it's probably still one of the better seasons of the past 5 years. It looks like a slightly deeper season, but will anything manage to reach the levels of the top shows from Spring 2012?
Lie on April had potential being better adaptation than Kids on the Slope at least.
I don't disagree too much.

Pantsu-gate shall not forgotten.

Branduil

Parasyte, Bahamut, Shirobako, and Mushishi is a pretty strong list of headliners for an anime season if they can maintain their current quality. There are also well-produced shows that will likely be held back by their writing like F/SN and Amagi. But overall it's a pretty strong season by any measure.

duckroll

Parasyte, Bahamut, Shirobako, and Mushishi is a pretty strong list of headliners for an anime season if they can maintain their current quality. There are also well-produced shows that will likely be held back by their writing like F/SN and Amagi. But overall it's a pretty strong season by any measure.

Won't be hard for Mushishi to maintain it's current quality, it just has to continue not airing! :p

Wow this OP for Rage of Bahamut, what the heck were they thinking? It sounds terrible and its visually all over the place and sets the complete wrong tone for what kind of show this is assuming episode 1 is an indicator of how the tone of the show will be

Lie on April had potential being better adaptation than Kids on the Slope at least.

We'll see. I felt pretty good about the first episode, so I hope that it can keep things up. The show seems like it has a lot of potential.

For sure. Shirobako is probably the show I'm feeling the most strongly about right now, but we're spoiled for choice in terms of the top class shows. This is definitely going to be one of those seasons where most people are watching around 10 shows or so. I'm hoping to see strong second episodes for Parasyte, Shirobako and Your Lie in April over the next two days, which would set a positive tone for the season for each of them. Amagi seems like it could fall off the rails at any moment, but I hope that Takemoto can at least keep the production strong.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
iZn3ug2SkT7ub.gif

Anime is being freed from gravity evolving right before my eyes.

The sad thing is there is a theater close to where I live showing that film, but it looks terrible, that art style would probably be great in a picture book for 3 year olds though

duckroll

The OPs for Garo and Bahamut are obviously supposed to equal each other out.

If we take the Garo OP and the Bahamut ED, we'll have possibly the best OP/ED this season, both from MAPPA! Too bad they couldn't have been in the same show! :p

The sad thing is there is a theater close to where I live showing that film, but it looks terrible, that art style would probably be great in a picture book for 3 year olds though

Your opinions on alternative art styles are really awful. Lol.

Nafe

When I first started reading the anime threads around the spring of 2011, K-On seemed to be a pretty divisive show that would cause some cyclical debates. On one hand people thought it was a well made show with some subtle but nice character development. The other half maybe thought it looked nice but it was just some vapid show with a group of girls eating sweets.

Now it seems the threads get the same kind of debates but with Hyouka replacing K-On and maybe mysteries replacing eating sweets. cajunator's nagging about Hyouka is basically just the equivalency of jman's "K-On sucks" posts he used to make.

---

I don't do watchbets. I don't believe in wasting time watching something I don't want to, and I don't believe in forcing people to watch stuff they don't want to.

Agreed. I'm not really a fan of the whole "hate watch" thing that so many seemed to be enamored with. It's just kind of dumb and annoying to be blunt. Like a joke that stopped being funny a long time ago.

But if anyone is looking for recommendations of obscure shows or stuff people just don't generally talk about but I feel are interesting and unique enough to be worth a try, I'm always willing to offer suggestions!

For example, I still don't think there are enough people here who have watched Fantastic Children.

That's part of what got me to join the anime threads in the first place and I miss that it doesn't seem to happen as much lately. I thought Fantastic Children was an interesting enough show so if you've got any more you want to mention or list then feel free.

Jarmel

Banned

You forgot about Gundam Try as well.

Really so far pretty much most/if not a very high number are all well produced to an extent or directed pretty decently. I'm sure some will shit the bed but so far, so many genres are being covered that I have to imagine that not many people are disappointed right now.

The only one that is really subpar is World Trigger. At least Cross Ange has the enjoyment factor.

I'm enjoying Akatsuki no Yona more than i thought i would, it's always nice to have surprising shows like that.

I'm definitely intrigued. It's not a nice looking show, but both episodes so far have been pretty enjoyable, and the story seems pretty solid. The setting is really nice, so I hope the show can keep up the story momentum.

Jarmel

Banned
When I first started reading the anime threads around the spring of 2011, K-On seemed to be a pretty divisive show that would cause some cyclical debates. On one hand people thought it was a well made show with some subtle but nice character development. The other half maybe thought it looked nice but it was just some vapid show with a group of girls eating sweets.

Now it seems the threads get the same kind of debates but with Hyouka replacing K-On and maybe mysteries replacing eating sweets. cajunator's nagging about Hyouka is basically just the equivalency of jman's "K-On sucks" posts he used to make.

---

Honestly, I still find K-On to suck. It's just that the 2nd season is so much better, that I can't hate the franchise as a whole.

cajunator

Banned
best gif so far this season.

tumblr_ndex28C6OF1r2pvg2o1_500.gif

Thats adorable!
Chifuyu <3

Not a single showing anywhere near me :(

---

Agreed. I'm not really a fan of the whole "hate watch" thing that so many seemed to be enamored with. It's just kind of dumb and annoying to be blunt. Like a joke that stopped being funny a long time ago.

That's part of what got me to join the anime threads in the first place and I miss that it doesn't seem to happen as much lately. I thought Fantastic Children was an interesting enough show so if you've got any more you want to mention or list then feel free.

Not really because Jman full on hates KyoAni and anything they make. I like Hyouka. I just think a lot of shows are more interesting.

HappinessCharge Precure 36

HEY MEGUMI! LETS HAVE A BIRTHDAY FOR YOU! BUT FIRST LETS TALK ABOUT THE REALITY OF YOUR MOTHER'S DISEASE AND MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT AND MAKE YOU A DEPRESSED SACK!

AND SHARING A BIRTHDAY WITH DIORESKY

What a miserable fuck you are. I feel sorry for Seiji... maybe. I mean, when he was trying to cheer Megumi up, he looked like one of those hopeless fucks trying to get the girl of his desire by cheering her up because "he knows her". Oh it's not like you Megumi! Stop being a sad sack! Be happy! That told her nothing Seiji, and that's why you felt danger of losing the Megumi Bowl back then.

I mean shit, Blue said some meaningful things, and TOUCHED HANDS! I don't know why he did it, I'm screaming "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!?" I mean fuck, man. You have no idea what you're doing here. Or you do, and you're just being a dick. Maybe.

Also QUALITY assurance hooo. Iona definitely got the best looking episode of the Innocent bunch. Not surprising really.

n721L96.gif

jman2050

---

he used to make.

I learned to pick my spots is all.

Also Hyouka is good but not great.

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis 2

This show continues to excel and excite, everything works really well and it's making me want to check out the game it's based upon despite knowing it's probably F2P garbage.

cajunator

Banned
Inou Battle 02

Chifuyu is precious. This show has some great gif potential. Based Trigger.
Also I like Mirei. shes kinda insane but adorable in her own ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom