• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azusa

Girlfriend (Kari) - 1

I expected moe slice of live with ton of girls, but got boring collection of girls do nothing at all. It's just not entertaining to watch.

TUSR

Banned
It was a pretty strong first episode I thought, although the second episode is sure to really get it moving again.

With what happened to Vivi, im curious to know what the hell a Chaika really is, and who is the one true waifu Chaika.

Regardless, Red is still best.

cajunator

Banned
With what happened to Vivi, im curious to know what the hell a Chaika really is, and who is the one true waifu Chaika.

Regardless, Red is still best.

I will always be loyal to the (presumed) original Chaika.
Vivi became
half of a chaika
apparently, whatever that means.
Still curious about how that works.

TUSR

Banned
I will always be loyal to the (presumed) original Chaika.
Vivi became
half of a chaika
apparently, whatever that means.
Still curious about how that works.
I made a comment while watching the show this weekend about how Vivi looked like a Chaika. And somehow she's half, presumably from trauma. There are a few plot details I hope they cover this season.

Any idea if the season covers all the current source material?

Branduil

LOL

i4eIiEv2cTXMj.PNG

The Devil is a Part-Timer 5

Not only is this show funny but it's wonderfully animated. The fight scenes
(and the fake out death scene. And the transformation scenes for everyone)
were pretty and really compelling to watch. The story is actually not half bad and finding myself really attached to characters in the very short time I have been watching this show.

Some of the English dub lines are just pure gold. The cast delivers their lines so perfectly I actually can't imagine this being funnier in Japanese. One day I will have to go back and compare the two but they have the VO of Akihisa Yoshi from Baka & Test in the English dub for Satan and I couldn't imagine a better person to voice him. He always delivers his lines in the most hilarious ways.

It's just so damn good!!!

jman2050

Oh hey I thought I made this post already but apparently I didn't

Inou Battle 2

This show is still dumb but what the hell, I got enough laughs from it I'll give it some rope. I probably found the whole kanji/reading nickname gags at the beginning a lot more amusing than most.
I created pretend fake video game characters in school in my spare time and made up cool nicknames for them don't judge me

Poor Mirei though, she didn't deserve all that.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
tumblr_mbj19iSJrD1qdxb9so1_500.gif

---

Captain Earth 22

oh don't tell me they're getting feelings for this place :lololololol

okay you've all said your goodbyes k good can we get going now please

wait wut

Attack on Titan 16

this pacing absolutely sucks. the shitty modern rock soundtrack doesn't help.

this is so fucking boring and contrite

Terror in Resonance 9

Hamura you're such a shit cop shut the fuck up already

ha I had a feeling it was gonna wrap around like that

GODDAMN this show is just so good. I'm constantly glued. the second half was just thematically brilliant. That soundtrack and buildup was glorious.

One Week Friends 10

Oh, Shogo... :D

Man this is pretty bittersweet...right up my alley!

This Kujo kid's a snake in the grass, but for the most part they still write him honest and human. And that's what I love about this show.

Space☆Dandy 24

my mind is full of fuck

but getting to see into dandy's past and love life is always fun

----

IPd4bra.gif

----

OST by Aphex Twin baby

Mushishi 7

Couldn't stop thinking of this through the whole episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFLZ-MzIhM

cajunator

Banned
Oh hey I thought I made this post already but apparently I didn't

Inou Battle 2

This show is still dumb but what the hell, I got enough laughs from it I'll give it some rope. I probably found the whole kanji/reading nickname gags at the beginning a lot more amusing than most.
I created pretend fake video game characters in school in my spare time and made up cool nicknames for them don't judge me

Poor Mirei though, she didn't deserve all that.

I actually created hundreds of new Megaman robots in my school notebooks in spare time.

The Devil is a Part-Timer 6

Not as entertaining as the last episode but I suppose this episode was used to pace the show and kind of ease us in on the new dynamic of new characters and their respective roles in the show now. Still pretty entertaining and I look forward to seeing more!

cajunator

Banned
The Devil is a Part-Timer 6

Not as entertaining as the last episode but I suppose this episode was used to pace the show and kind of ease us in on the new dynamic of new characters and their respective roles in the show now. Still pretty entertaining and I look forward to seeing more!

Have you seen Yuushibu? Same sort of idea where a demon's daughter has to find work but its set in a fantasy world instead of the real one.

phaze

Noragami 4

LOL at the falling scene. Pretty good episode.

It was hilarious.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 12

RIP in peace. Your harem will miss you.

It was weird how they completely ignored the train accident from the previous episode. Not the strongest episode but the satire on the politeness of Japanese society was pretty funny. Surprised there was no development on the whole Chie sensei-Hikikomori thing. Thought there would be some climax to that plot point.

cajunator

Banned
Hey AnimeGAF I'm going to watch some Gundam. Which should I watch first, G Gundam or Build Fighters?

BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS BUILD FIGHTERS

Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 1

Pretty Gory and interesting plot development. Animations were great and overall production value seems to be pretty high.

I only hope that it stays that way.

Crocodile

So remember that collaboration between LeSean Thomas and Hiroyuki Imaishi we talked about a while back?

Imaishi is directing the new opening for "Black Dynamite"! The new season premiers this Saturday (October 18th; an hour before Toonami)!

Thomas is also set to launch a new animation kickstarter project soon with the help of Thomas Romain, Peter Chung, Joe Madureira (I think) and a few others. I wouldn't be surprised if Imaishi was also involved somehow to. I'm curious to see what that ends up being about.

phaze

Attack on Titan 16

this pacing absolutely sucks. the shitty modern rock soundtrack doesn't help.

this is so fucking boring and contrite

It gets better from around here IIRC.

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 1

What the hell was that scene about ? Total randomness.
KuGsj.gif

This might just be the best episode as of yet. The introduction of Hamasho cranked the absurdity to a new level. Something I didn't think was possible. Second half served as a nice recap to all the previously introduced characters and was used as a much belated "proper" entry of the "normal" girl to the fold. All those horror scenes at the end were amazing and delightfully creep. I only wish they would manage to keep this budget for the rest of the season. All in all amazing episode
on_awa13qbqqq.gif
More like this please.

Gundam Wing 16

Al this GBF love forces me to try and finish, after circa 12 years, my first and, 2 episodes of terrible Reconquista aside, only Gundam. My previous attempt petered out a dozen of months ago around these parts but a quick episode recaps on wiki brought me back to speed.

Relena is still as terrible as I remember her to be. All this talk about war, pride and soldiering is cheesy as hell too.

It was hilarious.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 12

RIP in peace. Your harem will miss you.

It was weird how they completely ignored the train accident from the previous episode. Not the strongest episode but the satire on the politeness of Japanese society was pretty funny. Surprised there was no development on the whole Chie sensei-Hikikomori thing. Thought there would be some climax to that plot point.

I was under the impression that shaft adapted the chapter of the manga in a out of order sequence.

YEP they did.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 2
I really hope we don't get too much more whining from glasses kid because I'm already nearing my limit. Thankfully everything other than that character is pretty great.

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 1

The introduction of Hamasho cranked the absurdity to a new level. Something I didn't think was possible. Second half served as a nice recap to all the previously introduced characters and was used as a much belated "proper" entry of the "normal" girl to the fold. All those horror scenes at the end were amazing and delightfully creep. I only wish they would manage to keep this budget for the rest of the season. All in all amazing episode

Hito Nami is best!
<-

Also, Chaika and Parasyte today \o/

Midonin

Gundam Build Fighters Try 02

One thing I'm really liking about this season is how it's positioning Fumina as being the main character. It's probably closer to how Lucy and Natsu are like in Fairy Tail, but having a girl who's as into robots as her being the one to lead the story is something I can support all the way. Yuuma's "defection" to the main cast was coming sooner or later, and I thought the moment where it happened was nicely emotional. Though next week is going to be great. Mostly because I'm curious about who's voicing Kaoruko.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 2:

Whatever dark gods they are making the ritual sacrifices to in order to maintain the quality of this show they need to keep up. After a bit of over-dramatization of the Gunpla match, we finally have our first trios match, kinda since the Gunpla Battle Club was short a few members. Anyway, this was some good shit, showcasing the potential of the dynamic range that trios match may give us this season. Seriously, this was one of the best matches this series has ever held and we are just getting started with this season. Also nice to see they are aware of the popularity, and his inexplicable Gunpla powers aside, they have actually formally given him the role of mentor and coach this season.
New detail for this season, the Gunpla matches now have adjustable damage, Chekhov that is a neat gun you have.
Also, we are on episode two and we already have some ship teases because it would not be Gundam with out them.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I was looking for some new anime to watch, and as I like anything science-related, I came across Element Hunters. Anyone have any opinions of it?

NIsekoi - oav 01

One must admit that ruri is the best girl because she is the only one who is fed -up with that nonsense.

Also shrine maiden are cool.. this was too much for me

Ps: this is totally legit , right guys ?

Who wouldn't trust this scroll to work properly ?

Narag

I was looking for some new anime to watch, and as I like anything science-related, I came across Element Hunters. Anyone have any opinions of it?

Goofy kids show where they enter another world to retrieve elements the Earth no longer has or some shit. 8 eps or whatever I watched was entertaining though.

Gundam Build Fighters TRY - 2

I swear, if Sekai's master isn't Domon at this point, then Sunrise is straight up screwing with us.

I mean, never mind that his silhouette is in the OP, no.

There's also the fact that the symbol of the Jigen Haou School is a hand doing the Shining Finger.

And the fact that Sekai's sister states that Sekai is, and I quote: "crude, careless, simple-minded, hot-headed, gluttonous, and disorganized."

Well gee. Who could he have possibly picked up those traits from? Reiji?!? It can't be, because if he was his master, he'd have known all about Gunpla battles by now.

It's Domon. He's going to be in Build Fighters and his entrance is going to be spectacular.

But other than that, this was an all right episode, it served as a good set-up to get the team together.

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters Try-2

Nu-Reiji is a bit annoying. He's way too hyper. That said, the rest of the episode was great. The villain in the opening sequence reminded me of Ali al-Saachez from Gundam 00.

I fucking loved how Yu got roped into the team.

Also the OP is fantastic.

Gundam Wing 27-28

Back-to-back recap episodes with the only notable point being at the end of 28 where the Gundam Epyon is revealed. I'm guessing the show had the same issues that Wolf's Rain 15-18 had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom