• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's why they made an anime.

It's kind of funny how animes based upon games that generally have good stories end up being awful, and animes based upon games that either don't have a story or are just glorified advertisements end up being really good.

Gundam G-Reco 2

I have no idea what's going on but I'm still entertained so I guess I'll keep watching

Akame Ga Kill! 15

New OP time! For someone whose name is in the title and is prominently featured in the OP/ED, Akame doesn't seem all that important to the main plot, at least not right now. I'm excited to finally see the show down between Night Raid and the Jaegers. This show does fight scenes very stylishly, so it's bound to be a treat.

iZn3ug2SkT7ub.gif

Anime is being freed from gravity evolving right before my eyes.
You don't see effects like that often. Tomino was truly a visionary of digital animation.

Ojamajo Doremi - 22

Oh for crying out loud, this episode actually seemed like it was gonna go somewhere only to cop-out on it and spend the next half in a really slow, dragged out fashion telling us the girl's family members also got magic items from Majo Ruka. Which in turn made them use up all their magic spheres to solve a big problem on Hadzuki's end.

Hopefully the next episode is as good as people say it is.

Baby Steps 13:
I don't really like Iwasa, and I'm finding this 'drawing a picture with the court' thing to be kind of silly, and not really in line with how the rest of the series has been. I hope that he really gets smacked down during the next episode. Also, poor Yukichi going out without even getting much fanfare. One day I'm sure you'll get your day in the sun.

My Little Monster 8

Zelda reference was great as was Nagoya taking a dump on that kids head. Shizuku should consider putting her hair down.

Enjoying the love triangle between Shizuku, her grades and Haru. Why doesnt he just help her study? I dont get it.

Syrinx

Monthly Girls Nozaki kun 5-7

One of the few anime comedies I've seen that can make me legitimately laugh on a consistent basis. Chiyo and Nozaki finding Mikorin in the model shop killed me.

The ED is ass on a stick, though.

My Little Monster 9

Dang Natsume was super duper cute this episode. I like the fact that she changes her outfits and hairstyles often.

Wasnt expecting her to be into Harus older cousin though. Poor Sasayan-kun :( Yamaken also enters the love triangle. Too bad it probably wont end up anywhere. Kinda warmed up to that guy.

Ojamajo Doremi - 23

Much better. Aiko's backstory was really well done. It was also interesting to see the girls complete a long and arduous task with their bare hands for once. But they don't just simply show the girls chopping the wood and getting it over with, no. They show how painful it is on their bodies, to a point where their hands start to bleed, yet still showing that sheer determination and going through with it with smiles on their faces.

It was a really good change of pace aside from seeing them constantly do the Magical Stage to solve their problems. Seeing them upgrade their wands to bigger and better forms because of the legit hard work they had to do feels rewarding, as opposed to the many other times they passed without much effort.

All in all, good episode.

Crocodile

Y'all are trying WAY TOO HARD with the "Amagi Park character X = music artist Y". The characters in that show wish they had an once of the swagger the real life people they are being compared to have.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Y'all are trying WAY TOO HARD with the "Amagi Park character X = music artist Y". The characters in that show wish they had an once of the swagger the real life people they are being compared to have.
The only thing worse than idolizing anime characters is idolizing image pruned pop artists.

Crocodile

The only thing worse than idolizing anime characters is idolizing image pruned pop artists.

Whose idolizing them? I'm just saying whatever positive qualities these anime characters have is less than whatever positive qualities the real people they are being compared to have. You think that's a objectionable statement?

I've just finished benching Welcome to the N.H.K! over a period of three days. Like damn... "Wake-Up Call: The Anime" indeed, I think I need to ly dow.

Yes, series review will be up shortly (tomorrow!).

cajunator

Banned
I've just finished benching Welcome to the N.H.K! over a period of three days. Like damn... "Wake-Up Call: The Anime" indeed, I think I need to ly dow.

SO GOOD. Seen this series quite a few times. Always as a marathon.
Not so much a wakeup call for me, but informative of how some people do struggle to live and integrate to society.

Welcome to the NHK - 01-04

Liked the first episode and was really looking forward to seeing the girl drag our MC out of his mess and what followed were 3 episodes mostly about cheap ero-games humor. Fucking are you kidding me?

I fucking despise any ero game episodes because it's always the same, unfunny shit about what stereotypical girls there are, how those games function and how they contrast to the real world. When I watched The World God only Knows that entire aspect was funny for maybe one episode but then it simply gets old. There's simply nothing interesting about that topic to cover.

While I stayed strong in ep2 and 3 I just skipped through most of ep4. Now the ending to that episode is a bit more promising and I hope that'll turn out to be true. But otherwise I'm either dropping it or just skipping through all the lame parts quickly.

I recall having seen this show's name mentioned in topics about disappointing animes/ones that seemed to have some potential initially. After these bunch of episodes I can clearly see why.

Welcome to the NHK - 05

Yeh this was much, much better. I prefer Tatsuhiro having awkward encounters with his former female friend from high school or this still kinda mysterious girl who's trying to help him out.

That said, this episode ended with Tatsuhiro wanting to continue the ero game so fuck me sideways if that keeps taking up large parts of the show :/
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. The ero game stuff isn't meant to be humorous but show despicable and disgusting a character Satou is. I'll agree that the topic was much too prevalent for too many episodes but it diminishes over time and the series gets much better.

Looking forward to it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

You do realize that it's not a comparison and that the names are actual puns, right?

cajunator

Banned
My Little Monster 9

Dang Natsume was super duper cute this episode. I like the fact that she changes her outfits and hairstyles often.

Wasnt expecting her to be into Harus older cousin though. Poor Sasayan-kun :( Yamaken also enters the love triangle. Too bad it probably wont end up anywhere. Kinda warmed up to that guy.

dude, every time that girl shows up on scene its adorable. Her VA is woefully underused in the industry.

saving anime

You can tell Trigger really enjoys what they do. Even with simple ideas like Inou Battle they still instill some wit and zaniness in there.

Shergal

Ojamajo Doremi - 23

Much better. Aiko's backstory was really well done. It was also interesting to see the girls complete a long and arduous task with their bare hands for once. But they don't just simply show the girls chopping the wood and getting it over with, no. They show how painful it is on their bodies, to a point where their hands start to bleed, yet still showing that sheer determination and going through with it with smiles on their faces.

It was a really good change of pace aside from seeing them constantly do the Magical Stage to solve their problems. Seeing them upgrade their wands to bigger and better forms because of the legit hard work they had to do feels rewarding, as opposed to the many other times they passed without much effort.

All in all, good episode.
Yeah, this episode is one of the more memorable ones from s1.

Next up is the Sato climax though!

Alright explain to me these puns and why the music artists comparisons are being brought up - perhaps I've misunderstood something?

Just read the names out loud. It's as simple as that.

Latifah Fleurenza- Queen Latifah
Seiya Kanie- Kanye West
Isuzu Sento- 50 Cent
Takaya Kurisu- Chris Tucker
Aisu Kyuubu- Ice Cube

It's similar to how a lot of characters in Chaika are named after cars.

Looking at some early impressions of Parasyte I'm apparently the only person that likes the OP lol. Music like that is kind of a guilty pleasure :p

cajunator

Banned
Chaika AB - 1

Good episode, animation quality seems better.

Red Chaika next episode, can't wait.

It was a pretty strong first episode I thought, although the second episode is sure to really get it moving again.

Looking at some early impressions of Parasyte I'm apparently the only person that likes the OP lol. Music like that is kind of a guilty pleasure :p

I definitely am not a fan of it.

Just read the names out loud. It's as simple as that.

Latifah Fleurenza- Queen Latifah
Seiya Kanie- Kanye West
Isuzu Sento- 50 Cent
Takaya Kurisu- Chris Tucker
Aisu Kyuubu- Ice Cube

It's similar to how a lot of characters in Chaika are named after cars.

I like the car references more but then Im not so much into pop culture and people.
I did notice something peculiar about those names at first though and yall pointed it out pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom