• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hataraku Maou-sama really needs a Season 2. Almost as much as Nozaki-kun :-\

Yes on Nozaki no on the devil is a part-timer. The funniest that show got was in the beginning when it was a fish-out-of-water story, then they kept introducing new characters and by the time that kimono girl came the show was shit. I say let it die in peace.

Just imagine. Instead of what we are getting now, the Bahamut anime could just as easily have been something like... this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCdaxvGmu0M

I would have abandoned anime. Because I wouldn't have

xlmUGyH.gif

I was thinking budget issues. Wolf's Rain also had that problem.

Oh yeah forgot to post this.

Gundam Wing 25

Many game changes are to be had here.
Trieze tells the Romerfeller foundation off in the most affably way possible and gets imprisoned for his troubles, only for Trieze loyalists to start fighting The Romerfeller Fundation. Meanwhile, Lady Une helps Duo and Wu Fei escape and then gets shot for her troubles.

Oh and Trowa supposedly gets killed but probably survived the whole "5 Gundam Pilots save the world" thing would fall apart if one of them died.

duckroll

I was thinking budget issues. Wolf's Rain also had that problem.

Wolf's Rain didn't have any budget issues. It was SARS. The epidemic in Asia at the time caused a lot of work disruptions, which created production delays for several TV anime airing at the time. This resulted in some shows skipping episodes (Gad Guard and Texhnolyze for example) during the run, and in the case of Wolf's Rain, BONES actually went out of their way to produce the 4 recap episodes as extra episodes to fill the broadcast slots during the TV run. That's why the total number of episodes is 30 instead of the planned 26 - they finished the series with DVD only episodes after the TV run.

Helps to be informed when talking about stuff! :)

Kansoku

Neon Genesis Evangellion + The End of Evangellion

So I finally decided to watch this. There's years and years of "hype" so I was afraid it wouldn't live up to it. But it did (up to ep 23). It's a really grate anime, the character development is amazing, the psychological drama is really well one, and the action is superb. But everything goes to hell from ep 24 onwards. It could've been an great mecha anime with some good psychological development but they threw that out of the window and decided to turn it into some philosophical bullshit. Everything that came before felt pointless. But I knew that the ending wasn't so hot, after all The End of Evengellion is a thing that exist. So I watched it hoping it would bring closure. It's ep 25 was much better, but ep 26 was worse than the last 2 eps combined. It takes the philosophical bullshit to another level accompanied with some pretty imagery (and then a vagina appears in giant white Rei's forehead). And I didn't felt it brought closure either. In the end, this came to me as a detriment to the show. They've could done this philosophical questioning, but they really overdid it.

--

Anyway, I'm planing on watching Eve no Jikan this weekend, should I watch the OVA's or the movie?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

So I finally decided to watch this. There's years and years of "hype" so I was afraid it wouldn't live up to it. But it did (up to ep 23). It's a really grate anime, the character development is amazing, the psychological drama is really well one, and the action is superb. But everything goes to hell from ep 24 onwards. It could've been an great mecha anime with some good psychological development but they threw that out of the window and decided to turn it into some philosophical bullshit. Everything that came before felt pointless. But I knew that the ending wasn't so hot, after all The End of Evengellion is a thing that exist. So I watched it hoping it would bring closure. It's ep 25 was much better, but ep 26 was worse than the last 2 eps combined. It takes the philosophical bullshit to another level accompanied with some pretty imagery (and then a vagina appears in giant white Rei's forehead). And I didn't felt it brought closure either. In the end, this came to me as a detriment to the show. They've could done this philosophical questioning, but they really overdid it.

--

Anyway, I'm planing on watching Eve no Jikan this weekend, should I watch the OVA's or the movie?
Sounds like it was 2deep4you

Fox318

--

L2MF1.jpg

Clov

Just watched Hi-sCoool! SeHa Girls 02. The Sakura Wars part at the end was great.

Space Channel 5 next episode, I'm so ready!

MetalDeer

Shingeki no Bahamut - Genesis 1-2

This show is great so far, already love some of the characters, and they keep things rolling the whole episode. Really weird that it's all based on some F2P MMO I've never heard of, but I won't complain. I just hope they can keep up the quality for the next 11 episodes. Although, if they do, that would make me kinda sad that it's only 13 episodes.

--

Congratulations!

pAdicyg.gif
qDPRQXj.gif
m7aCXaN.gif
EELDEYP.gif

ULi7D8M.gif
KdDgm2g.gif
KWFFzDO.gif
ah1zh9n.gif

rJ7056e.gif
PdiYLRb.gif
ffa97P2.gif
EI5o0Ct.gif

LVbz1Ll.gif
wCz23bj.gif

Wolf's Rain didn't have any budget issues. It was SARS. The epidemic in Asia at the time caused a lot of work disruptions, which created production delays for several TV anime airing at the time. This resulted in some shows skipping episodes (Gad Guard and Texhnolyze for example) during the run, and in the case of Wolf's Rain, BONES actually went out of their way to produce the 4 recap episodes as extra episodes to fill the broadcast slots during the TV run. That's why the total number of episodes is 30 instead of the planned 26 - they finished the series with DVD only episodes after the TV run.

Helps to be informed when talking about stuff! :)

No, I was aware about the SARS outbreak being a factor. I just recall reading that the budget also had something to do with the 4 straight recap episodes. You're probably right about it just being the SARS outbreak though, my bad.

phaze

I was under the impression that shaft adapted the chapter of the manga in a out of order sequence.

YEP they did.

Ah well that explains it. Dunno why they would do it though. Especially the second part of the finale had none of "finality" of the last episode in season. If it was continued in the manga hey could have easily put it in instead of that part.

Hito Nami is best!
<-

Also, Chaika and Parasyte today \o/

I always get her mixed up with Kafuka. :)

Detective Conan 323:
Now this is like it. Heiji's return, and some proper detective work going on, between Conan and Kogorou trying to piece together what's happened by looking through the apartment and investigating the area and Heiji being forced to solve the code. Heiji and Kazuha's situation also creates some strong tension. This is one of those stories which is nice because it eschews the typical format and gives us something a little different than the standard murder mystery. It's nice to get after a run of AO episodes.

Midonin

Librarian 02

There's something being orchestrated behind the scenes, but for now, it's simply a peaceful show. I like the color palette, the way everything is bright and popping, and the start of Senri's story this week. Any kind of musical element will get my attention, be it a band, an idol or simply a singer as it is in this case. This is from the same game company that made Brighter Than the Dawning Blue, so it should reveal some interesting ideas.

JoeFu

Banned
Parasyte is amazing. 2nd episode was awesome. I know some people dislike dubstep, but I honestly didn't mind it at all in the first scene it was used. The scene with the punks and the rock throwing using dubstep was a bit weird though.

Also I am sooooo tempted to post that pic but don't wanna be banned lol

Parasyte is amazing. 2nd episode was awesome. I know some people dislike dubstep, but I honestly didn't mind it at all in the first scene it was used. The scene with the punks and the rock throwing using dubstep was a bit weird though.

Also I am sooooo tempted to post that pic but don't wanna be banned lol

Wait, could it be...

no

I must see the episode for myself

Jex

There's not really any Philosophy in Neon Genesis Evangelion though, I mean it's not Ergo Proxy. The show never departs from it's psychological examinations of the cast, right till the end credits.

Sorry but i had to do it :

How to improve a character in 2 secs :

1413367394248.gif

SUCESS 10/10 Now your character popularity is assured.

How the heck does her hair change is anyone guess.

Midonin

Chaika AB 02

Relatively low key episode, and it looks like the next quest destination is set. All that wine, and that friendliness. I hope it bodes well. Though I feel like the show could use a little more Frederica, I like having her around.

Parasyte - the maxim 2:
This show remains creepy, and the gore is definitely way more than we normally see these days.
The blood dripping out of the guy's arm after he ripped it off was pretty gruesome.
I enjoyed seeing the differing viewpoints between Shinichi and Migi and how that played out over the rest of the episode. I loved Shinichi's death glare near the end of the episode. Parasyte, so far, is managing the difficult task of mixing in the truly horrific with the everyday and doing so in a convincing manner. I hope they can keep this up.

Parasyte -the maxim- 2

Oh man, another great episode. Glad to see that the gore can be maintained, judging from these 2 episodes.

Also, lol at the
masturbation scene.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

On some level, I have a lot of respect for Tomino and Sunrise's experiments with digital editing/composition.

I mean, they had a crappy eye for this but still. It's the spirit of innovation that is worthy of praise.

Baby Steps 14:
The ending to that match was kind of sudden, but it didn't really feel cheap. It was only possible because of how he had been playing up until that point. It was a hard fought match, but now Ei-chan has something even tougher ahead of him. He's come so far already, but I'm excited to see if he can pull it all off. He's starting to have to think more about the way he plays the game, but he's also learned a lot through experience, and gotten some good advice from the players he beat. I also really liked the scene he had with Natsu. I always find their interactions enjoyable, and it's a relationship which I really buy into as feeling genuine.

Chaika AB - 02

Not enough red Chaika. But episode was solid, Gaz seems like a guy full of surprises. I was hoping Claudia would join the Chaika crew, she would've been a cool mentor for her. Hopefully we'll see Claudia again.
after credits;
Black twin Chaikas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom