• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! I can't wait to get my hands on it :D

Yeah NHK is probably my favorite show of all time. You truly felt like a fly on the wall in this show since it captures the feeling of isolation really well. You spend soo much time cooped up in this little room that you forget that the show really doesn't take place in many locations and yet the atmosphere is amazing.

The OST is one of my favorites. Seriously.

Kagerou Ressha

Natsu no Nichi ni Youkoso

10/10. The music is perfect, the voice acting is amazing! I watched it with subs, the atmosphere, characters....man such an amazing show.

Haha I actually purchased the manga for N.H.K., the third anime I've done for so far (the first being Strawberry Panic and the second being K-On!). I've heard it differentiates from the anime quite a bit so I'm looking forward to the new surprises within.

javac

Haha I actually purchased the manga for N.H.K., the third anime I've done for so far (the first being Strawberry Panic and the second being K-On!). I've heard it differentiates from the anime quite a bit so I'm looking forward to the new surprises within.

Yeah its supposed to be a bit different. I hope you enjoy it and let me know how it goes when you get around to them! I actually never read a manga in my life even though I own a few and I doubt I ever will end up reading any for some reason...
unless you include hentai
...but who reads them for the plot?! :p

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Parasyte 2
The length they have to go to get this anime uncensored must have been long and hard but I'm glad it got to be like this.
Also,
yeah dickarm!

Best ship there. Say no to Chiyo.

j7rBp4c.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I tallied up all the shows I am probably going to keep up with this season and I feel ashamed.

javac

Just checked the opening for Parasyte and it looks cool, but I'm soo pessimistic about new anime to an unreasonable extent that I just shun all the new stuff without even trying. It's worked for me so far since I am more into the old stuff and prefer the look of older shows anyways and I've never been an all you can eat type of guy and like to stick to what I gravitate towards but I know for a fact I'm missing out on some good stuff. I've got such a huge backlog tho!

Narag

Mushishi 2

Another ep that makes unsettling seem second nature compared to the effort expended in so many other shows. Didn't click with me until when Ginko showed up halfway through just how unique his appearance was given the handful of characters that have appeared thus far and their normal appearance as opposed to his white hair and piercing green eyes. Favorite part of the episode was the end with the implication that Ginko long since crossed the stream Sui saw and all the isolation that entailed.

Just checked the opening for Parasyte and it looks cool, but I'm soo pessimistic about new anime to an unreasonable extent that I just shun all the new stuff without even trying. It's worked for me so far since I am more into the old stuff and prefer the look of older shows anyways and I've never been an all you can eat type of guy and like to stick to what I gravitate towards but I know for a fact I'm missing out on some good stuff. I've got such a huge backlog tho!

It's adapted from a manga from 1988.
Give it a shot anyway.

zulux21

Nice, hope we getting 2 season ala Magi., or they doesn't had enough material for that,

there should be plenty of material for it... and I see no reason why it wouldn't given it's first episodes tv ratings

Ideally we will have a shounen manga adaption that follows the path of Major... where we just get a 24-26 episode season airing each year at the same time covering the manga with very little filler.

Dresden

gbf try - 2

Pretty good, but how they're handling Hoshino just bugs me - I want to like her character, but from the fanservicey gym outfit to the weird rapey stuff in this episode, ugh. :(

parasyte - 2

This is a really faithful adaptation. Step down in all areas after episode one, but still pretty enjoyable. Also dickarm made it in, if only the tip of it.

Parasyte 2

The balance between lightheartedness and horror is very well done. The gore in this one wasn't quite as "shocking" as in the first one, and as someone who doesn't watch a lot of current-season anime, the lack of censorship isn't as noticeable... still awesome, though. That next episode title seems like things won't be as upbeat as this episode though, lol.

Also that basketball dude that fought Shinichi should be glad he lost. He was going to get shut down anyway haha

sonicmj1

In an era when so many shows choose to fill their TV broadcasts with ridiculous censorship and black bars, it's nice to see Madhouse work around the censorship in a way that doesn't take the viewer out of the experience. It helps that they're working on a more permissive channel, though.

Yeah its supposed to be a bit different. I hope you enjoy it and let me know how it goes when you get around to them! I actually never read a manga in my life even though I own a few and I doubt I ever will end up reading any for some reason...
unless you include hentai
...but who reads them for the plot?! :p

You should, they often give more insight of the story/characters as they were originally intended to be. Problem for me in particular is that I'm a fast reader, so compared to a 24-episode anime series that usually takes me 2-3 days to binge, I can do an entire manga series of that length in 1-2 days.

But as of right now in completing the first volume (of 8) of N.H.K. I can tell you I like Satou and Misaki better than their anime counterparts, that being Satou is less of a dumbass and Misaki is more forward/aggressive and sarcastic with her conversations with Satou rather than leaving her as part of the background being all mysterious-like.

Anyways leaving it at that regarding the manga-side of things. Thinking of getting into Tatami Galaxy in a bit.

GrandHusk

Hi animegaf I have come here to share my love for anime with ya all.
UUUSh4b.gif

N.H.K. ni Youkoso! - Series Review
I remember watching this show last year, and I completely agree with everything you said, this anime has a very strong message of how difficult it's to some people to fell accepted by society, and at the same time how difficult is to overcome those barriers that you create to "protect" you from said society.
Also... Long Live Yamazaki!

Hi-sCool! Seha Girls - 1

Oh man, all of this Sega stuff guys. Seriously, I was laughing so hard when they played the "School Song".

I can't wait to see an episode focused on Sonic the Hedgehog. They could have them go into various Sonic games and constantly complain about the jumping physics!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

It might as well be an old anime.

javac

You should, they often give more insight of the story/characters as they were originally intended to be. Problem for me in particular is that I'm a fast reader, so compared to a 24-episode anime series that usually takes me 2-3 days to binge, I can do an entire manga series of that length in 1-2 days.

But as of right now in completing the first volume (of 8) of N.H.K. I can tell you I like Satou and Misaki better than their anime counterparts, that being Satou is less of a dumbass and Misaki is more forward/aggressive and sarcastic with her conversations with Satou rather than leaving her as part of the background being all mysterious-like.

I've just haven't been into reading in years even-though I was always good at it and loved reading from a young age. I know for a fact that the medium gives a unique take on things you may love and allows you to further indulge in series and characters for long after the credits ended but I guess I'm more of a visual person these days. Plus physical things like books scare me, I hate opening books especially for the first time lol! I have the whole Nausicaa manga, which I've heard is good but never even opened it up. I was flirting with the idea of reading the GTO manga. GTO is the GOAT.

Thanks for the info on the NHK manga, sounds interesting. It's cool that the characters have different nuances etc.

cajunator

Banned
Hito Nami is best!
<-

Also, Chaika and Parasyte today \o/

Checking it out in a bit. I did non-anime things today. It was scary and wrong.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Now I have another one of these goddamned sites that I will spend too much time on accomplishing nothing.

Gundam going heavy with the tomboy service.

God bless america!

there is absolutely no reason to no watch it. even if you are not mecha fan in geenral

This is true. I dont even like Gundam but I loved Build Fighters. If you like Angelic Layer you are basically guaranteed to like this. If you havent seen Angelic Layer, watch that too!

Space Brothers 96:
Nice to see Kenji and Nitta back in focus for this episode. Kenji really carried the episode, and his scenes with his wife were very nice. It's gratifying to see Kenji and Nitta
getting a position on a history making crew. I wonder what their work on that asteroid will wind up entailing.

This was a good episode for mixing things up between the mundane and the fantastic, and Kenji's story is compelling because of that. He's grappling between his dreams and parenthood, and wondering if he's good at either one. There were also some nice gags with some of the supporting cast throughout the episode.

cajunator

Banned
Chaika AB - 02

Not enough red Chaika. But episode was solid, Gaz seems like a guy full of surprises. I was hoping Claudia would join the Chaika crew, she would've been a cool mentor for her. Hopefully we'll see Claudia again.

after credits;
Black twin Chaikas?

Cant wait to watch in a few minutes!

How do these work? The way they're drawn implies that they go over the top of her bangs and yet they're partially coloured so it's not a solid black eyebrow??? Why would your eyebrows go over your hair???

If you look closely, because hair is somewhat seethrough in anime, you can see her dark eyebrows through her hair. It becomes a bit lighter as it goes behind her hair. It looks correct for an anime world.

For those who like sales numbers.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
CHIYO DA GODDESS

Chaos;Head is a marvelous comedy. I recommend it.

Welcome to the NHK - 09

It's a dichotomy with this one for me. I despise somewhat all the ero game parts of the show and really enjoy the rest. It's to the point where I'm actually forwarding through the former ones :/

The ero-game parts are actually a small side plot of sorts in NHK. The show focuses on many more things besides that. It is just to demonstrate Sato's NEETness as it were.
He does a swell job of demonstrating that in lots of other ways too.

Branduil

Parasyte 2

ibyudUWwSYlTH4.jpg
iZxbgtcj6314u.jpg

iyOiBtP3nXW7P.jpg
ib1ekzKKUoCu7y.jpg

Someone got some Kawamori in my Parasyte.

As everyone has said, this episode was certainly a step-down, production-wise, from the first episode. It's still adequate, though, and the show remains compelling and intriguing. Playing the empathetic and naive Shinichi against the amoral and alien Migi allows for philosophical discussion to arise naturally, and it's already easy to see the dangers of Shinichi's plan, although he has little choice in his current situation.

cajunator

Banned
Chaika S2 2
So we're switching plotlines for a bit. Although thanks to the other Chaika's they might cross streams should they meet again.

61330.png

34106.png

Which Red Chaika are you referring to?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Excuse while I nearly squee to death for a moment...

Code Geass 09

WHY

The beauty is in the details

Levi a best.

Still pretty certain they gave her a boob fix.

Positive they did the same for Akio.

Although I won't complain about that one.

Beautiful legs and a bigger bust make for a great combo.

Also, Mira sounds weird.

Like that's not at all the kind of voice I thought she would have.

Still havent watched but Levi is most definitely the best. Easily.

Chaika Avengin Battle 02

Just waiting to see what antics Vivi gets into.

Parasyte 02

The innuendo. The CG crowds.

She doesnt even have the eyebrows. Failure max.

RIP Woofdawg, now the Pro-Moe Party can continue their campaign uncontested

what the hell happened to him? I checked his post history but cant figure it out.

Check his post history. Usually says why.

Nope.

Chaika avenging battle .- 02

Sorry red fans , but white is the best

DAT help in the middle of the battle , lol.

Yup she is. I can see the argument for red but White is too precious.

javac

I've never seen Code Geass and my brother says it's awesome but I kinda spoiled the ending for myself, same with FMA:B. Oh well. Gives me more time to watch other stuff I guess :p

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Code Geass 09

WHY

BECAUSE GEASS

don't ask silly questions

RIP Woofdawg, now the Pro-Moe Party can continue their campaign uncontested

he deserved that ban...but now this is humanities greatest threat

Mushishi 2

Another ep that makes unsettling seem second nature compared to the effort expended in so many other shows. Didn't click with me until when Ginko showed up halfway through just how unique his appearance was given the handful of characters that have appeared thus far and their normal appearance as opposed to his white hair and piercing green eyes. Favorite part of the episode was the end with the implication that Ginko long since crossed the stream Sui saw and all the isolation that entailed.

It's not just his hair and eyes. Kinda spoiler? Not really: In none of the episodes to they talk about
his clothing and gear. This story is supposedly taking place in an alternate reality late 1800's Japan that's still isolated from the world, yet Ginko dresses and carries gear that seem decidedly un-Japanese, especially when constantly contrasted with the rest of the people.
Just strikes me as odd it's not a point that's ever brought up in the show, but his physical appearance is sometimes.

I've never seen Code Geass and my brother says it's awesome but I kinda spoiled the ending for myself, same with FMA:B. Oh well. Gives me more time to watch other stuff I guess :p

Watch it anyways!

Geass is about the journey, not the destination.

truthfax, same with School Days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom