• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankoto

Ushinawareta 3
Something resembling a budget shows up when the show truly starts to take off.

Considering her ankle is no longer injured, it doesn't feel like they'll get together this timeline since that was the spark. Granted, there are other ways, I don't think Airi has an excuse to "back down," now.

Jex

[Silver Fang] - 1 - a.k.a totally insanity

siverfang11icepx.jpg

I honestly thought there was no way that the show could live up to this utterly bonkers OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1TYE3U0jg

But I'm happy to report that I was wrong. This show wastes no time and within a minute -

An old man is mauled by a bear:

A dog fights a bear:

A bear gets brutally wounded:

And bear and dog tumble off a cliff:

One would assume that the episode had peaked early having no ability to top such a scene but you would be dead wrong because we have a bear with PTSD killing multiple people:

A scene so unexpected and insane that I refuse to spoil what it entails but god damn:

An epic battle between a bear and a dog:

Traumatised puppies:

I'd like to point out that this is a kids show featuring adorable puppies. It is also one of the most violent and brutal episodes of a TV anime that I've ever seen. I've gone out of my way to avoid mentioning the most shocking and crazy parts of this episode so you really have to see it for yourself.

Waste no time and step aboard the Silver Fang train!

Sora no Method 03

I'm not too sure I'd take very kindly to someone slapping the dog piss out of me. But hell, that's just me. Funny how the girl who seemed to be the scaredy cat of the group grew up to become bitter about a childhood promise made 7 years ago. Strangely I find her to be the most interesting character of their little group.

Chronoexe

A reminder: A Letter to Momo is coming out on Blu-ray tomorrow.

And fuck you Amazon for completely fucking up the listing for the Blu-ray (can't buy the Blu-ray on Amazon, just the DVD version).

how is the movie?

want to buy it but I need animegaf review :p

Mr.Jeff

An planet where faceless people live. Appropriately, our casts lose their facial clarity.

Glass Fleet - 03
Whereby the galactic situation is explained through clunk exposition and a duel happens between Michelle Michel and Cleo and somehow is lost despite no deciding blow.
Meanwhile Vetti goes on a little day trip with his totally-not-a-slave-boy friend Ralph.
Also featured: magical flying hip flasks and what happens when you leave your CG ship unattended.

This show hurts me and yet I can't stop.

Jex

how is the movie?

want to buy it but I need animegaf review :p

It's really...solid. Under normal circumstances I'd feel pretty happy about that but, as the directors previous work was Jin-Roh and that was over a decade ago I kind of expected something amazing. A Letter to Momo doesn't really come close to achieving that.

Jex

Remember watching some of this ages ago on VHS. Was one of the very few animes that got released dubbed in Norwegian for some reason.

Well it doesn't have any overtly Japanese aspects to the casual observer. It's just a bunch of people living on a snowy mountain that could, conceivably, be anywhere.

cajunator

Banned
An planet where faceless people live. Appropriately, our casts lose their facial clarity.

Glass Fleet - 03
Whereby the galactic situation is explained through clunk exposition and a duel happens between Michelle Michel and Cleo and somehow is lost despite no deciding blow.
Meanwhile Vetti goes on a little day trip with his totally-not-a-slave-boy friend Ralph.
Also featured: magical flying hip flasks and what happens when you leave your CG ship unattended.

This show hurts me and yet I can't stop.

lol the spaceship crusher looks like a potato chip press.

Clov

It's really...solid. Under normal circumstances I'd feel pretty happy about that but, as the directors previous work was Jin-Roh and that was over a decade ago I kind of expected something amazing. A Letter to Momo doesn't really come close to achieving that.

Yeah, that's how I felt about it too. Jin-Roh is one of my favorite anime films, so I did expect a bit more from Momo. Still, it was a good, enjoyable movie. It's definitely worth a watch.

I wonder what that director is up to now?

Midonin

Referring to the girls by element instead of name feels weird for me. Though when I look at Koboli, I'm just reminded of GochiUsa's Chiya.

Well it doesn't have any overtly Japanese aspects to the casual observer. It's just a bunch of people living on a snowy mountain that could, conceivably, be anywhere.

Hm... Guess it kinda makes sense that they released it here in the Nordic countries then :p

Looks like it's rated for kids 11 and up here.

Remembering names is too hard, especially when they have defining character traits like being elements.
These are lessons you will need to know for the inevitable Shokugeki no Soma anime

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Referring to the girls by element instead of name feels weird for me. Though when I look at Koboli, I'm just reminded of GochiUsa's Chiya.

I didn't even know they had names.

Firemind

I checked amazon and they don't have a hellsing ultimate complete box set and so I checked wiki and the last two ovas aren't even out yet. wat

What are you doing, Funimation?

Clov

I checked amazon and they don't have a hellsing ultimate complete box set and so I checked wiki and the last two ovas aren't even out yet. wat

What are you doing, Funimation?

The last two Hellsing Ultimate OVAs are releasing next week. I hope it won't be too long for a complete collection, but who knows with Funi?

Firemind

The last two Hellsing Ultimate OVAs are releasing next week. I hope it won't be too long for a complete collection, but who knows with Funi?
They really don't want my money. The last ova was released in 2013 for fuck's sake. They're lucky I have the patience to put up with their bullshit.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis 3
If the entire show was like this, I'd consider it okay. But I doubt it will be, and that makes me disappointed.

Well the focus is also on battles. I'd say 48% of the franchise is like this 40% is more like episode 2 and the rest is normal LN antics

How does the numbering on this series work? :lol

I should get the complete collection some time. Gonna have to go with subs though.

The roman numerals represent the volume number and the proper numbering represents the amount of posts I made regarding the ninth episode (apologies for the confusion)

And when you do watch Hellsing Ultimate, watch it dubbed.

Okay I guess it's still alive and well and I just forgot about it
I've also never watched Monogatari so maybe that helped my delusions (although I remember it happened in the Medaka Box manga)

mankoto

F/SN UBW 2
His reasoning for joining the fight sounds really weird. He has no gain and potentially no loss out of this, but he's joining "just to be sure no one bad does."

87110.png

87763.png

Well, if there's anything to be sure about, he's a master at making the panties drop

Well the focus is also on battles. I'd say 48% of the franchise is like this 40% is more like episode 2 and the rest is normal LN antics
Well, if it's mostly like that, I'll take it. Kinda reminded me I should get back to Kingdom sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom