• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

B0EnKBnCQAISPjv.jpg:large

someone explain the origins of this dumb meme to me tia

Still funnier than the Kermit meme.

Bahamut 02
So far the plot seems pretty simple, get person x to place y, but what really makes this show for me is the great animation, the great action, and the lovable cast. Favaro is just so unscrupulous I can't help not loving him.

cajunator

Banned
Clearly they all need to rethink their hobby.

No way. I only have 140 figures. why stop with such a small amount?

http://a.pomf.se/fxxmqw.webm

http://a.pomf.se/pbotpj.webm

♪ Suou Amane's is a bitch in heat ♪

♪ Rolling around in a man's bed sheets ♪

♪ Good for you ♪

♪ Good for me ♪

♪ Mmm goood ♪

Glad they adapted that.

Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie.

And Yuuji's minor freakout with Sachi.

If they didn't skip the first part of the game, then this would have all been perfect.

oh? This part looks interesting. I shall keep watching.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 146 (engDub)

Great showing from Broken Heart Jewel Knight, Ashlei "Яeverse" with Kourin.
was hoping Kamui would win, but I guess one cant have too many back to back worlds in this. Яeverse Kamui is gonna be scary
B0bx5abCQAAyEsH.png
B0bw638CIAEQytp.png

I hope we dont get a Яeverse Miwa, hes my favorite :(.

Blusby

Just finished Himegoto and I can safely say that this was the most abysmal thing that I've watched all the way through in recent memory, shit looked bad and tried to play rape off as a joke.

inb4 I should've expected as much.

The full version OP of Amagi Brilliant Park is really good.

Not as good as the one for Madan no Ou to Vanadis.

But its a solid 2nd for right now.

Baby Steps 19:
Man that training looks hellish. It's going to be really tough to survive all of that, but at the same time it's all really solid training that's necessary for a tennis player. The show is also doing a good job of addressing the fact that he's at a real disadvantage due to coming to the sport so late. Still, it should be fun to see him overcome that wall. We also get introduced to some new characters who will probably be good rivals later on. I feel exhausted just watching some of that working out.

Ojamajo Doremi - 27

Yeesh girls, if Hadzuki's dad said he's been filming movies with that stuff for years, you'd think you could come to the conclusion that they probably weren't cursed on your own. :|

That aside, this was a pretty okay episode, and we've got an actual
wizard now, in a sense, anyway.

mankoto

Kokkuri-san 3
Didn't expect a philosophical monologue on the difference between instant fried soba and normally fried soba.

Psycho Pass New Edit 1-11 END

What an enjoyable show that was. It was quite similar to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and I feel fans of that series will enjoy this one. There wasn't as much backstory or focus on some of the supporting characters here though, but I was surprised to discover much later on that Mika from the last scene is the same girl as the one was was in the high school incident. The ending leaves a lot to be desired but with Psycho Pass 2 currently airing it's a non-issue -- though I'm sure a few years back people must've been dissatisfied. the 40 something minute per episode works great and I feel like the way they bridge the episodes works out quite well.

Psycho Pass 2 1-2

The amount of females featured has increased greatly is the first thing I took. It's great that a lot of minor characters were brought back with bigger roles and pretty awesome how Mika is now a sub-main character as she was in bits and pieces of Season 1 as well because we already know what her backstory is. The new mystery is already appealing though I must say I miss the 40 minute ep structure of the New Edit version.

Space Brothers 99:
That Feel So Moon!

This was a nice and fitting end (for now) to the series, and hopefully the continuation won't take too long to materialize. They found a nice stopping point, and the final episode was just the sort of thing I expect from Space Brothers, with a lot of nice introspection from Mutta, and some great scenes between him and Nitta. It's fitting to see all these characters here at the end, and I hope to see the next stage of everyone's journey in the future. What a journey these past two years or so were with this show.

Midonin

Yutori-chan

Either a comparison of various Japanese attitudes towards business, or a cute work com where one girl causes trouble for everyone. I saw the first few episodes back when it was new, but when given the chance to watch the rest of it tonight, I figured, "sure." All 25 episodes can be watched pretty quickly, since it's made of shorts. Doubly so if one skips the EDs.

So you have three people who work for what is clearly supposed to be Bandai. Yutori and her lifelong quest to not work, Tsumekomi and her rigid approach to work, and Dankai who keeps them in order. Though the humor isn't so much business-based as it is around Yutori being lazy at every chance she gets. Directed by Keiichiro Kawaguchi, one of my favorites. (Jinsei, still not finished. Hopefully soon.)

The show's got a bright color palette and cute character designs, and the brief merchandise advertisements before each episode for the series' Sentai team worked on me. There's also a tiger mascot and a magical MILF. Reminds me of some of the gags I saw in SKET Dance... which was also directed by Kawaugchi. There really are certain people out there who fit best with a certain kind of story.

WYmrLVz.png
jMStK8g.png

sppJhhg.png
aIBC0pH.png

yrjJ9yi.png
rKHxvva.png

Mostly Yutori being herself, plus Tsumikomi's Sentai fan side and one of the ads.

Having seen all of it one go, it's a pretty cute short series. It's got Aoi Yuki, HanaKana and for me, the humor works.

The World is Still Beautiful 6:
Better than the previous episode. I can believe this world stuff more, particularly in terms of the nobility being pressured into learning all sorts of things in order to present some sort of decorum. So Nike's reactions to these things seem pretty reasonable, and her relationship with Livius seems to progress at around a natural speed, although there's some really silliness involved, too.

Branduil

Rage of Bahamut 3

Wow, this show sure is something. Kaisar is a hilarious character, ironically because he can never refrain from earnest seriousness at all times. Good art and storyboarding helped to establish Nebelville as a suitably spooky place, tipping off the audience well before Kaisar realized what was going on. The background art in general was really great this week- as it has been throughout the first 3 episodes.

I guess it's officially an anime now that Kaisar has a 200-year-old little girl companion.

Nikodemos

Man, Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai was bad. It was one of the few instances where I didn't bother finishing watching, and I usually have a pretty high tolerance to haremshit. It was notably worse than similar stuff like Sekirei or Hyakka Ryouran.

I have to watch the Monogatari second season first...

Have to wonder how many episodes the third (final?) season adaptations will receive. Tsukimonogatari is getting 4 episodes with one story arc. Then there is Koyomimonogatari that has 12 short stories, Owarimonogatari with 3 arcs, and Zokuowarimonogatari with just the one arc as I recall after checking my LN.

So, this is all assumption on episode count...
Tsuki = 4 episodes
Koyomi = 6 double-episodes?
Owari = 12 episodes
Zoku = 4 episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom