• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future Diary 01

7QjOmFj.png

Now for a watchbet with Mike.

Stay winning kid.

jman2050

B0bzD4QCcAAu0Zb.jpg:large

I have to watch the Monogatari second season first...

Wonder if they're going to stick to a staggered release schedule for the remaining material as opposed formatting it to a single "season" like the previous airing. It's in Aniplex's best interest to finish off Monogatari as soon as possible while the iron is still hot after all.

That said, yay for New Years, wasn't expecting anything so soon after Hana.

F/SN UBW 2
His reasoning for joining the fight sounds really weird. He has no gain and potentially no loss out of this, but he's joining "just to be sure no one bad does."

Well, if it's mostly like that, I'll take it. Kinda reminded me I should get back to Kingdom sometime

His reason makes perfect sense. He doesn't want a repeat of the events ten years ago, he doesn;t want more innocent people to be killed in the name of this game. He has the power or at least the means to stop it and so he participates just to put an end to it. In fact I would argue he has the best reason for taking part of this war.

JoeFu

Banned
Yay more monogatari!!! Happy it isn't a long wait from Hana. Hope there's no delay this time.

Obligatory Kizu when?

cajunator

Banned
Can somebody list the up to date Monogatari releases so far?

I have Bake, Nise, Neko white/Black, and Kabuki. Whats the next release?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mecha is cool, too bad modern mecha anime is riddled with problems.

Simple steps on improving modern mecha anime:

Less pretentious shit/don't be serious when you don't have the substance to make anyone care
More super robots
Less attempts at moe and fanservice
Less 3D
Less real robot shows that poorly try to copy the success of Gundam
Less angst
More hotblooded main characters
Better mecha designs

So basically, stop making real robot, start making super robot? That's basically what you're saying. All you're doing is exchanging one sub genre's tropes for another's.

Thoraxes

Can somebody list the up to date Monogatari releases so far?

I have Bake, Nise, Neko white/Black, and Kabuki. Whats the next release?

Otorimonogatari - Nadeko Medusa comes out 1 week from now! Orders will probably start shipping on this Thursday!

They already opened up pre-orders for Onimonogatari - Shinobu Time as well.

Personally, I still need to get Neko Black and Nise. I'll get them probably by year's end though. Especially because Yamato/Starblazers V5-V6 got delayed. Mostly need to see what kind of damage the holiday sale will do to my wallet.

You are all up to date though on what's currently out.

cajunator

Banned
Otorimonogatari - Nadeko Medusa comes out 1 week from now! Orders will probably start shipping on this Thursday!

They already opened up pre-orders for Onimonogatari - Shinobu Time as well.

Personally, I still need to get Neko Black and Nise. I'll get them probably by year's end though. Especially because Yamato/Starblazers V5-V6 got delayed. Mostly need to see what kind of damage the holiday sale will do to my wallet.

You are all up to date though on what's currently out.

Ok I do have Otorimonagatari ordered. I need to order Onimonagatari.

So let me try to figure this all out.

Bakemonogatari was first season
Nisemonogatari season

Then Nekomonogatari black set.

Then Bakemonogatari 2 was split up into 5 correct?
-Nekomonogatari white (Tsubasa cat)
-Kabukimonogatari (Mayoi snail)

Thats all thats out now. Then:

Otorimonogatari (Nadeko snake)
Onimonogatari (Shinobu)

After that is Senjougahara but I dont know what that boxset is called yet.

Then Hanamonogatari will be a new set.

Thoraxes

Ok I do have Otorimonagatari ordered. I need to order Onimonagatari.

So let me try to figure this all out.

Bakemonogatari was first season
Nisemonogatari season

Then Nekomonogatari black set.

Then Bakemonogatari 2 was split up into 5 correct?
-Nekomonogatari white (Tsubasa cat)
-Kabukimonogatari (Mayoi snail)

Thats all thats out now. Then:

Otorimonogatari (Nadeko snake)
Onimonogatari (Shinobu)

After that is Senjougahara but I dont know what that boxset is called yet.

Then Hanamonogatari will be a new set.

Ok I checked wiki apparently its Koimonogatari. Man this stuff is confusing. I want the whole story though.

Yup. Kizu eventually too.

So Oni, Koi, and Hana. Hana will probably be out much later than Oni and Koi. So of the releases in Japan, we'll have everything minus Hana probably by the end of Feb. Hana is weird because of all the delays.

Then I still have Nisekoi and Kill la Kill i'll be collecting as well.

Majin Bone Episode 30
LOL Shougo and Antonio's faces this episode, and then Gilbert's line, what a great way to start the tuesday morning work hour.

Kludeo-sama is too epic, that Rare Metal Wyvern from just forming a LINE ON HIS OWN! with no one else even! I hope everyone else can reach such a level

Was gone for a couple days and was looking forward to watching the bunch of episodes I missed.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - 02

Disappointing.

That lack of animation for the 'unimportant' performances was just sad. It then got jarring when Kaori's performance then gets the extra detailed treatment. I mean it's clear why they would do it like this but there's only so little animation you can get away with (within a fairly normal art-/animation style anyways).

If they want the great visuals then this show would've required the appropriate budget and staff/schedule...

Gugure! Kokkuri-san - 03

Disappointing.

Don't like the dog character much and this episode mostly repeated the same jokes we already had. Now another char joins the cast and he better be good or I'll drop it :/

FSN UBW - 02

Disappointing.

A whole episode handing out exposition in a boring manner is bad in itself but the fact that you pretty much know the vast majority of all that already, wow. Also there's too much wrong with the visuals for me to consider it visually impressive overall. Even a lot of the simple character animations seems off.

I haven't gone through the VN but while this may be a faithful adaption of the VN it's still going to be a shitty anime if it continues like this. The first episode was promising but man what a nose dive this early on already.

Amagi Park - 03

Disappointing.

Yeh there's really nothing funny about the repetitive slapstick sequences.

Most of the characters feel really shallow right now. That Moffle mascot gets so much screentime despite being unlikely as hell. His characterization also appears to be rather inconsistent. There were several times where he was acting rather obedient out of the sudden. Our MC didn't get any character development this episode. Instead he's executing very 'smart' ideas in order to attract visitors. You know, that kind of smart where the show wants to tell you its smart when it really isn't. All the while his oh so tragic background story has yet to wait for further revelation. :/

Shingeki no Bahamut - 03

This one was alright, though weaker than the previous 2 episodes.

Well, that kind of sucked :|
Only really have hope left for Parasyte, Shirobako and Shingeki no Bahamut. Maybe some too for Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. If Amagi Park and FSN UBW actually manage to become good shows instead of merely having a couple good moments from hereon, I'll be surprised.

BluWacky

Was gone for a couple days and was looking forward to watching the bunch of episodes I missed.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - 02

Disappointing.

That lack of animation for the 'unimportant' performances was just sad. It then got jarring when Kaori's performance then gets the extra detailed treatment. I mean it's clear why they would do it like this but there's only so little animation you can get away with (within a fairly normal art-/animation style anyways).

If they want the great visuals then this show would've required the appropriate budget and staff/schedule...

While it was disappointing, this show clearly has both a decent budget and at least some kind of sensible scheduling. The pre-credits sequence of episode 1 was completed by the end of March this year - it's not like it's horrifically last minute of anything.

I'm not sure I can think of a sensible way around this problem. I truly believe that what we got was the best that we could have expected - I wouldn't reasonably expect any TV animation studio to animate EVERY performance properly - but I do agree that the dramatic uplift in quality for Kaori's performance is jarring.

fertygo

While it was disappointing, this show clearly has both a decent budget and at least some kind of sensible scheduling. The pre-credits sequence of episode 1 was completed by the end of March this year - it's not like it's horrifically last minute of anything.

I'm not sure I can think of a sensible way around this problem. I truly believe that what we got was the best that we could have expected - I wouldn't reasonably expect any TV animation studio to animate EVERY performance properly - but I do agree that the dramatic uplift in quality for Kaori's performance is jarring.
Its a meta message for saying their performance is non-animated =p

Thanks to phoenix, it's time to get into...

Evangelion 01

Not sure if this is how I feel right now ;P

So they got the choice of sending out this guy Shinji without any training or the girl Rei who got some experience I gess, but is still recovering (from an earlier fight or something?) in one of those Eva units to fight something they call Angel.

And that Shinji got some problems with his dad as well and there's Fly Me to the Moon.

Oh I'm gonna enjoy those episode write-ups MikeHattsu.

Have to say though, you give him...'those' shows to watch and get Evangelion in return huh. Injustice!

Jex

*shrug*

They dumped the backstories into two separate big info dumps and Rita's stuff wasn't interesting either. It was a really poor episode.

Was it really though? Was it what you'd describe as 'really poor'? As in, actually pretty bad? It wasn't as engaging as what came before but it was still pretty good. We learnt a number of key things about a number of characters in the cast, had some slight character redevelopment, met new characters and new factions. Things were set up for future developments and it even had an action scene. I can't think of anything really bad there.

Instead, it seemed like fairly efficient storytelling; I can't recall a "big" info dump at any point in the episode. Demon Girl gave a quick explanation of what she did. Kaiser explained his back story. It seemed to go past pretty quick.

My REALLY big question with the show is - what's the deal with Bacchus? Is his cart omnipresent? How can Favro access immediately wherever he goes?

Evangelion 02

Must feel weird living in one of those buildings when they move.

It looks like it goes as expected when somebody without any training does things. Then Shinji moves in with Misato and... a penguin.

And then it's revealed that uh... it's alive? Hm... There's an eye at least :p

Some stuff about cover-ups and things that happened 15 years ago as well.

Link Man

Banned
Yona of the Dawn 3

I've come to the conclusion that this show has my favorite OP of the season.

So this episode, we get some more backstory, King Il shows his spine and we have a cute flashback to when they were all kids. Really enjoying this show so far (even with its weaknesses in dialogue).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom