• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

No that's 11.

It also cements Vetti as the best character in the series, as if that weren't clear in his first appearance.

Oh man, he's in for something then. Holy shit, I was in utter shock at how nobody on the writing staff could notice how fucking stupid and implausible that was.

Narag

Oh man, he's in for something then. Holy shit, I was in utter shock at how nobody on the writing staff could notice how fucking stupid and implausible that was.

Glass Fleet is simply such a satirical take on the space opera that we think it's meant to be taken seriously.

survivor

Banned
Detective Conan is the ultimate snack-food show. You can easily burn through 5-6 episodes a day because the plotlines are usually self-contained and each of the episodes are extremely engaging. The movies are mostly pretty great as well. As long as you don't expect too much (any serious character development) out of the show then you'll enjoy it.

Literally all of the episodes you listed are among my favorite.
You rarely get that from the TV show too.

Lain

Psycho-Pass 2 episode 2

Akane showed to know her squad well, putting the right people on the right tasks. Too bad that she seemed to get it in regards to the writing only at the end, though at least now she has some more leads to go on.

Fate stay night: Unlimited Blade works 2

I would have preferred to not re-watch the first episode from Shirou's point of view, though I got to see the beautiful scene of when best-girl Saber appears in front of him.
Another great episode, though the shitty 3D students (or whatever they were) toward the start of the episode were a bit too obvious.

Mature

Detective Conan is the ultimate snack-food show. You can easily burn through 5-6 episodes a day because the plotlines are usually self-contained and each of the episodes are extremely engaging. The movies are mostly pretty great as well. As long as you don't expect too much (any serious character development) out of the show then you'll enjoy it.

Literally all of the episodes you listed are among my favorite.
And here I thought I might be in the minority that counted Kogoro's Reunion among their favorites.

mankoto

Inou Battle 3

76083.png

How is this even possible...

I like trinity seven , but since i've watched episode 1 , something felt "off"

now i know what is wrong..

The low budget and the FACES

They messed up most of the faces

Lilith and grimoire -chan are the worst offenders

It looks like they all pulled an all nighter and are tired as hell.

After months of searching I finally got a Higurashi complete boxset brand new... for a semi-resonable price.

The discs work just fine and the episodes play without a problem. The only issues with the release is that it screams "vanilla edtiion" with the menu screens having no music, or sounds, just a still image of the DVD cover for that particular volume like it came out in 1998.

unfortunately yes, most of the faces are kinda messed up or don't follow the original style. Arata is actually the worst of them because he has the most screen time.
but i'll continue watching this because its my guilty pleasure.

After months of searching I finally got a Higurashi complete boxset brand new... for a semi-resonable price.

The discs work just fine and the episodes play without a problem. The only issues with the release is that it screams "vanilla edtiion" with the menu screens having no music, or sounds, just a still image of the DVD cover for that particular volume like it came out in 1998.

Horrible.

Sorry, but the marketing released for Higurashi were retarded; only the first season was licensed and released on DVD with a much needed Kai (the second season) not even recognized.

Big fan of Higurashi and good for you that you bought it, but you can't Higurashi without the Kai!

Clov

I'm surprised that you found this at all, the collected edition is quite rare! I still have the DVD singles of it that I bought as they released.

Anyway, the reason that Kai hasn't had a release here was because Higurashi sold absolutely terribly in North America. I can't really picture anyone picking it up ever again. However, I think some Australian company (Siren Visual maybe?) did release Kai on DVD, so you can always import that if you feel like collecting it.

Horrible.

Sorry, but the marketing released for Higurashi were retarded; only the first season was licensed and released on DVD with a much needed Kai (the second season) not even recognized.

Big fan of Higurashi and good for you that you bought it, but you can't Higurashi without the Kai!

You have a point. I do plan on buying and rewatching Kai when it (if ever) gets released in NA. I just wanted to own what was already released by Geneon/Funimation.

I'm surprised that you found this at all, the collected edition is quite rare! I still have the DVD singles of it that I bought as they released.

Anyway, the reason that Kai hasn't had a release here was because Higurashi sold absolutely terribly in North America. I can't really picture anyone picking it up ever again. However, I think some Australian company (Siren Visual maybe?) did release Kai on DVD, so you can always import that if you feel like collecting it.

Actually, you can find copies on sale at places like Amazon easily albeit for a stupidly expensive price. The actual surprise for me at least was getting it brand new for only $115.

As for Kai, you are correct. Siren Visual released the whole show on DVD in Australia. I'm hoping that Discotek, Nozomi or even Sentai will rescue the show in R1, long shot as it is.

Clov

Actually, you can find copies on sale at places like Amazon easily albeit for a stupidly expensive price. The actual surprise for me at least was getting it brand new for only $115.

As for Kai, you are correct. Siren Visual released the whole show on DVD in Australia. I'm hoping that Discotek, Nozomi or even Sentai will rescue the show in R1, long shot as it is.

If it would be anyone, I'd expect it from the first two. Discotek can really surprise me with their licenses at times; I never expected any company in a million years to be willing to touch Bokurano, but they have it! Very excited for some of the BDs they have coming out. Nozomi picks up a lot of obscure, forgotten stuff, so they're also a possibility. Sentai seems to be mostly focusing on new releases, with the occasional older release thanks to the deals they have with Tatsunoko and Sunrise.

Akainu

Seven Deadly Sins 3
I never really thought about it reading the manga, but, why didn't
Gilthunder truly attempt to kill Meliodas right then and there? As in not putting away his sword after dealing the "dealth blow." He should've known that a scratch on the back wouldn't be enough for someone of his caliber
He wasn't trying to kill him anyway and he was being watched.

Stage On

Sailor moon R

The first part of R is probably one of my favorites. I like the love square thing it had going on and the new attacks each of the Sailors gets since that really varied things up, especially since most of the time they seem to rely on only one attack for the entire season and don't bother to use old ones.

Plus Mercury finally gets an offensive attack that's worth a damn

One thing I'll have to say, hands down the Classic beats Crystal when it comes to the Transformations, why? Because they keep them simple and fairly quick in the Classic series where Crystal just goes over the top with tons of unnecessary extra flourishes which only results in drawing them out too darn long.

Rhapsody

Banned
Magic Kaito 1-3

It's unfortunate that they didn't give it a better budget, but all in all I'm enjoying it. The anime's fun to watch. It lets me just relax and be entertained. I'll probably start reading the manga since unlike Conan, I never read any of this yet. Plus I didn't know that translations were pretty much up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom