• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
God damn this is such a good season. Im almost at capacity for shows.

Twintails
Amagi
Fate/stay
Reconguista
Chaika
Inou Battle
Twintails
Shirobako
SAO2
Yuuki Yuuna was Yuusha de Aru

Still need to finish LH and GBF first seasons.

Twintails
Amagi
Fate/stay
Reconguista
Chaika
Inou Battle
Twintails
Shirobako
SAO2

You're still missing out on the best two shows of the season: Parasyte and Bahamut.

Branduil

Twintails
Amagi
Fate/stay
Reconguista
Chaika
Inou Battle
Twintails
Shirobako
SAO2

No Bahamut or Parasyte but watching Trigger garbage smh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well out of nowhere the conversation of Kids on the Slope arose at the breakfast table.

Well not quite. My mother has now started watching programmes via the NHK app on her iPad (which could potentially mean she'll watch more Japanese programmes this season than me) and apparently they had a section on anime which talked about rotoscoping. Since her description was about someone playing a piano I guessed it was KotS and showed a clip from YouTube to see if that was so. My father being a fan of freestyle jazz of course enjoyed what he heard.

jgminto

G Gundam 45

NOOOOOO, MASTER ASIA!!!! You were one awesome dude. Your motivations may have been insane but I couldn't help but admire your style and tenacity. No other man is worthy of his titles.
Also they really don't give a shit about spoiling episodes with the opening title cards, do they?

Utena - 16

Well nothing unusual. Just Nanami getting a cow bell and slowly turning into a cow.

Wat. Cajun wasn't lying about how crazy this can get.

Puruzi

Banned

Twintails
Amagi
Fate/stay
Reconguista
Chaika
Inou Battle
Twintails
Shirobako
SAO2

Impeccable taste.

jgminto

Gundam Build Fighters Try 3
ibvkGDisA9aG9Z.png

Can you hint at it any fucking harder!?
I feel like there has been a lot more shitty anime tropes in this season so far, especially in the supporting cast with all their blushing and annoying flirty attitudes which is even worse after seeing how amazingly G Gundam handles romance. Blue's whining was getting annoying this episode too. Luckily the other two of the main cast, Ral and the battling itself are still fantastic. I just hope the rest will improve once it gets serious. Although even with the issues still present, it remains multitudes better than the other Gundam garbage this season.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 3:

So I am guessing the shipping is being done on fast forward here because somehow we got a seasonal worth of it in one episode, this scares me. Anyway, this episode was mainly a showcase for the new Team Try and Yuuma is correct, they have a long way to go in order to be consider a team, and not just three individuals who happen to be working together. Also, the dysfunctional banter is already getting old. As far as Gyanko goes, well, she is a lot blander then I was expecting her to be, she was a touch arrogant and bit of rival but has degenerated into a Monkey D. Luffy situation and that is awful and I want to take a blowtorch to it. It was an alright episode, kind of that was there, that was okay. Also, this show has a real G Gundam fetish this season and we better be getting Master Asia out of it.

Mendrox

Still watching:

• Parasyte (for dickhand)
  • SAO2 (for waifus)
  • Bahamut (for interesting story)
  • Chaika (want to finish Chaika)
  • Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road (Loved the first season and just finished it last week)
  • Wixoss Spread (<3) (Wixoss is AOTY)
  • Akame Ga Kill (For boobs and Game of Thrones)
  • Amagi Brilliant Park (For...more waifus?)
  • Psycho Pass 2 (Interested in seeing how they fuck everything up even more)

Season is good so far. Loving Bahamut more and more.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 147 (engDub)

Pretty great duel though the outcome was expected. I still await the day Miwa gets to win big time. Fortunately, Miwa is always in this together with Kai, so I kind of loved his lines about being in it with him to the end even if this was the path Kai decided on. As rekka said a few episodes ago, Best buds and BFFs.

DaisukeIzuka needs to design more cfvangurd cards though (the one for 2014 does look awesome hope it appeared in the anime). Star-Vader Chaos Breaker Dragon is too godly.
B0jgB-PIIAA7Uhx.png:large

Midonin

Gundam Build Fighters Try 03

Kaoruko's not quite as dynamic as I was expecting - I was thinking she'd go into full supervillain territory complete with OHOHOHOHOHO, but she was a pretty respectful opponent. Still, I like her character design, and pixiv's response to it. Ral's not getting much respect, cut off just before his big battle. I wasn't counting on Kaoruko/Sekai to be one of the main pairings this year, but I can work with it.

phaze

Gundam Wing 44-49 END

One of the very few times Wu-Fei made sense.

Well, this remained a festival of stupidity till the very end. I want go back in time and slap my past self for enjoying that dozen of episodes I managed to catch all those years ago.

This show is loaded with pseudo-philosophical bullshit that manages to make Naruto's take on war & peace issues look sane and nuanced. 90 % of the cast must have escaped from some space asylum because their actions and interactions make no sense. There is Relena with her droning about idiotic doctrine of complete pacifism and a hard on for Heero, the guy who threatens to kill her during their every interaction. Then there's Lady Un who develops split personalities (!). Also included are the villain who wants to
save humanity by wiping out half of it.
Treize who is a big fan of chivalry and manned mobile suits
yet his actions lead directly to the emergence and wide use of computer controlled mechs
. The one saving grace was Duo, who actually resembled a logically functioning human being.

On the visual front there isn't much to praise either. True, the usual orgy of explosions and of Gundams dispatching with dozens of enemy mobile suits was weirdly satisfying, even despite the lacklustre execution. Given the sheer amount of such encounters against the fodder, the lack of quality sakuga there was not surprising and didn't bother me much. Unfortunately the studio didn't manage to up the ante during the major duels. Poor animation and nearly non existent choreography made them feel like just another random battle in a series full of them.

Also, I swear, the whole "Earth oppresses colonies" thing was kept as vague as possible. The latter clearly had their own governments, administration and leaders, all that despite some Earth military presence on them (that was mentioned like 2 times in the show). The Earth officials even needed diplomatic accreditation to take part in the negotiations with colonies. How exactly did this stupid system work we never get to find out.

Wing is a bad, bad show with wooden and brain dead characters, incomprehensible and pretentious plot and weak production values. The only proper way to watch it is to take a shot every time someone in the series mentions peace. I've no idea how it stakes up in comparison to the rest of franchise but I hope it is a low point.

Japarican

Banned
Yeah lots of people recommended Gundam Wing, so I watched it...it was complete shit. I
guess people just enjoyed the gundamns back then because the story is 200% ass.

Yeah lots of people recommended Gundam Wing, so I watched it...it was complete shit. I
guess people just enjoyed the gundamns back then because the story is 200% ass.

Mobile Suit designs in Wing were pretty good, so yeah that's it's biggest selling point.

The story is all over the place as everyone keeps changing their alliences and their actions making it hard to follow who's doing what.

IMO it's a mid tier Gundam series at best. There are far better series to try out than Wing.

cheezcake

So I started watching because well, it was on netflix, sounded interesting and UBW was coming out so why not. Holy shit it's good. All the heroes are memorable, all the characters are interesting (with the exception of Irisviel maybe). Sound track and animation are top notch. And this episode, THIS EPISODE.

Kiritsugu cold blooded as fuck. Forcing Lancer to commit suicide, murdering Kayneth and Sola after they enter that contract. Holy shit.

Gundam Wing 44-49 END

Wing is a bad, bad show with wooden characters, incomprehensible and pretentious plot and weak production values. The only proper way to watch it is to take a shot every time someone in the series mentions peace. I've no idea how it stakes up in comparison to the rest of franchise but I hope it is a low point.

We Gundam fans have been trying tell you people this for over 10 years. WING IS ASSSSSSSSSS. and not the good kind!

Toonami nostalgia bums refuse to stop recommending this nightmare. Everyone, watch a real Gundam show for your own sake.

Gundam Wing 44-49 END

Well, this remained a festival of stupidity till the very end. I want go back in time and slap my past self for enjoying that dozen of episodes I managed to catch all those years ago.

Gonna have to agree with you on this one. I'm 30 episodes in and Wing has become a chore to watch. And if what your saying is true about
someone trying to pull a Char's Counterattack
I'm probably just going to drop the show outright rather than put it on-hold because if there's one thing if there's one thing I remember from watching CCA years ago, it's Char's stupid plan to
wipe out most of humanity on earth in the name of peace.

Soma

I remember liking Gundam Wing back in the toonami days and I don't want to watch it again now because I'm sure my new-found judgement will hate it and destroy my precious memories.

It had some sweet designs though.

Mr.Jeff

Been trying to get Wing out of the way so I can move onto G then GBF but the first 5 episodes and these impressions aren't helping!

Been trying to get Wing out of the way so I can move onto G then GBF but the first 5 episodes and these impressions aren't helping!

Corvo is busy right now, so in his place I shall tell you that you should drop Wing and go straight to G for G is ultimately the superior show.

phaze

What? its the best gundam, only seed has come close to being that good for me.

I have this creeping suspicion that the rest of the Gundams don't feature five bishounens as their main leads. :p

We Gundam fans have been trying tell you people this for over 10 years. WING IS ASSSSSSSSSS. and not the good kind!

Toonami nostalgia bums refuse to stop recommending this nightmare. Everyone, watch a real Gundam show for your own sake.

I did !

I watched two episodes of Reconguista.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

ndaxxyizzoo7.gif

Gonna have to agree with you on this one. I'm 30 episodes in and Wing has become a chore to watch. And if what your saying is true about
someone trying to pull a Char's Counterattack
I'm probably just going to drop the show outright rather than put it on-hold because if there's one thing if there's one thing I remember from watching CCA years ago, it's Char's stupid plan to
wipe out most of humanity on earth in the name of peace.

(Wing spoilers)
It does happen in the very last episodes. ;P

So I started watching because well, it was on netflix, sounded interesting and UBW was coming out so why not. Holy shit it's good. All the heroes are memorable, all the characters are interesting (with the exception of Irisviel maybe). Sound track and animation are top notch. And this episode, THIS EPISODE.

Kiritsugu cold blooded as fuck. Forcing Lancer to commit suicide, murdering Kayneth and Sola after they enter that contract. Holy shit.

It's a non stop, glorious ride from here on. Savour it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom