• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder if the neural bridge in Pacific Rim is a direct homage to Evangelion. Im thinking yes. Did any other mech shows utilize this idea?

Well, Del Toro mentions Eva in both the commentaries and the behind the scenes material multiple times.

Picked these up :D

Gurren Lagann Ultimate Blu-ray Box-set

Never seen Geass and Steins;Gate so I look forward to them. Watching Lagann in 30mins with my little bro.

Nice Enjoy Steins;Gate.

Looking at the cover and such it doesn't strike me as the type of show that would be soo highly regarded so I'm really surprised it's actually supposed to be really good and I'm kinda curious to check it out as soon as I get the chance. Can Geass really be that good? As you can tell I'm super cynical about anime and the acclaim received by such. The top anime rarely do pull me in so I look forward to seeing if shows like Brotherhood and Gintama are actually legit or if shows like Clannad will actually be good or just make me laugh at the art-style the whole way through. I'm a meanie aren't I? :p I bet I'll end up loving half these shows in the end!

You're the meanest one here ;P

Thoraxes

Yay stuff!
Niiiice!
Sentai February
http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-february-2013-release-schedu

Golden Time Collection 2 (DVD/Bluray)
Leviathan- The Last Defense (DVD/Bluray Dub)
Engaged to the Unidentified (DVD/Bluray)
Reideen (DVD)
Hozuki's Coolheadness (DVD/Bluray)
Diabolik Lovers (Bluray Dub)
Space Brothers Collection 1 (DVD/Bluray)
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions CE
In for Kobeni. I just want a release date for Kawaisou now. It's gotta be in the next couple months.

Yamato 2199 - 03
Another good episode however it raises a question: in the first episode the conventional weapons barely causes any damage to the Gamilian's ships. Is there something different about the Yamato's regular laser and projectile weaponry? Even if the lasers are magically powered by the new alien technology, why do the projectiles start working??
I think they go more in depth about the Yamato plan later.

Basically technology has evolved thanks to the people who helped them put the Yamato plan together, but it's all in that project because it was all or nothing for humanity.

Erigu

Im still eternally confused how this whole thing plays out. So This is part of Hanamonogatari? It doesnt seem to be part of Bakemonogatari 2 since that ended with Hitagi. I think. Im just so confused.
The usual list:

Monogatari Series

1st Season:
* Bakemonogatari (15 episodes)
* Kizumonogatari (one movie... eventually)
* Nisemonogatari (11 episodes)
* Nekomonogatari (Kuro) (4 episodes)

2nd Season:
* Nekomonogatari (Shiro) (5 episodes)
* Kabukimonogatari (4 episodes)
* Hanamonogatari (5 episodes)
* Otorimonogatari (4 episodes)
* Onimonogatari (4 episodes)
* Koimonogatari (6 episodes)

Final Season:
* Tsukimonogatari (4 episodes)
* Koyomimonogatari (?)
* Owarimonogatari (?)
* Zoku-Owarimonogatari (?)

Next Season:
* Tsugimonogatari (?)
(... and more?)

Wikipedia also has a list of the novels, complete with the names of the individual stories.

From what I understand (haven't read the LN or anything) Hana chronologically the last thing that ever happens. Araragi is graduated, Kanbaru is a third year, life has moved on.
Yep.

This upcoming stuff are things that happen after the Hitagi end I think?
Tsukimonogatari is, yes, but not all of the Final Season takes place after Koimonogatari. We go back in time here and there.

javac

Well, Del Toro mentions Eva in both the commentaries and the behind the scenes material multiple times.

I remember him talking about how he hadn't watched eva pre Pacific Rim as he didn't want it to influence him but his daughter really loves the series and got him the series to watch after PR is released. Don't know how much that holds up compared to what you heard? I read this a while ago when PR had just released in the cinema.

Nice Enjoy Steins;Gate.
I will! My little brother is basically begging me to watch it so I bought it lol.

You're the meanest one here ;P
Hey what can I say? I'm just super cynical and pessimistic is all! I've always been a person who is more into 'the feels' that touch me and leave an impression on me rather than run of the mill shows that come and go so it takes a lot to convince me to watch something. Track record is perfect so far, never really watched a show I disliked. Maybe I'm more easily pleased than I put up.

I remember him talking about how he hadn't watched eva pre Pacific Rim as he didn't want it to influence him but his daughter really loves the series and got him the series to watch after PR is released. Don't know how much that holds up compared to what you heard? I read this a while ago when PR had just released in the cinema.

Hm... Maybe that was what he was talking about in it. I don't remember exactly. I'll have to give it another listen/watch.

javac

Pics of the UK KLK Blu-ray set, part 1 of 3. Out this November 3rd. Looks nice but I may have to cancel for the time being and get it later.
tl5QoFe.jpg

ueR78Rz.jpg

c0vNldt.jpg

9viQXFE.jpg

SH2Q16o.jpg

JNWyrQ2.jpg

0WZk6L6.jpg

S6KKTve.jpg

SdqqWzF.jpg

xMvhjPQ.jpg

3aNsbkG.jpg

lQfkcht.jpg

yZJN2PP.jpg

DZYBLi2.jpg

fssPdIp.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was going to buy it, but then I noticed the Kotaku quote so decided not to. All the Anime lost all my money.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well to redeem it, here's a quote for Vol 2

"Do you like action? Do you like nudity? Do you like tweening? Then this show will be right up your alley! 5 Stars out of 3" - BGBW

phaze

From what I understand (haven't read the LN or anything) Hana chronologically the last thing that ever happens. Araragi is graduated, Kanbaru is a third year, life has moved on. This upcoming stuff are things that happen after the Hitagi end I think? Might need someone who read the books to shine some light.

So does that mean no resolution to the million dollar "Who the hell is Ougi and what does she want." question ? In Hana she still strolls around the school like nothing ever happened.

What the hell is this shit.

The "uncensored" scene from beginning of episode 2.

Some comparisons stolen from reddit:

lol

In most cases, the censorship was really pointless in the first place.

javac

Well to redeem it, here's a quote for Vol 2

"Do you like action? Do you like nudity? Do you like tweening? Then this show will be right up your alley! 5 Stars out of 3" - BGBW

The thing is, with a quote that good they can't get away with just slapping it on some removable obi! They'd have to have it on screen at all time!

Also, Anime Limited seem to be selling early copies of Space Dandy on Blu-ray at MCM Expo. It comes with an exclusive reversible cover and you can get it by showing proof of purchase of the standard or collectors edition or just purchase the Blu-ray at the stand. Watanabe-san will also be there to sign them.

DiGiKerot

The thing is, with a quote that good they can't get away with just slapping it on some removable obi! They'd have to have it on screen at all time!

Also, Anime Limited seem to be selling early copies of Space Dandy on Blu-ray at MCM Expo. It comes with an exclusive reversible cover and you can get it by showing proof of purchase of the standard or collectors edition or just purchase the Blu-ray at the stand. Watanabe-san will also be there to sign them.

All these dumb event exclusives I'd probably end up buying probably makes it a good thing I'm not at !Expo this time round, even if it does mean I'll not be getting the Halloween Miku nendoroid GSC are selling. Oh, well, I got Watanabe to sign my Genius Party when he was over last year, so I've already done my weird hipster signing as far as he's involved.

Anime Ltd also have three license announcements to make over the course of the weekend, though I think they're doing those over Facebook/Twitter rather than at event panels.

javac

All these dumb event exclusives I'd probably end up buying probably makes it a good thing I'm not at !Expo this time round, even if it does mean I'll not be getting the Halloween Miku nendoroid GSC are selling. Oh, well, I got Watanabe to sign my Genius Party when he was over last year, so I've already done my weird hipster signing as far as he's involved.

Nothing hipster about it! That's pretty bad ass, I'd love to meet the man and get something like that signed.

Anime Ltd also have three license announcements to make over the course of the weekend, though I think they're doing those over Facebook/Twitter rather than at event panels.

Yeah I look forward to what they have in store. Since they are doing the simulcast for the new Gundam and Right Stuf announced that they're bringing Gundam to the US, I wonder if AL will do something Gundam related?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Any licences that's not Mitsudomoe or YuruYuri is a waste of time.

I really shouldn't have joked about going on the Apprentice to propose anime licensing as a business idea to Sugar and actually applied.

Also, what does one do an anime con? At a videogame con you play demos, at a business con you talk to companies, at a bakery con (which incidently I'm going to this weekend) you learn baking tips and buy baking good, at an anime con you stand around in cos play and buy over priced drawing from nobodies?

DiGiKerot

Nothing hipster about it! That's pretty bad ass, I'd love to meet the man and get something like that signed.

Well, it's just hipster in the sense that it's not Bebop or Champloo - I often only tend to bother getting something signed if I've got something I figures a little offbeat to get signed. Like, how I spent my oh-so-valuable Yoko Kanno signing ticket at Otakon last year getting a LA TV drama soundtrack signed rather than something anime related (and even Kanno mistook that for something else at first!)

Also, what does one do an anime con? At a videogame con you play demos, at a business con you talk to companies, at a bakery con (which incidently I'm going to this weekend) you learn baking tips and buy baking good, at an anime con you stand around in cos play and buy over priced drawing from nobodies?

MCM isn't really an anime con, more a general nerd media convention. Honestly, it's 60% a glorified dealers room, with no-great bootleg control, and I only tend to go for (a) an excuse for a trip into London, and (b) because I know a few press-types who pretty much have to go, so at least I can catch up with a few people whilst I'm there. Of the other 40%, an increasing amount of the show is basically a videogames convention at this point, with a lot of big publishers showing up with stuff to show off. Otherwise, I guess there's some limited panel programming.

The panel programming is really the meat of an actual anime convention, with you know, people who generally know a bit about cartoons taking about cartoons. Sometimes they're industry folks, too! Also, concerts. Concerts are fun.

Also volumes suck. Just sell me the complete show in one set.

Complain to the Japanese licensors - in the case of Kill la Kill, at least, they only wanted to split it into two halves, but it was vito'd by Aniplex who wanted them to follow the US release pattern. Apparently even getting it in as few as three releases was something of a battle.

I mean, maybe there'll be a complete collection in a years time - they've actually been remarkably prompt in getting Dandy and Kill la Kill to market in comparison to how long these normally take, which will be impacting what the licensors are permitting in terms of release format - but I gather that Aniplex are increasingly flexing their muscles in terms of what they'll allow UK licensors to do. It's reflected in how Manga have had to release Sword Art (following the US release format, no complete collection bundle allowed), and how MVM are going to have to release Monogatari going forward. The days of the worlds cheapest Madoka are probably past, alas.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Also which cover is the exclusive cover out of all those designs?

javac

Also which cover is the exclusive cover out of all those designs?

In the first image, the one on the left is the exclusive. The blu-ray on the right is what you usually get. The second and third pictures just show the standard cover on the inside while the fourth picture is the normal cover but reversed. The last two pictures are the exclusive cover applied, showing both sides while the normal cover is discarded on the right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is why need someone like Alan Sugar in charge. He'd call AniPlex out on their "bullshit" (his language, not mine). Man, cheap Madoka was a step in the right direction and I had such hope for anime releases here. Such a shame its all gone backwards with volume and useless tat to push up the price.

As for the covers, standard cover is better and captures the nature of the show. Not really missing out on anything by not getting the exclusive.

javac

This is why need someone like Alan Sugar in charge. He'd call AniPlex out on their "bullshit" (his language, not mine). Man, cheap Madoka was a step in the right direction and I had such hope for anime releases here. Such a shame its all gone backwards with volume and useless tat to push up the price.

As for the covers, standard cover is better and captures the nature of the show. Not really missing out on anything by not getting the exclusive.

I actually don't think the UK Madoka sold that well even with the cheap no frills Blu-ray release. I actually like what Anime Limited are doing in terms of packaging overall. They've released less frilly stuff like Garden of Words and Perfect Blue. Overall I like what they do with most of the releases in Japan, just normal Amarays with a nice cover, sturdy box and a nice art-book and soundtrack.

MVM releases seem to be less frilly and cheap but the covers usually look pretty amateur. I feel bad for saying that since they're probably trying but it is what it is.

As for the cover, both look nice but I do like the exclusive more. Haven't seen the show however so no idea.

DiGiKerot

I actually don't think the UK Madoka sold that well even with the cheap no frills Blu-ray release. I actually like what Anime Limited are doing in terms of packaging overall. They've released less frilly stuff like Garden of Words and Perfect Blue. Overall I like what they do with most of the releases in Japan, just normal Amarays with a nice cover, sturdy box and a nice art-book and soundtrack.

The UK Madoka TV set sold below expectations by most reports, which is probably one of the reasons why there's been no local movement on the movies so far. That said, I don't think the price or the packaging particularly had much to do with that, more that, by the time Manga actually announced they had the license, let alone the specifics of what they were doing with it, the show was mostly, if not entirely, out already in other territories on BDs that'd happily play ball on UK BD decks. I know more than a few people who'd picked up the US releases - in a lot of cases the LEs - in a fit of enthusiasm over the show expecting it to never come out over here, at least not in any kind of reasonable timeframe.

It's kind of the issue with a lot of these bigger shows, though, and I think it's a large reason as to why Anime Ltd try to put noise out really early - sometimes too early - in regards to their release plans, to try to ensure folks that they aren't going to be waiting too long or missing out on too much waiting for a local release. Also part of why they fill their release with tat and/or try to pay a lot more attention to their packaging design than most UK distros do.

duckroll

I realize that, but he looks curiously small, when you look at the chair and the armrests...

It's a simulated perspective based on how it's supposed to look from that angle. The sofa chair is supposed to be pretty "big". There's an establishing shot of the room here:

Considering how his dad is supposed to be huge (in every scene where they stand next to each other, he's taller by half a head at least, and has a larger body size), I think it looks about as right as it can for something which looked like garbage when it aired and they have fix like hundreds of shots in every episode! Lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The problem the market has is that it is selling to an audience that has already seen the show. That's not how to grow a market. If one can buy the whole show with no thrills for £20-£30 people who have just heard of the show or even just perusing the shop (I mean, a quote on the front and a blurb on the back of that KLK box does indicate they want to sell to curious browser) and come across it are more likely to buy it. There's no incentive to buy part of a show with trinkets you likely have no interest in, especially if the volume in stock is not the first one. Why would you buy part 2 before part 1? And those who have seen it may not even have an incentive to watch it again, and they are likely already using streaming services to watch these shows. So basically, all you're left with is a tiny market.

There are other flaws like anime in the UK not even appearing on TV so you can't even gain an audience like other TV shows can. It's such a flawed business so it is no wonder that most anime studios struggle to even make a tiny bit of profit.

javac

The UK Madoka TV set sold below expectations by most reports, which is probably one of the reasons why there's been no local movement on the movies so far. That said, I don't think the price or the packaging particularly had much to do with that, more that, by the time Manga actually announced they had the license, let alone the specifics of what they were doing with it, the show was mostly, if not entirely, out already in other territories on BDs that'd happily play ball on UK BD decks. I know more than a few people who'd picked up the US releases - in a lot of cases the LEs - in a fit of enthusiasm over the show expecting it to never come out over here, at least not in any kind of reasonable timeframe.

It's kind of the issue with a lot of these bigger shows, though, and I think it's a large reason as to why Anime Ltd try to put noise out really early - sometimes too early - in regards to their release plans, to try to ensure folks that they aren't going to be waiting too long or missing out on too much waiting for a local release. Also part of why they fill their release with tat and/or try to pay a lot more attention to their packaging design than most UK distros do.

Yeah you're not wrong. It's hard to pinpoint why sales ended up below expectations. I'll admit that I picked up the UK Blu-ray but only after a long time whereas with the Anime Limited releases I've been pre-ordering even if I'm not too interested in the show. I pre-ordered Durarara Collector's Edition even though I didn't know what the show was really about so maybe people like myself have more money than brains but I guess when I see something nice and shiny and 'limited I 'jump a lot quicker.

A limited Madoka release would have got some attention from people like myself for sure even if it was some useless tat and such thrown in. You'd think there wouldn't be that many people like that especially in the UK, but Manga themselves always come out with limited stuff like the Akira and Ghost in the Shell Steelbooks and such with decent fanfare. If I recall Akira was late over here too.

A lot plays into it like price, date and the amount of time or lack thereof between regions however I do believe limited and collectors editions help if only a bit. Then again the recent Lagann Ultimate set was limited to 2000 units and is still available. I guess I'm not privy to sales data and the amount that's expected for such releases so it's hard to gauge. You look at a show like FLCL, I doubt it sold that well in the UK and that can be again attributed to the time between releases but also the fact that it's just a regular release with a crummy cover. A bit of tlc goes a long way!

Standard, cheap releases do go a long way. Most of the stuff in the UK is pretty cheap I'd say. Take for instance Code Geass on Blu-ray. Although season 1 is sold out everywhere these days, once upon a time it was pretty cheap. Season 2 is still very cheap. I guess it being hard to get a hold of has more to do with Kaze UK.

DiGiKerot

The problem the market has is that it is selling to an audience that has already seen the show. That's not how to grow a market. If one can buy the whole show with no thrills for £20-£30 people who have just heard of the show or even just perusing the shop (I mean, a quote on the front and a blurb on the back of that KLK box does indicate they want to sell to curious browser) and come across it are more likely to buy it. There's no incentive to buy part of a show with trinkets you likely have no interest in, especially if the volume in stock is not the first one. Why would you buy part 2 before part 1? And those who have seen it may not even have an incentive to watch it again, and they are likely already using streaming services to watch these shows. So basically, all you're left with is a tiny market.

There are other flaws like anime in the UK not even appearing on TV so you can't even gain an audience like other TV shows can. It's such a flawed business so it is no wonder that most anime studios struggle to even make a tiny bit of profit.

The folks at most of the anime labels are pretty acutely aware of this, honestly - It's why both Manga and MVM were so bent on trying to aggressively push on price for so long. It's also about knowing the show, though - if you've got something in the zeitgeist, you need to get it out quick. Some shows are able to demand a premium price. Some shows are only ever going to sell well to folks who want their releases full of guff, at least at a price what makes sense. All physical media is increasingly becoming a format for people wanting near-archival quality releases, though, not necessarily for people wanting to watch things once. Aniplex's whole home media strategy in the US is based upon the fact that streaming is good enough for most people who'll only watch once, and they'll exact as much as possible from the crazies with the home release.

TV isn't really so much of a gateway to discovery these days either, really. There's too much on, and too many other media avenues to peruse if nothing catches your fancy. If something isn't on one of the channels perceived as being curated, for want of a better term (or shall we say mass-media? Thinking of the main 4 Classic TV stations here), no-one is just going to randomly watch it. Anime Ltds attempt at a solution to this is to push as much as their media as they can onto media streams that actual normal people watch - most of their releases are on Netflix already - but I've no idea how that is working out for them.

(The size of the UK market versus mastering costs, printing costs and BBFC expenses doesn't particularly help either, honestly, particularly when you are manufacturing for only one market. That the actual physical disks are legally required to carry a BBFC logo over here really hurts us)

javac

Anecdotal but Ghibli seem to do really well in the UK on home media. They get a lot of coverage on Film 4 and the such too and I bet that helps them a lot. Helps that the movies are all amazing and accessible. I actually wouldn't mind premium releases of the Ghibli films, they released four steelbooks last year which I bought alongside the standard releases but that's it on that front.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll be honest, I'm very much thinking of my own interest with these complaints, though I do believe that the market is flawed and could use improving. It's good to hear that the publishers over here recognise this, just a shame they really aren't in the position to do anything about it. I want to support shows I like, but I'm cautious with money and I don't find many of the releases to be good value and price is after all what one is willing to pay for something. This is why I've gone with the figurine buying route, 1. I can support shows that will never be licensed here 2. I'm willing to pay the asking price.

BBC4 likes foreign thrillers, why not show Psycho Pass as well. ;)

Anecdotal but Ghibli seem to do really well in the UK on home media. They get a lot of coverage on Film 4 and the such too and I bet that helps them a lot. Helps that the movies are all amazing and accessible. I actually wouldn't mind premium releases of the Ghibli films, they released four steelbooks last year which I bought alongside the standard releases but that's it on that front.

Also helps that they were often sold for £5 each, so comparative to the rest of the films on sale.

Midonin

Aikatsu 105

Hinaki's more or less officially in the group now, nice. She's on her way to becoming my favorite of them. Hinaki's past isn't too bad - this is a super family-friendly show - but it's always nice to see parents in shows like these. Especially since the chances of Ringo showing up again are pretty unlikely.

DiGiKerot

The lingering positive press from Spirited Away winning some kind of award helps, but the Ghibli films are managed here by a major European distributor who can manage the movies in a more mainstream distribution schedule - many of them might not get wide cinema releases but they have enough of a reputation that they can put them out in a controlled theatrical release and expect every major media publication to give them at least a review in terms of coverage, which inevitably leads to an increased interest in their back catalogue. I gather that they are incredibly on-the-ball and careful about the way that they roll out new Ghibli releases these days.

No-one else in the industry (and, really, Ghibli is a completely separate market to the rest of anime pretty much everywhere in the world anyway) has that kind of cache - The folks at Anime Ltd were kind of astonished that the recent London screenings of Giovanni's Island were actually picked up by just two of the UK newspapers, let alone all of them like a Ghibli flick probably would have. It's amazing what widespread positive press coverage can do for your titles, basically.

Also helps that they were often sold for £5 each, so comparative to the rest of the films on sale.

Thruthfact: The UK is the worlds biggest market for Gonzo's movie Origin:Spirits of the Past, because it's (a) constantly on sale, (b) frequently end capped at HMV (Infact, the anime end caps frequently feature art from the movie), and (c) the cover looks like of slightly Ghibli-ish. Apparently it's sold something crazy like over 100k copies.

Thruthfact: The UK is the worlds biggest market for Gonzo's movie Origin:Spirits of the Past, because it's (a) constantly on sale, (b) frequently end capped at HMV (Infact, the anime end caps frequently feature art from the movie), and (c) the cover looks like of slightly Ghibli-ish. Apparently it's sold something crazy like over 100k copies.

Haha. I own a copy of that. :p

javac

I'll be honest, I'm very much thinking of my own interest with these complaints, though I do believe that the market is flawed and could use improving. It's good to hear that the publishers over here recognise this, just a shame they really aren't in the position to do anything about it. I want to support shows I like, but I'm cautious with money and I don't find many of the releases to be good value and price is after all what one is willing to pay for something. This is why I've gone with the figurine buying route, 1. I can support shows that will never be licensed here 2. I'm willing to pay the asking price.
Yeah I mean it's not like you're being selfish in your complains, it's a true problem and I'm still surprised we get releases here in the UK of any kind with the kind of sales they probably get. A release like AoT probably gets a lot of traction with the hype behind the show and the marketing Manga does, same with things like the Rebuild Eva films.

A lot has to do with the general perception of anime in the UK I think. Everything seems to exists in its own realm and regurgitated by the same people. With things like Ghibli, I remember seeing ads on CN for Poppy Hill the week it came out. You don't see much marketing for anime so a lot of people genuinely blink and miss them.

Buying figures is great, but its just pumping money into the Japanese market really and doesn't bring to light our country's plight in this desperate struggle to support anime with our great British yens.

Yeah the Blu-rays usually release at around the £12 to £15 mark but you generally find them a lot cheaper as time goes on at places like HMV while the DVD's can be found for stupidly cheap prices.

The lingering positive press from Spirited Away winning some kind of award helps, but the Ghibli films are managed here by a major European distributor who can manage the movies in a more mainstream distribution schedule - many of them might not get wide cinema releases but they have enough of a reputation that they can put them out in a controlled theatrical release and expect every major media publication to give them at least a review in terms of coverage, which inevitably leads to an increased interest in their back catalogue. I gather that they are incredibly on-the-ball and careful about the way that they roll out new Ghibli releases these days.
Yeah Ghibli is in a whole different league from its heritage to the way Studio Canal treat the releases. Really well done and professional overall (although they still can't get the numbering right!)

The cinema near me always plays the Ghibli films and it's fun to see the diversity in age and gender within the auditorium.

Is the UK also the number one country for Urotsukidoji based on it always being on the end cap. ;)
Just searched for that on Google images. I'm scareroused.

Quasar

a giant shame since the cast was likeable even if the MC was painfully GENERIC and dull.
If we had a S3 , we would have the start of some answersto the mess we' ve had.
We probably could have the cruiser boat chapter too !!

*sigh*

Yeah. Though I don't mind the MC. Curiously though its one of the few shows where I like the dub. Maybe its simply due to seeing the dub first.

Though the whole jinki and beyond part of the manga I've found to drag. But then heavy fighting manga I find always feels that way to me. So maybe having all those fights animated would be better. Of course almost all the comedy/relationship stuff has seemed pretty striped away....a bit like, but not as bad as the final third of Rosario to Vampire.

Yeah. Though I don't mind the MC. Curiously though its one of the few shows where I like the dub. Maybe its simply due to seeing the dub first.

Though the whole jinki and beyond part of the manga I've found to drag. But then heavy fighting manga I find always feels that way to me. So maybe having all those fights animated would be better. Of course almost all the comedy/relationship stuff has seemed pretty striped away....a bit like, but not as bad as the final third of Rosario to Vampire.

Well we're near the end ( in the manga ) and i must admit there was some cool encounters here and there..it'"s a shame that those franchises never get a fully adaptation

sonicmj1

Parasyte 3

I'm not sure how to get deeper into it at this point, but I was really impressed with this episode, and how it's used everything it's developed so far to both surprise and shock, to escalate tension. And everything is feeding back into Shinichi's development in a very satisfying way. I was definitely enjoying the show a lot up to this point, but this episode is probably my favorite so far.

mankoto

Gundam Build Fighters Try 3
Always thought the word "Try," was in the title as a way to make a obvious use of the number 3,when in actuality, it's the name of the team. I honestly don't like how everyone is being shipped off so quickly. It just doesn't feel right compared to how the original did it.

Now, the real question is, how is Ral still 35 even though this is 7 years later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom