• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donten ni Warau - 04

Given how last episode ended, I'm fairly disappointed how this turned out.
Mr Fox motives for his past actions haven't been revealed, but there has to be a link between the Kumoh parents and the Fuma clan. And then theres still the mystery with Big Bro's
corpse explosion
. Instead this focused on Middle Bro letting go of his rage and maturing.
JDMBrwL.jpg
2B6ynai.jpg

@Cajun: I can't give you the exact reason horse heads became so popular, but it seems to be the new rage. I went to the last South by South West (SXSW) in Austin, and my friends and I bought masks for the days we were there. We were a chicken (me), a pig and a unicorn. I can't tell you how many people stopped us to take pictures, particularly how many people loved my friend's unicorn mask. They're all over music videos and halloween costumes as well.

cajunator

Banned
Aikatsu - 04

I tried aikatsu once , and while it wasn't bad , something didn't click ... maybe i was bored , maybe i had more intresting things to watch at the time, i don't know. still i kept the idea of watching aikatsu again after some time to give it a proper verdict since at the time the 3episode rules didn't produce significant results

And here i am.

I don't know what changed since then , maybe it's the episode itself , maybe it's the fact that i'm dull to CG dancing or CG animation because of precure and other show that aired since then but somehow i didn't mind this episode. Maybe it's because this episode 4 was the first time the heroine didn't mess up or didn't back down because someone else had more willpower than her , i really don't know.

But this episode 4 was ok , i guess i can start watching aikatsu and hopefully get back up to date ( who knows ? ) good thing i'm currently in holidays :)

So during this episode , Our main heroine get his first fan ( Correction : first male fan ) and doesn't mess up . This was ok. let this be the start of a streak of episode i'll enjoy.

Daisuki is a really terrible video streaming site.

@Cajun: I can't give you the exact reason horse heads became so popular, but it seems to be the new rage. I went to the last South by South West (SXSW) in Austin, and my friends and I bought masks for the days we were there. We were a chicken (me), a pig and a unicorn. I can't tell you how many people stopped us to take pictures, particularly how many people loved my friend's unicorn mask. They're all over music videos and halloween costumes as well.

Ive seen it in videos and pictures as far back as ten years ago.

Link Man

Banned
iHz8m43bkQdcj.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And on another note:

Your Lie in April 3

Incredible episode. Not much else to say, I was left in awe.

cajunator

Banned

Ah so thats what it is. I think I first saw it in a Sadako fanart music video in flash. That was so long ago. I can still remember the song and everything. (it was NOVA non-stop mix)

Don't even know this place .
Don't forget i have other means of watching anime legally since i'm not in the US like most of you are.

Curiosity : is it the only place you guys in the US can watch this anime ?

Yeah it is.

Laughing Under the Clouds Episode 4: Fuma, Sneaking Through the Prison Gate

Sora-nii always makes me want to smile and laugh so much, same for the green haired lackey. They both need more time in this anime.

Daisuki is the only place that's legally streaming Aikatsu, and even then, only the first season.

ok , nice to know that.

---------------
Aikatsu - 05
Well another episode that tried to teach me how important the idol work is , how harsh it is and so on....

During the whole episode i was like : "aren't you supposed to do this together ? where is your team training ?" But hey i guess this was a plot point ( maybe for later ).

Aikatsu added 2 things in this episode :
A tsundere :
Aikatsu%21%20-%2005_01.jpg

Tsundere attack sucessfull
And a bit of comedy :
Aikatsu%21%20-%2005_02.jpg

At least this duo and this friendship is secure no matter what
There is a delicate balance here that they need to keep for later i guess. but so far , so good ?

Evangelion 21

That's not nice.

That's a lot of backstory then. So, is Rei
a clone of Yui or something? Or maybe it is Yui, just what's left of her after that experiment? :p
Looks like she managed to
kill Akagi somehow?
Some kind of love triangle too. And who
killed Ryoji?
Well... Some things cleared up and lots of new questions...

Parasyte Episode 3

I gotta say that OP really pumps me up, so good. Anyways the tension buildup was really nicely done. Every moment not being wasted and used to make the audience feel engaged. We have Ryouko introduced who's great and also props to Madhouse nicely animating that face expression. The interactions between Migi and Shinichi is well done and further shows us a difference in their views. Then we get a cliffhanger between dumb looking Parasyte and Migi/Shinichi.

Man do I fuckin love the ending song. Also Anime Of The Season, believe it!

Evangelion 21

That's not nice.

That's a lot of backstory then. So, is Rei
a clone of Yui or something? Or maybe it is Yui, just what's left of her after that experiment? :p
Looks like she managed to
kill Akagi somehow?
Some kind of love triangle too. And who
killed Ryoji?
Well... Some things cleared up and lots of new questions...

Yes, Rei is a clone of Yui

Rei didn't kill Akagi, Akagi killed herself

Amagi Brilliant Park 4:
Dropped. Sorry Takemoto.

I just can't deal with this idiocy. Sento's backstory is so completely out of whack with everything, and Kanie is just obnoxious. Watching this episode, I just realized that I really didn't care at all what happened.

where is your love for Tomino-sama ;__;

Strong second.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Great episode. I almost thought this was gonna be a rushed adaptation(Im a manga reader) but I was wrong. Its just that some of the scenes happen in different order. Seeing the group's bug powers animated, Its also a lot more violent then I thought it would be. This episode was so good that it almost made me forget it had censorship in the first place. I wonder how much the show will be able to cover from the manga in 25 episodes.

Also,
Michelle is literally Killer Queen from Jojo Part 4.

Aikatsu - 06
Sigh*

Are you telling me that we'll have an episode on every facet on the idols ? There is a lot of work ahead for our heroine that has a lot to learn

Johnny - sensei was clearly the star of this episode.

Aikatsu give me some weird feeligns ... there is this cute and calm side of things that is alright and there is the learning part that our heroine is following too.
Both part of the show aren't equal in quality IMO.

At this point i'd rather see more things than a struggle to get a sign for her fans.
I'd say this episode was decent.At least there is some forshadowing for things later and our ice tsundere had her ice troughly melted.

Only 6 eps for her to get a new costume ? the sale strategy is lacking

Nafe

I would describe the relationship like this. Akibaranger uses otaku culture to tell a story about Sentai. Twintail uses Sentai to tell a story about otaku culture.

Haha, exactly. I also didn't realize Maaya Uchida was in as much toku stuff as she was. I think it was more Kamen Rider shows though instead of Sentai outside of her big role in Akibaranger.

Speaking of Kamen Rider, are you watching the current one, Kamen Rider Drive? I took a look at it and in the beginning of the first episode it looked like Maaya Uchida had a cameo as a waitress at that restaurant. I forgot to check the credits but maybe it wouldn't even be listed. If that wasn't her, then whoever it was looked a lot like her.

(Also, happy birthday.)

Thanks as well.

Happy Birthday Nafe!

Thanks Hattori. Long time no see. :)
Well, more like long time no respond since I've technically seen you post,haha.

Meesh

Anyone loving Parasyte as much as me right now? Read the manga back when Mixxzine was a thing years back and was a fan ever since. Looking for more sci-fi horror shit if anyone has suggestions.

Dresden

Anyone loving Parasyte as much as me right now? Read the manga back when Mixxzine was a thing years back and was a fan ever since. Looking for more sci-fi horror shit if anyone has suggestions.
Some posters in the manga thread are reading Super Conductive Brains by Shintaro Kago, if you're okay with gore and other such distasteful things.

Midonin

Speaking of Kamen Rider, are you watching the current one, Kamen Rider Drive?.
Most definitely. The Super Hero Time block (and Precure) is my favorite part of Saturday. I think that was Maaya, even moreso since she had the red/blue/yellow drinks that gave it away.

(I'm one of the guys on Dan's Toku Rants. Toku is my thing.)

Aikatsu - 07
Earlier today , someone said that johnny - sensei was the best ...
I just have to agree :
Aikatsu%21%20-%2007v2_01.jpg

TRANSLATION NOT NEEDED

So another theme befall on our heroines as this episode use "twitter" as main theme.

If i understand properly the morale of the story, it's :
"you cannot convey properly your feeligns over the internet"

Here i said it , it's simple and clear
Encouraging someone on twitter : ok
Encouraging someone face to face : awesome
Apologies on a twitter page ? : ok
Apologies face to face : Much better.

A shame more people didn't watch this educationnal episode of aikatsu so they know the danger of internet. especially since they are idols
Aikatsu%21%20-%2007v2_02.jpg

twitter is bad, one mistake and it's a nightmare , avoid avoid avoid !!

anyway , time for aoi to get her upgrade... it's funny , those things are supposed to be rare but people are just giving those to them ...don't tell me they will have SUPER RARE and ULTRA RARE card later ???

This was an alright episode , the forshadowing for later was not subtle , but then again i'm not expecting them to be subtle about it.

Man , after this not out of place trivia , i wonder what c-could be the real identity of the janitor /s

cajunator

Banned

Its one of the most well received shows of the season.

I think Right Stuf is going to do partial shipments every Monday till Christmas.

I order stuff a few months at a time so they split up a lot of orders.

Great episode. I almost thought this was gonna be a rushed adaptation(Im a manga reader) but I was wrong. Its just that some of the scenes happen in different order. Seeing the group's bug powers animated, Its also a lot more violent then I thought it would be. This episode was so good that it almost made me forget it had censorship in the first place. I wonder how much the show will be able to cover from the manga in 25 episodes.

Also,
Michelle is literally Killer Queen from Jojo Part 4.

I thought it was only 13 episodes.

Dresden

That anime rec thread in OT reminded me that I haven't watched Grave of the Fireflies in like a decade. Anyone else want to join the ride??? I'll probably watch it on the 2nd of November.

Aikatsu - 08

Prenium cards ! i knew it ! no way rare cards could be rare when it's so simple to get one. AT least ran had to fight for hers.

This episode had the award of the most useless video ever ( ichigo banzai )

I would love to see hikari & ran as roommates in the future..

Asaide from that johnny sensei , still the best !!

I guess it's the end of the "prologue" , the 3 player team is now in place and they are working toward the real rewards ( DAT prenium cards ) can't wait to see demon coach at work ! Fee l like i've finally arrived on the starting line.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 81

Damn, they're really milking this yuri innuendo with these pairs.

I will give up my left testicle if some unit other than Ichigo/Seira or Mizuki/Mikuru manages to win this. No way this show would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom