• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Fairy Tail 205

I can see why being free from the contracts and voluntary servitude of the Celestial mages might not be such a bad thing. Genies always want to be free, after all. Acting antagonistic for the sake of it isn't the best way to get that message across, if there's not some ulterior force coercing them into this. (There probably is.) The redesigns are alright, everyone's basically reversed. That they can change themselves was established way back in the first arc, so no problems here.

So Aries is now dominating, Virgo has had her switch flipped from M to S, Aquarius is a little girl, Taurus is a very stylish man-bull, etc. The redesigns aren't bad, but the final designs they went with for them have a little more cohesiveness. So this is how we're going to be using our time before the manga stories can start again. I'm on board with the concept, so... here goes.

mankoto

So there are just some things that don't fly even in the "uncensored" version?

NKoHNxv.png

i want to read Syrinx aikatsu impressions but i can't ... he is too far away !

Anyway i'm at ep 9 and my lingering feelings that made me stop at ep 3 last year are definitely GONE

Aikatsu is now ENTERTAINING !!

"STRONG"

" COOL "

" P-PAAAASSSIONNNAAATTEE"

ahem.

Aikatsu ep 9

Aikatsu%21%20-%2009.jpg

Comment of the year.

So special auditions are growth checks for idols , so they can CLASS UP , while leveling up , good to know . We're at ep 9 so i guess "prenium cards" are going to be less revelant by ep 20 lol ( gotta sell those merchandise )

So ichigo goes "tom cruise" during MI2 and climb a cliff, that's what happens when you listen to music all day and forget to recharge your phone..but hey that was the hidden route that paid the extra bonus and now they finally have a full set .

The dance was cool, the effects were fine and overall the music was nice too
Yep that was a good/great episode all around : training , demoning coatch , tsundere max , FRIENDSHIP , suspense .

I liked it !

That anime rec thread in OT reminded me that I haven't watched Grave of the Fireflies in like a decade. Anyone else want to join the ride??? I'll probably watch it on the 2nd of November.
I was planning on going through Takahata's features before I see Kaguya mid Nov., so that'll work out just fine.

Aikatsu - 10

in this episode , the creators saw yes precure 5 cure lemonade ( kasugano urara ) and decided to gave her a seconed chance since her role in precure was so dull and small.
Here in aikatsu , her hair is not yellow but orange , but EVERYTHING ELSE is kept .
Good job sunrise , ripping toei without hesitation.

Other than that it was a "barely ok " episode , with one more instance of the janitor/housekeeper that know way too much , but nobody seems to care, better they even take attention to his advice... really , i wonder who might he be ?? /s

I'll STOP with aikatsu tonight, that was cool

Breloom

Neo Member
Kara no Kyoukai 5: Paradox Spiral

W-what? I'm speechless. To be honest, watching the first four movies, I felt it was kind of boring. I'm really not into these type of shows, I generally stick to the light-hearted stuff. This, however, is amazing. I'm not even into confusing and psychological type of shows such as Lain but this was extremely impressive. Incredible animation as per usual, great character development and an amazing soundtrack. The fight scenes are top-notch and engaging which made the movie super enjoyable. This was one of the best movies I have ever seen, anime or not. Excited to watch the next two movies!

Terraformars 5

No human deaths, so no need for censorship with that, but they're not even trying to do it with the roach deaths. Looks like they want to show every tiny detail of roach gore they can to the point of making their exaggerated deaths the best animated thing in the show. Dem Blast Ant powers.

Detective Conan 332:
I like this a lot because cases where Conan can't solve it normally and needs to get someone else to solve it are usually pretty enjoyable. It was funny seeing him using charades and what not to lead the others to figuring out what he had already solved. As expected, Sonoko is quicker on the draw than Kogorou or Yamamura. The actual mystery was fairly mundane, but the method of bringing out the truth was really funny.

So I marathoned 100 episodes of InuYasha to catch up with Toonami GAF... Then 20ish episodes later the show was pulled from the block. Today they announced Final Act will air on the 15th of November so back to marathoning.

InuYasha 128

The play was pretty great with InuYasha showing up and botching things. I do find it amusing how even having not seen this show in like 6 months its like I haven't missed a day. This truly is comfort food anime

Shin Sekai Yori 16-20
Wow this escalating. Starting with them forgetting about Shun and then by the end of the episode they almost remember him. Then another friend is almost lost who then runs away along with Sake being prepared to be the next leader sort of like the Giver. I could not take Maria's hopping seriously when they were looking for that friend. The monster rats are also becoming civilization and expansionits. It's all becoming quite insane

I'm watching this as well and just finished up episode 20 a few minutes ago. I was definitely getting a Giver vibe myself. Enjoying the show quite a bit. Wanna keep watching but its late and I work tomorrow. Will finish it up tomorrow night.

Baby Steps 23:
Seriously, fuck that referee.
That was a terrible way to end the match, given that the ball was clearly in. Sucks for Ei-chan to end up there after all his hard work
. He still has a ways to go with this. At least now it looks like we're finally going to see Natsu play.

Is Tokyo Ghoul actually any good? It didn't look very appealing to me at first glance..

I thought it was an interesting take on the whole Zombie/Vampire thing, while also having shonen style fighting powers which is a bit of a turn off imo. The main character was interesting as well as it plays on the whole "coming to terms with his power(s)" also liked the world they set up and are trying to build, was the best parts of the show for me.

That said it could just end up being a generic fighting show next season. If the first few episodes don't catch you, dont bother with it I say. Its got its lame parts and its pretty good parts.

Dresden

http://zakitakubu.com/2014/10/22/hanazawa-kana-so-rich/

Recently, Hanazawa and the cast of the currently ongoing TV anime, Kiseijuu, commented on the anime’s website to promote the anime. Hanazawa was wearing very unique sweater. I decided to look up the price. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find it on any Japanese website but then found it on a European site. The sweater can be found on “Shop Lifestyle and me” and it goes for 620.00 euros (about $784 USD and 84,045 yen)

G-Reco 05

The Super Robot style fights are just too damn good. With the way some frames incorporate speed lines and that color void thing in the background I sometimes get confused that this is not in fact a show from the 80s. Also the casualness of the pirate crew again bring me to the Eureka Seven comparison.

Mushishi 02

There is a real surreal tone to be seen. I have to wonder what the second eye is. Is it the after life? A person's deep inner thoughts? Although that wouldn't make sense given that you can see others within the realm of the second eye.

Thoraxes

Detais. How did you get this?

Rightstuf and Sentai is love.

I always use the free shipping from them because they're located less than 3 hours away from me, so I usually get everything I order in 2 days.

I also put everything I order into separate shipments. I'm paying the same amount of money either way, so there's no harm in keeping it separate so I get it all quicker.

Also, My Otorimonogatari should be here tomorrow too!

Between Log Horizon V1, Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, and Otorimonogatri all arriving within 2 days, i'm going to have an awesome weekend.

I always use the free shipping from them because they're located less than 3 hours away from me, so I usually get everything I order in 2 days.

I also put everything I order into separate shipments. I'm paying the same amount of money either way, so there's no harm in keeping it separate so I get it all quicker.

Between Log Horizon V1, Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, and Otorimonogatri all arriving within 2 days, i'm going to have an awesome weekend.

I too live only a few hours away from Right Stuf's headquarters. Really surprised me this week when a partial shipment sent out Monday night arrived Tuesday morning. I only used free shipping and the package didn't appear to have shipped through faster methods.

cajunator

Banned

Not fair. I live across the country. Plus since UPS messed up and lost/stole a package I switched to slower USPS.

javac

Glasgow, UK October 24, 2014 – Anime Limited, the Glasgow-based anime licensing company and parent company of All the Anime, are pleased to announce the release of the Oscar nominated collection of animated shorts Short Peace for the UK.

In 1995, Katsuhiro Otomo’s anthology Memories showcased the work of upcoming superstars of the anime world. Now, Otomo’s spotlight shifts to a fresh generation of master creators with an all-new anthology of visionary films.

A lone traveler is confronted by unusual spirits in an abandoned shrine in the 2013 Academy Award nominated Possessions (Tsukumo), directed by Shuhei Morita (Coicent, Kakurenbo). A mysterious white bear defends the royal family from the predations of a red demon in the brutal Gambo, directed by Hiroaki Ando (Five Numbers!) from Redline’s Katsuhito Ishii’s original story with character designs by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Neon Genesis Evangelion).

The focus shifts from supernatural to science fiction for the action-packed A Farewell To Weapons (Buki Yo Saraba), as Mobile Suit Gundam designer Hajime Katoki helms Otomo’s tour-de-force saga of men battling robotic tanks in apocalyptic Tokyo, while grandmaster Otomo himself assumes the directorial reigns for a spectacular tale of love, honor and firefighting in ancient Japan with the multi-award winning Combustible (Hi-No-Youjin).

Short Peace will be released in the UK on home video (blu-ray and DVD), Video on Demand and will also enjoy a limited theatrical run.

Andrew Partridge, President of Anime Limited says: “We are very excited to distribute this fantastic piece of work in the UK. It is a great collection of works from the good and great of established talent in Japan. A unique and wonderful collection of works, we’re thrilled to bring this award winning collection to the UK complete with an English dub’.

Details on release dates to come.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom