• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword Art Online II Episode 13

6SmxUXx.png

ReCqtbT.png

LMAO. Sinons life fucking sucks. I know I shouldnt be laughing at an attempted rape/murder scene but its just so damn crazy and ridiculous I burst into laughter. If only I could have watched the voice recording in person. Thirsty-kun being a creepo was completely obvious since episode 1. All the villains are sex starved psychopaths.

Kirito's Falcon Kick to Thirsty-Kun's face was super satisfying though. Besto Husbando saves the day yet again. I love how he just ditched Asuna at the hospital to come to Sinons rescue.

"W-welcome back, Kirito Kun! Yui and I were so wo--"
"Fuck out my way I'm out peace"

Gotta say that suicide grendade scene was adorable. Sinons little squeal/giggle before the grenade went off was extremely cute. The fight with Desu gun was a let down however, and his motivation was even more so. This noob should have read the GAF thread on the best way to level their character. Its not that serious.

And I thought all the LC members were in prison? So many plot holes.

GIGA....DOG....BREEAAAAAAAAAKAAAAAA!!!!!

You really want to make people watch this show don't you?

I would love for everyone to watch it too. I just post the pictures on Twitter is all.

Soon enough...

Can't wait! I watched Episode 21 a while ago (back when Chip and Ironicus' Anime Theater was going on) and there's an even more hilarious special move in that one. You are not prepared!

Nozaki-kun 03

tumblr_n912llsXR91tzsko7o1_500.gif

Even more new characters.

And lots of problems in this episode. Problems with being popular, problems with being short, problems with misunderstandings and problems with acting.

Inou Battle - 04

A secret was unveilled ...
and it's not one i wished to hear ...

Indeed whatever works to reach a good ending i guess ?

wait :
she know what a bondage gear is , but not what a bikini armor is ?

Bahamut - 04

I want to play Black Flag and explore the ocean.
Nice with some backstory for Space Dandy and Carrot Top. But what was stopping Amira from using her demon stuff against the crew? She just slayed a giant enemy crab before that with no effort whatsoever.

Shingeki no BahaMAX Genesis 04

Well since they got on a boat this episode I thought FOR SURE they would be attacked by a Kraken. It's always a Kraken. I mean, look at Chaika. And Pirates of the Caribbean you know.
But instead it was... a giant enemy crab. That threw me for a loop.

Awesome episode. Party switcheroo should make for a good 5th episode. This really is following a lot of RPG tropes, but it executes them all well.

Jex

anyone know any off the wall anime comedy like Ghost stories? the dialogue was so stupid i died laughing. you could tell the voice actors had fun with the lines lol

Well they aren't comedies but the dubs of Mad Bull 34 and Garzey's Wing are both amazing. The shows, however, will scar body and mind. Mad Bull is particularly not safe for work, or life.

Theonik

Bahamut - 04

I want to play Black Flag and explore the ocean.
Nice with some backstory for Space Dandy and Carrot Top. But what was stopping Amira from using her demon stuff against the crew? She just slayed a giant enemy crab before that with no effort whatsoever.
Giant enemy crabs are ez. Just attack their weakpoint for massive damage. Favaro is just a scrub.

Inou Battle - 04

Oh right, they actually have superpowers. Best episode yet mainly because of Chifuyu being best girl and Andou's screentime.
Lolicon Knight's false secret was.. unorthodox, but I got a surprise laugh out of it so I'm content.

Selector Spread Wixoss - 01

SUFFERING , TEARS , SUFFERING
FALSE HOPE

yep it's WIXOSS alright !

Genki girl should really buy a brain because she is just running on adrenaline.

"listen , if you battle , your wish is going to be tainted , you're going to lose everything , including your body and you'll be trapped , and that's if you lose . If you win it's worse.!!"

- "oh it's just like in the manga , let's battle !!"

//FACEPALM
Even the LRIG is surprised by how dumb she is...

This episode had just the right amount of suffering , i guess the next one is going to be harsher, can't wait.

Inou Battle - 04

Oh right, they actually have superpowers. Best episode yet mainly because of Chifuyu being best girl and Andou's screentime.
Lolicon Knight's false secret was.. unorthodox, but I got a surprise laugh out of it so I'm content.

here it is , in full glory :

1414433299386.gif

Rage of Bahamut 4

Easily the best episode since the intro. Largely because we're starting to get more background on our two male leads.
The childhood friend angle is overplayed, and I'm sure that Kaisar made the wrong assumption and that Favaro never meant to betray him and they'll grow close together again throughout the show
. Seems like the dynamics and qualities of each character are established now. Kaisar is the expert swordsman/knight, Favaro is the rogue with the luck stat during combat, Amira is the all-powerful yet gentle party member, and Rita
is the necromancer
. Sounds like an old fashioned fantasy party.

The scene with the flying fish was gorgeous. The ship going all locomotive sped-up in the water was the more anime aspect of today's episode. It's interesting that they decided to mix up the parties but it loses a bit of its strength considering that
Rita and Kaisar still haven't spent up enough time together to grow an emotional attachment. She's obviously attached to him but Kaisar only sees her as somebody following him
. Still, definitely will be interesting to see where this goes. The whole thing felt like a scene in Pirates of the Caribbean 3.

I still can't get onboard with the villains. They feel like anime rejects. Also Jeanne D'Arc seemed like she might have a bigger role based on her image appearing alongside others, but we've barely seen her so hopefully she meets up with the party later or something. This continues to be the strongest show of the season alongside Parasyte.

Yeah actually now that you mentioned it, the investigative aspect of the episode was also something I really enjoyed. The father and son duo traveling from place to place investigating rumors and trying to figure out what the nature of the Horror is before actually acting is a really good formula, and I hope they use it more in future episodes.

Sounds like you want Anime Supernatural. Which technically does exist.

Midonin

Sailor Moon R 03-04

I'm liking this love triangle more than the Usagi/Rei/Mamoru one, at least in part because both Mamoru and Usagi are being pursued, so the tension is spread out a little more. The 90s idea of virtual reality just made me think of VR Troopers (and how much Brad Hawkins related stuff I've seen lately), and the other episode briefly turned into a medical drama. Both episodes were alright, but really, Usagi's losing so much of her merchandise. It's clear why that's happening, as next week's episode title gives it away. Also speaking of things that are ending, Kae Araki's momentary role as Usagi. I'm just glad to have a change of pace from the Dark Kingdom.

mankoto

Eh, I find it's better to watch in release order, the order they intended. It will be a bit all over the place at first but everything will fall into place in the end. It doesn't really overcomplicate things, it just kind of throws you in the middle of nowhere but by the end it all fits into place. Kinda like Baccano in a way I guess. Hope you enjoy the rest of the films anyway, the 5th one is really darn good.
Yeah I'm sure the pay off would be big if I watched it in the way they released, but I tried watching Haruhi like that and it just didn't work. I ended up waiting for it to finish.

Rhapsody

Banned
Idolmaster movie

Some of you guys know I like im@s, and I finally got around to watching it. All in all, I enjoyed the movie. The beginning was great along with the stage performance at the very end. I missed seeing all the characters, so the movie ended up being a lot of fun. I liked how they brought in the videogame story for the producer to close it out, and the mentoring idea wasn't that bad.

One complaint goes towards the budget. It deserved way better, mostly the beginning and end was done well. Anything in the middle seemed like an anime episode that was consistently just ok. There was also some weird rotoscoping on that scene where Haruka talks to Kana outside one to one for the first time. Not sure what that was about.

Another is, I wish there was more focus on the 765 idols. Some of the characters didn't get that much screen time as I would've liked because part of the focus was on the Million Live girls. And most of the focus on those girls wasn't even that big besides Kana (who was MIA most of it), so there was a lot of dead time for me in the latter half of the movie.

Overall, I liked it since I do like the franchise (mostly the main games and not the mobile stuff). It could've been better but it was entertaining to say the least.

Selector Spread Wixoss - 02
My god , the suffering went off the charts during the first half ... and then it peaked again !

So much suferring
selector%20spread%20WIXOSS%20-%2002_01.jpg

Really ? are you sure ? LOOOOOOOOOL

This show is a downard spiral of despair , and it's not gonna stop any time soon ..Akira came back !! and her 2.0 version is even meaner than before ... that takes works to reach this level ...
That falling into despair , only to be brought back raise my eyebrow as i'm actually considering whenever the sdburton i'm seeing is genuine or not . Considering what Ulith plans are ( and the fact that she must realise iona plans ) i'm doubtfull ...but at least i can look forward to see akira fall into despair YET AGAIN !!
This despair is just sublime.. i can't get enough of it.

selector%20spread%20WIXOSS%20-%2002_02.jpg

Delicious tears of despair and regrets.

This show is so much despairing i'm turning into enoshima junko ..i want more despair now !!

So many glorious 50 shots.

And to think all I wanted beforehand was some more business suits.

Now I have all these flustered/depressed/bathing images of best girl added to my folder.

Keep up the good work, KyoAni!

Being serious for a moment, I really did love how they dealt with Sento's character development this episode.

Those scenes with her panicking over being "dead weight" and having Kanye cheer her up only he knows how where by far the best moments in the series yet.

Shingeki no Bahamut 3

Welp. I knew something was up with that town, but I wasn't expecting it to become
The Walking Dead. Poor Rita :( and Prince Dandy

Anyway, I like that more of what I assume to be heaven and hell(?) is being shown. Very interesting and I can't wait to see more.

Also, I can't stress enough, but this show is gorgeous and has some really good music. The animation is great too. It's really nice to see something of this quality these days. I've said it before, but I'm really reminded of Berserk when watching this.

And that ED. I just can't take it seriously. It's like one of those cheesy ballads, haha. It's not bad, I just happen to find it funny.

Shingeki no Bahamut 4

This truly is a historically accurate anime. Giant enemy crabs and all.

------

Amazing ep. We got some really great action and a little back story.

Favaro and Kaiser have known each other since childhood (which was kinda obvious) and damn, both their fathers ended up dead because of a punk ass traitor. And I bet the demon that appeared then is the fallen angel guy who just spirited Kaiser and Amira away.

Also yay, Rita isn't dead. Though I guess I would've known that already had I actually bothered to watch the terrible OP, as I now see that she shows up in it. Anyway, I at first thought Kaiser used a book of the dead spell to bring save Rita, but Favaro just captured that thing last ep. Turns out she had more than one Necromancer item at her disposal. Nice.

Sword Art Online 2 16

That episode wasn't too bad but the plot for this really falls short when compared to the first half of this season. At least there's something on the line now.

Selector Spread Wixoss - 03

TEARS , CRYING , SORROW , LOST HOPES , DESPAIR ...that ending was just too gold.
selector%20spread%20WIXOSS%20-%2003_01.jpg
selector%20spread%20WIXOSS%20-%2003_02.jpg

Pain , sorrow, lies , scary ... you know the usual stuff in wixoss ....
i mean it was good.
That friendship scene , only for it to be crushed less than 3 minutes later .... SO_GOOD.gif
Even the LRIG are crying now ... the despair spiral ain't stopping !!!!!

Vecks

Shingeki no Bahamut 3

Welp. I knew something was up with that town, but I wasn't expecting it to become
The Walking Dead. Poor Rita :( and Prince Dandy

Anyway, I like that more of what I assume to be heaven and hell(?) is being shown. Very interesting and I can't wait to see more.

Also, I can't stress enough, but this show is gorgeous and has some really good music. The animation is great too. It's really nice to see something of this quality these days. I've said it before, but I'm really reminded of Berserk when watching this.

And that ED. I just can't take it seriously. It's like one of those cheesy ballads, haha. It's not bad, I just happen to find it funny.

Shingeki no Bahamut 4

This truly is a historically accurate anime. Giant enemy crabs and all.

------

Amazing ep. We got some really great action and a little back story.

Favaro and Kaiser have known each other since childhood (which was kinda obvious) and damn, both their fathers ended up dead because of a punk ass traitor. And I bet the demon that appeared then is the fallen angel guy who just spirited Kaiser and Amira away.

Also yay, Rita isn't dead. Though I guess I would've known that already had I actually bothered to watch the terrible OP, as I now see that she shows up in it. Anyway, I at first thought Kaiser used a book of the dead spell to bring save Rita, but Favaro just captured that thing last ep. Turns out she had more than one Necromancer item at her disposal. Nice.

Have you been skipping the ending part? Each episode, except the first, has a bit more after the ED song.

Mushishi 03

Well this definitely isn't terrifying.

So far there have been inflictions on sight and hearing. I have to admit that hearing a constant drone would probably be much more painful then the loss of sight.

Have you been skipping the ending part? Each episode, except the first, has a bit more after the ED song.
Yeah, I usually don't watch the full OP or ED of anime after the first episode. Sometimes I never even watch them then, unless I like the songs.

Are you saying there are after credits scenes? If so, I hate when that happens. Guess I'll go back to episode 2 and check.

Yeah, I usually don't watch the full OP or ED of anime after the first episode. Sometimes I never even watch them then, unless I like the songs.

Are you saying there are after credits scenes? If so, I hate when that happens. Guess I'll go back to episode 2 and check.

Always, always check and make sure there is nothing after the ED.
Most shows have a short preview or something, but sometimes they stick something short at the end.
When I was marathoning Kaiji S2 I straight skipped the after-ED stuff and only near the end realized there were little segments after. Then I went back and watched them

Always, always check and make sure there is nothing after the ED.
Most shows have a short preview or something, but sometimes they stick something short at the end.
When I was marathoning Kaiji S2 I straight skipped the after-ED stuff and only near the end realized there were little segments after. Then I went back and watched them
Will do from now on. I've seen a lot of anime so I'm sure I've missed a ton of these extra scenes. Always figured it was just next episode previews.

mankoto

Yowamushi Pedal S2 4
Lots of downtime.
Souhoku is beaten and battered. The third years are reminiscing on their time as first years, and the first years face the harsh reality of not finishing on time.

Meanwhile Hakone is preparing for tomorrow while enjoying their 5 minutes of fame.

Midosuji is mentally broken with his loss apparently and is ready to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom