• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
200px-Geno_SMRPG.gif

?

Jarmel

Banned
Bahamut-4

Yea this was definitely the best episode since the premiere. Now that somebody pointed out the sound mixing issues, I noticed it too. The ships crashing for example was way too quiet.

Amagi Brilliant Park 1

This is a weird ass show. It's not at all what I was expecting, but I love it already. And the music was really good. I'm still not sure if
the whole magic/fantasy angle is legit, but if Sento keeps pulling these guns out from the great beyond, I just may start.

And now that I know what the hell y'all were doing before....

Water > Fire > Air > Earth

Narag

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis 4

Best ep since the first. No bad high fantasy opening, episode plot unfolds naturally , great EVERYTHING, etc. Really wish the previous two were like this and we were eased into the larger world rather than wasting time on the gods & demons then largely contracting back to Favaro & Amira.

Jarmel

Banned
Inou Battle-4
This was a ridiculously stupid episode and not in a positive way. Hey guys, did you ever want an entire episode based around cnet? Well congratulations, pedophile jokes are now on the table. Andou's speech wasn't funny, that's exactly the type of shit that gets you in jail or expelled. The entire episode just felt like a bunch of cnet jokes. Chifuyu was adorably rapey.
The drama in this felt really annoying especially the part on the stairs. The side characters really do have a legitimate point about loli hanging out with teenagers and the way that this is resolved in the episode felt idiotic.
The visuals looked pretty weird this episode. There were parts that were really fluid but most of the episode felt like it was off-model. There were some definitely some scenes where they were showing that classic Inferno Cop budget.

I did like the Risky Business reference though.

jgminto

Inou Battle-4

This was a ridiculously stupid episode and not in a positive way. Hey guys, did you ever want an entire episode based around cnet? Well congratulations, pedophile jokes are now on the table. Andou's speech wasn't funny, that's exactly the type of shit that gets you in jail or expelled. The entire episode just felt like a bunch of cnet jokes. Chifuyu was adorably rapey.

The drama in this felt really annoying especially the part on the stairs. The side characters really do have a legitimate point about loli hanging out with teenagers and the way that this is resolved in the episode felt idiotic.

The visuals looked pretty weird this episode. There were parts that were really fluid but most of the episode felt like it was off-model. There were some definitely some scenes where they were showing that classic Inferno Cop budget.

*barfs*

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Inou Battle-4

trigger stahp

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Why is that one girl in a straight jacket exactly? I mean other then the obvious fetish thing they got going on there.

Jarmel

Banned
Why is that one girl in a straight jacket exactly? I mean other then the obvious fetish thing they got going on there.

They were cosplaying and she randomly chose the bondage choice in a hat. It was random selection, which means it was up to the director/writers.

cuc

Animation Director:

They essentially check or correct key frames and possibly send it back to the original animator to fix. They're usually the more experienced of the staff. Changes can be elaborate or very subtle. In some ways, they're responsible for the animation quality of an episode or movie.

It should however be noted that the translators for Shirobako are translating this as "Animation Supervisor". IIRC they translate 演出, who are the actual directors of individual episodes, as "Animation Director".

Jarmel

Banned
It should however be noted that the translators for Shirobako are translating this as "Animation Supervisor". IIRC they translate 演出, who are the actual directors of individual episodes, as "Animation Director".

Thanks, I'll clean/clarify that up when I repost it in the Shirobako thread.

Sakasama no Patema
This was great. I could have done without the hammy main villain, but I really enjoyed the other characters. Considering how understated the "romance" aspect of the movie was, it was a bit odd to have such a blatantly one-dimensional villain.

Most of the themes and messages were fairly par for the course, but the use of "inversion" made the film feel fresh. The visuals are stunning and really bring out the "exploratory" nature of the show when paired with a really good OST. Patema's innocent curiosity even got old cynical me to grin like a fool.

Even better yet, it was nice to have a more serious change of pace from the usual fanservice that can disrupt the tone of movies.

I actually wish it had been maybe an extra 30 minutes to flesh out the narrative. But overall, I really enjoyed it a lot.

Ping Pong 6:
That song, contrasted with the different images of everyone's Christmas Eve, was a really powerful moment. Each of the characters seem to be heading in a different direction, but all of them seem to be in a place where things feel empty for them. I don't blame a lot of the other guys in the club for being pissed off at Smile with the way he's acting, but that's the curse of being absurdly talented and at a lower ranked school. He's long since grown out the pond he's currently in.

I also love the recurring bits with that guy who keeps wandering around and deciding to go someplace else after he's not happy with where he went to the previous time.

Clov

Ping Pong 6:
That song, contrasted with the different images of everyone's Christmas Eve, was a really powerful moment. Each of the characters seem to be heading in a different direction, but all of them seem to be in a place where things feel empty for them. I don't blame a lot of the other guys in the club for being pissed off at Smile with the way he's acting, but that's the curse of being absurdly talented and at a lower ranked school. He's long since grown out the pond he's currently in.

I also love the recurring bits with that guy who keeps wandering around and deciding to go someplace else after he's not happy with where he went to the previous time.

I think that scene has to be my favorite out of any anime this year. Made me feel terrible for a lot of the characters, especially Smile. Great episode.

Sakasama no Patema
This was great. I could have done without the hammy main villain, but I really enjoyed the other characters. Considering how understated the "romance" aspect of the movie was, it was a bit odd to have such a blatantly one-dimensional villain.

Most of the themes and messages were fairly par for the course, but the use of "inversion" made the film feel fresh. The visuals are stunning and really bring out the "exploratory" nature of the show when paired with a really good OST. Patema's innocent curiosity even got old cynical me to grin like a fool.

Even better yet, it was nice to have a more serious change of pace from the usual fanservice that can disrupt the tone of movies.

I actually wish it had been maybe an extra 30 minutes to flesh out the narrative. But overall, I really enjoyed it a lot.
I loved this movie. It's one of my favorites. Not as trippy as Paprika like I was thinking it would be, but still awesome.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ping Pong 6:

one of the highlights of the show for sure

Sinon's Ass Online II Episode 14

tumblr_ncxjdieaEc1tbeq5co1_500.gif

Hey Sinon, meet my "friend" Asuna

Okay Kirito. Guess this dude wants to make glopping noises with Sinon as well.

This arc was pretty awful. Would have been better with 50% of it cut. A lot of the episodes felt like they had to stretch stuff for time. LOL @ the convenient location of the electrode on Kirito.

Whatever. It provided some hilarious entertainment at least.

Syrinx

Ain't got no tiiiiiime for bird sex
I wanna fly
Ain't got no tiiiiiiime for bird sex
I wanna flyyy
Ain't got no tiiiiime for bird sex
I'm gonna fly
Ain't got no tiiiiime for bird sex
I'm kissing the sky

So saved

Crocodile

Bahamut Genesis 4

This is SO Pirates of the Caribbean it isn't even funny LOL. Favaro and Kaiser need to get their shit straightened out so we can get the team up done with already. The ending was a pretty big swerve, I wonder how things will play out from here. Also was that
Azreal (the head demon chasing Amira and crew)
who got freed from the incident with the King's tribute?

Everyday Battles 4

Yeah this was pretty bad. Shitty drama that any reasonable adult could talk their way out of in 3 minutes (yes I know this doesn't feature adults but it's still annoying when "problems" have such easy solutions) and Andou's fake confession to Kuki was so stupid it deserves to backfire horrendously in his face. When do these guys start fighting other people with superpowers? That has to start happening at some point right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom