• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Please jeebus let it be Hunter x Hunter!

Edit: This announcement is probably useless to me if it's not JJBA, HxH, or Parasyte

Terraformars 5

This episode was almost entirely humans with incest powers vs giant cockroaches and it was awesome. Now sure how long this premise will hold up for as apparently the manga is over 150 chapters at this point

LOL dat Freudian slip

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wasn't that already licensed by Netflix? Or does it remain in limbo currently?

Oh, I didn't know about that. I thought it was bizarre that it wasn't on Crunchyroll or Funimation in spite of being one of the more in-demand anime of the season.

Twintails - 01

tJaBJjl.gif

What did I just watch?

Syrinx

Shirobako 2

So this was an interesting episode where the director wants to go back and completely redo a scene from the ground up, even redoing the key animations, in order to better capture one of the characters in an important scene. He and the animation director get into a really big argument because the schedule is tight enough as it is and this will completely fuck things up. Then it goes into something that the two had done in the past where the director had done something similar and it completely fucked up the show to the point of notoriety.

Then it becomes a team-wide discussion where they completely reevaluate the character and what direction to approach her. Then they agree to redo the scene and yeah, it goes from there.

I just thought it was interesting to see how the team is about to take a really big production risk and something that's going to only end up in their workload and stress increasing, all for something relatively minor, but yet something the director and the rest of the team decided was very important to capture, and how it drives how just how rocky these productions can get. Issues had already put them behind schedule, but now they have to overhaul something that they thought they already had completed. Basically, nothing can be taken for granted until it's officially submitted, and even the stuff you thought you had figured out can be the most urgent thing that needs to be fixed.

LOL dat Freudian slip

:X

Rage of Bahamut 3

Well that got dark really quickly, guess Rita is part of our main cast now which I expected then didn't expect with how the episode played out. Another really fun episode that was a blast to watch.

Edit: I feel stupid you can totally see Rita in both the poster artwork for the series on Hummingbird and briefly during the OP

K 1

Picked up the limited edition when Amazon Canada had it for 15 bucks. It's not off to a great start so far.

The first sense is a battle between some organizations whom we are given no context as to who they are, what they are after and why they are fighting. The school scene afterwards where we are introduced to the protag serves to pad out the run time before the next scene. It's not that comedic, seeing a schoolgirl hopelessly trying to find some guy and all we get out of it plot-wise is some guy plans to destroy Japan at some point. On top of all that, one of the gangs, who again we have no idea who they are after, also want to kill the protagonist for no apparent reason.

In general the first episode is Lost in Media Res. I'm hoping I'll get some answers next episode.
I was pretty disappointed by this show. It looked nice and some aspects of it were good, but overall it was a letdown. At least it was entertaining enough for me to watch it all to the end.

Are you sure you're not watching it wrong? The first episode was the first of its most exciting episode. The opening scene, the battle and music, was all perfectly paired to make it a good opening. I was sure that episode had made mention that they are after shiro because he killed one of Homra's members.

Upon rewatching the first episode, I think maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. They did indeed mention that Homra are after Shiro because he (apparently) killed one of the members which better connects the opening to the ending scene of the episode and I'll admit that it is well done from a production standpoint. Understanding that, the first episode is better than what I initially thought of it. Not great but still decent.

Rage of Bahamut 4

All the PotC comments from yesterday summarize this episode, though hopefully this series does not follow down that series path of getting shittier and shittier as it goes on. Enjoyable fights and character building all around plus the plot might get serious next week with demons getting a hold of the god key.

fertygo

This is a very interesting take, thanks. I actually thought that till reset things were relatively straightforward. Eiri creates Lain( or finds her in the Wired), gives her (somehow) body, she rebels, but realises she's been only hurting Arisu (aka Alice, how did I not see that ?) so rewrites herself out of everyone's memory. If they only stopped at that, it would make plenty of sense but reviving dead people seems to me to be beyond her in that scenario and does hint at her being something much more Godlike. You're probably right about what happened to the sister. Regarding the humans as neurons point; at the beginning of the last episode I actually thought Lain will turn out to be that Earth's new found conciousness itself, though I discarded that idea a moment later as it didn't seem to jive with the rest of the info.
I have very much enjoyed the journey (Episodes 2 and 8 in particular were amazing) but yeah this ending is a real head scratcher,
"confusing" maybe kind of the point though the ending made you questioning if
Lain made another "world" inside The Wire, emphasizing the theme of the line between real and internet world blurred together and confuse you altogether which one that you lived in.

Crocodile

I don't know too much about this Food Wars but I think I'd wait to celebrate until after I hear the studio/staff who will be doing the anime. Too many variables in play and too many ways the show could end up junk.

Some more info on Shokugeki no Souma from the scan via this tweet. (Assuming it's not a fake)

Staff
Director: Takashi Watanabe (Directed Slayers, Rave Master, Shakugan no Shana series and more)
Series Composition Hiroyuki Yoshino
Studio: Production IMS (Did Date A Live 2, Mushibugyou and....Twintails)

Cast
Souma Yukihira: Makoto Furukawa
Erina Nakiri: Sora Amamiya
Megumi Tadokoro: Kana Hanazawa

EDIT: IT'S FAKE PRAISE THE LORD!

Dresden

Some more info on Shokugeki no Souma from the scan via this tweet. (Assuming it's not a fake)

Staff
Director: Takashi Watanabe (Directed Slayers, Rave Master, Shakugan no Shana series and more)

Cast
huehuehue

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Staff

Cast

Oh my god, I don't even know what Shougeki no Soma is and I'm feeling just as disappointed as everyone else. It's dead.

Staff

Cast

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

never read Soma but R.I.P

On the plus side, Yoshino recently handled Magi S2 and Black Butler: Book of Circus, both of which I understand are faithful and accurate adaptations of the manga. So perhaps he has become a more conservative and respectable adapter these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom