• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the plus side, Yoshino recently handled Magi S2 and Black Butler: Book of Circus, both of which I understand are faithful and accurate adaptations of the manga. So perhaps he has become a more conservative and respectable adapter these days.
He also did Sora no Woto, so frankly he'll always get a pass from me no matter what dreadful things he might be apart of.

Some more info on Shokugeki no Souma from the scan via this tweet. (Assuming it's not a fake)

Staff
Director: Takashi Watanabe (Directed Slayers, Rave Master, Shakugan no Shana series and more)
Series Composition Hiroyuki Yoshino
Studio: Production IMS (Did Date A Live 2, Mushibugyou and....Twintails)

Cast
Souma Yukihira: Makoto Furukawa
Erina Nakiri: Sora Amamiya
Megumi Tadokoro: Kana Hanazawa

Kindaichi for soma...odd pick.

fertygo

Motherfucking shueisha.. don't you want Nanatsu's success and not Wolrd Trigger's failure in multiplying sales?

Why you halfass the shit :<

Naruto's replacement in front of your eyes.

just to be sure , you ghuys are talking about this guy , right ?

Xenoglossia , code geass R2 , darker than black 2, fractale , dance in vampire bund , guilty crown

Damn what a list

Shokugeki no Soma anime confirmed for 2015
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rs-shokugeki-no-soma-tv-anime-for-2015/.80442

bvbeNfT.jpg

Some more info on Shokugeki no Souma from the scan via this tweet. (Assuming it's not a fake)

Staff
Director: Takashi Watanabe (Directed Slayers, Rave Master, Shakugan no Shana series and more)

Cast

174WIgM.gif

rrvv

Motherfucking shueisha.. don't you want Nanatsu's success and not Wolrd Trigger's failure in multiplying sales?

Why you halfass the shit :<

Naruto's replacement in front of your eyes.

TBH I dont see how NAruto and Soma fan will overlap

fertygo

TBH I dont see how NAruto and Soma fan will overlap

Not exactly my point, but more Soma in that position if managed getting that benefit that good adaptation can help to get, but tbh garbage adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul manage to greatly boosting sales of the manga too..

Can someone explain to me why this Yoshino person has caused everyone's hype for this newely announced anime to hit the floor? What has he done before?

I'm afraid I'm in the dark here. I mean, you're reacting the same way you guys react when Sawano is announced to be part of a project.

Syrinx

Can someone explain to me why this Yoshino person has caused everyone's hype for this newely announced anime to hit the floor? What has he done before?

I'm afraid I'm in the dark here. I mean, you're reacting the same way you guys react when Sawano is announced to be part of a project.

Xenoglossia , code geass R2 , darker than black 2, fractale , dance in vampire bund , guilty crown

Damn what a list

^

Crocodile

I politely insist that anyone who still has lingering hope marathon My-HiME. Just sayin'.

I think its been a decade and the ending to that show still makes me salty. Was this Yoshino guy responsible? Fuck him them! (Looks like he has a bunch of stinkers of his resume anyway :/)

Yikes, Geass R2 and Guilty Crown. I also see after looking him up he did the series composition for Vividred as well. Tsk tsk tsk.

Can't say that I'm familiar with Darker than Black 2, Fractale, Vampire Bund, or Xenoglossia though. Well, outside of that one post BGBW made about Xenoglossia anyway.

EDIT: Oh! What a relief for you all.

fertygo

Is scriptwritter on anime had influence over stuff like pacing in episode?

I once thought Yoshino can do work just fine for panel-by-panel adaptation, and I was wrong.. his show tend to had weird flow, and I'm not sure how much of that are his fault.

Soma

Watch Mari Okada be involved.

Erina's character gets changed to Souma's half-sister who has incestuous feelings for him but dies in a truck accident. Her spirit lives on while the rest of the cast spend the remainder of the series trying to remember what her favorite food dish was.

Is scriptwritter on anime had influence over stuff like pacing in episode?

I once thought Yoshino can do work just fine for panel-by-panel adaptation, and I was wrong.. his show tend to had weird flow, and I'm not sure how much of that are his fault.

Pacing is somewhat influenced by script (particularly how much content is in each episode), though the storyboard would have more control over the general timing of each individual episode.

Defuser

bidfhu035u0i.gif

FUCK YEAH!!!

Staff

Cast

vincej3kg2.gif

ibhehhlvnleixui7zvu.gif

Godammit!!!

On the other hand based Hanazawa as Megumi hnnnnngh!!!!

fake edit: Whew! I don't want Yoshino to destroy Soma. Glad it's fake.

zulux21

Cant wait to see the foodgasms animated in Soma

I can't wait to see Soma animated in general. I've shown Yakitate Japan to most of my friends already... I needed a new show to show to people like that :p

I am also curious how much they plan to adapt, as the current arc should be wrapped up by the time the anime comes out, but at the same time to remotely do from start to the end of the current arc justice you would likely need more than 26 episodes.

I see that that list is fake, but if it wasn't, what exactly is so bad about this Hiroyuki Yoshino person? I guess it's a good thing I don't know the names of anyone involved in anime production.

JCG

Damn what a list

Even though I don't like this guy...maybe it's me, but I really tend to dislike it when this sort of post is made without due care. In other words, when folks both selectively pick a few credits out of a person's record while simultaneously ignoring how much he or she was actually involved in each project. That creates a perfect recipe for unnecessary confusion and misunderstandings since both minor and major roles get mixed up.

Upon closer inspection, Hiroyuki Yoshino only wrote a small part of Xenoglossia, Darker than Black 2 and Fractale. Can't really give him much praise or criticism for that. He didn't write any episodes of Code Geass R2 either, since his main task was apparently to give suggestions (he also did that for the first season). That said, he did write most of Guilty Crown (which was infinitely worse than R2, IMHO, so his greater degree of involvement is not inherently a positive) and Dance in the Vampire Bund, Mai-Hime and its ilk plus a bunch of other random stuff I didn't watch.

Having said that, it seems he recently did a pretty good job adapting Black Butler: Book of Circus though. I don't see too many complaints about his work there.

cajunator

Banned
[Amagi Brilliant Park] - 1

I dismissed this show from the very start. As one is want to do, I simply happened upon some promotional artwork and decided that it looked trashy or whatever. But, you know, as irony would have it, that same thing drew me into actually watching it – Well, for this episode at least.
KyoAni was the main draw here, because having not watched anything in a little while, I was curious to see if this running-theory (trend?), about them being on a downward trajectory, was still holding up. And I’m not entirely sure what to make of that myself, as it has been a good while since any of their output has personally interested me. For the most part, I was perfectly willing to deem it as such – a personal disinterest, and nothing more.

But after having seen this, it just seems so inherently...silly. The premise sounds interesting (and I was even tempted to say promising), and I certainly enjoyed the initial setup – a dilapidated park, being run into the ground. Which sounds intriguing in itself, and I can certainly see were fun can be derived from that. After witnessing (numerous times), just the absolute saccharine nature of the likes of Tokyo Disney, both in its presentation, and how others react to it; that’s fodder ripe for the picking. So I did appreciate the allusion towards ‘tricking’ children into enjoying these sorts of experiences, though I just didn’t expect literal magic to figure into that equation.

And therein lies the rub for me. It has a solid enough setup, which it then promptly convolutes, by adding those fantastical elements. Once I realized it was adapted from a light novel, it all suddenly made perfect sense. It’s indicative of that particular style – a belaboured narrative.

It’s maybe a little presumptuous of me, but what I enjoyed was quickly swept aside for elements that I didn’t care for – ones which I fear will become the norm, rather than the exception. Gratuitous fan-service shots included.

It being made by KyoAni is of no consequence.
A show is only as good as its source material. KyoAni did the best with what it had. I think its pretty fun. I also maintain that Fire is the greatest.

Twintails 01-03

H-Have I been good enough to deserve this show?

This is a gift to all of us!!

I got my package from RS. USPS didn't deliver it because they said it was too big to deliver. They usually just leave the package on the porch but I guess this time they decided not to.

edit: Here it is

What? how did you get Yuushibu already? I ordered it a while ago it hasnt shipped yet :(

[Amagi Brilliant Park] - 2

Wait, did they just allude to Mickey Mouse being a real, physical creature?

He is real! You just have to believe!

Nozaki-kun 01

Pretty good first episode. Funny and charming.

Excellent show. Chiyo is super moe~
THere will inevitably be a nendoroid of her and I might buy 3.

Oh I think we know who the true monster is:

The abject fury of a bathroom mirror?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't wait to see Soma animated in general. I've shown Yakitate Japan to most of my friends already... I needed a new show to show to people like that :p

I am also curious how much they plan to adapt, as the current arc should be wrapped up by the time the anime comes out, but at the same time to remotely do from start to the end of the current arc justice you would likely need more than 26 episodes.

No you wouldn't. 12 episodes for the arc up through summer and 12 for the Current arc is plenty. There are a LOT of chapters which are just random unimportant character back story.

Syrinx

Shirobako 3

Damn girl, you need to relax. Appreciate that other girl whose name escapes me noticing that Aoi was at her mental limit and smacked Honda and helped her get her mind back on track. Also lold at the director yelling about recap episodes in his sleep.

The lesson here is that the goal for these productions is not to not screw up. It's to address screwups and deal with them as they come. That said, I don't quite understand how exactly Aoi messed up. Seemed like it was other people like Kisa and such who were the ones making her go around and apologize for them. And the servers crapping out was beyond hers or anybody else's control. Seems she did everything she possibly could have done. And helped get it done along the way.

Ping Pong 7:
The scene at the end with the transition from the bounce of the ball to the car upside down and then driving along and then going on from there with the music was really good. I loved the hell out of that.

Smile and Koizumi's relationship has grown a little here, and we also have some more connections between Koizumi and what's going on Kazama's family and Kaio. It makes some of the themes being explored here a little clearer, and it also sets up the basic reasons for why these characters are in the situations they've been put in.

Even though I don't like this guy...maybe it's me, but I really tend to dislike it when this sort of post is made without due care. In other words, when folks both selectively pick a few credits out of a person's record while simultaneously ignoring how much he or she was actually involved in each project. That creates a perfect recipe for unnecessary confusion and misunderstandings since both minor and major roles get mixed up.

Upon closer inspection, Hiroyuki Yoshino only wrote a small part of Xenoglossia, Darker than Black 2 and Fractale. Can't really give him much praise or criticism for that. He didn't write any episodes of Code Geass R2 either, since his main task was apparently to give suggestions (he also did that for the first season). That said, he did write most of Guilty Crown (which was infinitely worse than R2, IMHO, so his greater degree of involvement is not inherently a positive) and Dance in the Vampire Bund, Mai-Hime and its ilk plus a bunch of other random stuff I didn't watch.

Having said that, it seems he recently did a pretty good job adapting Black Butler: Book of Circus though. I don't see too many complaints about his work there.

This "sort of post" is the result of a simple google search that took less than 2 sec ( 0.000124sec according to google , i'll be precise now)
So , the consequence and interpretations of this post is the mainly result of people reading it. ( And of course hoping that people saw that there was a link in it )
Hopefully , with shirobako airing , everyone realise that anime isn't made by ONE guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom