• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart 01 - 06

I've been watching some of this even though cajun said not to, squeezing in an episode here and there in between episodes of Splash Stars, and so far my only question is...

22Ut8Xe.png
5fzhcFE.jpg

...why does Shiny Luminous shout her transformation phrase like she's Charlie Brown?

Jarmel

Banned
I understand that mode of thought and it makes sense but I suppose Im the kind of person who enjoys being surrounded by enjoyable things with a physical presence. figures, discs, games, music albums the lot. I do tend to watch things multiple times and definitely appreciate it being at my fingertips when I want to see it instead of having to search.

I have a shit ton of Japanese blu-rays, probably spent near 10k on.

I've opened maybe a couple of volumes, rest are still brand new. I straight up buy stuff to collect it.

Crocodile

Gundam Build Fighters Try 4

The shipping does nothing for me because as others said it doesn't feel earned at all and Sekai has the aptitude of a newt when it comes to relationships (did he just land on Earth or something LOL) but the actual battling part was GREAT.

I will note I'm not a big fan of how the parental element has been basically completely written out of this show. Were the writers so lazy they had to kill of Sekai and Mirai's parents off? They couldn't be bothered to write them into the show? For shame, Rinko was awesome and a non-absentee dad would have been appreciated.

Goddamit can you guys tagging spoiler for this week GBF?. Pretty sure I got spoiled for the outcome for this week eps big time.. jeez..

LOL what was there to spoil in this week's episode? You could see the outcomes of all the major events coming from miles away. What happened was less important that how it happened.

fertygo

LOL what was there to spoil in this week's episode? You could see the outcomes of all the major events coming from miles away. What happened was less important that how it happened.

Sorry bro, I can enjoy the eps just fine but still quite sure the spoiler ruined the last scene a bit :(

Jarmel

Banned
If you're in an anime, chances are your parents are dead or in another country. Those are just the rules.

You might get lucky and get a single parent, usually the dad.

Fox318

First visual of Kuroko no Basket S3. Show starts in January

Just a heads up there is a possible spoiler in the article. They also announced the voice actors for the new characters.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...son-january-premiere-new-cast-unveiled/.80446
yIhJC8w.jpg

Will they teach or get voice actors who play character who know English to speak English?

The flashbacks in Season 1 were amazing for bad English.

I also love the anime stereotype of Americans(who usually know less than 1 language) knowing Japanese.

Gundam Build Fighters TRY - 4

Gary_Oak!.png

So yeah, this guy showed up. I mean, the tone of his voice, his cocky attitude, the fact that he's like "Smell ya Later!" after
he beats Sekai in Gunpla Battle.

There's no doubt about it, we have this show's Gary Oak with this episode folks.

That aside, I really liked this episode. If the action wasn't reminscient of G Gundam before, it was after this episode. That fight sequence at the end of this episode guys. SO GOOD.

Also we got some more development on the cute romantic side of the show. I don't know about the rest of you, but I really love this side of the show. It adds to the show's heart, and it makes it more fun to watch, seeing the characters interact with each other like that.

This show continues to be the one I look forward to the most every week, right next to Fate/Stay Night. It's still so much fun!

Midonin

Someday's Dreamers Sora 07-09

When the characters aren't in the frame, I may as well be looking at a photograph. It makes me think of what I associate with "anime movie", at least a certain kind of anime movie. Not an art style I encounter very often, especially with the kinds of shows I tend to watch. The Sora/Gouta romance has been developing nicely enough, and I don't even mind the misunderstanding that follows at the end of this batch of episodes. The use of the singer girl as a repeated motif has really helped the urban feeling the show is going for. While Yume and her friends haven't appeared, seeing all those dolphins reminded me of her, if only for a moment. I really can't think of any other shows to compare this to. It's about youth, has plenty of gravitas, and a light tone, but with a really "realistic" feel. Like I said, it feels cinematic, in some ways. Even more like a drama than the first series did. Yet it never forgets it has magic. I can guarantee that Icicle Heaven wouldn't have looked quite as good if done in live action CGI.

I liked this episode for everything that happened in the last 7 minutes. Nice to see Sekai beaten for once even after they allowed him to pull another asspull power out of nowhere in an attempt to win. Though I fully expect the guy to lose next time they meet because cocky characters are not allowed to succeed in anime ever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh neat! So its food competition? Like Yakitate Japan?

Yakitake Japan meets fine dining w/ foodgasms (i.e. reaction shots of people eating food.) Very hot-blooded, and it can be fanservicey, typically in both directions since men have to eat the food also.

If you're in an anime, chances are your parents are dead or in another country. Those are just the rules.

You might get lucky and get a single parent, usually the dad.
You want to know what'll really break the mold? If the parents go off to another country for work...

...and there children come with them.

Because Charlie Brown isn't a Precure either.

I ...

wait nevermind .

-----------------
Hischoool Seha Girls - 04

What space channel 5 could have learnt from virtua fighter
What golden axe could have learn from space channel 5

The possibilities are endless !!!!
Hi-sCoool%21%20SeHa%20Girl%20-%2004_01.jpg

I can't get enough of the dreamcast + internet jokes !

>WHAT phantasy star online ? this show is the gift that keep on giving ! can't wait ...

Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin - Episodes 1-21 [END]

So Jexhius got me back onto this after three whole years on hold and I really don't know why I hadn't watched the rest of the series earlier, as it's similar to one of my all time favourite anime, Fist of the North Star, only this time we have dogs.

I'm not actually sure what to think of it by the end really apart from the fact that I enjoyed every minute of it! From the rediculous fighting techniques, the random changes in physics with some moves defying gravity and the laws of momentum and the uncensored violence, which is lacking in most modern anime.

The show's switch to dog only action starting at Episode 7 was needed as Daisuke was annoying as hell as a main character, so it was good that he took a back seat. Only thing is that we lost the old man, who was pretty much the best character in the entire show, he's a mad old guy out to kill Akakabuto no matter what the cost and did some pretty insane things to his dogs and even to himself in order to defeat Akakabuto, he's absolutely hilarious to watch.

Everyone needs to watch this show for dogs, and for bears.

The next series, Ginga Densetsu Weed, apparently has an antagonist which is a giant robot dog that is as fast as a motorcycle. I kid you not!

JoeFu

Banned
Parasyte 04

Another good episode. Felt kinda awkward in the beginning with teacher pregnancy thing to Shinichi saying hes gonna kill her maybe a bit rushed?

Ryoko experiences mothers intuition and is making her curious I guess. She's probably gonna want to keep the baby now? Nice back story with the mom and her scar. Really like the parents and hope they make it through the show. Wonder if they find out about migi? Anyways need more pls.

Midonin

Librarian 04

I like the new opening and ending animation. Took a while for them to get settled, but everything's making a better package, now. The birthday parties, fliers and trip to the hot springs were fun, too. Less explicit than the in-game CGs, I'm sure, but the important part was the character bonding. The title for the next episode has my interest, too.

duckroll

That's insanity. That's almost ep 10 of Bakemonogatari tier.

I can assure you that nothing Shaft has ever done is comparable to this. The closest comparison here would probably be Kissdum episode 3, except even after "fixing" it that show looked awful. Wizard Barristers ep11 is now among the legends of unfinished TV episodes, especially since they actually DID fix it so there's a comparison for exactly what was missing.

I think that well over half the episode has been completely altered or upgraded, and the rest of it has minor touch ups all over. In the first 4 minutes of the episode leading up to the OP, over 2 minutes of that was missing from the TV version.

jman2050

I can assure you that nothing Shaft has ever done is comparable to this. The closest comparison here would probably be Kissdum episode 3, except even after "fixing" it that show looked awful. Wizard Barristers ep11 is now among the legends of unfinished TV episodes, especially since they actually DID fix it so there's a comparison for exactly what was missing.

I think that well over half the episode has been completely altered or upgraded, and the rest of it has minor touch ups all over. In the first 4 minutes of the episode leading up to the OP, over 2 minutes of that was missing from the TV version.

Ah I thought you were only talking about that one scene. That's even more insane then.

Midonin

Chaika AB 04

That explains everything.
So there never was an original Chaika. Every Chaika is as fake as the others, purely being used to collect and revive(?) Gazzy. So Layla was telling the truth. This is going to be a real crisis of confidence for Chaika, especially if she finds out who she originally was.
Glad that Frederica got some stuff to do, and with this, it looks like the endgame has truly been set in motion.

Parasyte 4:
The fight at the beginning was pretty sweet. Things seem to be moving pretty fast right now. Shinichi isn't really doing a very good job of acting normal, but we can also see that he's changing quite a bit.

But really, who enters someone's bedroom without knocking like that?

Crocodile

Parasyte 4

That was some nice "animation" in that fight :p Actually the effects after the fight were pretty good just not the whole tentacle swiping part.

Teacher's union should take their faux moral outrage and shove it up their butts :/

I feel like death flags are being shoved in my face with regards to the parents and just after my spiel about Gundam earlier today too. Or is it all a swerve? Will the Mom get an alien in her hand too what with all the focus on her burned hand that we never saw till now?

Link Man

Banned
Parasyte 4

That was some nice "animation" in that fight :p Actually the effects after the fight were pretty good just not the whole tentacle swiping part.

Teacher's union should take their faux moral outrage and shove it up their butts :/

I feel like death flags are being shoved in my face with regards to the parents and just after my spiel about Gundam earlier today too. Or is it all a swerve? Will the Mom get an alien in her hand too what with all the focus on her burned hand that we never saw till now?

OP
kind of spoils the mom's fate, I think

Branduil

Parasyte 4

So, we get hints that there may be an intelligent and malicious design behind the parasytes, and they're not merely feeding on humans by chance. There's also a tone that implies something bad is going to happen soon, well, more bad than usual. Shinichi is certainly in danger as long as more powerful parasytes are aware of his existence. Ryoko certainly won't go out like a jobber like
A-san
did.

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes 15:
What's this? Actually strategy in a fight? We're almost back in real Pokemon territory, although the strategy is still nowhere near DP levels, and Satoshi is still pretty weakened compared to then. But the fight itself was pretty fun, so it would be nice if the show could keep that level up. Rocket Gang scenes continue to be terrible and have no personality, however. Baby steps, I guess.

Chaika AB - 04

Ooh exciting episode. Shocking thruths. Took quite the dark turn, but who was the lady getting cut in Chaika's dream/memory then? Big up for wise Gandalf Kraken spilling the beans on some lore.
What's Hatsune Miku doing in Chaika?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom