• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kara no Kyoukai 2-4
I'm sick in bed with a fever, so it seemed like a primo time to watch more of the KnK films.

I really enjoyed all three. #2 was actually my favorite of the three I watched though. I guess I'm a little different than some and have a preference for character-focused stuff. After the abrupt way the first film basically threw me in the deep end, I appreciated stepping back and kind of just introducing me to the characters.

The start to #3 may be among the most uncomfortable things I've ever watched. I actually commend the movie for that, because it didn't seem (to me at least) to be trying to make that particular crime sexy like anime often does. It was just awful. Beyond that, the movie was good, left questions but didn't really answer much for me.

#4 was solid but nothing overwhelming in my eyes. I enjoyed it, but it was short, so I felt a bit unfulfilled, even if questions/loose ends were being answered.

At this point, things seem to be falling into place a little. Ufotable is godly in terms of their work with these films. The soundtracks are pretty nifty as well.

Guess I'll go watch more!
aro9k.jpg

kara_no_kyoukai_3_tsuukaku_zanryuu-29215.jpg

kara_no_kyoukai_4_garan_no_dou-37453.jpg

GBFT 3

This girl made the mistake of crushing on Sekai when he's already got his canon OTP confirmed, better luck next time

GBFT 4

So were SD Gundam every this cool in any of the shows they showed up in? I only really remember the Superior Defender show they showed on CN and I remembered hating it.

Also those kids spoke for the audience with the "kissu" scene

The biggest issue with Kara No Kyokai for me is that they really want to emphasize the relationship of the two leads throughout the films, but one is barely on screen and they're rarely seen on scenes together. Still, I enjoyed the films. Don't know if I want more as the latest movie was a disappointment.

duckroll

GBFT 4

So were SD Gundam every this cool in any of the shows they showed up in? I only really remember the Superior Defender show they showed on CN and I remembered hating it.

No, SD Gundam as characters are not "cool" in any way. But SD Gundam kits are VERY cool. One thing Build Fighters has consistently done is to accurately portray how awesome SD kits are. They look simple and small, and they're non-scale, so some people write them off, but the reality is that they're extremely fun to build, they're easy to put together but some come with a TON of fun gimmicks and accessories to play with. They also look really good for what they are, and they're really cheap.

I come here for the first time in weeks and Goldfish Warning is in discussion. I've taught you all I can.

You have my attention.

I'd recommend it to more people but it seems that many can't watch anime longer than 13-26 episodes nowadays. There's also the fact that many irl friends of mine are averse to old anime for some reason. Even if you mention Ikuhara, Igarashi or Sato who have made some big-ish anime in the last 10 years, it just flies over their heads.

As for Shirobako, it's my favourite anime of this season. I never expected to find an anime this season that would outclass both GBF:TRY and G-Reco, but I did. It's great to see production process behind anime in a fun and enjoyable format. Also showing how projects of any kind can have its pitfalls and snags but all the while enjoying the work that they do.

Chaika AB - 04

The truth is out ! but somehow i'm not sure that this guy knows the whole truth of this experiment.

Regardless this is exactly the twist i was expecting ( nothing else made sense )

Kraken are intelligent creatures ? reallly ???

The biggest issue with Kara No Kyokai for me is that they really want to emphasize the relationship of the two leads throughout the films, but one is barely on screen and they're rarely seen on scenes together. Still, I enjoyed the films. Don't know if I want more as the latest movie was a disappointment.
Do you mean #7 or the one after that? Which was the disappointment?

Log Horizon S2 04

Whole lotta faffing about with some important plot stuff towards the end. Akatsuki still feeling salty over a Middle Schooler, which she at least admits is kind of sad. Maybe hunting down a murderer in Akiba will get her out of her funk.

duckroll

Chaika Avenging Battle - Episode 4

This season is getting really good. It's pretty much expected though, because as it heads towards the climax of the series things will just get more and more interesting. I don't think the "mysteries" are that much of a surprise to people who have been paying attention or those who have watched Scrapped Princess before, but it's still fun to see them play out. I love the creature design on the show too, it's creepy and cool at the same time. Too bad every time those unicorns show up, they get rekt'd in a bloody manner. Lol.

No, SD Gundam as characters are not "cool" in any way. But SD Gundam kits are VERY cool. One thing Build Fighters has consistently done is to accurately portray how awesome SD kits are. They look simple and small, and they're non-scale, so some people write them off, but the reality is that they're extremely fun to build, they're easy to put together but some come with a TON of fun gimmicks and accessories to play with. They also look really good for what they are, and they're really cheap.

Okay so I'm not just crazy this show and models have done more for SD Gundam then any SD Gundam show

Parastye 4

If his parents come back from vacation 1 alive and 2 not turned into parastyes I'll be legit shook. I dunno what he was thinking letting Migi talk him into letting them go. Good episode overall the battle was fun even if it was a bit simple worked very well for the purposes of the story. I do kind of want to know how Migi got a gun in the country of Japan and why our MC seems to not react worse to it

Parastye 4

If his parents come back from vacation 1 alive and 2 not turned into parastyes I'll be legit shook. I dunno what he was thinking letting Migi talk him into letting them go. Good episode overall the battle was fun even if it was a bit simple worked very well for the purposes of the story. I do kind of want to know how Migi got a gun in the country of Japan and why our MC seems to not react worse to it

I don't think he did? I think he just changed his body to look like one.
Edit: I think so, in ep 1 you can see him change his form to look like a fish or have wings when he was reading the book

I don't think he did? I think he just changed his body to look like one.
Edit: I think so, in ep 1 you can see him change his form to look like a fish or have wings when he was reading the book

Good catch I guess you're right

World Trigger 3

We're still in the early part of the story though things do begin to pick up thanks to the events of this chapter. So far it does a good job of adapting the manga and that's about it

NeonZ

GBFT 4

SD Gundam Brave Battle Warriors (a not faithful adaptation of Romance of the 3 kingdoms) had its moments, although it also had a lot of really generic shounen bits.

Jarmel

Banned
Parastye-4

Wow. This was a fucking mess of an episode. Both the storyboarding and animation were really subpar at times. The lead himself almost seems like he has a split personality. One second he's doing something badass and the next he's whining to high heaven.

Oh and one of those parents are definitely getting killed. I could see those death flags all over the place.

Anyone notice the headshot in Psycho-Pass 2's OP?

Around the 0:34 second mark.

oh wow, 1st op was showed it pretty quick but here is clear as day .
Parastye-4

Wow. This was a fucking mess of an episode. Both the storyboarding and animation were really subpar at times. The lead himself almost seems like he has a split personality. One second he's doing something badass and the next he's whining to high heaven.

Oh and one of those parents are definitely getting killed. I could see those death flags all over the place.

The mom
is in the OP as a infected
i think thats her.

Breloom

Neo Member
Just finished watching Gurren Lagann.. I put my expectations too high and in the end I was inevitably disappointed. I wish I could give the series a perfect 10 but the anime just didn't sit well with me at times. Still has some of my favourite characters of all time and one of the best endings I have ever seen. It was a damn rollercoaster from start to finish and I don't regret watching it one bit.
Are the movies just condensed versions of the series or do they differ from the series?

Just finished watching Gurren Lagann.. I put my expectations too high and in the end I was inevitably disappointed. I wish I could give the series a perfect 10 but the anime just didn't sit well with me at times. Still has some of my favourite characters of all time and one of the best endings I have ever seen. It was a damn rollercoaster from start to finish and I don't regret watching it one bit.
Are the movies just condensed versions of the series or do they differ from the series?

There are differences, mainly in the final battle of the second movie.
It's worth just watching that alone.

Ai katsu - 23

Graduation time ! it was an alright episode that focused on the future and teamwork
It was alright. Ran has a clear goal and grew as a character as a result.
This was alright.

Ai katsu - 24

This one of those episodes .. a onsen episode , without any trace of an onsen..

Well played ai katsu ... well played

But i must admit that the discussions between each girl was quite nice... DAtT forshadowing with the sun that prevent the other stars to appear ...

Just noted , Aoi case contained :
-A laptop
-Charger for laptop + charger for phone
-3 full cakes
-a survival kit
-3 umbrellas
-a first aid kit
-clothes
-1 cannister with tea
-1 cannister with milk + coffee
- fork , knives and support in order to eat outside

WTF aoi , are you planning to go the doraemon route ? It's just a one day onsen trip !!!

Ai katsu - 25

For a april fool episode i expected something else.

It's now obvious that ichigo dad is Toriko, except this version is without any weakness , keeping the cross -overs, sunrise it seems ?? .

Verdict after 25 episodes

Aikatsu is enjoyable , there is no reason to stop now !

Character Ranking
Johnny sensei >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yurika > Aoi > Ran >Mizuki > Raichi>Ichigo > Shion>Orihime>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Otome

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam Build 2-4

Sekai really is an awful lead. I'm kind of surprised this season was also written by Kuroda. The writing feels like someone else or someone who took a long break and decided to finally write a sequel.

The characterization feels so amplified this season that it comes off as too try hard.

cajunator

Banned
Chaika AB - 04

Ooh exciting episode. Shocking thruths. Took quite the dark turn, but who was the lady getting cut in Chaika's dream/memory then? Big up for wise Gandalf Kraken spilling the beans on some lore.
What's Hatsune Miku doing in Chaika?

Thats Twintails but its not Miku.
Either way they are creating something wonderful Im sure.

Nozaki-kun 07

Oh no! He's taking food pictures! ;P

A sailor suit gets tried, there's model posing and lots of figures. I'd buy some of those...

Taking pics of food isnt a bad thing. Kinda fun when you have something delicious or unique. However, my gripe is when people take pictures of food at a restaurant. Youre holding up a table and its just rude and obnoxious.

Chaika S2: EP4

Mama always did say: Get experimentin', or get kraken

I really missed your horrifically terrible puns mr doggy.

Chaika S2 Episode 4

Awesome episode. Wasnt expecting this twist. I was sure they were just
clones of the actual Chaika, but instead they were just orphaned girls with fake memories.
I wonder if they will explain the mark on their necks and Vivis transformation though. Theres also that Guy guy. Seems like he wants to help the Chaikas in a way.

Oh man, I cant wait for next episode. Frederica looks like she is going to go on a slaughter spree.

And how the hell does one hate cat girls? Demi humans are cool. Cat girls, damnit! Had to chuckle at the twin tails in the lab though.

I always liked her design, very happy that shes a cat girl in ALO :3

I usually just gloss over every scene where they discuss which ingredients are being used and why thats so awesome. So hopefully the animation will make those scenes somewhat interesting.

Praise kamisama!

Aikatsu - 20
Things to note

-paparazzis are the worst thing that happens in idol anime
-I personnaly don't mind goth-lolis

This was a fun episode.

THE GREATEST

I learned recently that OniAi went OOP. I guess it was really a limited run

I was really curious to watch it. Glad I picked it up when I did.

Jarmel

Banned
Chaika 2-4

They really like to flaunt Red Chaika's ass. Looking forward to next week!

Honestly this revelation should have come long ago for it to have any impact whatsoever.

cajunator

Banned
Ai katsu - 21
This was , without a doubt the most entertaining ai katsu episode so far

I honnestly have nothing but praise for this episode...
A sudden special audition is there, Only 2 places but they MUST work as a team of 4 in order to suceed .. The premise was already good , but we included our chuunii idol vampire friend in the mix that won't let her guard down out of her "role" thanks to the previous episode. Team work suffers as a result ..

Regardless of all of this , each challenge , while classical worked masterfully with the rest of the episode , be it mizuki message needing help ( nice nod btw) , the traps that were a nice mix of reality and fiction ..yurika death scene was magnificent as a result.

This was trully nice , the nods to previous episodes were there , there was coherence in this mayhem and that's more than welcome.

IN term of comedy , this episode was well above average , with those stupid situations, those reversals and the likes.

Overall this episode delivered , trully the first 9/10 aikatsu episode. i hope this show will keep this up , because for a character that i expected to last only 1 ep , our little vampire continues to impress , much more than the baka love airhead girl that can't deny being a rip-off of cure lemonade.

Ok I definitely want to watch this now. what have yall done?

I haven't watched it, so this is a question. Are you saying you can never have a rape victim that becomes a "villain"? There's no way in your mind that allows a person to be brutalized and then become a villain either unrelated or as a result of people hurting them? The idea of "people hurt me, I'm going to hurt them"?

This doesn't just happen with rape victim stories. There are stories about child abusers who become abusive, etc.

Its a disgusting and horrible thing to happen to someone and thats why it works well to explain a villains disdain for humanity. You can definitely understand someone with this tragically fucked up backstory becoming a person of hate. But though with good reason, it still doesnt excuse their further actions.

I'm in too deep. At this point I can't be satisfied until I'm completely caught up on the entire Pretty Cure metaseries.

You poor thing. May your suffering be swift and painless.

I don't know why people like Build so much. It's like fake Gundam. The choreographed fights have no bearing on the real world.

Its like Angelic Layer with Gundams. thats why its great!

I'm sure it can be done but it has to be done well. In Future Diary there was no rhyme or reason to include her backstory scenes other than to have the character displayed naked in sexual poses. (Rape is sexy!) The main character is never made aware of her backstory and it serves no purpose to the plot. The way it was done left a horrible taste in my mouth to the point where I have to drop it.

However that's not my only problem with how Future Diary exploits women. There is a scene where a women is being held captive in chains and she is completely naked. What is the purpose of her being naked? Hell if I know! Not explained and nothing leading up to her capture. Just an excuse to show tits I guess.

I think it was done in a reasonable way. She wasnt depicted in any revealing position, just her upper body pinned down and some other vague shots where you knew what was going on but it wasnt even animated. I think youre overemphasizing what is a very minor part of the show, especially considering the horrific other things that happened.

TUSR

Banned
Chaika 4

Red Chaika is best, Vivi Chaika, and White Chaika.

So much Chaika, the preview for next episode looks good.

duckroll

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ont-tv-anime-bones-staff-cast-unveiled/.80492

Blood Blockade Battlefront

9HdGoQs.jpg

2015 TV Anime

Original Author: Yasuhiro Nightow
Director: Rie Matsumoto
Script: Kazunao Furuya
Character Design: Toshihiro Kawamoto
Art Director: Shinji Kimura
Animation Production: BONES

A breach between Earth and the netherworlds has opened up over the city of New York, trapping New Yorkers and creatures from other dimensions in an impenetrable bubble. They've lived together for years, in a world of crazy crime sci-fi sensibilities. Now someone is threatening to sever the bubble, and a group of stylish superhumans is working to keep it from happening.

I'm a fan of Red Chaika, but her constant ass shots. Jesus christ. I didn't realize it was Sword Chaika Online II.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ont-tv-anime-bones-staff-cast-unveiled/.80492

Blood Blockade Battlefront

2015 TV Anime

Director: Rie Matsumoto
Script: Kazunao Furuya
Character Design: Toshihiro Kawamoto
Art Director: Shinji Kimura
Animation Production: BONES

Don't see too high of a regard for the manga, but maybe an anime will make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom