• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ont-tv-anime-bones-staff-cast-unveiled/.80492

Blood Blockade Battlefront

2015 TV Anime

Director: Rie Matsumoto
Script: Kazunao Furuya
Character Design: Toshihiro Kawamoto
Art Director: Shinji Kimura
Animation Production: BONES

ThyTkh.jpg
ThyTkh.jpg
ThyTkh.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHh

Jarmel

Banned
For me the only question mark is the scriptwriter and the source.

That said, the story gets uber points for being in NYC and not some place in Japan.

duckroll

ooooooooooooooh i recognize the title of this

new Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun, Gungrave) adaption! :D

Does that mean it's dark and edgy as fuck? Because Minami said that BONES is working on a "surprisingly dark" TV series in 2015 at one of the cons he was at this year. Lol.

duckroll

Yep, we'll see whether that turns out to be good or bad but going by Bahamut I'm leaning towards good.

ohmanohmanohman

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This series isn't going to be singularly funded out of the pocket of a super rich game company which doesn't give a fuck. :(

Jarmel

Banned
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This series isn't going to be singularly funded out of the pocket of a super rich game company which doesn't give a fuck. :(

It's still BONES though and whichever team this is, should have had a good amount of preproduction/production time. So I doubt they're going to pull a SE NOT.

So unless someone says Furuya's scripts were terrible, my main worry is the source.

Should I feel bad that I never finished Steins;Gate?

If you're a fan of sci-fi then yes. It depends on how high your standards are though. It's a pretty popular anime in the West and it gets better in the second half once the less slice-of-life aspect of the show kicks in. If you don't mind that the plot is almost minimal and that it entirely relies on the sci-fi premise and characters, then go for it. Personally one of my favorite anime, but I'm really into sci-fi.

Soma

Does that mean it's dark and edgy as fuck? Because Minami said that BONES is working on a "surprisingly dark" TV series in 2015 at one of the cons he was at this year. Lol.

the chapter or two that i read didn't leave much of an impression on me but the setting seemed pretty interesting.

didn't seem TOO dark/edgy beyond the premise imo. very action packed and a lot of those goofy comedy moments that Trigun had. who knows how that'll translate into the anime tho.

duckroll

It's still BONES though and whichever team this is, should have had a good amount of preproduction/production time. So I doubt they're going to pull a SE NOT.

So unless someone says Furuya's scripts were terrible, my main worry is the source.

True, BONES is one of the few studios which I feel production budget and time isn't that big of a concern.... most of the time!

Instro

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ont-tv-anime-bones-staff-cast-unveiled/.80492

Blood Blockade Battlefront

9HdGoQs.jpg

2015 TV Anime

Original Author: Yasuhiro Nightow
Script: Kazunao Furuya
Character Design: Toshihiro Kawamoto
Art Director: Shinji Kimura
Animation Production: BONES

I am ready to be boned.

If only.

If you're a fan of sci-fi then yes. It depends on how high your standards are though. It's a pretty popular anime in the West and it gets better in the second half once the less slice-of-life aspect of the show kicks in. If you don't mind that the plot is almost minimal and that it entirely relies on the sci-fi premise and characters, then go for it. Personally one of my favorite anime, but I'm really into sci-fi.

Yep I am a big Sci-fi fan, and man I need to finish Planetes also...So many anime's I was halfway or close to done I forgot about.

Jarmel

Banned
Surely if you were trapped in a bubble you'd look to escape it. Sounds dumb and generic. Is this going to be the Magi of 2015?

I'll have to read the source later but my guess is the logic behind that being the Blockaders don't want werewolves and vampires running around the outside world. NYC is 'renamed in the show to Jerusalem's Lot, which if you've seen Salem's Lot, should give you a strong indication of what they're going for.

Are we REALLY sure that Ninja Slayer is a real TV series and not a series of gag shorts like Inferno Cop?

Well we did get those gengas..

Future Diary Series Impressions

Before you say anything, no I have not finished it and I have no intentions of finishing it now. As such, I will give my impressions of the series up until the point I stopped (episode 5). Sorry Mike but this was just too terrible to continue.

Well... After all those other watchbets I didn't think this was the one you'd drop, but ok.

Episode 5 was the most fucked up one though.

wonzo

Banned
flicked through the first volume of blood blockade battlefront and it's a real bre. the premise has potential so hopefully matsumoto decides to do her own thing with it

cajunator

Banned
Code Pizza 13

This new OP sucks, I want JIBUN WOOOOOO back
Why is Lelouch so bad at keeping his mask on?

Best girl, worst pizza.

I'm a fan of Red Chaika, but her constant ass shots. Jesus christ. I didn't realize it was Sword Chaika Online II.

Don't see too high of a regard for the manga, but maybe an anime will make it better.

Please dont insult dearest Chaika in such a manner.

Should I feel bad that I never finished Steins;Gate?

This should be rectified. Steins;Gate is well worth your time!

Hell yeah!

Hell yeaaaaah!
;_;

Prepare to Amy!

Preparing!
My Shiro figure is in Chicago too right now. Hurry upppppp

phaze

Bones huh ? They're not Toei but they will have to do I guess.

Loved Kyousougiga so count me in for another Rie Matsumoto show.

Duckroll slain.

---

Parasyte 4

Mm yeah this is the weakest one so far. Nothing awful, but the action scene could have been better directed, it didn't feel specially tense and the music :S, and later it lost the thriller pace that the series had in the previous episodes, with long scenes of the family with the mother worried.

Syrinx

Hmm. Rightstuf sent me an email confirming my SM set had shipped and said that * could count on it "leaving the warehouse in the next 2 business days"

That sounds like a pretty loose definition of "shipped", but what do I know?

cajunator

Banned
Hmm. Rightstuf sent me an email confirming my SM set had shipped and said that * could count on it "leaving the warehouse in the next 2 business days"

sometimes I get email confirmation that things shipped and its already out of Iowa.
Usually within 3 days I get stuff.

Thoraxes

They say that, but the second your card is charged it's pretty much leaving their warehouse. I get pretty much everything 1-3 days from shipping time using the free shipping.

Syrinx

They say that, but the second your card is charged it's pretty much leaving their warehouse. I get pretty much everything 1-3 days from shipping time using the free shipping.
I tried tracking it but USPS' stupid thing said not found.

Whatever, as long as I have it by Monday I'll be fine.

Thoraxes

I tried tracking it but USPS' stupid thing said not found.

Whatever, as long as I have it by Monday I'll be fine.

Yeah, the USPS site is dumb sometimes. I'll have orders not update (from the initial shipment info) till they're out for delivery without any in-between steps sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom