• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
gdgd Fairies 2 10

DsOHE6F.jpg

The 3d transformation sequences in this is somehow no worse than the ones in SMC...

Everybody enjoys a nice camping trip, burns down the house and goes through an obstacle course.

Midonin

YuYuYu 04

A hero can make it through a week without having a MotW attack them every once in a while. (Until the very end of the episode, at least.) The sisters were in the spotlight, and Itsuki was having stage fright. I'm glad to see Karin kinda sorta embracing her role as the tsundere/punching bag of the group, and Mimorin's got her own quirks that are making her quite endearing. I remember reading on yaraon that episode 5 marked the point where the battles began.

I still have hope. Because hope is always there, and Yuna is there too.

Psycho Pass S2 - 04

wat.

I would've tried to group up on the old man and bring him down, especially after his doggie was out. There were like 8 people in there and (to their knowledge, not knowing its Kamui) one of them, having a nailgun.
Why is it automatically lethal mode on that high CC? Surerly there should atleast be the Stun option available for interrogation purposes. Nah fuck that, instead let's just mow down all of the people running out of fear in their underwear, I'm just following orders. That sniper was dope though.

This show clouds my hue.
Vivi goes where?
In the trash along with Layla
Vivi is Purple due to her outfit

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not even done with the fourth episode of Psycho-Pass S2 and this is already the stupidest episode in the entire franchise.

Without a fucking doubt.

Edit: Holy shit this keeps going down the stupid rabbit hole.

Defuser

Psycho Pass S2 - 04

wat.

I would've tried to group up on the old man and bring him down, especially after his doggie was out. There were like 8 people in there and (to their knowledge, not knowing its Kamui) one of them, having a nailgun.
Basically sibyl system have rendered people helpless since a act of force can be constituted to be their CC is high to get enforced or eliminated.Damn if they do,damn if they dont, catch 22. And bystander effect, hoping others will do it instead of oneself.

Basically sibyl system have rendered people helpless since a act of force can be constituted to be their CC is high to get enforced or eliminated.Damn if they do,damn if they dont, catch 22. And bystander effect, hoping others will do it instead of oneself.
Yep , they are doing their best to show how stupid the sybil system is and the limit of this system , and this is without relying on what we know of the system already since season 1.

I'm pretty sure they can show something even more ridiculous if they try to

Well yeah, one brave soul tried (RIP in peace ;_;7) and he got stomped because no one else chipped in. I'd rather die knowing I took down that asshole, than get executed later for doing fuck all

Midonin

Twintail 04

A lot of the pitches for anime sound ridiculous on paper, but we accept them because we've been in this for so long that we get that they're long-lasting, with history and a traceable evolution over the ages. I'm not sure if honesty and conviction are the same thing, but conviction is definitely present in today's episode. And it hits all the good points of what makes a toku series work.

Dragguildy, I thought he'd last longer, but with that skill with a sword, he must be none other than the Guard Dog (Dragon?) of Hell, Deka Master. Aika fighting against the 987 combatmen reminded me of Doggie's famous takedown of 100 at once, one of the standout scenes of Dekaranger.

And duh, of course
Twoearle is the previous Tail Blue.
When I think of superhero girls played by Mayayan, none come to mind but the legendary Z-Cune Aoi. She even got four movies. The first three were recaps, but the thought is what's important. Not even Seed Satan presented as much of a challenge as these guys do.

So much conviction. Aika's not totally into it, but the fever will sweep her eventually. Swan's head may have been held too high, but the point is clear. The love of Twintails, the love of Super Sentai, is alive and well, beating here in the heart of the TBS block. It's Arakawa's world, we're merely living in it and feeling the residual effects of the cat drugs. So they want to take attributes for themselves? General Pain wanted to take over Akiba because he was a fanboy, and Dr. Z got revenge based on equally petty motives. It's all a story, but there was real conviction to it.

Super Hero Time isn't restricted to Sunday mornings. I want Twoearle to return as the Masked Twintail. Maybe even get a full suit of armor. Because it's not Super Hero Time otherwise.

Dragguildy, never stop.

Psycho-Pass 2 04

Wow.
Just wow.
This show has gone above and beyond the call of stupidity.
GG Pyscho Pass. There was a time when I liked you.
Duckroll where are you?

Shirobako 04

Voice acting is suffering.
Drunk moe is best moe.
Fuck Tarou.

Akame ga Kill! Theater 17

Poor Bols. Always getting bullied.

Jarmel

Banned
PP2-4
Fuck you Ubukata. Fucking trash writing of the highest/worst level. So many fucking stupid character decisions and hackneyed writing to drive home his point.
DON'T FIRE ON THE GUY BEATING PEOPLE TO DEATH LET ME DO IT
OH WOW WE SHOULDN'T TRY TO GET IN DESPITE SOMETHING CLEARLY BEING WRONG
HEY LET'S THROW AWAY THE WORKING NAIL GUN I HAVE TO PICK UP THE NONWORKING DOMINATOR. FUCK USING MY COMMUNICATOR TO CALL FOR BACK-UP.
I'M A POLICE OFFICER WITH NO HAND TO HAND COMBAT EXPERIENCE
YOU DIDN'T DO JACK FUCKING SHIT SO SHUT UP

I was screaming through this episode. Fuck you Ubukata. This isn't even dystopia level anymore, this is filled with characters whose IQs are below 90. The first season might have had too much philosophy or some questionable decision making but it was never ever this stupid both in execution and actual writing.

Your Lie in April 4:
That music, again. That was a really captivating performance. I felt like they captured what was going on in Kousei's head quite well, and you could really feel his anguish and despair, as well as the way that Kaori gave him some hope and how her music had moved him. Kousei and Kaori's interactions also remain a highlight. I loved their bits together before going out on stage. After the end of the episode, I'm really curious to see what's going to happen next week. It's going to be a long wait.

Midonin

April 04

I liked the more dreamlike effects that accompanied Kousei's performance. The sweat turning into an ocean and the notes flying off the page. (Paging Hummy.) It appeals to what the heart of music is. If we do think that Peter can be represented by a violin and a wolf by some French horns, than anything is possible with music. The craft of doing it is certainly there, but it's equally important to remember that it inspires to dream. Because ultimately, Kaori (Kawori?) wasn't completely playing for herself there. A little friendly competition within the competition, it's a human thing. That can produce the best results.

(I also need more Ayaneru. That would be nice.)

phaze

I still wish this was a real anime.

Best villain in the entire genre.

This episode, the 3min Zan SZS OP, and Madoka Rebellion are Shaft's greatest achievements.

2/3 of the best stuff still before me then. Loved all the OP's and ED's so far so this Zan one must be great.

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 8

ik282zof9ykdjbvu5o.gif

That ending. Wut. The first season's opening and ending already hinted at a possible
disturbing nature of this harem but it seems like they're really going for it. Unless they will just laugh it off.

Naruto Shippuden 384

Huh I didn't even realise we were already here. I will finally be manga free as of the next week. The episode itself was terrible, the events in the manga were already bad enough (I even managed to forget all the power of friendship stuff and the hamfisted use of the rookie nine to make them seem relevant.) but they managed to spice it up with a non existent animation and a 5 minute flashback to 329 in the middle of the climax. -_-

Pierrot please, this is the end run of your long running milk cow. One well animated episode in 20 is not enough when dealing with such pivotal moments, splash some fucking cash.

Your Lie in April 4
The physical humor still seems poorly done to me, so I wish they'd cut that stuff out. Maybe it's funny in a manga, but it doesn't hit me right in the show. The character drama though is still really well done. The way they showed Kousei's struggles was really quite good, and as usual the music was pretty enchanting. Whatever problem Kaori has, I have this feeling that it won't put me on as much of a feel trip as Tsubaki will. I feel for the girl already.

Show still looks really good. And I still dig that OP.

duckroll

So what's happening on Psycho-pass 2 next week? Seems like a major episode!! (Lol)

Episode Director:
Satomi Kurose (This guy must be some Tatsunoko internal dude, he co-storyboarded a bunch of Gatchaman Crowds but nothing much else)

Storyboard:
Keisuke Kojima (Main Animator on Yuyushiki, worked on a bunch of Kill la Kill, only storyboarded the Yuyushiki OP previously)
Yuzo Sato (Psycho-Pass 2 Chief Unit Director)
Kiyotaka Suzuki (Psycho-Pass 2 Series Director, Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta Assistant Director)
Naoyoshi Shiotani (Psycho-Pass 2 Director)

Animation Directors:
Tatsuro Kawano (Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta Animation Director for the best eps - 1, 6, 10)
Manabu Nakatake (Psycho-Pass 2 Designer)
Shigeki Kuhara (Psycho-Pass 2 Designer)

??????????????????????

What miracles await us?! :p

gdgd Fairies 2 12

No toast? smh.

It's a new school year and everybody have to choose a club to join and... oh... wait...

So, there's some new segments and more of the long story episodes. It's still gdgd fairies though. If you liked the first season you'll like this one as well, and if you didn't, well...

Same score as the first season 2/5 Utah teapots:
RZ9khwL.png
RZ9khwL.png
UpFr9tA.png
UpFr9tA.png
UpFr9tA.png

duckroll

Four boarders for a single episode of Psycho-Pass?

I'm not even 100% certain if it's 4 boarders and one director, or 4 directors and one boarder. I've seen people report it as both. Haven't seen the actual magazine blurb myself. Either way, it's loooool.

Jarmel

Banned
Your Lie in April-4
This drama is too much at times. It's too heavyhanded in that the drowning metaphor was enough but them overlaying it with the mother is just overkill.

Oh and nothing like a showdown between friends over a sickly girl. The drama for that should be delicious.

Hajime no Ippo: Rising 25:
That final punch looked so brutal. It was a wonderful moment. I'm happy to see this story finally animated, as it was one that really stood out reading the manga. Although the manga is somewhat uneven after this point for a little while, I do hope they do a fourth season before too long. There are still some great moments left to animate.

cajunator

Banned
How's the Gargantia release? That's something I'd want to own eventually, I think.

Yikes.

The packaging is decent. It comes with a pretty little artbook!

Little Witch Academia

Wow, this was great. Charming and funny. I love the "Harry Potter" feeling it gave me. Speaking of which are there any "Potteresque" anime?
Professor best girl. Full season when?

I'm considering getting this just for my bro Chamber
;_;

Sucy is actually the best,

dan2026

Really disappointed in Terra Formars.

And I don't mean the censorship issues that have plagued it. The pace is so rushed and awful it feels like half the story has been cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom